Sup Forumsces

What would you like to see in a fresh new anime focused on fighter pilots? This genre is being neglected.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gZ7hDaRos-s
youtube.com/watch?v=Du6hCRkg-5Q
youtube.com/watch?v=O9kLbrO2vBI
youtube.com/watch?v=B2DWSO_BL2Y
youtube.com/watch?v=2eAUcZn79HI
youtube.com/watch?v=o1Qkzj5bStU
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Little girls.

Dieselpunk worldbuilding, something that made Aviation anime of the past great.

Thanks for the new background!

Great idea

I just want another good macross series. But that's probably will never happen.

B E L K A
E
L
K
A

if they are not cute girls then there's no point

No borders.

Not WW2 Fighters

Buddies being still alive.

wch ww2 fighters wud u fuq?

This is close enough.

Setting about people living on a floating islands isolated from each other with WWI planes and airships being the only means of transportation.

I want this this and this

Stonehenge.

HIGHWAY TO THE DANGER ZONE

This piece of shit would have been good if the main character a deposed royal had legitimate ambitions to retake the throne and make use of the turmoil caused by the invaders.

i would! no little girls, No goddamnt Idols! EVEN NO FUCKING LOVE STORY! just fighter pilots doing their goddamnt job, i don't care if WW2,Vietnam,coldwar or modern.

>>>/shirobako/

youtube.com/watch?v=gZ7hDaRos-s

>little

I want something about modern jets in fiction world/post war world. Like war shinengans between private military corporations in world where AA completely rekt by new jet techs. Or crazy races in post war world where peopel build new shit from wrecks of modern jets and have some technology to wanstead highest G. Or shinengans on the planet with different gravity. Man, I'm artist and sometimes think this is literally $$$ idea floating in air. Wish I was a japanese artist with manga drawing and writing experience

Razgriz.

Wait a sec, wiki said he died in car crash

What this guy wants.

youtube.com/watch?v=Du6hCRkg-5Q
As long as it stays true to brevity and tech like this, I'm down.

Where is all manga about jets? I can't belive jet otaku are dead now

Flamenco music in the last episode.

they never watched Top Gun when they were children , and when they dubbed in their language it was already a old-crappy movie.

Crimson Skies + Ace Combat

Zeppelins, Biplanes, armored trains, Sky Pirates, mad science super weapons, it's a perfect fit.

AC 7 hype.

Shit talking over the radio, preferably with a mix of older and younger characters in equal skill.

>AC7
I forgot that was even a thing despite my anticipation.

I don't think so. A lot people draw jets and build model kits in 90th. Even now. But still no manga
>youtube.com/watch?v=O9kLbrO2vBI
>youtube.com/watch?v=B2DWSO_BL2Y

... well looks its time to drop the "Muh PC Masterrace" and pick up the PS4, and PSVR

Heavy Ice fucking when? Is Kamachi just waiting for AC7 to be released so he can get the most out of it?

After the 0-X Office spinoff.

There's some hope for 7 to come to PC.

I'm still holding out for PC HD remasters of the older games, especially 4, 5, and Zero.

Reminder that it has been over 25 years (OVER 9000 DAYS) since the last english translated chapter of area 88 was released

Infinite stuck on PS3 (when PS4 is thing) and still no HD remasters even after Assault Horizon success on PC. Chances are small

ACH was an exception for the series, not even F2P infinity came to PC.

>ACH
No such thing.
I wish at the least the ps2 games were emulator compatible.

AC4 is, sort of.

AC5 and 0 run fine on the latest PCSX2 dev builds with minmapping enabled

No it's not. Fuck off. Nanoha doesn't replace Gundam or Ace Combat, and it does nothing for people who don't need little girls to make everything better.

Is it? Always had collision detection flipping its shit, just like 5 and zero.
Got zero running via usb on an old ps2 with a busted dvd drive, but 4 and 5 skip cutscenes. 4 also crashes at mission start.

Trying them now.

Also be sure to enable align sprite and the wild arms offset in hacks

>don't need little girls to make everything better
Are you gay?

Reminder that the English translation of Ace Combat 3 Electrosphere from Project Nemo is out.

It is, at least for me. Bunker Shot is a bit touch-and-go, but it's all playable. This is all coming from a direct rip from the original DVD, though I don't know if that makes much of a difference.

Just Adapt AC3 into anime.

It's practically ghost in the shell + Eva, but with planes.

I understand the appeal of emulating and playing it for free, but why not just fork up the $50 for a used PS2? add the trilogy of 4 5 and 0 and you get hours of nostalgia for about $100 and never worry about it again. Plus think of all the other games you can soothe your nostalgia boner with.

Cute aces mass murdering hordes of helpless, faceless pilots.

