Modcat was fired

Hiroyuki allowed one thread for meta discussion per board, so

Sticky explaining modcat's termination: Thread about Modcat on /qa/ (a bit derailed):

Hopefully being on Sup Forums prevents this one from being derailed.

Go back to

People keep saying he was "abusing the warning system" and "bringing his political bias" into it, but modcat just wanted to be more transparent.

(21:52:39) modcat: the main reason people remembered me in Sup Forums after all these years of my absence was because I always made it abundantly clear that communication was key
(21:53:03) modcat: life got in the way sometimes, sure, but I always made sure to keep people in the loop
(21:53:10) modcat: as often and as best I could
(21:53:56) modcat: I feel that the userbase has become used to the idea that staff are just unilaterally going to clam up and enforce shit without considering how the userbase is going to interpret it
(21:54:01) modcat: and not do any aftercare
(21:54:11) modcat: and that's not ideal imho

This chatlog is from when DJT was moved out of Sup Forums, by the way. It's not from this last day.

fuck off modcat

who fucking cares

This site is dogshit. Everyone should go to Sup Forums for a week now and then pay attention when being anywhere that isn't Sup Forums. It's necessary to understand just how fucked this site is because of Sup Forums and how many people are here nowadays. Namely fucking everyone. Not a steady decline but a nose dive is what this is.

Sup Forums truly is the biggest scourge this site has.

>Everyone should go to Sup Forums for a week now
I see what you are trying to accomplish, but I still hate you.
I'm not setting foot in there.

Since when do we have a >manager?

Wait, so he was the one who got buttblasted over Sup Forums?

Making the site phone unfriendly would be easier. It's not going to happen.

Sup Forums is also shit, but by this point you got to leave those hives of cancer alone otherwise they get angry and spread to the other boards like cockroaches fleeing the light. Remember when that guy who used to run this site before Hiroshima Nagasaki nuked /new/ or the old /r9k/. Now imagine those shitfests magnified 100 fold and you get what happens if anything happens to that scum hive.

My common sense is tingling and telling me that OP is just funposting, stranger things have happened though it's possible.

>going to Sup Forums
>going to Sup Forums
It wasn't funny in 2008, and it isn't funny now.

Crossboarders should be shot on shit.

This is not even a meta thread concerning Sup Forums.

We can do nothing about Modcat being fired, if you just want to shitpost about Sup Forums stay on /qa/.

They would make trouble for a few months and then they'd leave.
At this point everybody's just waiting for Sup Forums to deflate, but it's not going to happen anymore.
People said it was temporary and we'd just have to endure until the end of the election.
Well, the election is over.
The reason Sup Forums continues to grow and be important is that it's so big right now. It's the goto place now for all the rightwings everywhere who feel misunderstood and their feelings stomped upon by oppressive liberals.
Sup Forums should be shut down. But it won't, because it's easy revenue for Hiro.

Then get someone to delete it- oh.

I bet that "manager" is just Hiro so he can speak in plain English without losing his excuse that he can't speak English.

It's not just that you can't read and comprehend what was written, you also do not know what a crossboarder is. You're the cancer of this site.

user, Sup Forums is a sinking ship. You ought to get out while you can, start severing ties. There's no way to plug all the leaks that this place has sprung, we are taking on water fast.

>P-please delete Sup Forums

Holy shit is /qa/ still asking for this?

>It's the goto place now for all the rightwings everywhere who feel misunderstood and their feelings stomped upon by oppressive liberals.
Kojima was right.

I seriously WANT Sup Forums to burn and crash now.
I want for it to die so that a new anonymous anime board can rise elsewhere.
As it is now, we are stuck here.

Long gone are the days Sup Forums cares about moderation.

What exactly do you think this thread is about?

I actually leave this place for months or years at a time now, only popping back in to see how much worse it's gotten and partially because I am miserable husk of a person who's too set in their ways to change completely, but I digress.

>Anonymous ## Manager

You think there's an Anonymous ## Human Resources?

>neo-nazis harassing the LGBT community
He kind of deserved it for this shit on Sup Forums.

But if mods who do dumb shit on Sup Forums got removed, it would be a miracle. TLR chapters still get posts/images removed for nipples.

It is the same as /q/, at least there aren't that much threads about changing Sup Forums to allow recommendation threads.

I saw someone claiming it wasn't actually on Sup Forums but in response to someone complaining on /qa/ about the threads being deleted on Sup Forums. Don't know if that's true, but it makes more sense to me given the mod's general disposition.

It says so quite literally on the fucking image.

What infuriates me the most it's that this pink faggot defended a retard who got his feelings hurt on fucking /qa/ of all places by firing a mod and we are here drowning in shit, piss and diarrhea from normalfags and reddit even when there's a bunch of autists bitching 24/7 about it in /qa/.

Sup Forums at the very least felt like a whole different world even as recently as 2013 compared to now, I'm glad I wasn't just imagining things.

