Flip Flappers

I hope you haven't forgotten about her, user.

I honestly never cared much about her. She was a plot device to showcase deeper PIs influence on people.

Of course not But I fear she has forgotten about me.
Those two kids should have left matters alone.

When her personality changed she became a normalfag. The parts of Iro that connected with Cocona were lost and they drifted out of each other's lives.

Mourn for the fallen, and keep the memory of the senpai that painted alive in your hearts.

>**1,574位/**1,518位 (***,368 pt) [*,**3予約] 2017/01/06 【Amazon.co.jp限定】フリップフラッパーズ 1(全巻購入特典:tanu描き下ろし全巻収納BOX」引換シリアルコード付) [Blu-ray]
>**2,826位/**2,800位 (***,556 pt) [*,*12予約] 2017/01/06 フリップフラッパーズ 1 [Blu-ray]
>*10,458位/**9,935位 ○ (***,*97 pt) [*,**0予約] 2017/01/06 【Amazon.co.jp限定】フリップフラッパーズ 1(全巻購入特典:tanu描き下ろし全巻収納BOX」引換シリアルコード付) [DVD]
>*39,449位/*39,306位 ○ (***,*82 pt) [*,**0予約] 2017/01/06 フリップフラッパーズ 1 [DVD]

How do we save 3Hz from imminent bankruptcy?

NOT. ON. THE. PRODUCTION. COMMITTEE

She's confirmed to no longer be appearing

Producers will look at the failure and decide to not contract 3Hz.

Funny that, all of 3Hz stuff so far has been majority Bandai backed and none of it has sold massively well.

Defend Mimi.

You can't.

She can defend herself well enough.

Made Papika cry. Give me one good reason why you would want to make Papika cry.

This argument doesn't make much sense really. The majority of anime never sell much more than 2k or so BDs yet we rarely see studios going out of business.

She used her super badass powers to save her daughter. Literally what is wrong with that?

What if the baby in the flashback is Cocona

Wrong thread?

NO WAY!!!!

It's obviously Salto.

Dumb Papika. Cocona is obviously at least 14 years old. She isn't a baby.

what if FLFL is top 3

It's actually Yayaka.

It always was.

Here is a real what if.

What if the anklet Papika wears is related to keeping her from growing old?

She is never wearing one in the flashback scenes until after the first time she tries to escape and that one looks completely different.

She's the only person in the show who hasn't lied to Cocona.

See

It hadn't occurred to me that it's an infinity symbol on it. I really do wonder what's up with that.

A magnet?

The drew attention to it on purpose too. That shot is definitely deliberate.

Those look more like they're supposed to be chain links to me. Would also make sense since it's restricting Papi from leaving the building.

>I really do wonder what's up with that
The KKK is destroyed and we're 2 episodes away from the end, I don't think there's a lot left to over-analyze. If there even is anything to it, we can probably write it off as "it's symbolic!" and leave it at that

Seems a bit coincidental to me though that she never had an anklet and was aging fine. Then they put one on her and there the whole sharding of Mimi. Then she has a different yellow one and can no longer age. They have drawn attention to the anklet multiple times during the series too. I wouldn't be surprised if it is wrapped up in some kind of explanation.

The "Age: ---" thing could also mean they can't determine her age because de-aging fucking up the definition of age.

How do you know she didn't age? You seem pretty sure that Papika wasn't reverted to an infant but stayed 14 years old the entire time.

That has been my assumption for a while now.

We don't for sure I suppose its just the impression I have.

I think it's more likely they just don't know her birthday because she was an orphan being used as a test subject in experiments with a 99% mortality rate. She was a throwaway lab rat, they probably don't know who her parents were, what her birthday is or how old she is.

Come to think of it, her circumstances are even worse than Cocona's are. I kinda feel bad for Papika.

this

Papika is loyal to Cocona at all time

Why did she steal Cocobaby from Mimi then?

Seeing how Salt's father was driven insane after deep PI manipulation, I fear that Iro won't recover her love of art as part of a happy ending.
Just a passing shot of her painting en plein air as the credits roll would mean lots to me, but I fear I'm expecting disappointment.

