So this will be like harry potter without the politics and with sexy characters right?

So this will be like harry potter without the politics and with sexy characters right?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=E_mmvL4DlmY
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

HP already had a sexy character
Sexier than all the LWA girls put together

Politics?

Luna wasn't an integral part of the plot though.

Hemoroid wasn't sexy at all, specially with her bitchy attitude and inferiority complex.

She was literally an anime character. That zero no tsukaima girl copied her to a T

People claim Harry Potter is a warning against racism and racism. They use it as Tumblr and Twitter call tags to arms against current political affairs. That and hunger games and other young adults tripe.

>bitchy attitude and inferiority complex.

You forget Toradora is the most popular romance anime in this board

Louise was a shitty witch though.

Akko is such a boring character, her friends are much better.

I want to hatefuck that bitch on the right.

Someone finally recognizes best girl.

I hope there are going to be more cute character designs.

She got uglier in the later movies.

It will have a smart, cute Finnish redhead, it's going to be amazing.

>doesn't continue from the OVA's
>doesn't continue from the manga
>wasting precious time reintroducing the characters when we could have just instantly started from after the second OVA

For what fucking purpose?

Good thing she's perfect in the books and your imagination.

International/casual appeal

They want normal people to watch it.

>normal people watching an anime about little girls doing witchcraft

I want the "we want the widest audience possible" bullshit to die already. It's killing my books, games, anime, and everything else. Just focus on your goddamn niche, tell people to fuck off if they want it made more casual, and move on with your life.

>bullshit
From their point of view wanting more money is not bullshit, every industry is always trying to appeal to as many people as possible.
Why focus on a niche when you can make millions instead?
And I wouldnt worry too much, there will always be people doing niche stuff in every medium.

>focus on the niche
>surely that is a financially responsible option!

You are the cancer killing anime.

>normal people watching an anime about little girls doing witchcraft
Yeah, it's not like the op referenced one of the most popular books/movie series of all time about a little boy doing witchcraft.

She still acted pretty cute she was objectively more useful in the brief screentime she had with Harry and she didn't have an overall character or personality shift. She also as an actress didn't use her movie acclaim to shove and misappropriate in politics.

>Why focus on a niche when you can make millions instead?

Because if no one did, you'd be left with nothing but Naruto and Call of Duty. The fact remains is that a bunch of people make niche (and super niche) products and just call it a day instead of trying to "appeal to a wider audience".

Forgive me for wanting stuff to actually have its own defined niche. Heck, all they have to do here is throw in a "go watch the OVA's to catch up" note at the start and roll from there.

You are overreacting and LWA was always very casual

Hunger Games is specifically a story of a battle against fascism. Not a good one, but that's still the entire plot of the fucking series.
Harry Potter is just good wizards vs bad wizards.
The only people who insist on politics are the ones who are butt-blasted that Rowling is very active on Twitter calling for acceptance and caring of all people.

I thought Hunger Games was just a modern day Rome for the most part. You have a big empire run by the emperor, and they hold bloodsports as a way of keeping the masses in check (either through entertainment or fear).

No doubt about that, but rebooting the show is going to mean a good 4-6 episodes are wasted setting up the characters' personalities.

>The only people who insist on politics are the ones who are butt-blasted that Rowling is very active on Twitter calling for acceptance and caring of all people.
To be fair, the bad wizards are attempting wizard genocide and seeking a weapon used by wizard Hitler.

J k Rowling and Emma Watson are deeply involved in gender and race identity politics. And they shoehorn it into their careers and profession all the time. Harry Potter is inherently politcally charged. Hermione now being suddenly black is an example of this.

Niche is way more profitable than normalfag anime

>Hermione now being suddenly black is an example of this.

wat

>4-6 episodes are wasted setting up the characters' personalities.
Oh no, more time with new cute girls doing cute witch things.

No it isnt

Hunger game is laughably about the ruling elite majority oppressing and exploiting the rural minority. And people using as a call to arm against the electoral colleges and for the popular vote (California) is even more affable.

Nigga I want the story to progress, not retread the same info that was shown in the OVA's and ultimately waste time.

Rowling said she never confirmed if Hermoine was white/black/etc on Twitter (the books never mention her skin color I believe).

A stage production cast a black actress and racist fucktards haven't stopped throwing a temper tantrum about it, especially after Rowling spoke up and gave the casting her blessing.
It's just a pathetic "REEEEE! SJW DUBYA IN MUH WIZARD BOOKS!"

Hermione is now black. Deal with it.

>the books never mention her skin color I believe).
One passage in one book mentions her "white face" peering out from around a tree in the woods. Mostly just scared, but that it does mention her face was white made the racist chucklefucks throw a tantrum.

You act like rehasing things between OVAs and series is something new to anime. It's super common.

>sexy
they're children..

Theyre drawings...

Their voices are adults right?

um........

Not all of them

>Hermione is now black
Literally what the fuck
What excuse do they have now when malfoy unironically calls her a filthy mudblood

Mudblood refers to the fact that she comes from muggle parents, not a pure wizard lineage.

Women actually think they can fix the world if racism went away or stupid shit like that
Its fascinating as it is sad how stupid they are

This is Hermione now.

Best girl by far. She better have some grand return in the anime.

Rowling got on board with the 'diversity for diversity's sake' and tried to claim that she'd never said she was white...except when she did in the books, and her cover art, and her casting choice in the movies.

Thankfully that abomination of a story won't be getting any followups. It's not even a Harry Potter story aside from having the same names.

