main: 8992 11175
backup: 4724 6739 13200 15016
mode: USB

>WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW:
numbers-stations.com/media/articles/EAMs.pdf
ominous-valve.com/hfgcs.txt

>CALLSIGN LIST:
henney.com/chm/callsign.htm
panix.com/~clay/scanning/Frequencies/Military/mil-callsigns.txt (out of date)

>FREQUENCIES:
mwlist.org/mwlist_quick_and_easy.php?area=1&kHz=648

>LIST OF ALTERNATE WEBSDRs THAT CAN BE TUNED TO SKYKING:
[Gist] WebSRD_full_list.txt (embed)

>LISTENING STATION LOCATIONS:
levinecentral.com/ham/grid_square.php

>MILITARY AIR TRAFFIC:
global.adsbexchange.com/VirtualRadar/desktop.html
Go to options, filters (check enable filters), and select military.

Alternative WebSDRs that can be tuned to SKYKING:
[Loc FN21mh] fq 4724 8992 15016
[Loc KO04sd] fq 4724 6739 8992
[Loc GH80Ac] fq 4724 6739 11175
[Loc NO13th] fq 13200 15016
[Loc JN70fq] fq 13200 15016
[Loc LO64dv] fq 6739 13200 15016
[Loc FN20xd] fq 4724 6739 15016
[Loc GG53ob] fq 4724 6739 15016
Full list [Gist] WebSRD_full_list.txt (embed)
Location of listening stations - Maidenhead Grid Square - levinecentral.com/ham/grid_square.php

Other urls found in this thread:

memefeng.blogspot.com
websdr.ewi.utwente.nl:8901/
vocaroo.com/i/s0b2EcLbsqdL
vocaroo.com/i/s13PPudgkpGb
amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B0747PX3NZ/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B0747PX3NZ&linkCode=am2&tag=skyking0f-20&linkId=b3a3bcf046da0f25b3ef5fad12e4279b
websdr.ewi.utwente.nl:8901/?tune=4724usb
vocaroo.com/i/s12nLIV2npGI
youtu.be/mvMxIHaHGPA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

What's new with the Skyking thread? I haven't been in here in like 2 months.

Thank God
I haven't been /comfy/ in a long time

Hello! What's going on?

Been missing these threads.

I miss this guy
memefeng.blogspot.com
I was just thinking about you!

i know user i missed being /comfy/ with you guys and it felt fitting to make one grab a blanket and tune it.

has anything happened with skykangs lately?

Anything interesting going on in the radio world tonight? Memefeng gave me advice on setting up an antenna but I never got around to it.

>
I love this kind of stuff. Very 1990's Art Bell.

just turned on the radio waiting for somthing but as of yet nothing so far, but people saying nork missile launch imminent so lets just get /comfy/

Hello, hello. I also run the skykingradio.blogspot.

I'm sorry I haven't updated either lately, but I'm a poorfag who just upgraded my Amateur ticket to General, got my ARRL VEC VE credentials (I get to certify new Hams during their exams) and have been trying to do "Charlie Work" all over my neighborhood to save up for an Icom IC-9001 or a Yaesu FT-991A so I can talk to Europe. I've save $100 so far. :/

Is there any update/question you'd likeanswered on either blog?

I saw that in the news today. What type of stuff do you look to listen to on the radio? Military, civilian, hams, that kind of stuff?
None that I can think of off of the top of my head. I was in the thread when we told you how to use a trip code. I was an American asking you for antenna advice and gave you a bunch of Aviation HF frequencies for the North Atlantic. It's been a while. How are you doing?

bumping

WebSDR im a poorfag wish i had the money to a a nice rig, so military coms mostly

What's the best thing I can do with pic related tonight on a Windows PC?

I'm doing okay. Got in a verbal fight with my sister's French Communist husband on Thanksgiving and I think I've been disavowed by them, but my two elderly and sick parents are well enough that my care for them doesn't require much effort beyond my usual care, so that's better than last year. (18 ER visits in total last year between them.)

So what did you decide on the antenna?

I meant to get something going and ended up working a bunch of overtime at work and then the holidays kicked in. Sorry to hear about your parents. I have a distant relative who is a French Canadian communist, so I feel your pain.

im not extreamly knowledgeable on this subject, another user may be better suited to answer that question but for not use this site,>TUNE IN:
websdr.ewi.utwente.nl:8901/

WW3 INCOMING GET IN:

There's a really nice Nooelec SDR set-up going for $90 right now and all you would need to do is run the biggest piece of speaker wire you can for an antenna. Would work really well for HF.

this is why i made this thread user join us and get /comfy/

well once i get some money i will look into getting that

I have the little antenna in your pic. Is there anything I can pick up? I guess my biggest problem right now is that I'm having a hard time finding good software for Windows. I only have one Raspberry Pi and I'm currently using it for video game emulation.

I used to be a Paramedic, so when my parents both became old and ill (Dad had a stroke and is paralyzed and Mom has Finish Heritage Disease), my sister and I concluded it was best for me to care for them. Neither of us want them to go into a nursing home. (TRUST ME, THEY ARE HORRID PLACES.) I'm very happy to care for them even if it means I have no social life beyond these threads. They're my parents, ffs, and I have no problem carrying my dad from his bed to the couch in the morning and back in the evening so he can watch Westerns and "helping" my Mom cook (I do the cooking) so she enjoys her days that she remembers.

What have you figured out about your set-up?

