I watched this like 5 times and still don't know how the heck can the real world be affected by the wired

I watched this like 5 times and still don't know how the heck can the real world be affected by the wired
2 deep 4 me?

because the internet and media overall have an influence on the real world, something something

I love Lain

Magnetic fields messing with everyone's minds and shit.

And you don't seem to understand

a shame he seemed an honest man

And all the fears you hold so dear

will turn to whisper in your ear

And you know what they say might hurt you
And you know that it means so much
And you don't even feel a thing

i am falling
i am fading
i have lost it all

>how the heck can the real world be affected by the wired
it's not explained how exactly IIRC, but it's explained that the last protocol version, the one that came out around the time Eiri Masami died, was so peculiar because it was able to interface the wired with the real world through magnetic fields and anime magic and other unspecified or vague stuff
this tho is probably very right in that it was also a reference to the media influence on people

>90s acoustic guitar sounds

I figured as much, but was protocol 7 activated at last? If not, how was Lain able to modify reality?
Also, from where does she get all the equipment?

Serial Experiments Lain is a clusterfuck of random dumb bullshit that had a little to do with the early internet.

It's mostly liked becuause the lead is a loli lesbian and the random snippets of philosophy 101 as told through random visual metaphorical technobabble makes them feel deep and clever.

It's one of those anime that let's teen girls feel smart and deep.

>he doesn't seem to understand

Everyone's connected to the internet. Basically, people live in the matrix, their perceptions are controlled by the matrix and somehow Lain can pull the strings.

I really didn't understand it because i left it about 3 episodes before the end. Could Lain do all that shit all along or did she discovered her power as she bought more parts for her gaming PC?

can you name a show that is actually deep then, in your opinion? Or do you just say all deep shows are pretentious because you are unable to form an interpretation on them?

It's mostly metaphorical, but in universe they explain it through some kind of field theory that allows electronic signals to be transmitted through the subconscious mind.

Since all communication in Lain's world is routed through the Wired, it blurs the line between cyberspace and reality when they flip the switch that sends the communications through that theoretical field.

Neon Genesis Evangelion

here comes!

Long story short

Her alter-ego is probably savvy enough to use the darkweb to purchase stolen credit card information and use the right protocols to not get caught.

What is "deep"?

You might extrapolate all sorts of information and ideas from a show that another person might not.

Doesn't that make depth a somewhat subjective matter?

I'm not gonna go full Roland Barthes here and claim authorial intent has no bearing on how a book should be interpreted though.

A lot of human thoughts and ideas are abstract and confused in nature - incoherent and somewhat symbolic, more felt than understood.

Shows like Neon Genesis Evangelion, SEL, and my personal pick Paranoia Agent are often criticized for their inscrutable incoherence, but they all have consistent artistic themes and character arcs, and spots of real brilliance.

I am however, ultimately a big Satoshi Kon fanboy.

this always got me thinking. with all these electromagnetic fields around us wouldn't it have an effect? I know some people have a serious condition where they are allergic to it. So they have to live innawoods mormon style

its copy pasta

Ar you really asking this now of all times?

>You might extrapolate all sorts of information and ideas from a show that another person might not.

And that's it. That means that the show has depth. It doesn't matter if you can extrapolate it easily or not so it's not (very) subjective. It just means that there's more to the show than what meets the eye. That's the meaning of the word according to the Oxford Dictionary anyway.

low iq

Is there an anime better than Serial Experiments Lain?

And I’m referring to Serial Experiments Lain Tv Series with the original sound tracks and Manga art book (also with the doujinshi) equipped with Yoshitoshi ABe's art style and character design and themes of theological to psychological with non linear storytelling and a complete Video game .

Door Punch > SEL

I dont understand why Sup Forums has such a throbbing erection for this. Most of the episodes do not contribute to the overall story, like the sister brainwash episode and the floating exposition episode. The flow of the episodes is really bad as well. Many will end on a cliffhanger, and the resoloution either wont happen because magic or the last minute reveal doesnt mean shit.

Also they failed really hard at predicting how electronic communication would develop. They have 90's monitors and Nx500 GPU motherboard combos, but also have perfect voice recognition and can project the user into the internet? Even back then they knew that was bullshit.

Even .hack, for its many many faults, was scarily accurate about how players would interact in MMOs. And it was made, what, 4 years prior to WoW? Thats pretty damn impressive.

i dont' think a single anime qualifies as deep

>Even .hack, for its many many faults, was scarily accurate about how players would interact in MMOs. And it was made, what, 4 years prior to WoW? Thats pretty damn impressive.
WoW wasn't the first MMO.

Lain a cute

I'm lainsexual and I'm not sure if I should mention it to my therapist.
Please help me

It's about how the world is a shared subjective experience, if the wired attunes to people's minds and affects them, then it can effectively become the "real" world because people experience it as real.

lain

The Wired doesn't control real life, they are one and the same.

Why did the "other" Lain appear? Where did she come from?
At one point I was almost sure Lain was about high school bullying (the dead girl with no friends, Lain not existing, the no table scene felt very bully) but the internet and mass media commentary was a good conclusion too.
She discovered her powers when she knew God was dead. And then she killed God.

identity theft

That sounds pretty spot on! I can't believe I didn't think about it. Thanks, user!

Present day! present time!

>People actually have a hard time interpreting Lain
>They throw shit fits on image boards calling everyone who likes it autistic

There are moments that are complete dead ends sure, but the overlaying theme is cohesive and completely within understanding.

Look at how reality is being horrifically distorted by the internet and you'll understand.

>Also they failed really hard at predicting how electronic communication would develop

Yet Serial Experiments Lain is prophetic in how these communication systems would change our relationships with one another.

The point was never to foretell how advanced the technology got, it was to estimate what technological advancements would do to daily interpersonal communication.

From what I could get, the wired and the real world are pretty much connected. Although the real world is what created the wired, the wired has almost become it's own existance since everyone would rather spend their time on there.
Despite the wired being created by the real world, the lines between the two have become hazy, as people are able to access the wired at any given point and time. Kinda like a step up from how we can access the internet at any time from our phones. Since everyone in the real world is so deeply connected to the wired, it might as well be apart the real world.
In Lain, the wired and the real world have become the same, and because Lain was made to control the wired, and since the wired and real world are "connected", she controls both worlds.
But hey, this is coming from some anime hipster that has nothing better to do with his time than think about shows that aired in the 90s