The card will be a collection of images into one big image sent to them via Twitter using imgur. The due date for submissions is 12/30/16 at 9:00 am pst. Send all images to [email protected]

>Dimensions
600 by 600 pixels
>Why not here? it's an imageboard after all. we'd just have to reply your post.
Its hard trying to shitpost 24/7 to have to go around collecting images
>Why not real postcards? I want to send one. But there needs to be a campaign for it to mean something.
I'm not sure how this would be accomplished so I'm limiting it to digital.
>Who are we sending it to?
@binobinobi the directors twitter

Please don't spam this guy. One reminder every other thread or so is enough now that we got the whole thing moving. Doing it too often will just attract shitposting

Does Papika have concentual age for sex?

>Papikana was in love with Mimi until she gave birth to Cocona, her actual love interest
Awww fuck, now I just associated Flip Flappers with Twilight

take a look at the preview champ

They probably don't know Cocona' birthday either. Poor girls living lives without birthday parties.

She's just protecting her daughter from all the bad choices she'll make herself. A mother knows best, after all!

>They probably don't know Cocona' birthday either. Poor girls living lives without birthday parties.
This makes me really fucking sad

Dont ever talk to me or my daughter ever again

>>They probably don't know Cocona' birthday either. Poor girls living lives without birthday parties.
>This makes me really fucking sad
Papika has her memories back. Assuming everything is fine after the show ends and Papika and Cocona are both alive I want a Cocona birthday OVA

This
I never wanted anything so bad than this OVA

I made one

>Just a passing shot of her painting en plein air as the credits roll would mean lots to me
Why'd you have to put this in my head user

>tfw it's almost Thursday

Too bad she got ruined by Cocona and Papila

No fucking kidding. I was really trying to follow it, but then after episode 11, my brain was blown out the back of my head. I was like, "Oh, you can influence people's personality by manipulating their specific PIs." and now all of a sudden there is literally grand, reality-altering magic. I no longer have any fucking idea what an "amorphous" really is. A gem? What do these gems do? Why do they exist?

>Producers are as retarded as Stalkerfags and only look at sales to determine the studio they hiring and not their technical abilities

>Cockona

Amorphous are parts of Mimi
>I think?

>yfw they were going to save the zombie episode for the final

Where did you paste that from? MAL? Reddit?

Furthermore, what's up with the switching that occurs in deep PIs?

Different parts of personalities exist within the DPI I imagine, especially based on what Mimi said. There's some mechanism that allows one personality to be brought to the forefront if the traveler within the DPI wishes.

Some people said the end of ep10 reminded them of Akira, so I watched the movie just to see how it fits. Not that well actually. In ep10 you might think that Cocona is that loser that got pushed too far like Tetsuo, but in reality it's actually Mimi doing everything (or rather EVIL Mimi). So it wasn't as fun as Sup Forums had imagined.
And that's the thing with this show, it's not really as cool as we make it out to be (for example, Mimi didn't actually try to seduce Salt). So with this in mind, I think the ending will be fairly subdued, don't expect anything crazy.

Papika is stuck in a time loop, calling it.

Forgot to post my theory

Shards don't literally let you grant wishes

Time travel in anime needs to stop, it's the easy route to create suffering

This is literally Madoka

Fine then, Pure Illusion can change the nature of reality.

It's doable, especially how malleable everything is now that we know what Pure Illusion/Mimi can do.

Literally the Eva of Madoka anime

>LITERALLY the Madoka of NGE
BRAVO

It makes sense that it could prevent her from aging, but that can't be the only story, since even if she were not aging, she looks much younger than she did earlier, so something had to actually reverse her aging.

NOLAN
O
L
A
N

This isn't really a dark and edgy type of show where the protagonist can go crazy just like that. Cocona going Tetsuo just wouldn't have fit at all. That said I really hope they don't take the safe route and give a completely boring happy ending.

Is Flip Flappers kino?

I want the characters to be happy thou, they have been trhough so much

Nothing against a happy ending, but what I mean is that it should be earned. Preferably no deus ex machina bullshit or power of love and friendship to save the day just like that, or if they absolutely have to then hopefully it's at least done in an interesting way.