I understand. It's a great kit for a great price. As a fellow DX lover, if I could help you out in some way, I would.

good lord user good on you and when it comes down to it blood allways surpasses everything, nursing homes are terrible they are not a fun place

Honestly, I haven't had much time to mess with it. We went from hurricane, to back to school (I have elementary age kids), to picking up a lot of overtime for Christmas to Thanksgiving. This Fall has flown by and I haven't had much time to indulge my hobbies.
I'm glad your parents have the opportunity to have you helping them. I know how important it is for elderly people to be able to maintain the "independence" of being at home instead of a long-term care facility.

Shit... The best SDR software I know of is HDSDR and I think it's Linux and Windows compatible.

That antenna you have is best for 400 MHz or higher, you really want an "Active Mini-Whip" (PA0RDT) style antenna (about $30 on Ebay) or a "Randomwire" with a 9:1 Balun/Unun.

In all my years as a medic, the one thing I learned is: FUCK NURSING HOMES.

I'll give it a shot tomorrow. I realize I need a good antenna. I live like 6 miles from a big airport, but I have yet to find software that lets me pick up their radios. I'm assuming it's because I'm setting it up wrong.
I have to get up for work tomorrow, so I'm going to sign off, but it was a nice treat to see this thread again!

Be well, be safe, take care. See you when I see you.

>In all my years as a medic, the one thing I learned is: FUCK NURSING HOMES.
The people in nursing homes are there for a very good reason.

good for everyone involved user
you are a hero

AUTISM FREQUENCIES
2092KHz
281MHz
400KHz
ROGER OVER

gibs me parts list please.
also, any good cheap sdrs with transmission support?

they have switched to morse code
vocaroo.com/i/s0b2EcLbsqdL
This came through over 4724khz 10min ago
I translated part of it as
-.- ..- ...- ... -.. . --- .---- .-- . . --.- ... .- ..--.. -.-
KUVSDEO1WEEQSA?K

And as I typed this another came through:
vocaroo.com/i/s13PPudgkpGb

No, they are there because their kids suck. You must hate your parents if you put them in one.
I'm just a son who wants my parents' last years to be as best as I can provide.
You can find the parts at: amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B0747PX3NZ/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B0747PX3NZ&linkCode=am2&tag=skyking0f-20&linkId=b3a3bcf046da0f25b3ef5fad12e4279b

(I could really use the $$$ [02.5% of a sale] so find the parts list in the link.)

Transmission? HackRF is about as cheap as you can do. $300++ but it's QRP.

websdr.ewi.utwente.nl:8901/?tune=4724usb
Anyone else listening to this massive morse code drop???

I am. It's a repeating code.

>You must hate your parents if you put them in one.
For good reason most of the time. My grandmother is in one because she had a habit of whipping people.

vocaroo.com/i/s12nLIV2npGI
some other high density datastream was sent on the lower band at the same time

My parents never whipped me or my sister. They tried their best to raise me and my sister and did a pretty good job at it.

Well then they have no reason to be in a nursing home. Most people in nursing homes deserve to be there. Don't be fooled by their friendliness.

>/comfy/
Glad you're still around memefeng

when Sup Forums spergs pretend that Tesla didn't go fucking insane and therefore is obviously a reliable source of information. Also, muh free energy.

So i'm a newfag when it comes to this, can anyone explain this stuff?

Kiitos.

What do you need to know?

Imagine knowing enough to help humanity forever but some greedy asshole fucks you over because you were competition and throws you into a social outcast, would you be a rational and sane human being after that?

Listen to Memefeng, he's the king of amateur radio and this thread.

what frequency to tune into, what to look for, general knowledge. I know I sound a bit retarded, but what should I tune into on the websdr to sit back and listen to?

>Do forget, you're here forever
Just wait for the days like POTUS's South Korea visit when we get multiple huge EAMs and Multiple Skykings every day

Hambro here, coming to you for another Skyking thread. Let me take this opportunity to remind you all yet again to buy a shortwave radio which can receive SSB. I’ve been banned and such but I’m back now.

If anybody has general radio questions I’ll try to answer and if you want to know what radio to buy tell me your budget. These are the comfiest threads on this site.

Has there been anything on air said or are you all being non happening faggots again

You're fine, friend.

Just hit the HFGCS frequencies. 4724 USB in darkness and 11175 in daylight.

thanks, I just did that and it went from the grey noise to silent, is that right? what should I expect to hear when the frequency starts? last of the stupid questions I swear

Yay a skyking thread!
Nothing really worth noting at the moment. NK keeps putting on its usual shit show with nothing about to happen. China continues building its artificial islands but has made no aggressive moves against Taiwan, No action on the European front.
Meanwhile Russia is doing the Syria thing still, Zimbabwe is a mess, Venezuela is in chaos, Pakistan remains decentralized. There were some minor things in Afghanistan this week but that's nothing new.

>multiple huge EAMs and Multiple Skykings every day
fuck that shit was off the hook, constant messages all day. In two years of tuning in i have not heard anything like it. The lead up to the election seemed like the second most happening period after Korea visit 2017.

Twas a fun thread. I'm just going to pass out now. Be well, everyone.

The silence is because you turned on squelch, which filters out the background noise. If you have The WebDSR in the right frequency, you will know when there's a broadcast. Will start with "All stations, all stations, break". This video starts after that part
youtu.be/mvMxIHaHGPA
However, sometimes like tonight it's on Morse code.

sooo what Fq should i listen on? It is night here.