I can't believe I wasted 9 hours of my life watching this

I can't believe I wasted 9 hours of my life watching this.
I'll never trust Sup Forums again.

Hyouka also took 9 hours from me. The 10 minutes I spent on episode 1 and the 8 hours, 50 minutes I spent sleeping afterwards.

Needed a better ending, and less bitches.

looks like christmas vacation has started

You're still to young.

What episode is this?

>Trusting Sup Forums ever

If you listened to Sup Forums the only things you'd be watching is hipster shit no one likes.

You're alone with Chitanda in the geography room after school one day. Suddenly...

>"So what's sex like, user-kun? I'm curious!"

What do you do?

>who locked the door!? What a mistery!
>it was the janitor.
Dropped it there.

Acquire a makeshift weapon to defend myself because the real Chitanda is too pure to say something like that.

Sup Forums almost only talks about harem. Sup Forums only recommends harem. Sup Forums is for waifu.

Believe in Sup Forums one last time, you want to watch Lance N' Masques

>First mystery about her uncle was pretty interesting, with a haunting painful ending
>The rest of the series is spent on them investigating the most mundane crap

well at least we got a smug Nakoruru out it

You really can't trust KyoAni fags.

>Tamako was shit but the movie was above average
>Tamako was a masterpiece!

>Hyouka's mysteries were shit and the whole thing was boring and dragged on with a few loose ends
>b-but those don't count. The mysteries weren't important. Hyouka is a masterpiece!

Your taste is shittier than the way your parents feel when they look at how much of a waste of resources your pathetic life is. We don't want your trust.

It's certainly not their best series, but it's far from terrible.

Sorry to hear about your brain damage, OP. It's pretty common around here.

I enjoyed this show, especially based maid.

This image needs update to include Hibike as masterfully structured character drama, but still rings true.

>Hibike
>Masterful character drama
>"I'm afraid to talk to my best friend because I think she hates me even though that's not even close to what's happening and this would all be resolved if I talked to her for 5 minutes."
>Oh look, Kumiko overheard another conversation at just the right time, she can fix it

Fuck you OP, this series is a godsend. Cured my insomnia

>but it's far from terrible.
>Builds up relationship between MC and Main Heroine from Episode 1 to the last one
>Ends with him having a vision of himself when he does things right with her, and then goes back to reality where he chickens out
Kill yourself, you shit eating bitch. Absolute trash anime.

The smuggest

Vol. 6 full translation when?

>I didn't watch the show.

Thanks for your contribution.

>not understanding that the simple fact he even has the vision of them together, thus seeing it as a possibility, is a complete turning point in his character development

I bet you're one of those fags frothing at the mouth when there was no kiss scene in the Tamako Market movie.

Eat a bag of dicks, faglord.

>Show didn't pair two characters so it's trash, even though it was never about romance.

Why are anti-Kyoani fags so childish?

>Show us the turning point in his so-called character development
>Deprive us from the fruits of this turning point
Yeah, no. 2/10, pleb anime.

Pure girls don't writhe lewdly and don't pomf =3 on the bed.

You should stick to Disney.

Man he's only known her for like a semester, calm down

>can't grasp the subtlety behind character development
>"pleb anime 2/10"

Heh.

>Kyoto Animation
>subtle anything
Well you tried.

>was never about romance
>his feeling for her are the reason of his change
Are you retarded?

Thanks for proving my point. That was the whole theme for his character, the romance was superficial. You really need to develop your critical thinking skills before watching any other KyoAni anime.

user speaks the truth.

>N-no that wasn't h-how it was at ALL!
>T-thanks for p-proving my point!
LUL, nice damage control.

Why are you contradicting yourself?

>listening to kyoanuslickers
you tried

It actually is their best series, though I'd also take K-on for an answer.

Was Hyouka main flaw that it is too subtle for Sup Forums?

I like Hibike a lot, but
>masterfully structured
The one thing I dislike about it is its entirely too obvious structure with arcs of different smaller stories that hardly hook into eachother. It feels unnatural as fuck to have essentially the same setup of kumiko finding some group of characters with a problem every single time.

It's tied for their best series with Nichijou.

Its main flaw was having bad characters.

>Posting a picture from an arc different than the one I brought up
How stupid are you?

Haruhi is their best series and it's not even close.
Hyouka was a cheap knock off they had to resort to since Kadokawa wouldn't let them work on it again.

yep pretty much same here. stupid ass show.

You're confused, Haruhi is their most overrated show, not their best show.

If you didn't like Hyouka chances are that you're a low attention span spastic underrager. It's okay we all started somewhere, maybe stick to more action packet shounen anime that ought to be more up your alley.

>trusting Sup Forums

This show is too good for you anyway if you think like that

Hyouka is not for moetars

literally every time this show is brought up people mention that it's boring as fuck. If you didn't want to use it as a sleeping aid, why did you watch it?

magnum opus fucking haruhi?

Oh Gott, it is summer in Australia...

This. I enjoyed it, but I don't know what OP means by not trusting Sup Forums when every thread is the same thizzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

>obvious structure with arcs of different smaller stories that hardly hook into eachother.