>Iroha

>bitch gets pumped and dumped
>goes apeshit at everyone
Slut.

Salt's dad is the father and Cocona is Salt's sister.

PV when

I would literally quit anime forever

2 hours or Salt fucks up again

I don't care as long as HS doesn't fuck up this week again.

Mimi is a special snowflake who can access the idea space of humanity. The idea space is the non-physical domain that contains the intangible information that exists in the mind of humans. The research that Salt's father began was to see if this ability could be extended to other people. When compatible, another person (Papika) could also enter the space. When they used the ELPIS machine to get a better look at the individual's mind, Papika and Mimi stumbled upon some occult knowledge of humans that they shouldn't have. This much information literally drove Papa Salt insane.

Business continued as usual, and then the night Mimi went AWOL occurred. For whatever reason, the switch in personality that occurred in Deep Pure Illusion granted Mimi the ability to literally alter reality according to her imagination. Papika leapt in to save her and Salt acquired a piece of amorphous matter as a final parting gift from Mimi who regretted her decision IMMEDIATELY.

I assume Papika was drawn into PI with Mimi, and was subsequently rejected back into reality after undergoing serious alterations to her mind and physical body, explaining her loss of memory and age regression. I assume this is also where Cocona is retrieved from the clutches of Evil Mimi.

I have no idea what's going on with the competing organization, why Cocona was under their clutches, or why Salt didn't make an active effort to recruit Cocona as a possible partner for Papika, Salt does take a very different approach from the Organization to entering and combating the entities encountered. Note that the organization brute forces their way through with their own inventions, while Salt's approach literally gives the girls some ability to manipulate themselves within the PI.

But there's so many unanswered questions now. It would certainly seem that Papika fought Mimi in PI and took a big sacrifice in her small victory.

FLFL has similar premises as NGE in terms of characters. Both of their protagonists suffered from child neglect and developed attachment disorder (avoidant attachment), emotional dysregulation, depression, and anxiety disorders. Both are stories about children growing up from the dark tragic past of their parent generation. The difference is NGE is a downward spiral of mental disorders while FLFL shows a lot more about self-discovery, growth, and psychotherapy in its positive healing light.

Sorry, you typed a lot of nothing.
>Mimi who regretted her decision
This is not the point. EvilMimi didn't regret it. GoodMimi called on Salt to stop EvilMimi.
>explaining her loss of memory and age regression
That's a lame theory and explains nothing about Papika's motivation.
>competing organization
FF's primary enemy is EvilMimi. Salt knows KKK will be BTFO by Mimi so it's just his secondary enemy.
>why Cocona was under their clutches
No idea
>why Salt didn't make an active effort to recruit Cocona
Didn't know where she was. Didn't have resources.
>Salt does take a very different approach
Because his goal is not to fight KKK
>Salt's approach literally gives the girls some ability
Henshin is a spontaneous ability. He made something to make it easier to initiate.

I'm pretty sure they can't properly transform without fragments although that isn't explicitly stated.

I didn't say anything about shards. Salt didn't teach them how to henshin. The did it themselves without help.

They did teach them to reduce their impedance which allowed it to happen but I'm not even sure Salt was aware it could happen.

>EvilMimi didn't regret it
I didn't mean EvilMimi. I meant normal Mimi, which you agreed with.

>explains nothing about Papika's motivation
Papika is the most die hard of friends. Papika works with salt, memory or not, to protect her beloved friend and her daughter.

>just his secondary enemy
But they are competing for the same fragments. You are clearly being a fucking fag about this because you want to be a dedicated contrarian

>Didn't know where she was. Didn't have resources
Cocona had to get out of the PI somehow from the clutches of FelMimi. Papika was the last one seen jumping after her. If she did end up in PI, Salt managed to reclaim Papika in her altered form.

>because his goal is not to fight KKK
Difference does not suggest fighting them, but possessing different knowledge. That was my point

>He made something to make it easier to initiate
It isn't spotaneous because it clearly reacts to the amorphous in each of the girls when it occurs. Rewatch episodes 1 and 2.

