Coloradans of all political persuasions welcome

Dear Sup Forums
My girlfriend and I are looking into moving to Colorado Springs, CO to raise a family.
Is this a meme state?
Is it worth it?
I'm aware that Colorado Springs is politically and socially conservative, but what else should I know about it? Are there better locales?

We're from western North Carolina, and we both like southern culture, political conservatism, libertarianism, mountains, guns, hiking, etc.

We want to live in a place where we can make enough money to buy land and then become relatively self-sustaining with solar panels and greenhouses, etc. We value community as well (churches and so forth).

One significantly non-political(?) concern we have is the eruption of Yellowstone.

Boulder and Denver are liberal cesspools. However, do to an influx of Californians and other shithead libs the state is leaning more and more left and will soon be voting in the same destructive leftist policies. Go to citydata.com or google colorado springs crime rate.

It seems beautiful, open, and free-- but I'm sure Sup Forums can list what's wrong with it?

>moving to Colorado
move to a real state you fucking faggot.
only trash lives there.

Thanks! Looks like it has worse crime than Asheville, NC. Is that because of Denver fags?

>not a real state
Explain

You’ll fit right in buds. I unlike the poor fags own my home so I benefit from people moving here. Live south of Denver if you want some semblance of excitement and avoid the blacks and Mexicans. Lone tree, highlands ranch, castle rock, Parker are all good. Stay away from Aurora

You haven’t looked into CS real estate prices. I can tell. You might get land north or south, but it’s a mountain valley. Only so much space, so it’s not cheap. My sister paid a fortune for a 3 bed house.
Thank Zeus you’re not from California. Faggots have ruined half the state and want to tell everyone how great California is. CS isn’t that conservative, it’s right next to manitou springs, and you’d have to experience it for yourself.

I used to live in the Mountain Shadows neighborhood, maybe 2 miles away from Garden of the Gods in your pic.

Colorado Springs is the most boring, bland city I have ever been in. The average education level is probably 9th grade, seriously. Two military bases ensure that tons of brown trash is out and about the town. City government is ultra-conservative, so no good radio stations exist and public transit shuts down around 9 pm nightly. There is no downtown night life to speak of. Tons of homeless live in tens around all the bike and jogging trails. Let's see. Yeah thats about it.

>blacks
>Mexicans
Can they be mostly avoided by avoiding Denver?

How bad is the spillover from NM, really?

...Wyoming?

Colorado springs is beautiful and cheaper then Denver, but it kinda sucks. It's run down and crime is pretty high.

>"Is this a meme state?"
>"It's a meme country"
>"It's a meme hurr hurr..."

Honestly, what isn't a meme? Everything is a meme. And for fuck's sake, user, if you can't do what you feel without seeking Sup Forums's approval then you need to re-evaluate your life.

Is it hard to get a job in Colorado/Colorado Springs?

I just graduated with a business degree in Chicago and I cannot get a fucking job for the life of me

Do not move to Castle Rock lmao. You will end up working in Colorado Springs or Denver and spend your life in a car on I-25.

Its very easy to get a job in Colorado Springs. Getting a good job without an active security clearance is considerably more difficult.

Fucking damn. That's a real place... Looks like Narnia or something.

Nice picture OP

nah you just wanna come here for the weed. like all the other hobos I see on every intersection now.

>do what you feel
knowledge > feelings
I've never lived in CO, but I assume there are Coloradans here with honest opinions. I see now that I had a skewed understanding of CS.

Seems like affordable, safe, and interesting places to raise a family are a thing of the past...

>Its very easy to get a job in Colorado Springs. Getting a good job without an active security clearance is considerably more difficult.

So it's easy to get low-tier jobs like in retail/food service but hard to get a good government job?

Is that what you're saying?

Move to Monument or West Side. Downtown is beutiful but there are nigs and Mexicans everywhere.

Also heads up the weather is bipolar and awful here. An entire week you could see rain, snow storm, 90mph winds, and a then a hot day. Its insane

Living in South Denver now. Been here for just a few months. It's pretty meh tbqh. The mountains are beautiful but that's about it.

awesome. Diversity.

Damn that looks comfy

Expensive and high crime... Wish I was born in the 19th century sometimes.

Move to Pueblo, about 30 mins south of the springs instead. It's DIRT CHEAP there. Nice houses from as low as 70k. Lotta crime in some parts though. Mostly because of the steel mill getting shut down. Lots of Mexicans, but mostly the republican been there for 50 years kind.