Kingdom Thread

Chapter 500 next week.

Let's take some time to make some predictions.

The new target being Zhao, it won't be a complete success because we know Han and Wei fell before Zhao in reality. So it will probably either a huge failure (with some death amongst the generals so a new spot opens) or just a minor victory with the targeted city being unable to be held on the long term.

The real Riboku ran away to Yan after a huge defeat leading Zhao troops but I doubt it will be that one.

Anyway, all I want at this point is less battles and Shin finally giving the D to Ten.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Li_Xin_(Qin)
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Kanki dies in this arc. It's obvious because it fits history And he got a figure for the tenth birthday of Kingdom. Only he, completely randomly.

Kanki, the real one, didn't die. He blundered and make the emperor extremely angry. Kanki ran for his life and was never seen again.

So yeah, he will probably do something atrocious and ultimatly pointless this time and Sei won't forgive him, "killing" the character literally or virtually. We need those Great Generals slots.

Really ? Nobody read that fine manga ?

Never too be seen again? Yeah he's going to die.

Its one of those low-key liked but not discussed manga. Good threads pop up rarely but history has spoiled the story and generally not alot happens per week.

so, no chapter this week?

Actually he did die, he ran off to Yan after fucking up against Riboku and the Yan king killed him and sent his head to Sei with an assassin. However I'm not sure if it will happen in this war or the next one against Zhao

It's good but it never gets many threads. We had a pretty big one a couple of months ago tho.

>but history has spoiled the story
thank god I'm uneducated

Yeah, no chapter.

Also I thought it was Riboku who ran to Yan after Zhao.

It used to get pretty long threads months (or maybe years) ago.

It's a nice story though. Of course it takes liberties toward History (Shin never existed) but it manage to have a classic battle manga growth in historic setting on really long term, it manages to age the character naturally and some of them are really great.

Battles tends to be too long and officers are waaaaay beyond the limits of regular humans, troops can't "surf" on ennemy armies and having ALL soldiers in armor (except qin) is stupid but you can accept this as just being a narrative tool (like character getting bigger with charisma).

Also the love triangle is nice but now Shin is 22, it should be time to resolve it.

This is why people don't come to Kingdom threads, because history fags can't shut the fuck up and stop spoiling the series for everyone else.

Fuck off

>Shin never existed

Retard

> love triangle
If you want romance go read shojo manga or fuck off. Nobody cares about romance, Sup Forums is annoying about muh waifu and muh OTP, worthless otaku.

No Riboku was the one that made Kanki ran off, he himself will fall before the conquest of Zhao

honestly it's gotten stale
you can have the best built cookie cutter shounen ever, but if you don't shake things up every once in a while things get boring after 10 years of the same shit.
especially since, this being historical, they can't really have enemies with weird magical powers, and the fights aren't particularly well coreagraphated.

it's not bad, it's just kinda forgettable

We just had Rou Ai's rebellion and now we're about to see an all out invasion of Qin's most hated rival state, with Wang Jian and Li Mu as the clashing commanders. How is this not shaking things up?

>Shin never existed
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Li_Xin_(Qin)

Shin so far as nothing to do with Li Xin, the author may have paired him with Shin, the character so far is purely fictionnal.

honestly? aside from the rebellion (which involved characters nobody really cared about) it's just same shit, different names.
just rarely impressive strategies followed by commanders killing a bunch of grunts followed by mediocre duels.
it was hype some 300 chapters ago i think.
the fact that we already know a bit of what's going to happen due to history doesn't help

Once Shin become a general (probably after next arc) the author has to bring something else.

I'd like to see something unexpected. Maybe greek characters from the West ? After all, Chu is so big it might be in contact with other civilisations (they had indian elephants already).

>the fall of ryofui
>characters nobody really cared about
heh

well Yotanwa and her merry lot is joining in so maybe they'll bring a wind of change in this
i'm just really skeptical is all

Mountain tribes are victims from the start, they always help and gets nothing in return. They'll end tragically but probably because Shi Huangdi will betray them.

The author HAS to know he needs something else than just another siege war with Yotanwa. The conquest has to start for real and they need something real bad happening.

As for new characters and new power-levels, european characters could be nice or even a trip to Mongolia, Korea or Japan.

btw, could someone recommend a manga similar to Kingdom ? With cute character like Ten too if possible.

try historie
it's by the guy who did parasyte, setting is ancient history

Yeah I tried it but it's a bit too serious for me. I miss characters like Ten.

Same thing with Bokko

Storytelling is much drier and samefaces, but Sangokushi is a faithful adaptation of Romance of the Three Kingdoms, which focuses on political and military struggles like Kingdom.

