Naruto women, and other series

I think I understand why the women in Naruto bothered me; generally they were weak

im not talking physical strength; for example, Temari and Ino are nowhere near being the strongest, but they're still solid characters I enjoy watching. Compare them to people like Sakura(whining about Sasuke), Hinata (meek because cousin), Tsunade (scared of blood) who all have a odd hint of supbar aura. The boy ninjas suffer from trauma too but its more inspirational than inhibiting for them, allowing them to be cool in their fight scenes

is this a valid viewpoint? If so, im sure this can be applied to other series if you know of any

>sakura.chiyo vs sasori
How did kishi drop the ball so hard after that

Because he doesn't have a talent at writing female characters being competent.

just like the real world, women are not made for war. exceptions are wierd

They are ninjas, though. One would imagine that all of them should be exceptional.

>Tsunade subpar
and for that matter Sakura too as her apprentice.
Just because she isn't a ninja jesus doesn't mean she doesn't have the second most powerful punch in the shinobi world.

he didnt really care about sakura

she was average enough to not have much to do

Yeah if I remember correctly Neither Jiraiya or Orochimaru could beat Tsunade in a 1 on 1 fight canon.

neither does oda or any other shounen jump mangaka for that matter.

The only female Naruto character I liked was Temari and that was probably only because she wasn't given enough space so Kishi didn't have an opportunity to ruin her.

thats the thing Tsunade and Sakura were said to be ultra strong but compaired to their comrades (Naruto,Orochi,Jiraya,Sasuke) they were rarely as cool as them

Go to bed Shikamaru

The simple answer is that the target demography is still primarily young Japanese boys, despite its worldwide popularity.

Idk I remember Tsunade doing some pretty boss shit. Like playing paddle ball with Orochimaru by his toungue.

kaguya was the strongest/end boss but what does that mean compared to meteor man madara

was this in Part 1? Im watching it right now and I think im getting close to that fight

Honestly in the grand scheme Naruto and Sasuke really didn't do shit. Besides Naruto convincing bad guys to turn good I guess. Kakashi was the mvp in every way.

Yeah Naruto just has to Nakama power up her so she quits being a selfish apathetic alcoholic. Then she gets OP

I like Kurenai

Protip: women are weak

Making them fightan wizards doesn't change that

So you're bothered by the fact that Naruto women are depicted fairly realistically?

Sorachi (Gintama) is pretty good with women

Oda is okay though. Togashi does competent women and Claymore-man too

The problem is that Kishimoto (and most mangaka) stray away from shounen women fights for fear of alienating their target demographic.

If someone even...attempted to write Sakura fight scenes it wouldn't be hard to show off how strong she is.

She's got powerful genjutsu skills and megaton punches. Hell, if you wanted some development she could start learning more taijutsu to supplement her strength enhancement.

Because all things considered, if she can get in she could basically ONE punch ever single enemy.

She's probably one of the strongest characters but damn if Kishimoto would ever show it.

Missing a girl there

she's still a weak character.

Most of the characters are weak, because they're not allowed any development. But especially the Kunoichi.

I don't care about any other characters than Rock Lee in this shit series, and I will never forgive this hack of an other to have put him into the irrelevant zone

I think the thing that irked me the most besides how weak the kunoichi were, is how all of them wound up becoming housewives. They live in what's essentially a military run village, enlisted, and spent years training. The village itself poured money and time into training them, and they all just drop out and become housewives. Hinata is supposedly the next clan head, and she does nothing but be there as a mom in Boruto. Shouldn't there be ninja daycare or ninja maternity leave?

Hell, half of their children are ninjas. There would not be a lot of issues if the parents continued to do ninja shit in addition to parenting

Maybe taking the first 6 or so years, might be fine. But by the time your kids are 12 they might as well be capable enough to fend for themselves.

Hell, Naruto and Sasuke were already living alone by that age. Not to mention the fact that we BARELY see any parents in Naruto to the point where you might be convinced more characters than just Naruto are orphans.

Honestly housewife seems pretty unecessary in general. It just means you sit around doing dishes and washing clothes all day, which is all shit a dishwasher and washing machine could do. Hell if everyone in the family cleans up after themselves everything'd be fine.

I think Himawari is too young to be at the accademy and there's no schools for kids under 7 in Konoha. So Hinata stays at home. I don't know for the others. I mean, they all chose other jobs. Choji is a food critic if I recall but they all do some mission form time to time

>Hinata is supposedly the next clan head
Didn't she give that job to her imouto?

It was not really clearly said. Hanabi still calls her "same" and all. We don't even know if her father quit. He might still be the clan head. But I would say that it's more likly that Hanabi takes the tittle. Hinata is not even interessted in the first place

shit, I meant, Hanabi still calls her "sama"

I'm watching Shippuden ~215 right now, where Sasuke's fighting the old gang right after the five kage summit. It's insane how simply unrelatable Sakura is as a character, blindly chasing after this person that's shown her no affection and has tried to kill her at least twice in the last 5 minutes. Like, I'm not sure her perception of Sasuke has changed at all since it was introduced as a joke in the first episode.