Got Suspended from High-school For Anti-Immigration Presenation

I'm an 18 year old high-school senior before you scream "underage". Anyway we had to do a protect on a political philosophy and present opposing sides and then state our opinion. I chose the case of racial-immigration in the early 1900s. Because it was so specific the teacher was impressed before I presented. I presented the viewpoints of Madison Grant and Richard Von Coudenhove-Kalergi. Here's how it went down

>Presenting ideologies
>Present Madison Grant as a backwards racist by using SJW buzzwords
>Present Richard as an enlightened genius by saying things like "progressive", "modern", "ahead of his time"
>When it comes to where I give my opinion I said that I think Madison Grant is a hero and how Richard should have been gassed in world war 2
>Teacher shocked by my comment
>Sent to office
>Suspended for comment

I got an ok mark on everything but that, however my parents are PISSED I got suspended. Why is the world so intolerant of different ideas?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Morse_v._Frederick
youtube.com/watch?v=cmGEsTPrhwY
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>gassed
Yeah that's why you fucking idiot

That's what you get for using memeflags.

Call the aclu.

This has been tried before. Schools have the right to suspend for comments. Bullying is not protected by the first amendment.

You should sue. First Amendment bitch.

>Bullying is not protected by the first amendment.
Who did you bully? A dead guy?

lawyerfag here...what in the fuck are you talking about?

That was just an example. Schools are allowed to suspend you for words.

Supreme Court ruled that schools can suspend you for things you say and express.

This was a law precendant case when a school suspended a student for wearing a marijuana shirt. It went to the supreme court, the school won.

I don’t believe you. I gave an anti-migration speech in a politics class at an Ivy League school and literally nothing happened. I got an A too. Maybe your presentation sucked so much dick they kicked you out.

>Richard should have been gassed
Did you actually say "gassed"?
Sounds like you blew an opportunity to open a few minds, because you wanted to be a cringy edgelord teen. Real good job.

>high school
You need to \leave\

>uses meme flag
>memes IRL
>underage

Yep, all checks out

>Supreme Court ruled that schools can suspend you for things you say and express.
Which ruling was that?

this.

take the dye out of your hair and stop wearing emo band shirts.
Also stop vaping

This, OP is an impressionable fucking moron who spends too much time around here and has started to take the memes to real life.

Are you talking about this case?
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Morse_v._Frederick
>Morse v. Frederick, 551 U.S. 393 (2007), was a United States Supreme Court case in which the Court held, 5–4, that the First Amendment does not prevent educators from suppressing, at or across the street from a school-supervised event, student speech that is reasonably viewed as promoting illegal drug use.
That's a pretty narrow restriction on the First Amendment which would have nothing to do with your case.
What did you actually say?

This. You're a dumbass OP.

you basically did a troll job, you should've maintained an unbiased point of view from the get go, you're a child begging for attention.

You got set up to fail.
Classic bait and switch.

I think you have the facts mixed up. The case you may be referring to is Guiles v. Marineau, 461 F.3d 320 (2d. Cir. 2006). That case was decided by the Federal Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit, which is the level of courts directly below the Supreme Court. In the case, the student wore a t-shirt with a picture of George W. Bush’s face superimposed on the body of a chicken, next to a depiction of three lines of cocaine and a razor blade (see pic related). The Second Circuit ruled that the student WAS ALLOWED to wear the t-shirt under the First and Fourteenth Amendment. The school appealed to the Supreme Court, but the Supreme Court decided it would not hear the case (and by extension, decided it would not overturn the Second Circuit’s ruling). If wearing a shirt depicting cocaine and razorblades is protected under the constitution, then certainly wearing a shirt depicting a marijuana leaf would be protected.

