Berserk

It's really hilarious, a single character, just one ruined an entire series that was in the making for years as the top dog of manga.

How does she do it?

She's like trump, only a sign of a systemic issue
in this case it's a sign of the fact that the author is a 50yo batchelor

Sounds like a scapegoat for edgelords The things people complain about in Berserk were in force before she showed up.

WHO CARES SHE IS CUTE

Ruined?
She is the only reason to read this edgy crap

>crap
I'm sure you are just as famous and loved by the world as Miura.

Why do people hate her so much? She never seemed that bad to me

She is best girl and I hope she wins the gatsbowl

Too cute and moe for Berserk, and unlike the rest of gut's party, she actualy get some spot light

I always appreciated her. Unlike Isidro or that feather swinging faggot, but then again Berserk went to utter shit the moment Miura decided to make femto a hax0ring, omnipotent god who can bend space and time at his will.

Manimefags have an aversion to any moe and cute and think it automatically ruins their grimdark, sweaty male fantasies.

Series kind of began its decline when she came around and she's actually gotten the most focus out of the cast outside of Guts. Hell even now during the big Guts battles she has to have some form of presence.

I wouldn't say it's her fault and I wouldn't even say she's a bad character.

It's all on Miura really. Only thing on her is that she's a magnet for gigantic plebs. But that's kinda the direction the series is going.

It's always the authors fault user the drawings can't choose to be shit.

Series has been in decline ever since he started this super team or whatever the shit it is where nobody does anything and just stare as Guts kills everything but tries to make you give a shit about them. The first arcs had characters that were basically just fodder or sexing.

I want to give her headpats

>How does she do it?

She has a butt that won't quit.

Waifufaggotry ruins everything it touches.
The more waifus a story has the worse it is.

Miura needs to man up and massacre half the cast again. Personally I think he needs to start with Casca.

>Berserk went to utter shit the moment Miura decided to make femto a hax0ring, omnipotent god who can bend space and time at his will.
So the second volume? Guts was helpless before them when they came for the count.

Magic.

>tfw re-reading Berserk
>tfw get to the Rosine fight
>tfw it's so fucking cool to see Guts back in his original state
>tfw we'll never see Guts go truly berserk again, setting himself on fire and taking a spear through the cheeks just to win, nearly murdering Jill
>tfw no Berserk fight will ever be as cool as this one, we'll never get to see Guts go this crazy again
>tfw all we have now is lifeless Guts, just chopping things up with no emotion, no real purpose
Hold me please.

I liked Shierke far more than chibi Puck and Isidro.

The only issue I really have about her character is that the WMD-tier magic she brought to the group mitigates the weight that fighting used to have. Now it's just a matter of waiting for her to charge up a spell and they can mow down entire armies without much effort.

But I guess upping their powers was inevitable if they were ever going to take on the Godhand in any feasible way.

> Personally I think he needs to start with Casca.
I don't think I could keep going if this whole journey was just built up to kill off Casca.

The party is huge though. They should ditch a few of the comic relief characters if they want to bring back the tension.

incredibly angry

>tfw all we have now is lifeless Guts, just chopping things up with no emotion, no real purpose

So basically how Guts was since the beginning.

Guts is only human.

If a dimensonal cutting sword can't even touch a godhand, there's a problem.

Her old is she supposed to be?

old enough

>tfw all we have now is lifeless Guts
I wouldn't say that he's lifeless, but he's been fighting for enough screen-time to get a word in.

Bring back Casca. That'd revitalize his dynamic in the group.

Holy shit she is cute. Maybe I should start reading Berserk.

>If a dimensonal cutting sword can't even touch a godhand, there's a problem.

youre retarded, guts isnt going to just cut up godhand in the end. the manga is going to end with griffith trying to take out god hand and failing dooming his kingdom in the fallout because it was all fated to happen again just like it did with skullking. but guts who is out side of causality will show up and do some small thing that will change everything

everything fucking foreshadows it going this

What's her name? Need to Google her for research.

She has a fat sexy ass too

Not at all.
Guts went through a myriad of emotions in the first few arcs alone. He cried when he ruined that one girl's life, threw up when he had to kill that other one. He displays extreme rage when fighting, but has a soft spot for kids, especially abused ones, so long as they keep out of his way. He's a brewing cesspool of hatred, self-loathing, anger and sorrow. His purpose is to kill every demon son of a bitch he comes across, and he'll do anything to kill every one of them. He experiences fear in combat at times, and hesitates to kill Rosine because she a little girl.

