/pol I need advice.

>26
>Male
>Live at home
>Have a car
>no job
>no gf
>no friends
>Just moved to NY with family last year from Overseas (military), left gf and friends behind
>living off money I saved up from 5 yrs of working (2010-2016) (70k)
>paying for school with the same money I saved.

>parents always wanted me to go to college, finally doing it.
>started community college (cheaper) and realize I cant remember any Maths
>Want to have a job in the STEM field.. (comp engineering/science)
>Was never great at Math in High School
>love computers

>3 semesters in, passing everything, but feel like most classes are a joke (easy), haven't actually started any classes to do with computers yet as I had to catch up with maths and do the prereq bullshit

>however I still feel like a failure, as I am 26 and JUST started college, and at home. No friends, or gf. (bad at making friends)

>most HS friends have families now, and are 3yrs into careers.
what should I do.. fuck..

stay in STEM? trade? what would you do?

((they)) want you to feel like a failure. Do what you want because you want to, not because of the shekels. Everyone is different, we all live different lives and have been through different shit. Stop comparing yourself to others and get the fuck off fagbook and twatter. I know you use them

>>adv

good call. totally forgot that existed.

I almost felt sorry for you until I realized you were in the military. Fuck you. Hope you fail

dad was. not me

Prior Navy here, get into IT and more specifically Cyber-Security... No need for fucking (((college))) and the pay and security in the job market is a no brained. Good luck.

thanks for the advice. ive been looking into cyber security

>started community college (cheaper) and realize I cant remember any Maths

>community college

There's your problem. You're wasting your time in a no name college, and that's why the classes are bullshit. Chance are you aren't learning shit.

My advice, if you have self discipline, teach yourself to program. There are tons of resources online. Web dev is the hot thing today if you want the quickest, easiest path to a job, although I would recommend you branch out after.

Programming is one of the last industries that you can break into without a degree. And you don't need to know math.

If you do insist on a college path, you need to get to a decent school. Community college may be cheap, and arguably you could do your pre-reqs there, but the quality of education is significantly lower than it is at a real school, and name recognition is probably the most important aspect of a college degree.

An hero with the rope my friend.

Only solution, if you are over the age of 25 exiting STEM you are considered an abject failure.

kill yourself

ok

>stem
>jobs

still hard to get

Take that money and ball out dummy. Buy stocks or drugs or start a business. Go live ur life nigger

Going to college was a mistake

it's like a boy who rides a bmx deciding to add training wheels

should have used your money not eaten it

If you follow the herd (study/work at making money for someone else) you will be fleeced, son.
If you have £10,000 you can go into business by Monday morning.
How can you ever get anything for yourself if you are busy all week dancing on a string for someone else?
DO NOT BORROW MONEY. Save it.

This, just do accounting or something that every business needs.

If an economic crash happens stem jobs are the first to go.

Both jobs are the first to go when the economy tanks. Only very in demand fields and government jobs are "safe"

Im almost in the same situation but have a few friends and a gf but broke af.Im going for veterinary science and am wondering if I should go through or do sometbing else at the same time so I have a back up plan.How can I get in the IT field or cyber security

gi bill is 100% tuition plus living stipend. something doesn't add up

im not a vet.

I was overseas with my family

It's a meme. If there were jobs, they would import cheap foreigners to do them.

>Accountants
>Not needed

Do you even know how a business works?
Accountants are required by law and in order to manage cashflows, when there is a recession both of those are of most importance.

Just stop paying that student loan. The kikes made a bad bet. Let them live with it.

>nigger that can't into hs math
>valuable in post post economy scenario

good luck op

not paying any loans.

Teach yourself how to code, Javascript or some other web development or testing or QA

any advice on sites for learning?

>Do you even know how a business works?
I do. There isn't much business during a bad economy. So less transactions to be recorded.
What the fuck are you talking about?

wtf are you even good for

I fucked off for 5 years after highschool before going back to college. I graduated when I was 29. Bachelor of Science. I wish I would have started earlier or did a trade , but I'm still glad I did it.

Fuck all those people that have families and project their make believe happy perfect lives on social media. The fact that you know what you want to do and are taking the steps required to get there should be enough. Literally 99% of the people won't notice you're 26. I'm 21 at at CC and feel the same way though.

I hope you don't have all the money you're saving just sitting in a (((savings))) account.

What are you doing now career wise?

Omg crybaby faggot no one cares. Go get counselling.

Based on what you are saying i think going into coding is the best alternative for you right know. If you dont like math there is no point to go into engineering or other stems

I'm in my middle 30s and am now back in school. Better late than never, heh.

Why don't you see if you can sign up for OCS? You can get your Comp Sci, plus classical humanities, no debt, have a good career, not tip of the spear and it's in your families wheel house / life you are used to?

Stem isn't for white men anymore. Sorry, we aren't allowed.

>no job
>have a car

no you don't.

With the money you have saved up go to trade school, like electrician. Go be an electrician somewhere and get experience. Then work towards running your own business. Might even be able to find a crew that flips houses.
Like Shia lebouf said, just fucking do it

is it hard to get into?

OP just do your best and do what you want on your own timeline. Nobody cares that you're 26 and graduating. Quit focusing on what other people did and start focusing on what you want you want and what you're going to do.

First off, don't worry about your age. People have gotten started later than you and been just fine. You're trying to improve yourself, that's what matters. Don't compare yourself to your friends from HS, their lives aren't necessarily better or less stressful than yours.

Getting a job is more about who you know, not necessarily what you know. Keep your grades high and network like hell. Apply for internships, volunteer to help at job fairs, stuff like that. You'll be fine.

Find a niche in IT, get foot in door, dedicate as much of your spare time as you can to improving skills, go into consultancy. I went from unqualified NEET to self employed 1%er in 5 years that way.

Municipal water management. I do lab type work as well as walking trails to do quality checks. It's a pretty good job I'd say

>So less transactions to be recorded.

Accountants are more than just bookkeepers silly.

>>however I still feel like a failure, as I am 26 and JUST started college, and at home
26 means you have a ton of life experience that your classmates simply don't have. As a TA, my students in their mid-20s to mid-30s are by far the best students.
Study hard, transfer to a university, study harder. Take some management courses, too, you don't want to be stuck competing against the Pajeet Mafia in some web company.

very good advice.

I have manager experience as well in my old job. so might help

I am in Financial and Managerial rn. I have nothing against accounting, just don't expect the job market to be good if the economy to go down the toliet.

You have 1 life. Do what the fuck you want to do with it.
Keep in mind we're living in the tail ends of an Age of Decadence and Abundance, there may come a great culling or depression soon.

EVERYONE is going to tell you what to do, how to do it, where you should go, who you should be around. Every motherfucker out there is going to try and influence you to some degree once you ask their opinion.
All with a grain of salt lad. What's good or rings to your thumping meat pump is what you should take in, disregard everything else. There is too much bullshit and not enough time.

This all being said, I believe you'd make an amazing Power Windmill Farm Mechanic. Work 2 weeks a year for $140,000. Plenty of travel.

how2into without degree?
dump it pls

Genuinely do what you'd enjoy in stem. No shame in going to college later.

>figure out what you want to do in stem (currently trying to get chemical engineering)
>see where you can transfer after graduation

Also, budget what you can