The only other case you could be referring to is Bethel School District v. Fraser, 478 U.S. 675 (1986). The Supreme Court did decide against the student in that case, but I still don’t think the facts of that case resemble your situation that well. You were giving a serious presentation for a graded class that involved your analysis of a period in history, and you made a comment that the teacher perceived as offensive. That is a far cry from an ungraded speech at a school assembly in which the speech’s entire theme is built around sexual inneundos. The fact that the Guiles v. Marineau case (discussed above) was decided 20 years later than Bethel v. Fraser also helps you from a precedential standpoint.

Who told you what you said to me (that a Supreme Court case involving a marijuana shirt hurt your case)? Was it the school?

>Suspended for comment
Sue the school.

And now you know just how hard the Red Pill is to openly swallow.

no im refering to what the other guy said Morse v Frederick

Post the presentation!

Well that case was narrowly tailored to speech advocating illegal drug use, so the precedent wouldn't apply in your case.
What did you actually say? And what did the school tell you was the reason for your suspension?
You're evading all of these questions for some reason.

That was a very narrow holding that wouldn’t apply to your case. It dealt with students holding up a 14-foot banner bearing the phrase “BONG HiTS 4 JESUS,” and the Court’s reasoning is almost certainly limited to situations in which the school is preventing certain “speech that can reasonably be regarded as encouraging illegal drug use.” Once again, this is a far cry from giving a presentation in the classroom on a period in history (where the teacher’s explicit instructions were to “state your opinion”) in which the teacher took offense with something you said.

If you are serious about wanting to take a stand, you absolutely can, because preventing a student from expressing his opinion on a period in history (as part of an assignment that required him to state his opinion) is the kind of fact pattern that epitomizes free speech violation. Are you telling us the full story?

How can I post a speech, me answering a bunch of questions verbally, and a poster that's in the trash now if it wasn't recorded?

I told you. It was saying that the dude deserved to be gassed. I just wanted to point out free speech in schools is total bullshit. Kids get suspended for verbal bullying all the time and that is just words. A kid was suspended for yelling "fuck (name of school!)" last year. They can suspend based on issues like this.

Very good point actually I probably could sue. Issue is i don't have much money and my parents would never, they are mad at me for doing this and honestly probably am glad i am suspended for it.

everyone makes mistakes user. Don't use the word gassed around normies. Almost had it but freaked the normies at the end. Keep trying and no need to get too edgy.

Your parents sound like a bunch of faggots desu

I had a bad feeling about letting them think I supported Richard over Grant. I know i would have gotten a better mark but for some reason it was embarassing to let people think i was a pan-europeanist over Grant follower.

>I told you. It was saying that the dude deserved to be gassed.
First you said that you said "he should have been gassed". Now you say that you said "he deserved to be gassed". Both are way too edgy for me, but there's a difference in those statements, and I don't see why you should be suspended for saying that someone who is already dead should have been gassed or deserved to be gassed.
I asked you what the school administrators said as to why you were being suspended. I don't understand why you keep dodging questions.

Contact a local attorney. They will tell you if you can sue and win bucks. Attorneys usually work for free and take a % of your winnings.

I don't know exactly what I said. It was in the heat of the moment and the feeling I felt after doing it struck me like a lightning bolt it was like "holy shit i just said that". They said what I said was very inappropriate, didn't respect school values, was offensive, and first they called it racist but i told them " i didn't mean it in a racial way i just meant because of his ideas" and the vice principal said "well still it was very inappropriate and offensive".

You said it was a presentation, not some gay speech with a poster. You deserve to be suspended for making a shitty presentation.

Even this brony faggot did a better job than you:
youtube.com/watch?v=cmGEsTPrhwY

I also hope you get banned for being underage.

If not a LARP I’ll happily help pay legal fees

>shitty presentation
How was following the exact instructions of making a poster and a speech bad? By speech I meant doing exactly what the kid in that video did. You are stupid and im 18 years old.

Parents don't want me sueing.

>mommy and daddy say no
I thought you said you were 18, you doublenigger

So you were suspended for saying something "inappropriate and offensive"? That definitely seems like a First Amendment violation to me. "Inappropriate or offensive" speech is protected.