Now we have this absolutely life less Guts, who's supposedly "healed". I read Berserk in part to see Guts going berserk, and when he tamed the Beast of Darkness he symbolically tamed his own insane nature, ridding himself of that desperate urge to survive. It's boring now.

Go back Sup Forums

Children hate anything not action packed.

Shierke at least plays an important role in what's going on.

What's Manifico do? When's the last time Puck or Isidro have been plot-integral?

No pics = Hoax

>Berserk is for waifufags
>HxH is for fujofags

Pottery.

Wait there came something after golden age?

Fucking this
I actually like Serpico, it was cool to see that there's still humans who have a chance of going toe to toe with Guts if they do it the right way, despite Guts being superhuman.

I think Serpico and Farnese are great.

They're the only ones in the new group that I'd say have character arcs that can compete with the backstories of the Golden Age.

I really like them, but I think they're a little too bland for that. I could definitely see them having a back story arc together like they did, I think putting them together would fill in any gaps that had in actual character.

i think they were all great until they got magic power ups, guts golden age gang didnt need any special powers to be memorable and useful

what a disaster that power up shit was

I think it made sense that they'd get some sort of upgrade if they were going to be in the thick of fighting apostles on a regular basis, but yeah, I miss the grounded tactics they had to work with before that.

And I miss Corkus.

I miss good Casca.

Dude, that scene has always given me a boner. It's just so fucking smooth looking and idk, the murder feels so good.

Wherever this series go, however long it takes to actually end, just let me see Casca healed..

We're so close.

>we finally get to the healing shit
>lolno hiatus for another year
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUCK

>Serpico gets a sword and cloak that summon the wind and defy gravity
>Isidro gets a blade that burns everything it touches
>Farnese gets a silver dagger

I like that her magic is taking on a different type of usefulness from Shierke's, but Farn got gypped in the gift department.

It's ruined for me by the fact that it's not right. How does her sword pass through the staff of the mace? It's clearly too close for her to go under it, so she had to have cut through, but there's no slice marks.
I want to see her reaction to the new Guts, if she even recognizes him. Guts was always a prick, but Guts nowadays is much closer to an actual monster than he is to his Golden Age arc personality.

>reading latest chapters
>only so many pages left until hiatus
>still had to make room for Puck's comedy bits

>I think it made sense that they'd get some sort of upgrade if they were going to be in the thick of fighting apostles on a regular basis

they didnt have to be, in the 1st 3 arcs guts wasn't just cutting people up real good he was also cunning as fuck, scirpico challenging guts x2 was his best performances in the manga and he didnt even need power ups to do it

>How does her sword pass through the staff of the mace?
Pretty sure her swing went above the guy's weapon, not through it.

? she uses the resistance from the mace to increase the speed / force of her sword when it finally springs loose

Oh shit, I see it now.
Casca is now officially even fucking cooler.

>female knight

How unrealistic.

>I want to see her reaction to the new Guts
I think seeing his scars and missing arm/eye will be a jarring wake up call to just how much time has passed.

His general demeanor has mellowed out during his time with the new group, but seeing the Berserker armor in action will probably bring up monster comparisons.

Adon please go.

I can't wait for another 10 just to see how Guts' party to level up and team up with Rickert's faction to battle against Griffith. It's not a hard job for Miura at this point now that most of pieces have been together.

read they wont ever fight griffith

I want Isidro to realise Guts is the 100 man slayer already. They keep cucking me with this shit.

>feather swinging faggot
Don't talk shit about Serpico.

