Has there ever been another manga/anime/LN that was ended because the writer became a criminal?

Has there ever been another manga/anime/LN that was ended because the writer became a criminal?

For those not familiar, Log Horizon was ended because the writer got hit for tax evasion

Other urls found in this thread:

animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-04-27/log-horizon-author-mamare-touno-found-guilty-of-tax-evasion/.101506
ncode.syosetu.com/n8725k/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Should have gone to prison for plot evasion.

Cant believe that faggot posted here and even got a sticky full of hipsters fellating him

SAO >>>>> log horizon, Kawahara not only is a better writer but also pays his taxes

I thought it wasn't ended? Author wasn't actually given any jail time as I recall.

Dude just takes forever to write. Always has.

Log Horizon and SAO are two very different genres even if they fall into similar plot settings

Log Horizon falls more into the "Into the Game" theme where SAO falls more into "Consequences" and "Misery" (death game) themes.
They both use "Stuck in a game" plot setting to achieve those.

Of course Log Horizon does get pretty boring though.

>better writer
>Two years worth of semen made a glopping noise as it flowed endlessly into Asuna.

There was confusion on whether his agent and publishing company paid taxes or if he paid taxes. He assumed and later resolved it. Just a normal audit blown out of proportion. The real crime is the children in his light novel taking so many goddamn chapters for remedial nonsense.

>write book
>70 pages in do a 2 year time skip instead of world building
LH isn't the best but at least the worldbuilding is a fun read.

Not that I'm defending the trashy series and its author, but isn't 16.5 written by somebody else and the author just included it because he found it amazing?

Holy shit, I didn't know the LNs were on amazon. Are we not getting any more then?

No, he wrote it and then cut it out of the final version.

They are being officially translated. But it's a slough to read through because the pacing is terrible.

IIRC it was really by him, just under a pen name. If that wasn't enough he also wrote other chapters like 16.6, 16.7 and so on although I think they weren't R-rated.

>Log Horizon was ended

Marmalade is still writing LH.

Dunno, last JP one came out in 2015 so it'll be a while before the english ones even catch up.

I wouldn't doubt if he had serious legal shit with his publisher causing delays though.

He can always kickstart season 3

>because he found it amazing
>he
You know you mean yourself.

There's also replays being published of the ttrpg. They're alright. I wish I had chill people to log horizon with.

Situation is fine for the author, currently under home arrest and taxes payed
Might even go back to Web novel days now that his name is tainted tho

Oh I see. He's still shit though.

I find the entirety of Isuzu and Rundelhaus's relationship more appealing than 16.5.

He is still writing chapters I believe. I just pray that Marmalade manages to finish the series. Nothing irks me more than an unfinished story, I'm looking at you, Tanigawa.

I would log your horizon if you know what I mean, user.

>SAO being better than fucking anything

For some reason actual sao fans roams these boards

Only if you roll a guardian. Everyone always tries to roll a summoner.

Wait, are you talking about a pen and paper rpg? Because that sounds fun.

You don't know what the shit you're talking about.

Yeah they released a ttrpg book to play log horizon. It's uses interesting aggro mechanics that make it feel like raiding but with dice.

Yeah, its a good one at that

Disgusting rabid SAO underagedb& in this thread.

Damn, that's cool. I'd play that, although I'm still a novice with pen and paper. Where could I find the book? Or is it not translated.

Thorn bind hostage on your eyes

I thought we stopped with this meme already.

It didn't end, the writer is not a criminal.

Fuck off already

Just look up archived threads from /tg/ they have loads of material.

It's a literal meme by SAOfagsThey do it all the time

Thanks man.

No probs mang, hope your ttrpg days go well.

>The court sentenced Touno to 10 months in prison, although the sentence is suspended for three years so he will not serve time if he remains on good behavior. The court also levied his rights management company m2ladeJAM with a 7 million yen (about US$63,000) fine.

>"The Tokyo Regional Taxation Bureau notified me about the investigation on my tax reports, and I cooperated with their investigation. I have filed and paid my back taxes and completed the necessary paperwork, and so the Bureau has concluded their investigation."
animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-04-27/log-horizon-author-mamare-touno-found-guilty-of-tax-evasion/.101506

will never get a 2nd season, just when it was heating up

As much as I love toi8 I like Akira's designs more.

He needs to finish writing the series first, S2 ended on what was currently an unpublished novel during the airing.

Is the system translated?

Wait shit I'm retarded ignore this post

>Implying its not ironic shitposting because the author got arrested

Then again Log Horizon is really mediocre and the only reason it has dick riders is because SAO triggered them for one reason or another

The author of toriko got arrested for being a pedo.

>For some reason
It's because the culture of modern Sup Forums encourages newfags with no taste to watch fotm shit and call everything they haven't seen "trash" because "WELL THAT'S WHAT YOU DO ON Sup Forums THAT'S WHAT THE BOARD CULTURE IS"

>Has there ever been another manga/anime/LN that was ended because the writer became a criminal?
But it's still going user.

Not at all.

He was arrested because he paid for prostitution, the age of the girl had nothing to do with it, she was legal.