I still live in THEIR house, follow THEIR rules, use THEIR internet. If they decided to kick me out I'd be screwed.

Then how do bullys get suspended for bullying another student providing no contact was involved?

What the fuck does this have to do with bullying?

Schools these days are fucking retarded, today me and my b a s e d friends were going to go somewhere, and right before we got out of the building a teacher heard my friend joking saying that another friend had "guns" (as in arm muscle) and a retarded teacher brought both of them to the head principals office and got yelled at for it. This is also the same public school system that refuses to call students home about drugs found in their Poosseion. Makes a goy think...

Because it shows that the school can and does suspend you for freedom of speech. You can't say things the school finds inappropriate the same way you can't call another student a racial slur for example without getting suspended

Did you hide your power level? No? Then you have nobody to blame but yourself.

>kekifag
What is said in /pol, STAYS IN /POL. Not sure if you understand but the kikes are in charge of the education system. That's why you learn about the holocaust.

>Schools are allowed to suspend you for words
High schools, not colleges.
"Bong hits 4 Jesus should be legal" would have been allowable by Morse.

Fighting words aren't protected speech anyway if the fighting words doctrine still holds (debatable). But you shouldn't conflate one restriction on freedom of speech with another.

>If wearing a shirt depicting cocaine and razorblades is protected under the constitution, then certainly wearing a shirt depicting a marijuana leaf would be protected.
>"You should do cocaine."
Public high school can restrict this speech at school events and on school property.
>"Doing cocaine should be legal."
Cannot be restricted.

Why would you say Gassed? You had a great argument, all you had to do was say, “looking at the fruits of Kalegri’s ideals today, I can not only see WHY Grant would oppose them, but I also agree with them”

You made yourself look dumb instead

>It was in the heat of the moment
Always think before you speak, don't just blurt shit out.
But you do have the right to say whatever you want. The students have the right to treat you however they want as a result as long as it's not violent. But the school is a government entity, which should protect your right to say whatever you want. Unless you're bordering on hate speech, which I don't think you were, but I see how it could be taken as such. But don't expect to be liked for preaching unpopular ideas, understand you're gonna be alienated for that.

Teacher here, first amendment doesn't fully apply on K12 school grounds, since anything that can be labeled as disruptive to the learning environment can be grounds for suspension. Sorry, kid, try to be less obviously edgy in the future.

Yeah for curse words...

stop your whining.
I know a mexican that back in 1985 wrote a report for school showing Jews control everything.
then when he turned it in to hisvjewish teacher.
himvanvtwo friends were suddenly accused of rape.
people exposure ng Jewish shit have it fcking easy these days.

I regret it so much now. I could have potentially ruined my life considering i got decent grades and i think suspensions go on school records.

I heard about fighting words, why haven't David Duke and all those guys be charged?

That's not the case. American doesn't have hate speech laws however school admin can still suspend based on whatever you want

Have you ever done anything legal before? It's honestly not worth it. I mean if you have a job and can support yourself go for it.
>If they kick me out I'd be screwed.
Yeah don't do that, unless you have your own job, car, and somewhere to stay just listen to your parents.

>makes a Sup Forums presentation
>says that some kike should've been gassed
>underage
Dude you deserve it. Don't meme in real life. I bet your presentation deserved an "A", or whatever retarded grading system you use.
>"A-"
How you subtract from A is beyond me.

Stand by it. That's what I did and I turned out fine. Granted, this was pre-social media so my antics never got the attention of an army of SJWs.

>gassed
You spoke in polspeak IRL. You're a faggot who spends so much time here you can't control your conversations with real people. And you have a faggot meme flag. You're not too bright, are you?

Yeah i know that, im not arguing that. I'm saying it SHOULD apply to schools.

Stop whining no one cares about your friend who probably raped someone.

>school records
Uh, yeah buddy!

Alright bucko, don’t be so glum, let’s move foreward from this. What’s the next step in your master plan? (After HS)

hello jew

I'm 18 and I said Richard should have been killed he was a non-Jew

>using the word gassed
>checks flag

made me think

>gassed

Are you retarded that is why you got suspended not because you are anti immigrant.