Guts and Serpico's mind battles were some of my favorite moments, but I guess that a lot of the situations they end up in now are so over-the-top catastrophic that regular swordplay tactics can only take them so far.

~~~~SCREEN CAP THIS~~~~

while the flowerking and party is in dream land some apostles show up and try to destroy the wizard village so guts has to go ham and when casca comes too she sees guts going pure rage without wizkid to calm him down

>feather swinging
He hasn't lost a single tickle fight with Farny since the upgrade.

You can feel the weight of the swing too. The weight of everything in the shot.

ok, but all these situations weren't really necessary at all, and Serpico usefulness to the party doesn't have to be "i can kill stuff too"

he could have easily been the "brains" character, the berserker armour was a mistake

I agree, in that I preferred things when the group had to struggle without magic.

But I'm also not sure how Guts and company would come close to going up against Femto and any of his league of Extraordinary Gentlemen if they didn't have some kind of magical assistance.

What? It's not like Farnese can do things Shierke can't. Her magic isn't any different, it's just shittier.

>Edgefag
Fuck off.

Lord I miss the 97 version's style. And pacing. And atmosphere. And music.

>just let me see Casca healed..

She was raped by a demonic god cock.

Miura already foreshadowed the curve ball with Skull Knight asking Guts if Casca really wants to get fixed.

Casca is not going to be fully healed and more feels are coming for Guts so keep that pic ready.

I know, but she has little personalized familiars now, and will probably take on the shield-bearer role now that Shierke's helping Guts with the armor.

Narratively, I prefer her style of assistance to Shierke's summoning magic, which is basically a go-to win button.

they wont, femto will try to kill god hand. guts and friends will play a small part that will impact heavily and griffith will probably redeem himself in ozymandias fashion, skullking says at the eclipse is the time some small unpredictable thing in causality can fuck god hand up and even the god hand members say how you "cant account for everything"

what are you pointing out with that pic?

I take it as foreshadowing of how the healing process won't simply be an easy transition into how things used to be.

But I refuse to believe that the time on the boat was all for absolutely nothing.

gesric was the 5th godhand, grifiths mirror. just like guts is suppose to be void and become the 1st member of the new god hand, thats why he is carrying around a belith.

i dont know how versed you are in the lore / plot so i dont know where to start

>gesric was the 5th godhand, grifiths mirror.

what?

the wiseman that gaiseric tortured is the 5th godhand/void.

gaiseric is skull knight.

no, void is the 1st god hand, he cant be the 5th that doesnt make sense

the 4 angels who came to fight skull knight (the 5th member IE: griffith) who was already on earth are an already formed god hand with 5 members, how can he be the 1st and last member?

Farnese?

Her tagging along killed he manga, she and Serpico and even Isidro did fucking nothing till they got magic weapons. Farnese still is the only super useless one.

Different user, but did they ever say Void was the first?

I assumed he was the fourth.

This is what happens when you work on the same story since the fucking 90s

Farnese is probably second to Guts in looking out for Casca. The emotional focal point of this whole expedition.

serpico and/or isidro need to die asap

they say he is the "oldest" god hand

void wasn't the 1st godhand.

the wiseman that gaiseric tortured called upon the 'angels' for the sacrifice and became a godhand in the process. (that's why void has a mutilated face)

it hasn't been shown how gaiseric became the skull knight but that's why there's a rivalry between the two.

i may be very wrong in assuming he was the 5th godhand but:

- void wasn't the first godhand
- femto is the last godhand

Shierke is cute.
What pisses me off is that stupid brat. Literally adds nothing to the series except terrible "comic relief".

I absolutely hate Miura's new art style

fuck all of y'all

Its cause its her literal ONE job.

skull knight mentions there is ONE other (possibly not talking about other god hands IE: the idea of evil itself) older then void

void is the 1st or 2nd god hand and it doesn't make sense then for their to be 4/5 angels when the old capital was destroyed

Still a more necessary role than what half of the group has been up to for a while.

but yes, void is probably the wise man who was tortured, but in my opinion void is actually the guts of skull kings timeline

>it doesn't make sense then for their to be 4/5 angels when the old capital was destroyed

it was most likely 3.

if it was 4 or 5, there's a major problem with the story.

Isidro is energetic and funny.
What pisses me off is the black swordsman. Literally adds nothing to the series except terrible gore. I'm not an edgy teen. Grow up.

She's got wards down. Kind of.

i agree, what the fuck happened

>if it was 4 or 5, there's a major problem with the story.

where? if you accept as skull knight being the 5th member and history repeating itself it all lines up. skullknight / grifith show up out of nowhere during a time of great strife and unite all the nations under one banner in a massive capitol city, void / guts who has a massive hate boner show up and fuck everything up with a sacrifice to get their revenge and start a new god hand

where are you getting 3 from?

>if you accept as skull knight being the 5th member

he can't be the 5th member.

slan referred to him as 'king' when they met which means she knows he used to be gaiseric. she would have mentioned something if he used to be a godhand.

zodd being the skull knight's rival hints him being another apostle.

>where are you getting 3 from?

because that would mean that 3 angels (slan, ubik, conrad) came and when void was created they became 4. with femto that makes them 5.