I wish people would just read about the stuff they talk about but Sup Forums is no worse than reddit or normiebook so whatever

Criminals don't stop doing their thing because the law says so. That is why they are called criminals. Marmalade is still doing his thing, and no amount of liberal law-making will stop him!

If you seriously think Log Horizon is any better than SAO, then you're absolutely fucking braindead. They're both irredeemable trash. The only reason Log Horizon has a better reputation here is because the faggot who writes it came into Sup Forums with his broken English.

Do you guys remember these?

I do.

That is because I made them.

Ain't the aliens on Antarctica?

>because he came to Sup Forums
But that's wrong, LH was hyped even before he started asking some questions in here when the show started.

So is there any new translations on the West Wind Brigade manga?

>If you seriously think Apples is any better than Oranges, then you're absolutely fucking braindead.

screw DEEN
I enjoyed season 1 so much more than season 2

I don't remember. I lost track of what we were doing with the map after I handed off the materials to everyone else.

All I remember is that there was a city in Poland called Kurwa.

Last thing I ever did was try and build a map of Philadelphia for the North American Server.

Fuck off newfag

That's hilarious

Back in the day, a show like SAO would never be able to be discussed here. It would get imagespammed/saged to oblivion, with people telling them to gb2 gaia. Out of all the chans I frequent, Sup Forums is the only one that has regular threads for series like SAO, Raildex, Re:Zero, DanMachi, etc. Sup Forums also happens to be the most popular board, so take that as you will.

most popular board my ass you fucking nigger

>The Nutshack opening but instead of nutshack is the google translate reader narrating the chapter 16.5 of SAO's LN

>The horns were fake
the moment I dropped this shit.

SAO was less interesting since the premise was, everyone knew how to escape and was working towards it. Log Horizon nobody knows if they can get back to real life, so most people are focused on creating a new life for themself in a new world.

Really Log Horizon is less "trapped in a video game" and more of an isekai.

>最終話掲載日 2016年 12月13日 20時00分
Volume 12 is still in writing

>tfw you want to write an LN because the SAO author got away with it.
>tfw you don't know the first step to getting an LN published.

Just

Kaiji anime stopped because the composer got arrested with weed or something like that

Shit wrong thread, just ignore this

Let's do this.
Make your character.

oh hi there Sup Forumstard.

Yes! grate nyanderful :)

Sup Forums is even slower than Sup Forums or Sup Forums

first step is be japanese

>He can always kickstart season 3
Each episode of a standard anime costs in the region of 150 grand, Kickstarters are mainly just used for promotion for projects of this scale

There are western equivalents, like all those pulp and YA novels.

>Kaiji anime stopped because the composer got arrested with weed or something like that
That doesnt help the prospects of a S3 or anything, but S2 was only made in the first place to shill the live action movie, and neither were a big enough hit to make a compelling case for more

The first step is to put in some effort and actually write it you shitty NEET.

Reminder that .Hack is better

Either plate armor + sword cleric or Magic swordman Sorcerer

.hack//SIGN is an entirely different genre

But doesn't the tax evasion just validate his points in the LN more? I mean controling economics is a plot point of LH so author scheming with his own money just proofs that he knows what he is writing about. Glasses villain of the real Japan.

Those don't make dick though. You're lucky to crack even 20k a year in income even if your book is a hit.
Unless you mean shit like Hunger Games which is all a fucking dice roll anyway with how much of the same shit is out there.

>I mean controling economics is a plot point of LH so author scheming with his own money
It was a fucking retarded scheme thats more likely to invalidate his opinion on finance. He didnt pay his taxes, the government reminded him, then he didnt pay them again

You just described the LN market

It was just a stupid misunderstanding caused by him thinking his taxes were already being taken out by the publisher and then he didn't repay them in time and got slapped by a fine.

If it was some scam then he chose the stupidest and most easy to get caught method of evading taxes in existence.

>the writer got hit for tax evasion

I guess that explains why nothing has been released this year, but that could reasonably be explained as dealing with court bullshit.

I can't find any conclusive confirmation that the novel has permanently been shelved. Did he say that anywhere or are people just speculating?

Did they ever finish translating that LH tabletop?
I want to play that

Anons blowing shit out of proportion again. He got slapped with a heavy fine and technically got sentenced to jail time which he won't have to actually serve as long as he's a good boy and doesn't get into any more trouble. The series isn't canned, he just takes forever to put out new material.

Marielle best girl.

>Sup Forums, Sup Forums, Sup Forums
>Less popular than Sup Forums
It's in the top 5

Agreed, but to be fair a lot of the girls in log horizon are pretty bad.

They were cute

Your loss user ya missed an intelligent show

What was the name of that hentai artist that got arrested for tracing CP?
I remember it being a pretty big deal on Sup Forums years ago.

The anime ended because there was no more material to adapt at the time.
The incident probably hurt the chances of a season 3, but it's by no means the reason it stopped.

The novels are still going, and he literally released a new chapter of book 12 on syosetu less than a week ago: ncode.syosetu.com/n8725k/