The world outside of user boards and Sup Forums especially is not going to be so kind to shit like that. Go shout “GAS THE JEWS RACE WAR NOW!!” in the middle of a crowd and see how quickly people turn on your ass instead of talk about merchant memes or call you a goy.

Seriously you probly spend too much time on this board.

I was planning pre-law and then law school since im not smart enough for any other descent career path. I can't do math or science so that scratches business,tech, and medicine off and then whats left?

About 6 hours a day on school days. Sometimes 16 hours a day on weekends but mostly 12 hours a day when i don't have school.

>Presentation
oh its just OP

>he was a non-Jew
The Nazis certainly thought he was a Jew, and they sure knew their Jews.

If you say someone deserves to be killed for their ideas then no shit you'll get suspended, Jesus Christ this is Gen Z?

No they hated him since he was a pan-europeanist and because his wife was a Jew. He also had communist sympathies

lmao

>makes this post
>stop whining
>no you stop whining
aight.
Okay real talk though? Spend less time on Sup Forums if it's affecting your interactions irl.

Bump
When you're done with this thread, come fire your neurons and drop your redpills on zionism

Trades

There are jobs out there, you just have to really look, rail roads, heavy equipment, etc.

My advice to you would be to go to a CC, get your General we credits out of the way while also saving a good deal of money.
I made the mistake of going to college without a plan (freshman)
I’m transferring to a cc after this semester and cutting my losses

Is that your dick sucking schedule or preparing presentations for attention whoring schedule

Gassed? Gassed? Retarded man just so retarded. Folks might have actually listened to you until you said that.

>General we
General Ed, wtf?

Do not let them tell you that you are wrong.
persevere through, you are right mate we all agree with you.

If you don't think you're smart enough for business but for law then you're not smart enough for law. Get a sales job or something and maybe you can work your way up management, or a trade

I'm 18 if that counts as gen z.

Then what else am I suppose to do?

What's CC?

Schools are there to teach your ass. You go through 1-12 so you’re not a fucking idiot with math, history, science, etc. Not turn it into a debate hall.

Not about being wrong it's about being tactful. Believe the exact same shit he does if not more extreme doesn't mean I'm going to tell everyone.

Community College
I regret not doing it from the outstart, but oh well

community college

>You think I'm on house arrest for MY safety??

My dad is a lawyer so he pretty much told me a ton of law stuff growing up and I found it interesting. I'm also a good writer so I think it would work. You don't need to be smart to be a lawyer thats why so many people are going to law school.

d-did you just say what else am I supposed to do other than go on Sup Forums? I misunderstood right?

were you that guy who asked Shapiro for help?

also the best advice this board can give you is become 'pro-white' so you learn what a power level is and how to hide it.

Actually they are. Our school hosted debates semi-annually about different issues.

Oh i was thinking more an ivy league place. My dad went to Harvard so doesn't that give you a better chance if your dad went?

american high school is a brainwashing institution. literally just nod your head and follow their instructions until you leave, i dont know why you thought you could have your own political opinions in a fucking institution designed to influence your political opinions to what the state wants

I got nothing else to do. What else should i do? Sit around bored?

Why are you "Not smart enough" for other fields?

Fucking easy to hide your power level, even if I give small hints on my beliefs I am still liked because I am likeable.

but that is a problem cause lawyer market is flooded now

Why aren't you going to tell anyone? Because you are afraid?
If every man had that attitude we will never get over all of this bullshit because no one would band together.

>asked Shapiro for help
You mean the guy who is now called "facts man" in school by the jocks? Yeah that's me. That's what gave me confidence to do this, all the cool people call me "facts man" or "mr facts" after the debate with that girl since i cited my sources after every point and it sounded really intelligent.

>should have been gassed in world war 2
user
that was your problem

Yeah but im not smart enough for anything else