We've had 5 major conflicts this season

Haruka's self esteem issues get resolved by herself as a side effect of Asuka's own issues with her mom, which also get resolved by herself. Kumiko, reminiscing her sister's own issues at home tries to give Asuka some encouragement, and while she does, it was for completely different reasons. Reina's own conflicts are mostly separated from these because there's not really a reason to tie them together.

Kumiko is the protagonist, there needs to be a way for her and by proxy, us, to know about all these conflicts, but she never resolves anything that isn't her own issues.

Hyouka is actually a casual filter. If you didn't enjoy it, then you need to watch more anime.

I still want an OVA documenting Chitanda's adventures in Mexico.

*If you didn't enjoy it, then you need to watch better anime.

Watching more anime won't suddenly make people smart enough to understand visual metaphors.

>what was the whole visual metaphor of MC getting entangling by girl in the 1st few episodes.
>why do they follow up on this implied """romance""" in the End and OVA
>why does the plot try to make us care about what they think about each other

Oreki will have to solve it

>Kumiko is the protagonist, there needs to be a way for her and by proxy
I guess, but the way it happens feels forced. Maybe some things could've happened in the background without Kumiko hearing about it, or they could've actually involved Kumiko somehow. As it stands she feels really out of place in a bunch of arcs, like a weird observer that just exists for us to view the stories through. Again, that structure feels unnatural to me, and it is my only problem aside from the slightly over the top melodrama that crops up despite the grounded feel the show generally has.

Exactly.
I mean, look at this nuanced symbolism. So subtle that it goes unnoticed by inexperienced watchers. Reminds me of Antonioni's early works.

>There's an overt metaphor so subtle ones don't exist
Really activates my almonds

The way she 'finds out' is natural, it's not like she keeps stumbling upon drama. Sometimes she even initiates it. S1 was mostly about her, with some side drama about Reina/Kaori that she had nothing to do with.

Nozomi/Mizore was the weakest arc but it gave a lot of development to side characters such as Natsuki, Yuko and Asuka so it wasn't a complete waste. Aside from that you have Haruka's conflict, which was her own, Kumiko never knew about it or intervened. The conflict with her sister which is obvious she would be involved, as well as Reina's conflict since they're friends. Stumbling upon Mizore about to throw up or seeing Asuka's mom slap her was a bit too dramatic I guess, but aside from that I can't think of anything that felt 'unnatural'. The only other option is pull a 3-gatsu and give 3-4 characters a wide range of drama and conflict they must overcome, but at that point it also feels unrealistic.

how about some examples

I know how this goes, I've done it before. I post something, you don't get it, I explain it, you call it fanfic. Let's just get this over with and agree that you're just too stupid.

>Pretend there's no subtly in the show
>Ask for the metaphors to be pointed out
Like pottery

Just don't bother, dude.
You're clearly too stupid to understand something like this scene, obviously meant for an audience already versed in Bunuel and Fellini.

It's so dense.
There are so many layers of meaning going on.

Learn to use your brain instead of listen to Sup Forums.
At least you had a good sleep.

Man, you're really mad that you couldn't follow all the scenes in the show that weren't overt, aren't you?

People who dislike the ending are retarded though, that's very much objective. They probably want some cliche confession and kiss.

3 ad homs
>Look-k im smarter than you right-tt

I think I'd just prefer a smaller cast with more focus on their respective problems. The Nozomi arc was so bad in terms of Kumiko's weird voyeurism that it makes me view the other arcs through a similar lens that makes every little bit of forcing immediately noticeable.

I know what you mean. I had the same reaction after finishing Katanagatari. Sup Forums has some of the worst recommendations.

Hyouka remains the single most effective pleb filter on the market today.

You replying to that sarcastic post seriously only proves our point that you're too stupid.

>what is a logical fallacy
is sophistry a profession now?

>watching kyoanus

>tamako market spends whole show dropping shit that makes you think something might actually happen next episode
>show never goes anywhere

>hyouka spends whole show solving "mysteries"
>hyouka sets itself up like a mystery driven show
>the mysteries aren't even captivating nor does it serve an interest to the cast aside from the fact that the mystery exists and they're curious about it
>the show itself is more like an incredibly boring slice of life except this time instead of talking about which end of a chocolate cornet you should eat from for a short segment of an episode Hyouka takes it a step further and talks about which end of a chocolate cornet you should eat from for the whole show and labels it as a mystery

>is sophistry a profession now?
Literally has been since the Greeks.

>Complaining about "logical fallacies"
And now you've overplayed your hand.

I dropped it even earlier, at the energy conservation nonsense.
That's when I understood that the writer was a 16 year old.

It is.
It's basically the king's suit.
Only idiots can't see it.

I don't think you realise the irony of your choice of comparison.

I do.

I really like its mysteries

How's the agenda?

it only takes 2 days to make a connection and realize whether the couple will launch or fail

for japan i guess its like 2 weeks. but a whole semester of fucking nothing? i'd rather rewatch Kanon.

>plebs can't appreciate comfy SoL with light mystery elements
go figure