There was a time when SHAFT was considered a top tier studio

>there was a time when SHAFT was considered a top tier studio
Kinda funny thinking about it now.

Other urls found in this thread:

sakugabooru.com/post/show/26275
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>posting their old logo

I stopped checking for SHAFT shows because it was most likely to do something with the Gatari series.

Their Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei adaptation was great and a fantastic mixture between their style, original's style and a lack of budget. Everything else seems to be too one-note.

They got shafted

Reminder.

Of what?

reminder to report all threads that violate global rule 10

3gatsu is AOTS, so I think that still holds true.

3gatsu is a shit adaption.
AOTS is once again Natsume.

AOTS is Hibike 2. It handles drama better, it handles comfy better, It has better soundtrack and better animation, as well as better art. Better characterization and character development. 3flopsu no ratings doesn't hold a candle to it.

>using a word that describes kyoani

>drama
it was literally a small misunderstanding

autism is not good characterization

This
Maybe 3gatsu would have had a chance if a competent studio did it

I can give you better animation and art because KyoAni, but none of the other categories are correct.

Sangatsu hasn't sold 80000 BDs therefore it's a complete flop. Haven't you heard?

>AOTS is Hibike 2.
wow what a terrible season

Inane teenage misunderstandings are hardly "drama" worth caring about, especially when they're taken seriously and without irony like in Hibike.
Hibike has a better adaption, but the 3gatsu manga is one of the best character drama around.

tbf there hasn't been an AOTS with great sales in two decades.

Have you only watched the first 4 episodes?

is there a time when they're not
based shaft

>Teenage misunderstandings

I don't think Abusive mothers, dead wives, and controlling parents are teenage misunderstandings

After hours of nothing, they crammed all the crap in the last 5 episodes?
Jesus Christ, what a trainwreck.

I like how you critizise the show but it's clear you haven't even seen it. Most of the conflicts that are being resolved now were foreshadowed in S1. It doesn't feel crammed at all.

>I like how you critizise the show but it's clear you haven't even seen it
The irony is off the charts.

have you never watched a kyoani show?

I dropped at the end of the horrendous first arc.
And no, none of those storylines you mentioned had any development in season 1. Expecting all of them to had accomplished something meaninful in just a handful of episodes is ridiculous.
Chances are, they're mediocre like the rest, and you are easily impressed as long as something has the Kyoani name on it.

So you didn't watch S1 either?

>Kizu flopped
>3gatsu flopped

Bankruptcy when?

What part of meaningful development you didn't understand?
Nothing of value regarding those themes was accomplished in season 1.

>Most of the conflicts that are being resolved now were foreshadowed in S1

And Haruka's self esteem issues as well as Reina's fixation with Taki had been established since S1.

Something being foreshadowed has no bearing on how heavy themes like grief and abusive families are dealt with, in mere few episodes.
To bring up 3gatsu again, similar things are touched upon, and the manga is 12 volumes long and probably not even halfway done.
Complex issues require time to be addressed properly, you can't just cram them in the second half of a second season after wasting hours on irrelevant teenage bullshit.

>Complex issues require time to be addressed properly

Either that or Umino is just padding the plot because it sells well, let's not kid ourselves, I read the manga too and it isn't groundbreaking in how it handles its themes. If movies can touch upon those themes masterfully in mere hours, so can TV shows, and Hibike is one of those. Again, you haven't watched it so you can't really comment or criticize it without looking like a complete idiot.

That he has severe ASD

Padding the plot? Where? There is simply a lot of stuff to deal with, so much that even important plotlines have been put on hold for some volumes already, and all needs the proper time to develop.
And the writing and characterization are so superior to Hibike, that the comparison is pointless.

>And the writing and characterization are so superior to Hibike, that the comparison is pointless.
SHAFT is doing a really bad job at proving you right.

Good thing we're talking about the manga then.

entry level shitposting newfag

The thing is Sangatsu won't sell even 800BDs while having that shitty viewership.

3-gatsu no lion? Are you talking about that series that is so faithful to the manga is literally tells you what chapter of the manga it's on? The one where the character designs are identical? One of the only fucking anime dramas that actually doesn't rely on inner monologues all the damn time and actually uses things likes the visuals to show emotions? That shaft series that is completely non "Shaft-like" except for a HANDFUL of short quick cuts, but otherwise tends to hold LONG shots of REALISTIC environments? That anime that doesn't fuck around with romance and waifu-baiting for once? Is that the anime you're talking about?

