It's a christmas episode

>it's a christmas episode
>none are even christians

I've been celebrating Christmas for 30 years now in an atheist family.
I don't see the problem.

>Christmas has been reduced to a consumerist holiday
RIP yule

Blame Coca Cola

>yfw They celebrate the shit out of Christmas in Arab malls. They like giving presents to each other around this time.
>yfw European cities decide not to celebrate as not to offend those people.

Isn't it a celebration of the winter solstice?

reeee

I'll get you someday Coca Cola

>A celebration of winter solstice
It is. Christmas is just the Christians compromise with the pagans feasts at the time.
The christmas tree was originally oak, but was changed to evergreen because of its triangular shape as to represent the holy trinity.
I can't exactly remember when the idea of gift giving was implemented, but I'm fairly certain that was during the early 19th century.

Funny how some things mix up when years pass by.

I'd like to add that the 25th of December shifted away from the winter solstice due to calendar reform.

>implying most people that celebrate christmas are christian

Christmas is about dating, baka gaijin

jesus is literally the worst thing about christmas after the music

>implying Christmas is a religious holiday

Now that I don't work in retail anymore, I like the music again.

Christmas is about fapping your waifu

Paganism is a religion of sorts.

You talking shit about Christmas music, son?

> people having fun
> how can you have fun, you don't belong to that specific group of people

It should be a New Year episode.

Most people who celebrate Christmas aren't pagans.

According to the readings of of my divining bones, they are though.

>it's a Christmas episode
>they actually try to shoehorn some bullshit about Jesus/religion in

>its a shitty cartel bait thread where the op pretends to be ignorant of japanese ways

>they're not catholics

What do you do when the next crusade comes?

>not watching Anime with cute christian girls

Catholics aren't the only Christians in the world, though. In fact, it's only Jehovah's Witnesses for the most part who don't celebrate Christmas.

Dumb Umiposter
Christmas is for KFC

>it's a halloween episode
>none are even gaelic pagans

You don't need to be pagan for free candy and pranks.

>it's a Pancake Tuesday episode
>none are even pancakes

Why do you need to be Christian to receive gifts and have a feast?

>christmas
>not Kurisumasu

do you even anime op?

>it's a christmas episode
>celebrate it like a muslim

>Christmas
>Part of a religion
Kek

Yeah, from everything I've read, Jesus would have been born in the spring (assuming there was a real person).

>assuming there was a real person
There was. Those Roman records don't lie.

>Santa is an christian tradition
Woah there user

Dumb atheist poster.

The church changed Winter Solistice to Christmas.

Taiga is catholic

Christmas is like a dozen european winter holidays and traditions rolled into one with the excuse of Jesus's birthday slapped on top to make it more Christian friendly when trying to convert non-believers.

There are also dozens of different Santa's throughout history depending on the region with the modern iconic image of the bearded jolly old fat man being something popularized by coca cola decades ago that spread everywhere due to global marketing.

>Implying Christmas is about god and not about the fucking toys and shit.

So how are Hatchimals involved with Christmas?

Grinch please go

who fucking cares?

I've never seen them though

What is there to life without such joys?

>It's a Christmas Episode
>Santa actually shows up and does stuff

Who gives a shit about christans

You shouldn't fuck toys, user.

t. Alberto Barbosa

>Jesus
>not objectively best Christmas boy
Absolute shit taste

No shit.
There's a huge difference between Joulupukki and Saint Nicholas for one.

but reputable historians have, and they've studied them. Jesus is a historical figure.

Christmas it´s a consumerist party unrelated with Jesus.
I hate all those useless ideas of fake happiness, trees and lights because "it´s Christmas", i expect millennials kill Christmas in the generation

The Yule Cat is the best santa.

Reputable historians have also reduced Xerxes' army with which he attacked Greece to a smaller number than the defending Greeks.
Reputable historians have perpetuated the myth that during the middle ages science was taboo.
Reputable historians haven't marked down my birth as a historic event.

>Reputable historians have also reduced Xerxes' army with which he attacked Greece to a smaller number than the defending Greeks.
I'm not familiar with ancient Greece so I don't follow what point you're trying to make

>Reputable historians have perpetuated the myth that during the middle ages science was taboo.
Name one please

>Reputable historians haven't marked down my birth as a historic event.
That's a good thing user, your life is worthless

>halloween episode

Is that even a thing in anime?

That's a big pussy.

>Reputable historians have perpetuated the myth that during the middle ages science was taboo.
Except no reputable historian would support that view in any way, that's bullshit perpetrated by popular culture and general ignorance. The same people that think Columbus was the first man to ever think the world was round.

>Reputable historians haven't marked down my birth as a historic event.
Why would they?

It flips the script, that pussy eats you.

I agree, heathen supremacy!!!!!!!!!

>fake happiness

>none are even christians
It's all right, Kirei will evangelize Japan

You have to admit, jesus is the greates imaginari friend on this universe. there have been countless wars and shit just because of him.

The Roman census, which is the only reason Mary and Joseph are in Bethlehem is fucking bullshit though.

Also, I like cute Christmas girls doing cute Christmas things, regardless of religion.

