youtube.com/watch?v=HO3qYFgKlqM
youtube.com/watch?v=UY-UG7ogXVM
youtube.com/watch?v=saNfeZ45jyw
youtube.com/watch?v=BSs7i9tGe20
youtube.com/watch?v=XpT7FUmGI9A
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Numb.

best romance

Like I'm about to waste a lot of time on mostly unfunny drama.

youtube.com/watch?v=98SXXjbuvuQ
That show had some solid OP/ED music.

comfy

but the forced drama was awful

One thing I don't understand is why these older shows are so beautiful. How come that with all that progress in technology stuff actually gets worse and not better?

100 episodes of misunderstandings with basic anime romance and good production values. I hated how they gradually lowered Kyouko's sex appeal though.

Because you are cheery picking shows with high budget.

Can you name a shitty show then so I could shatter my illusions?

Just got to a datebase site chose a random year from the decade you consider amazing and pick a few shows people never talk about. They will have mediocre narrative, characters, themes and, most likely, a low budget.

Mosepeda

She wasn't even hot

>100 episodes of misunderstandings
Dropped. Already had enough of that shit with KOR. Let alone all the other shows in the 30 years since.

The misunderstandings are not that bad since most of them get resolved in the same episode, the drama they cause isn't taken very seriously and they don't reset the romantic progress, for the most part anyway. The misunderstandings are mostly there for the comedic moments. But as a whole the show really isn't a worthwhile watch as it doesn't really excel at anything.

>wasn't even hot

Takahashi has said in the past that Kyoko's first appearance is what she really looks like, and that she just simplified her design afterwards due to the demands of putting out a new chapter every week of both UY and MI every week.

The misunderstandings in KOR also get resolved in their own episode. The problem is having misunderstandings at all. Its just filler to draw out the show from the obvious final relationship.

All that whore makeup makes her look pretty bad. And makes her look 20 years older than she is. It was a good idea to simplify her design.

You think Kyoko looks like a whore there?

In the manga image I quoted. Are you unable to understand context?

Nah 80s shows were usually better animated than today shows. Fact.

I understand that, I just d-don't think Kyoko looks like a whore there. I think she looks pretty. My older sister wears that kind of makeup all the time.

you're older sister is a whore

If you like heavy makeup girls, then sure I guess. But to me, it looks like an 80s prostitute.

It's immensely comfortable.

youtube.com/watch?v=J2rK2hCjxRQ

youtube.com/watch?v=9iwVuEpK0As

youtube.com/watch?v=rvjyefRLawE

youtube.com/watch?v=HO3qYFgKlqM

youtube.com/watch?v=UY-UG7ogXVM

youtube.com/watch?v=saNfeZ45jyw

youtube.com/watch?v=BSs7i9tGe20

One thing I can say about Maison Ikkoku is that the romance feels really genuine.

It's rare to see an MC have such an intense love for a girl. You can really feel Godai in this show.

How dare you say that...

Basically everything wrong with Kimagure Orange Road as well.

I knew what I was getting into when I started both series, which might be why it didn't bother me too much.
Plus, the KMO openings were god-tier.

Oh yeah, both the 2nd OP and the EDs were God tier but holy shit what a shitfest with the occasional jewel.

Well at least it makes for top tier future funk material
youtube.com/watch?v=XpT7FUmGI9A

Maison Ikkoku's romance is far more captivating than Kimagure Orange Road's.

I thought it was pretty annoying how the piyo bitch was so indecisive, but that was from reading the manga and it probably carries better to the anime(UY comes to mind).