I don't know if Hibike is better or not, I think they are of comparable quality, but only the biggest retard would say it's a bad adaptation. It is completely faithful to the tone and story. Are some of the more artistic shots what's bothering you? Do we hate Ping Pong the animation now too? Fuck off you filthy salesfag. One of the best anime of the year, Rakugo, had shit sales too, but shitposting wasn't directed towards because it wasn't by Shaft.

>jojofag

I'm not even reading whatever you wrote, probably not worth my time.

>thread about anime studios
>talking about manga
You should be comparing adaptations and Hibikek's adaptation is a lot better than 3-Gatsu. I didn't read after the first colume of 3-Gatsu but even that wasn't handled properly in the anime. Meanwhile book 1 of Hibike Eupho was translated to screen perfectly.

>using a reaction image from a series means you're a (blank)fag

Go back to your containment thread, cancer. You are not allowed to leave there you fucking animal.

I just keep up with the JoJo anime and think it's pretty good, so you can't classify me as a jojofag. I don't even read the manga. You petty fucks just want to change the subject. I'm totally right about Sangatsu being a good adaptation

trolled hard

Why does 3-gatsu get so much shitposting when it's a good series? Sad!

I haven't seen nor read the show you're speaking about, nor do I care for studio shitflinginBecause thats what Sup Forums and Sup Forums would be doing but you've made a very good case for yourself, and the people shitposting in response are too buttflustered to actually argue against it.

Wow it's like I'm really on Sup Forums.

If you followed the discussion you would know why the manga was brought up.
The anime adaption is godawful, I dropped it after a few episodes because I couldn't stand seeing 3gatsu raped like that.

Exactly. I least expect Sup Forums to be better Sup Forums but I'm often let down

My problem with sangatsu is how they jump from drama to comedy, it builds up tension only to blueball me with comfy/comedy bits with the girls which aren't even that entertaining to begin with. In fact I think the only arc that didn't do this was the bullying one, and is pretty much the best part of the manga. The show is being adapted faithfully I guess but I can't stand all the SHAFtisms like poses or "dramatic" head turns.

I'm watching nearly 20 shows this season that I like for different reasons and if one is 'muh aots' it doesn't make the others shit by contrast. that's your brokebrains speaking.

Why are Sup Forumsnons hellbent on forcing their own knockoff version of console wars? Are you seriously that fucked in the head? you have so little validation for your empty life that you have to latch onto an anime studio?

>The anime adaption is godawful, I dropped it after a few episodes because I couldn't stand seeing 3gatsu raped like that.
Elaborate
>inb4 "ew it's basically Sangatari no Lion after Shaft shitted it up" even though it's completely different in style from Shaft's usual works

>One of the only fucking anime dramas that actually doesn't rely on inner monologues all the damn time and actually uses things likes the visuals to show emotions

The majority of the show is inner-monologue

Weak, really weak

>inb4 "wahhh tumblr filename" how dare you download the wrong google image result

>The majority of the show is inner-monologue
Kei only chimes in to advance the plot every once in a while or maybe for some straight man comedy. Nothing like "OH WOW I CAN'T MY BELIEVE MY FOSTER SISTER IS HERE I FEEL UNEASY" for serious moments. You don't know what you're talking about. The show often has no dialogue at all for minutes on end

Sangatsu's tone changes match mood changes in real life

>tumblr

kill yourself

>"OH WOW I CAN'T MY BELIEVE MY FOSTER SISTER IS HERE I FEEL UNEASY"
When is this ever done outside of a comedy? Even something like Oregairu avoids that.
>The show often has no dialogue at all for minutes on end
Which the vast majority of still has commentary; obviously a show where much of it is centred on recollection won't have dialogue.

Not him, but it's not that diferent from other SHAFT shows I've seen.

Sure the backgrounds aren't cheap looking garbage like in their bakeshit series, but like I said here all the character 'quirks' are still there, turned down a bit, but still there. I don't know how word it properly; I'm not English speaker, but a quick, specific example that comes to mind is how Rei and Kyouko put on their clothes. These slow motions, robotic motions, like they're being self aware of the camera.

sakugabooru.com/post/show/26275

I get what you mean but 3-gatsu doesn't really do it realistically enough for me to buy it. The comedy bits are too over the top some times. Besides, mimicking real life doesn't make it good.

sangatsu is aoty, you are cancer and pleb if you disagree

(You)