Most of us don't have room for a CRT TV, old systems look like dog shit on LCD.

I think he's 24+ years old who don't like your cancer. Anime/manga about planes are too rare for this shit

Because my PS2 died years ago, and the AC4 disk itself is still good. I have no compunctions playing a game that I paid for on a system (even if it is a computer) that I paid for.

It's like you don't even want it to sell
There's probably a reason there's no hardcore military otaku anime

>old systems look like dog shit on LCD

Fair enough, but that never mattered to me. I like how hassle free it is to just have the PS2 hooked up.

You can sell it in manga. Manga audience is not pure cancer

If you have a good PC you can get the emulator to run the game at a much higher resolution which makes everything crisper

Indeed, no more missiles going through planes and flying through the terrain in 5/zero.
Still have some oddities with terrain textures, will fiddle with it a bit until it works.
Turns out I may or may not have been using a horribly outdated version.
Thanks, user.

Yukikaze mixed with macross and gundam.

no

/thread

Strike Witches spin-off about normal pilots dying horribly holding the line against Neuroi.

>Crimson Skies + Ace Combat
You are my greatest nigga.

youtube.com/watch?v=2eAUcZn79HI

What are some good plane anime?

Little girls piloting jets, or jets as little girls?
Or little girls piloting little jet girls?

JETS
DOING
AERIAL
JOUSTING

No one wins though

Unless they transform like in Macross

>No one wins though

you certainly have no faith in japanese steel folded over 1000 times

Student pilot here, wondering this too

yukikaze

>Student pilot here
How many hours?

Still on my diapers (learning about aerodynamics, control surfaces, air law, weather and all that shit). I start flying in March or April. Gonna learn on a Grob G-115A and a Piper Seneca PA-34

sage for blogshit

>high resolution
>whatever controller you want
>no messing around with discs or any extra space taken up

JUST MAKE AN ACE COMBAT 5 ANIME ALREADY

IT'S LITERALLY ALL THERE

THE CHARACTERS ARE ANIME AS FUCK
THE MISSION STRUCTURE TO EPISODES IS PERFECT
THE STORY AND TWISTS ARE GREAT

>Grob G-115A
EU shit, DansGame
Good luck user. I don't know what the future holds for pilots, but at least in the U.S. the industry is doing well.

>episode for Aces
>opening credits replaced by the form-up at the start, OP replaced by The Journey Home

>>>/twitch/

This pic looks cool, can't wait to get to 5, I just started on Electrosphere the other day now that the translation is done

5 is my favorite.

youtube.com/watch?v=o1Qkzj5bStU

Now thats what I call defeating the purpose

Get your autistic robots out of here, you manchild. Mechs that look like they were designed by 6 year old boys have no place here.

imagine an anime about a REFORGER exercise that suddenly got very real

NATO vs WP air forces doing some crazy fights over the meatgrinder of Central Europe

I am salivating

For being the "unsung war" there sure is a lot of singing.

Go dance with the angels, mister.

The complete area 88 manga story, since we're never getting a translated manga.

under no circumstances: little girls.

>Each episode is someone reading a flight check list for a different aircraft in monotone

Grob's a good plane. Low wing, not high wing nonsense like a cessna.

Already do, if John Magee is to be believed.

Ahahaha. Oh, my sweet summer child. Take aircraft statics and dynamics at university and then get back to me on that opinion.

Ground effect is what makes it so good! Ya gotta have skill!

I would want them to acknowledge AI fighter pilots.

"Trevor, Wizard 0-3, negative contact, request bogey dope."

> the son of a pioneer of helicopter work in my country.
>good both as a Engineer and a Pilot.
>ATPL(H) and have already 2300h, experienced as external cargo pilot.
>My father expectations and my Company needs ended up making a Young Boy forget about social life, Love life, and cling to anime as the only salvation.
>Hated by many, have to struggle into one of the most corrupt Business, Literally Had to punch a office man who tried to hide my Licence one day just to ensure that could stay on the ground for some months.
>at least i can kiss daily my cute BHT407.

>always wanted to be Military pilot.

i'm totally am a pussy that had it easy all my life, but hell, i really Wanted this? i should had tried to become a Military Jet pilot and told my father that Helicopter weren't my thing.

I can even picture a setting too - REFORGER 2020, Japanese forces are invited for large scale combined arms exercises - air, army, intel, etc.

Say some japanese intel officer witness American and Russian colonels conspiring to start World War III, tries to stop it, and fails - bam, brutal air to air combat with F22s dueling PAK-FAs, F15 and F16s dancing with Su-27s and MiG-29s, Warthogs and Frogfoots plinking tanks, the works

aidorus, of course!

I want a Freyja for christmas.

>F22s murdering PAK-FAs
Fixed