If you're looking for something more flavorful, try Shokoku no Altair or Gunka no Baltzar.

>Sangokushi
Looks... old.

>Shokoku no Altair
> 87 chapters
> Gunka no Baltzar
> 41 chapters
hmm...

I think I'd better re-read Vinland Saga

>predictions
>it's history manga
jeeee a wonder

History don't give that much details, the mangaka can pretty much do whatever he wants as long as he doesn't kill some people too soon and respect who wins what big battles.

You can try to predict at which point Sei is gonna become a huge paranoid dick.

Shame this manga doesn't seem to get much attention on here. Especially since it's one of the best selling ones in Japan.

On that note, because of Kingdom I've found myself reading Ravages of Time. What a good fucking series. I wish it the translations weren't so slow and the quality of the scans weren't so horrible sometimes.

>wanting weird magical powers
>in kingdom
jee Bunshins and God Summoners are enough, there's no need to ruin such a good manga with shonenshit powers

Just a guess but maybe it's after all the assassination attempts

It is old. But don't judge a book by its cover yadda yadda yadda. The basic story behind Romance of the Three Kingdoms is still highly entertaining.

>Ravages of Time
What about this one ?

user you're mixing up Kanki with the guy from the rebellion arc.

While it does have plenty of action, a lot of it is scheming and politics since the MC is Sima Yi. Much more than Kingdom has.

>kingdom thread
>someone complains its slow
>someone says the manga isn't really talked about/there isn't much to talk
Literally every time.

Just like everyone else then? Ouki is literally pure fictional aside from dying at Bayou. Stop trying to back pedal retard.

Nah m8 I'm pretty sure it was Kanki that defected to Yan

Any romance or cute characters ?

It's true though, I mean do you expect an Ippo thread without PUNCH HARDER?

If only Hox would work on Ravages.

Stop being stupid, I'm going by the literal raw names. The guy who offers his head is the idiot who had his son killed.

>Ippo
Man I get PTSD from reading the entire manga. Twice.

Also good, but better to understand the original story before reading the spinoff/re-interpretation.

You read it wrong it's not Kanki that offers his own head, the king of Yan sends Kanki's head to Sei to disguise an assassination attempt

Not really. Aside from Sima Yi's wife, there aren't really that many females with a prominent role. There is a pretty trap with a nice story arc, but it's pretty depressing once his story reaches it's end.

This too. If you know nothing about the Romance of The Three Kingdoms, then the story will be confusing as fuck.

explain

his fingers are probably bigger than an average chinese dick

Still doesn't explain the fourth woman.

>tfw Ten was about to get fucked by him when she was his hostage

Good things she had plot armor to protect her vagina.

It's more about size. The wei dragon must have realise physics wouldn't work here.

I realise I read this manga mostly for the female characters...

i agree they wouldn't fit in this and it's better for this not to have them, i'm just saying that not having them gives the author less tool to make every fight seem less like the exact same thing with minor changes and between different faces

there's like a dozen of them, only 2 get screentime

Eh... the style is too different, I barely recognize them. And I like Kou and You too. Even Riboku's girl is fine.

That's why we need europeans. Imagine fighting a greek phalange or a roman legion.

best girl

>Even Riboku's girl is fine.
Obviously, considering she is best girl.

from left to right it's Ou Ki's waifu, Kaine, Ten, Kyoukai, Yotanwa and no clue who the last one is

i wonder if she's stll trying to get Ten to defect
i guess not since Qin isn't getting its shit kicked in anymore

Do you think she is a virgin?

KAINE ?

How can one man be so glorious

>glorious
Aside from unification of china there wasn't anything glorious about him. He was a huge asshole and he deserved the stupid death he got.

>aside from unificating the biggest country on earth while putting end to a whole fucking era that lasted for five centuries
wew what a loser

That doesn't matter you dumb nigger. Read the raw names, Kanki has NOTHING TO DO WITH IT. That's it, finished. You EOPs need to fuck off with your shit headcanon.

>hated by everyone
>forced labor in inhumane conditions everywhere
>huge asshole
>burning books and executing scholars cuz he wanted to be immortal and they weren't helping
>cruelty that was questioned even by his son and heir
>dies because he drank mercury thinking it would make him immortal
Thats a grade A terrible human being in my book.

Last one is archer fag who is sword fag's butt buddy.

Shi Huangdi was more than just an emperor, he unified China on many things, money, scale, cultures, etc... Making it finally possible for China to act (and defend itself) as a country. Hé started the work on the Great Wall and his mausoleum is one of the craziest human creation of all Time, the terracotta army being only the visible part

Now I don't even know what you're talking about lad. Nothing to do with what?