I know, but it's still a racist term in real life. Or rather it used to be.

'kay

I wish shiny chariot was my teacher.

>called LITTLE Witch Academia
>the girls are not little
I'm angry.

Would you watch a movie about kindergarten witches?

i forgot this was a lwa thread

I most certainly would.

>literally Ryuko Matoi with a different haircut

All the reason I need to watch this

I would too. Let's both wish upon the first star we see tonight and see what they announce for production next year.

Ryuuko didn't have sick dance moves.

>I want the "we want the widest audience possible" bullshit to die already.
Uh, you do know how businesses work, right? Especially media businesses?

She can learn

Because alienating a significant portion of your potential audience by asking them to find some old OVAs and watch them before the show is fucking stupid no matter who you ask. The only sensible way to do it would be to edit the OVAs into episodes and air them first. Which would be an actual waste of time since we'd be stuck waiting weeks for anything resembling new material.

And honestly, I'm more interested in LWA TV precisely because it's not a sequel. The first film was great, but it was a really tight story that did what it had to do and made its point with precision. It wasn't something that needed more and as a result, the second film comes across as an awkward, unnecessary addition. By reworking ideas from the two films into a new story, they can make it work more cohesively and naturally together in support of whatever further narrative they intend to go with for the TV series.

She was an author self insert.

Good take down on Hunger games (movie). It's so stupidly in your face.

youtube.com/watch?v=E_mmvL4DlmY

Will Diana still want to fuck shotas?

No, she wants to fuck Akko.

DROPPED

>Top 10 most anticipated anime of Winter 2017
>LWA is nowhere to be found

Trigger better not do their usual faggotry to fuck this up and make a fucking good anime for once.

What's their usual faggotry?

>Top 10 most anticipated anime of Winter 2017
Whose top 10 most anticipated anime?

The problem isn't that a black actor was cast to play Hermione in a stage production where color-blind casting (i.e. actors of any race can play characters of any race) was practiced as usual on stage, the problem is that instead of explaining that fact that many people probably don't know, Rowling decided to try to pander to her SJW constituency by basically saying "lol I never said she wasn't black *wink;)*". This despite the books explicitly describing her as a pasty light brunette, showing that she was willing to shit on her supposedly (by her fans) detailed and intricately constructed universe for the sake of PC inclusivity fee fee points.

>end of Gurren (same team)
>Nia disappears in the last episode

>end of KLK
>Senketsu disappears in the last episode

>end of Luluco
>Nova disappears in the last episode

Plus all the "ironically terrible" animation they like to make.

Both LWA's were good though, so hopefully this is avoided.

Couple this with the movies not preserving characters portrayed as black that were previously casted with black extras when the character actually developed a speaking role.

It's not like HP is a work of art anyway. It's essentially an Isekai anime. Rowling pretty much just wants to milk it as a movie franchise now.

One of these was Ron's love interests in the last couple movies right?

>Plus all the "ironically terrible" animation they like to make.

I tend to think everything Trigger does is "ironically terrible". It's like shitposting in anime form.

At some point, I wonder when the appeal of something being shit on purpose wears off and we realise they are just terrible.

Sounds like you have an issue with Imaishi then, not Trigger.

It's a pretty hamfisted metaphor, you're crazy to deny it.

Is this yuri?

what's not to love?

>Plus all the "ironically terrible" animation they like to make.

>Both LWA's were good though, so hopefully this is avoided.

Yeah, pretty much that there was what I was referring.

Wildly inconsistent animation aka horribly low tier disgusting garbage animation thrown in wherever they so please.

They tend to try way too hard and go over the top with pacing and story ending up with rushed messes all over the place too.

Seriously, they have some great ideas but their execution sucks.

LWA has actually been really good and I really want them tohave done it justice.

The happenings in Harry Potter is so loose that you can use it as a metaphor of anything. The reason why it's so charged nowadays in race identity is because Emma Watson continues to use her Hermione persona to soapstand her ideology to impressionable girls and jk Rowling reactively uses her narrative to virtue signal.

It's on ANN. A Japanese survey of some kind.

it will be a massive disappointment like everything else Trigger has done up to this point

How is "an evil dictator Wizard who thinks mixed-blood Wizards are impure and taint the pure superior Wizard bloodline is trying to come to power and oppress and genocide the poor Wizard minorities" at all loose and not as in-your-face as you can be? Almost all the serious non-romantic shit between the Wizards ends up being about Wizard bigotry and bloodline purity and Wizard discrimination, do you have a reading comprehension level even below the intended audience?

I hope my wife is a major character

I always tried to do that with pencils as a kid, and always fucked it up.

Also, are you married to voice actress, does Amanda look like your wife, or do you mean wife like "waifu"?

It is hardly the same "team" when Yoshinari wasn't much more than a KA for any of those shows and the series composer has never worked with them before.

> all they have to do here is throw in a "go watch the OVA's to catch up" note at the start and roll from there.
Where do you expect western buyfag plebs to get a copy of the first one?

It will be harry potter with Sup Forumslutants' kind of politics.

Trigger will want this show to go on toonami and stuff. As long as the intros are quick, I dont think they'll be episodes long.

Make magic great again?
Drain the witch's swamp?

You know what we say about the taste of Japs.

Diana is the type of witch who lures little boys to her home so they can eat her

I heard the MC will get a boyfriend, is this true?

It's bad when they don't agree with me and good when they do?

Slytherin wins?