>defended a retard who got his feelings hurt on fucking /qa/
No, this isn't about the guy who got warned.
The image was spammed over Sup Forums, Sup Forums used it as proof that mods are lefties and it spiraled out of control until Hiro decided to appease his main customers.

Why do you use the word fun posting

>his main customers.
Why hasn't he put youtube tier ads on both Sup Forums and Sup Forums is something I could never understand.
He could be swimming in money right now

He deserved to be banned.

He used a ban as a political soapbox. There's no way that's the only time he abused his power.

Good riddance.

Because it's fun

So I can start making generals again? Neat.

I know, but it looks like the sequence of actions was
>threads about this shit get banned
>someone complains about it on /qa/
>gets told they are a nazi who attacks marginalized communities
It's quite obvious that the person who issued the warning also was the one who banned the thread, as well as missing the purpose of /qa/. I understand that shtiposts about getting Sup Forumsa/whatever/ deleted get banned on sight, but /qa/ exists so that the mods can explain their decisions to the anons concerned, not do that.

Still, I agree that it was an overkill to kick him off the team completely (especially when it needs whatever manpower they can get to work efficiently), but he did have the history of abusing his mod status and was first removed from the team by the moot, later rehired by hiroyuki. If he gave him an ultimatum that he can't do shit like this again, then his sacking is valid.

>He used a ban as a political soapbox.
No, he didn't.

Bullshit, modcat has been gone for years.

this webm makes me cringe every time

Did you come up with that phrase on your own?

see

>cringe
Get out of Sup Forums

>Claiming a warning is a ban
>Implying that the mods can "abuse their power" when their moderation is and has always been entirely up to their discretion
>Complaining about situations you clearly don't even understand
Are you pretending to be retarded or what?

Exactly.
Not a ban.

Learn to read.

>ywn have a Anonymous ## Gf

>You were issued a warning!
>He used a ban as a political soapbox.

Pick one.

No, it's a /jp/ thing I picked up a few years back, Memory is fuzzy, might have been 12 or 13, but it was probably a bit older than that.

I almost gave a fuck.

autism

you know what i meant, the warning isn't even what he did wrong it was the way he used it

The guy asked for a reason. he got a reason.
I assume modcat decided to give him the reason in the form of a warning was because he didn't want the thread on /qa/, though I can't imagine why.

That is a valid argument, but just look at this chart showing the increasing chance of down syndrome at older mothers. The risk is way higher than with incest, yet no one cares.

I thought he was fired years ago for using the warning page to try to pick up girls.

Are you new or what?

First reasonable post ITT

I see.

>/qa/ exists so that the mods can explain their decisions to the anons concerned
Really?

I'm a dreamer

If I wanted drama about mods and site politics I'd go to fucking reddit.

>again

Sup Forums has been mostly general threads for years now

if you think it's not a general because it doesn't have "general" or "edition" in the OP, you're brain damaged

>1st for green apple
This is shitposting either way and should be reported.

No, I have been reporting them for years.

HA what a fucking gay

Hiro rehired him, now he's gone again.

The risk of incest is not down's syndrome, but the multitude of recessive and deadly or debilitating mutations that closely related humans often carry.

Where do you faggots get all this insider info on the mod community?

He has been kicked out twice.

There is a torrent on nyaa.

No, it's funposting.

Let's just say I know a guy with a real deep-throat.

Fun is just shit by a different name.

>someone disagrees with me, if I can't prove them wrong, then I'll simply silence them!
You people are the real scourge. Reddit faggots.

Check this.

>Not loving green apple
>Thinking any other apple is best apple
Shit taste detected.

dat Habsburg jaw

>The exact moment when everyone began parroting the word "shitposting", killing Sup Forums forever

>>someone disagrees with me,
If they disagreed with us it wouldn't be a problem.
We lost plenty of things to them, and some of them had value.
>moot
>sage
>modcat

does this threatened Sup Forums or not

Because I honestly do not give a shit anymore.

>>Not loving green apple
That's not the point.
"1st for" is shitposting.

Firstly, fuck your cherrypicking. Secondly, that was hundreds of years of inbreeding between european royal families.
Nothing bad will happen if you fuck your imouto.

>even considering apples fruit
Those are just tree shit and whoever likes them over other real fruits must be shot on sight.

>Moot
A faggot who stopped loving us years ago
>sage
I still sah-gay every post, even if I can't put it in any field but the neutered "option" field.
>Modcat
What a shame, he was a good man.

>There are people who actually believe Sup Forums was at any point in time like the example on the left
I'm sure everyone misses old Sup Forums for those delicious DISCUSSIONS.

Enjoy your Charles II.

>I still sah-gay every post, even if I can't put it in any field but the neutered "option" field.
As everyone should.

>A faggot who stopped loving us years ago
Now we have hiro who blackmails us into paying for passes instead.
I liked moot better, when they were optional.

So the retarded cunt who blamed general threads for all the issues with the board is gone now?

Poorfags gonna poor.

>good man
>power tripping to lecture someone about something political

pick one

Except on /jp/ ;^)

Moot said captcha was temporary.