Flip Flappers

In which we pretend giving the creators a cute card with some badly-done MS Paint doodles of Uexkull on it is as good as buying the blu-rays.

Cocona a cute

What was the Thomasson in ep 10?

Don't say NyuNyu yet.

Can we start a new thread that is just about flip flappers? This just invites the shitposters.

you're the only shitposter here, trips-kun

OP or ED, which is better?

Over the Rainbow.

ED until the chorus

There's already another

Very hard to pick, but I'm gonna go with the ED
OP is a VERY close second

I thought it was just me
Agreed, ED is god-tier until the chorus. After that it's just great

What is the symbolism in this scene? Does the bicycle seat represent learning to ride a bike, and therefore, the innocence of childhood?

ED, but OP is really fun. Just the right amount of "fun if sort of generic-sounding", but then the singer really belts it out which makes it nice.

How do you pronounce Uexkull?

yukusukuru

Like Üxküll. The "Ue" is just there for variety.

One of the themes of this episode was awkward body sizes/uncomfortable spaces.

When people hit puberty, the growth spurt results in sudden and uneven changes to their dimensions. Teens find themselves feeling unfamiliar in familiar spaces, uncomfortable in previously comfortable positions, and feeling like they suddenly don't know the shape of their own bodies anymore. One of the significant ways in which this is manifested is the development of secondary sexual characteristics, particularly in women where the growth of their hips and butt can be awkward, particularly with regards to sitting positions they were accustomed to before puberty.

The "cockpits" of their mecha were essentially just the Thomasson in Flip Flap HQ that they use to enter PI, but shrunk down to the point where they couldn't fit into it comfortably. A familiar space suddenly made unfamiliar by the uncertain dimensions of their growing bodies.

You can consider this another facet of Cocona's confrontation with change from episode 6&7. She's now facing unavopidable change in the world around her that manifests in the way she fits into the environment, in the way she locates herself in the space around her and in how she finds her place in what was once familiar but now is changed. The emphasis on her body's dimensions, particularly her exaggerated butt and her size relative to the space around her, were physical representations of Cocona's conflicted feelings regarding the changes happening in her life (eg. iroha) and how she coped with them.

Great naming choice there Cocona

done

ˈʏkskʏl

>mfw the evil witch in the ED is actually Granny

The OP gets me hype everytime.

$1 nail polish

Approved

thats nice, but the real reason was just because based Oshiyama delivered on giving us some phat loli butt.

押山監督がんばれー

>giving the creators a cute card with some badly-done MS Paint doodles of Uexkull on it
Wait, wait, what, there are faggots here really doing this? How?

The OP, but only because the second half of the OP (both the song and the animation) transitions from being nice but generic into PURE FUCKING HYPE

is the full ED out already?

I'm fucking poisoned by the nail polish, shit

For a few weeks now, yeah.

It's been out for a while.

My dream for the final episode is for something touching and emotional to happen while the OP song plays in the background, then as soon as the song transitions into its really good and epic portion with the backing vocal chants, the scene becomes the epic final battle with explosive animation.

TV sized: ED > OP
Full length: OP > ED

Seriously, the full-sized ED ruins it. It's so awkwardly cut and oddly paced, like they wrote the tv version first and then sat in the recording booth trying to figure out a way to turn it into a longer song.

Funny, that's exactly how I feel about the OP instead while the ED grew on me.

Agreed 100%. I was disappointed at the full ED song so badly

ED no question. OP is nice and hype but that's about it.

Just an fyi, I'll also be stealing any new Uexxart for this collage.

That is literally a crayon drawing and it looks better than all the mspaint crap.

Yuyu's thighs win the OP.

analog > digital

Still waiting for Yayaka to explode a building behind a chain-link fence

Yes yes, I know you're a humourless shitposter.

So guys, I think I figured out what "Another Bust" actually is. Pic Related.

This is Papika's very first reaction in episode 1 after they go to PI for the first time. Think about those words, and the context they are being said.

"Another Bust" is someone who either died or got mind fried while trying to simply travel to PI. I guess not everyone can make the jump. It seems to take two. Also, I realized that the entire purpose of having Buu tie them up and grope/tickle them was to force the two to think on the same page "Stop tickling me!" to open the portal to PI.

Cocona has a fragment inside of her. Papika has that fragment thing permanently stuck on her ankle. Mimi naturally had a strong connection to PI. I think its possible that some people just have natural ability to travel to PI.

lol, all that and I forget the pic.

I'm sorry user, but you aren't telling us anything new.

Papika didn't get her shard until episode 2.
She has some kind of PI affinity like Yayaka or the twins that allows her to survive the trip

That only took you 10 weeks to figure out. Meanwhile everyone else has realized that the shards they were collecting were actually Mimi's.

