Storytime: Yu-Gi-Oh! - Road to Darkside of Dimensions

Since there's a new YGO movie releasing next month here in the west, I thought it would be cool to dump the original manga which the movie is based off of. For those of you who only ever watched the anime, I highly recommend reading the manga as it's much darker and better written than the anime was imo. There's also none of the fillers you have to deal with. Since the movie is releasing on Jan 27, 2017, I will dump one volume a day leading up to its release.

Today we will start the School arc which is the first arc in the series. This arc tells the story of Yugi Muto solving the Millennium Puzzle and attempting to make new friends. Unbeknownst to Yugi; however, is a dark spirit residing in the puzzle who metes out justice to those who cross Yugi and his friends through events known as "Shadow Games."

It was already dumped like a month ago you can stop

Time for a blast in the past.

I checked the archives and from what I saw there was a guy who only dumped the first couple of volumes then stopped, so I might as well dump the whole thing anyways. There may be more people who have never read the manga too so this is good for them.

Man it feels going back this far

I am surprised the art still holds up.

Yep the early art is still pretty decent by today's standards. Thankfully it gets better over time.

This is the stuff before the card game, right?
When Yami was a legit king of all games, and played these insane bar games that ended with someone dying?

Cause that's the good shit.

Yeah this is the pre-card game stuff

On to chapter 2!

Chapter 3