I thought Halloween was only an excuse for cosplay lewds and inspiring hentai, like a beach episode but slightly less shit.

>dad is dead
>dads parents are dead
>no brothers or sisters
>I'm not married or dating
>my grandfather from mothers side is a child molester so I dont want to spend christams with him and my grandmother
>just me and my mom eating christmas dinner together every year

Christmas just makes me more depressed about my life. Wish I could be a 2D girl with a big happy family.

Okay, since we are talking about Jesus here. Can I ask the Christians here a question? Is Jesus a man who was fathered (in the way that men father children) by god, or was he an aspect of god fragmented from him. Because it really doesn't make sense to me that an omnipotent god could have a son with a child of man the normal way and end up with a human child, and just creating another man like he created Adam doesn't make sense either given the disregard God seemed to show for many of his creations throughout time.

>The Roman census, which is the only reason Mary and Joseph are in Bethlehem is fucking bullshit though.
Apparently their was a prophecy that the messiah would be born in Bethlehem so the church some hundreds of years later had to think of a way for Jesus to be born there rather than his home in Nazareth. A lot of events in Jesus' life are either exaggerated, hard to prove or outright lies made centuries after he died. The only thing historians can agree on was that he existed, he was baptised and was crucified.

People went to war for Hitler, user. Just because you go to war for someone, doesn't make them great. Not arguing Jesus wasn't great, just saying maybe use a different argument.

> Religions are illogical and dumb.
More news at 11.

i celebrate christmas on the 7th of January.

AWW SHIT NIGGA!

Im from Saaremaa!

IIRC Mary herself wasn't any normal person. The immaculate conception doesn't refer to Mary becoming pregnant with Jesus but rather that Mary herself was specially made to be fit to carry the child of God. So instead of God just impregnating any woman he genetically engineered one then impregnated her.

That's about what I remember anyways.

>>none are even christians
But they're goyim so it's OK.

>Implying the festiveness that hangs around the holiday isn't mostly a facade

>implying christmas isn't the most wonderful time of the year.

I still consider it to be one, and hence I've always declined to take part in any Christmas events. Even if it's actually pagan as fuck as pointed out by that only makes it so much worse.

Oh I understand the whole "cheery holiday in the dead of winter" thing, and I begrudge no one of it, I just politely decline to participate in it.

I do love the lawn displays though. There's this one especially beautiful one I would always pass on my way home. I managed to flag down the homeowner as he was leaving to thank him for it.

We don't have the original Roman census records. All we have is a short passage by Josephus, which was probably further exaggerated by overzealous medieval scribes, that basically describes him as one of many self-proclaimed messiahs in Judea.

That's the catholic version. The orthodox replace original sin with death and consider mary normal because she died.

They also don't think miracles need to make any sense whatsoever.

As someone who doesn't celebrate it it honestly seems horrible. Everyone is stressed out and going crazy, kids throwing shitfits over some meme toy, just a really fucked up time.

I mean, maybe be nice year-round so you don't feel the need to do this horrific overcompensation trainwreck every winter?

That's why suicide rates are highest around Christmas. Everybody wants to die at a time where their last moments are happy.

I just love it so much, I'm wearing a christmas sweater right now.

I'm Jewish and I love christmas.

Because it means an uptrend in sales?

That's because you love getting gifts for free, right?

I felt the same way as a kid

Really? Why?

Do you celebrate it or do you just like mass insanity?

Or do you just like any excuse to get Chinese food?

Its a shame you can't enjoy the best part of christmas

What do you love about it, exactly? Just the general atmosphere? Or something more pragmatic?

I like getting things that make people smile, I like to bake, I love the cold weather and sitting inside by a warm fire. Getting to see my family I haven't seen all year. It's socially acceptable to drink all day as long as it is in nog/cider/coaco form.

>anything but roast turkey for Christmas dinner

>Is Jesus a man who was fathered (in the way that men father children) by god, or was he an aspect of god fragmented from him.
Jesus' conception was referred to as an immaculate conception, which basically means that Mary got preggers without having any sex. I think she was still a virgin when she became pregnant with him. God didn't appear in human form and fuck Mary if that's what you're asking. pregnancy was just sort of bestowed upon her.

>it really doesn't make sense to me that an omnipotent god could have a son with a child of man the normal way and end up with a human child
>it really doesn't make sense to me that an omnipotent god could [X]
So you're saying the god who made all creation, from the big bang to black holes, and suns, and galaxies, and organic particles, and water.

You're saying that gifting a baby would be beyond him?

>just creating another man like he created Adam doesn't make sense either given the disregard God seemed to show for many of his creations throughout time.
>disregard
explain further

Yeah, and free shit.
I eat that whenever I want.
You guys are fucking retards.

He's probably one of those "half-Jews" that celebrates Christmas.

Jews traditionally go out for Chinese food on Christmas, actually.

I thought that was just the marketing...

>I eat that whenever I want.
False Jew.
Nope it's great, I love it all.

>not both
>not enjoying the succulent taste of maple ham followed up by a slice of turkey breast bathed in gravy, with a side of stuffing and cheese filled mashed potatoes