Didn't save the subtitle in the image, but Papika is saying "you're alive!" in a tone that is a combination of surprise and excitement.

Papika has that anklet thing on her ankle at all times that glows just like a shard and is obviously infused with PI powers by the research facility that used it to trap her.

TY MAL description for spoiling such a huge plot point.

I picked up the show like 5 days ago and marathoned the whole thing in 2 days. Been rewatching eps and lurking here to kill time until the next ep.

Guys I think Papika and Yayaka might team up to defeat Mimi next episode

Guys what if Salt is Coconas father?

Guys I think Cocona is gonna have to make a choice to go with Papika instead of Mimi

I'm glad you didn't come here just to say how confusing the show is then. You've missed out on a great deal of speculation and background details though.

Yeah that is kind of what we many people had assumed already from episode 1.

I don't think she did get one just in episode 2. I think she always had one. We are later shown the shard from episode 2 in Salt's box. Honestly it is kind of hard to keep track of though. We see her with the shard from episode 1 later on in episode 7 at the clover lake.

Guys what if Nyunyu is

Then this scene gets really weird

ED. It's fucking great, I stay and watch it every time.
The OP is generic garbage, saw it once then skipped always.

You're just now figuring this out?

Images montage
>The card will be a collection of images into one big image sent to them via Twitter using imgur. The due date for submissions is 12/30/16 at 9:00 am pst. Send all images to [email protected]
>Dimensions: 600 by 600 pixels

My wife!

Yeah I worded that poorly.
Papika's shard is the ep1 shard. She doesn't actually have it until ep2.

I believe you see the shard in her ankle during her henshin scenes, and its the same shard they pick up in Ep 2.

Is there any proof that Salt is Cocona's father? Wouldn't it make more sense if Salt's father impregnated Mimi in some delusional scheme to bring pure illusion to the real world?

Don't know, the series isn't telling me.

>ep 1
sorry

That's a possibility yeah, but Salt is more likely or else this'd get really fucking dark

I think he is being a bit facetious.

Yeah I don't think the shards are actually needed to go into Pure Illusion I think you just need to have the affinity for it, we see all sorts of people able to go in there and the shards allow them some kind of access to Mimi's power which allows them to henshin.

They couldn't have made it more obvious without outright saying it that Salt is the father.

Those shapes put me in mind of something but I can't think what exactly.

Your wife dresses like a whore.

pretty cute desu

Yeah to be honest a lot of this stuff might seem completely obvious to people like us that have spent a week between every episode going over it frame by frame and looking for anything that might be a clue of anything but if you just marathon it without any kind of interaction there is so much to miss.

>METEOR HIPP!

Non-bullshit explanation why/how Papika has de-aged.

GO

PI magic. In terms of the show thats not a bullshit answer.

For me.

They put her in cryogenic sleep.

Who really cares?

Fixed.

>Sometimes, a person's spirit is just too corrupted to redeem. Maybe she committed despicable acts, maybe she became one of The Heartless, maybe she just had extraordinarily bad luck. Regardless, there's simply no hope of redemption. So, what do you do? Turn her into a baby!

Look at you, pretending to be important by comparison.

Heh.

>papika dived in after Mimi
>good Mimi catches her and says she needs to send her back and have her be the same age as Cocona so when they grow up they can work together to bring good Mimi back.

The reason that Papika can survive going into PI is because Mimi implanted a bit of amorphous power inside her when they held hands and entered PI for the first time.

When Mimi burst into shards, the feedback affected Papika, who had that piece of amorphous power still inside her. The parts of her that had been with Mimi since they met were lost with Mimi herself, leaving only the Papika that had lived up until that point. She's been frozen in time, in that moment, ever since and time only began moving for her again once they began to retrieve shards.

Delete this. Yayaka needs her consolation prizes dressed up in erotic outfits.

I

I have a feeling it is to do with the anklet.

Maybe she reached total impedance with baby Cocona and also got turned into a baby

This. It has to be there for a reason other than giving Cocona a sexual interest in Paapika's feet.

Will she de-age to a JC and stop aging to work for Salt/Flip Flap for 13 years. Or will she go back to being a toddler like Cocona and grow up again just like her?

She was aging fine when she didn't have one (never see it in the flashbacks until she gets captured after they escape the first time). Then she got one with an infinity symbol on it and had some PI disaster happen, suddenly she has a different coloured anklet and is a child.

So Salt is a double horrible father because I don't think Papika never went to school

>suddenly
14 years had passed between then and now. Someone could have painted over it in that time.

I wanted to make one too.

Reminder that the preview will be day late again.

True, but I think that would be a kind of silly way to make a reveal somehow.