>Salt didn't teach them how to henshin
Actually, neither of them are naturally in possession of an amorphous. Both of them have had their amorphous imposed on them by somebody else, and seeing as how Salt is a researcher, I assume he found the means to use them for transformation. he did not INVENT the transformation, but definitely did discover it.

Man, you are one basic ass mother fucker. The depth at which you comprehend things is unbelievably shallow.

>But they are competing for the same fragments.
Salt wasn't too concerned about losing shards. Go rewatch ep 3.

>Papika is the most die hard of friends
This is what she is doing, not why she is doing what she is doing. His second Chekhov's gun, her wish, hasn't even been revealed. How do you know what is her motivation?

>That was my point
Your point was literally
>I have no idea what's going on with the competing organization
so what is the point?

>It isn't spontaneous
It's the girls' innate ability not a technology invented by Salt, do you understand?

>neither of them are naturally in possession of an amorphous
wot

>The depth at which you comprehend things
I'm trying to help you understand. If you have nothing to add to the discussion, don't reply.

>The depth at which you comprehend things is unbelievably shallow.
Let me chime in, because I love throwing insults back at smug pricks. Your entire post was recounting facts that we learned from the flashbacks and then listing just how much you don't know yet. Nothing of what you wrote suggests that you comprehend anything at a deeper level than others but just assumptions that might explain what we don't know for sure yet.

For whatever reason Mimi gained powers over reality before something happened to Papika to make her young again. You don't know what's going on with the KKK, why they were watching Cocona, why Salt didn't make herself known as her father or recruit her. The only actual insight you had is that Salt's approach, in my own words, works with PI rather than the KKK who work against it and don't care about the integrity of Pure Illusion.

Many other anons have speculated that, while Salt probably wanted Mimi to return, his primary goal was to rid Pure Illusion of the pollution of Mimi's shards. He obviously did prepare for the event of her return, which was very clearly the KKK's goal, even if the children knew nothing of it. That's why he wasn't too concerned with the shards being stolen by KKK. The reason that he didn't approach Cocona may have been that he didn't want to drag her into all of this and he saw that she was living an okay life already, and definitely a life that he couldn't have given her. As he said himself, neither he nor Mimi expected her to return in the body of Cocona.

It's unclear whether he knew about the transformations before ep 1, but I doubt it, because Papika never seemed to have entered PI before she found Cocona. However he did learn about it afterwards, which the KKK didn't, probably analyzed it like a scientist and devised a method to make it more reliable, meaning to create less impedance between the girls.

This just occurs to me now but the anklet is in the same spot where Papika has her Shard of Mimi.

That's probably what the reveal about the ring is supposed to be. It's not an accessory given to her by Flip Flap to hold a shard but a device from the old KKK to keep her from running away.

The MAL description says they're seeking the Shards of Mimi, and it's been that way since before it aired. With such a specific name appearing before ep1, it's pretty much confirmed that the amorphous are related to Mimi, if not part of her.

Not to mention that the CR script spoiled that the girl on the boat was Mimi. It's less obvious but still there 10 weeks before the big reveal.

Apparently even after Salt/Mimi's dedicated episode there hasn't been consensus about Salt's endgame. Here is my take.

>while Salt probably wanted Mimi to return
Probably not as Salt tried to prevent KKK from collecting all shards in one place which seems to be a necessary condition for Mimi's reincarnation. EvilMimi's return is definitely what Salt has been actively trying to work against.

>his primary goal was to rid Pure Illusion of the pollution of Mimi's shards.
This may be a consequence of his objective, but ep 11 literally told us his mission is "stop evilmimi".

>He obviously did prepare for the event of her return
This is true but he's been preparing to work against evilMimi probably for the recovery of goodMimi.

>The reason that he didn't approach Cocona
Cocona is in KKK's custody. Forcibly taking her in is detrimental to the objective of recovery of goodMimi while disrupting the status quo which is this
>she was living an okay life already
Revealing truth to Cocona will upset her and disrupt the strategic balance between KKK and FF (FF doesn't want to fight KKK; KKK doesn't care about FF yet.) which is also detrimental to his primary objective.

If they remove the shard from Papika's ankle, will she age?

Also I think one of the earlier eps (around ep4 or so) has the KKK calling them amorphous "Shards of Mimi" too.