>>burning books and executing scholars cuz he wanted to be immortal and they weren't helping

You're just making shit up at this point. Burning books and killing scholars was because at the time there were 100 schools of thought, therefore 99 competed with legalism which was what Qin wanted to install nationally to unite the people. There wasn't any way to realistically convince all 99 schools and the people in them to say "yeah let's just give legalism a shot instead". It's no different than 100 religions vying over a single nation, do you really think in a single person's life time it's possible to take over through peaceful methods? It had fucking nothing to do with immortality, it was just a dick move that was also necessary for the plan and the emperor lacked the foresight to utilize religion to act as a buffer unlike Liu Bang, and even then it's arguable that the only reason that was accepted was because Liu Bang had the Qin Emperor as a scapegoat in the first place. If Liu Bang was the guy uniting China with Han and not Qin, it's not guaranteed Han would be the 400 year dynasty it is today.

The fact that you only take the most retarded interpretations of the records already tells us you fail to realize how history works in the first place and only accept shit you want to accept and twist it in whatever way benefits your shitty interpretations.

Talking about archers, how will the two robinhood manage in the hi shin unit ?

Now I know you are shit posting because you can't admit you're wrong on the internet. And people wonder why Kingdom threads are rare with niggers like you around.

Who will be the first major character to fall by this blade?

>he unified China on many things, money, scale, cultures, etc
That what thanks to based Li Si, he started having a more central figure in the manga lately, hopefully we'll get an arc based on him and legalism, it would be nice desu

Bihei managed, so anyone can manage.

That is one of the theories. If you think theories are "making shit up" then good for you I guess.

He did die because of Mercury bullshit supposed to make him immortal

Yeah there's theories that he didn't take mercury and took xianxia pills and became a deity too, clearly that doesn't count as making shit up cause it existed all those years ago.

Fuck off.

Which has absolutely no bearing on him burning books and killing scholars. People like randomly associating actions to people's faults in order to make them look more evil, it's part of uneducated human nature.

What I said is just what I've read on the Shiji, nothing's wrong with it so deal with it whatever your problem is

Bihei has plot armor of the size of Moubu's dick. Also Bihei had a brother too...

>build a post
>press enter
>add one additional line that is just throwing shit
Why do I see people doing this exact thing so damn often? It's like a ritual or something.

Cite the part where the book burning relates to the emperor taking mercury to ascend to immortality.

>Why do I see

Cause you think you're above Sup Forums despite being on it.

He did burn more than just philosophical and religious books. He burnt tons of historical records and Han historians never forgave him

Wow man nice comparison there. Truly magical beings and divine ascension is on the same level of what was being discussed.

Houken in this war

What are you even talking about? Thinking I'm above Sup Forums somehow makes me see something that happens all that time? That doesn't even make any sense.

I just find funny this exact formula is so popular.

No shit, did I ever claim he was a good guy or didn't make mistakes? But none of those have anything to do with him drinking mercury in hopes of obtaining immortality.

And you can't tell me you actually believe historians were all some unbiased objective organization full of geezers that just write down what they see recorded on a camera do you? Historians back then are no different than propaganda spreaders the moment they have any sort of weight to their name, and even the guy who wrote the grand records in the first place isn't fully trusted by historians today on whether what he wrote is accurate or not to the letter.

So you admit you can't even cite the part where it proves the relationship. Well not that anyone expected any better from you who relied on shit posting to derail in the first place.

Speaking of Sima Yi, how would the famous generals and tacticians from the Three Kingdoms period do against the ones from Kingdom's time period?

Are you saying you've quoted people green texting and asking why people green text? Cause that's the equivalent of your post right now.

Similar in Scope and Scale? RAVAGES OF TIME

Although it's... way deeper. In a way you might not enjoy, honestly.

That would depend on what you're using as reference? Historically? Or just between manga and shit? Historically during Kingdom the moves weren't all that impressive from the records shown, but that might just be due to the lack of detail.

Cause it's doubtful if even modern day generals/strategists/tacticians can stand up to the 8 geniuses in Ravages. Fucking wizards man they even know what someone ten thousand miles away from them are saying in the 3 previous panels and then use the same damn line for sarcasm when they turn the tables.

Fuck yeah, ravages talk. I hope someday all of us who actually read it can have a nice little thread about it someday.

>Are you saying you've quoted people green texting and asking why people green text?
Jesus that reading comprehension. I feel like there is something completely wrong with you if you are the same guy going apeshit on everyone else in this thread right now. I hope for your sake you two are different people.

Man it's just a theory as it has already been said in this thread. Calm the fuck down.