Jap moving to 19th century Paris

>Jap moving to 19th century Paris
>her hometown will be nuked in her lifetime
How the fuck am I supposed to feel comfy while watching this?

Drink coffee and eat cheese while watching

>no new chapters since 2011
why live

>Jap moving to 19th century Paris
>Paris will be liberated by krauts in her lifetime
How the fuck am I supposed to feel comfy while watching this?

The nukes happened forty five years after the century ended. She was probably already dead by then.
On the plus side she got to see the Chinks utterly rekt.

>some of these girls might've ended up dying of radistion sickness, being raped by G.I.'s, starving to death, or being burned alive by firebombing
Really took a damper to the show.

Everyone who lives around WW1-2 is fucked anyways, except if you're a murican, maybe, but then there's still the great depression.

It was a good comfy show

santa...

>her hometown will be nuked in her lifetime
But user, Yume already died together with Alice in the street right after they get off the train and lost.

Not sure when exactly it takes place, but it's the 'late' 19th century, so I guess 1870s at the earliest. She's probably anywhere from her 60s to her 80s whenever the bombs drop.

By feeling patriotic.
They deserved it.

Japan should've stayed like its WWI self then and not false flag and start shit across Asia then.

>Moving to Paris in the 19th Century.
So she's going to watch France get wrecked by the great Bismarck and the glorious Prussian, then in WWI and WWII.

>radistion sickness
Dumbass. They're from Tokyo.
They all died in firebombing.

The manga was (somehow) worse, anyway.

some of them could've moved in the decade and a half between the events of the show and WW2

In which case I think she would more than likely be dead.

How do I read this?

If you were born a male between 1901-1910 on average you would live to 48.5 but if you were 15 during that time perioud your life expectancy would be 62.3.

I assume it is split up like this because until the 20th century infant mortality rates were ridiculously high and as such distort any flat life expectancy statistics which you can clearly see in the discrepancy between the at birth and at age 15 stats until around 1950.

She will realize that the moment the Japs touched European/American clay, they were doomed.

First you choose a gender, which in this case should be female. Adfter that you choose a certain time, say 1901-1910. It says that life expectancy at birth is 52.4 years for females. What you see next is that the expected length of life increases with the already lived age of the person. This is because the statistics are most likely built on other statistics, such as the rate of infant death, the average age of death among other things. A 15-year old is no longer statistically affected by the high rate of death among infants, which has been prevalent through the majority of history. Age 45 cuts off those who died between the ages of 16-44, perhaps due to disease which medicine was poorly equipped to handle in the 1900-1910's, death by accident among other things. What you see here is that the difference in expected age of 65-year olds in 1900-1910 and 2000-2002 is a mere 7 years. This could perhaps mean that modern medicine has not increased how long we live for as much as commonly thought, but instead stopped us from dying early. This, however, is just speculation and irrelevant in this case.

If she was born before 1900 (living in the late 1800's) and her age is below 15 years old at the time, it means her life expectancy without any additional information regarding her health, reports of illness or death in her immediate family and other things, is less than 65.1 years (the trend is that the further back you go, the lower the life expectancy is, so it's relatively safe to assume this trend is consistent before the 1900's). This means that at first glance, it is quite unlikely she will live to see the nuking.

Good news anons.

She dies of syphilis in 1912 and never sees the horrors of the great wars.

it could have been worse.

>good news
>she dies

Just fap to it

It's the comfiest anime ever user.

>This could perhaps mean that modern medicine has not increased how long we live for as much as commonly thought, but instead stopped us from dying early.
This is most likely the case, in fact it appears at least according to studies of many species that for the most part longevity is decided mostly by genes after accounting for other causes of premature expiration. In fact a recent (semi-controversial*) study pegged the maximum age that people can live to at about 115 years of age ( that number may be a bit off, I'm paraphrasing from memory). We see a similar pattern in mortality in several species we have studied to understand aging, from zebrafish to very long lived species such as giant turtles. I recall reading some articles that posited that having a set period of life is actually likely an evolved trait that is useful to a population, if not an individual, and likely isn't something that can be countered just by treating symptoms and preventing outward causes of disease. To really increase our life spans it would seem we need to have a much more complete understanding of genes, genetics, and all that before we can even hope to do much more than artificially extend lifespans with end of life care or cause less people to die early with preventative medicine.

* Since it was based on the current maximum age and did not extrapolate for potential medical breakthroughs some criticized it for painting a misleading picture of the future, though to my knowledge it does seem to be a good rule of thumb.

This show was cute!

>when we find out shes actually 13

>Hey guys! I just thought of a way to ruin this heartful slice-of-life!

Wasn't she from Tokyo?
They just get burned alive if I recall correctly, like the mother of that guy from grave of the fireflies.

Also pretty sure she dies young so she wouldn't get to know it anyway.

Thus, I deny tomorrow.

no one raped her. what was the point of taking her to france or whatever?

Yeah, they firebombed Tokyo, nuked Hiroshima and Nagasaki (though they were going to nuke kokura till the last minute).

Since all the buildings there were old construction and basically 100% wood, the city burned like a gasoline soaked rag creating a giant firestorm. Got so big and hot that it created air currents that sucked more and more oxygen into it till the point where it was hot enough to melt steel in some parts of the conflagration. All in all they dropped 1660 tonnes of explosives on Tokyo in a small number of major bombing runs. Killed and injured more than both nukes if I recall correctly.

Well, that's what they get for picking a fight with the wrong motherfuckers.
thoroughly deserved it.

No she was from Nagasaki.

Why is Alice so shit? She ruined the whole episode!