What happens when you die?

Religious views aside, is there a real explanation to what happens?

Other urls found in this thread:

google.co.in/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwiil-nV7-DXAhWHsY8KHSJ9BJkQtwIIKDAA&url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fjTr5-wtII&usg=AOvVaw0EK7GBC198CAAX6Wt8_z45
youtube.com/watch?v=2fjTr5-wtII
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

pay me 50 shekels and I'll tell you

Your physical existence as measured by mental function is simply a number of chemical and electrical interactions in the brain.

When you die, those functions stop.

There is no evidence for a metaphysical soul, a spirit, an afterlife or any other nonsense.

You fall into a dreamless unconsciousness forever

rot and decay

you're reborn as cryptocurrency

google.co.in/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwiil-nV7-DXAhWHsY8KHSJ9BJkQtwIIKDAA&url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fjTr5-wtII&usg=AOvVaw0EK7GBC198CAAX6Wt8_z45

youtube.com/watch?v=2fjTr5-wtII

>simply a number of chemical and electrical interactions in the brain.
>simply
sounds like you know all about it. say, why do you prove your assertion?

Your soul lives on in a reduced state, and you are immediately judged

I dunno. No one came back to tell me what its like.

Most logical explanation, but most painful to take in

An honest to goodness retard.

All of these answers are wrong. In your wildest dreams you can not imagine the bliss that awaits you. Also, there is adventure beyond compare. Rest assured, my brother.

the pineal gland transmits your soul to the cloud (heaven)

Nothing.

>Your physical existence as measured by mental function is simply a number of chemical and electrical interactions in the brain.
[citation needed]

Flag checks out

You experience the same mental state you were in before you were born, nothingness.

Imagine your parents didn't conceive you and instead had sex a day later and a totally different person was born in place of you because the sperm cell that would eventually become you was spanked out by your dad instead.

You know how that theoretical person doesn't exist and has no thoughts or memories, the difference between him and a dead person is also non-existence.

you figure out you don't.

now that i ruined the big surprise for you...
this is the part where you're supposed to buy bitcoin and have a Merry Christmas ;)

I didn't claim that what was happening was simple, the brain is very complex. When I said "simply" I was conveying what I was attempting to say by summarizing it as straightforwardly as possible. In common language "simply" and "simply put" are often interchangeable in that case.

Now fuck off.

you become a good goy

actually there is a soul inside of you and when you die DMT is used by your body to release your soul from this mortal plane

Why do people unironically ask this question? Do you think anyone here has an actual answer?

>Your physical existence as measured by mental function is simply a number of chemical and electrical interactions in the brain.
That has never been proven.

still can't prove it. you're regurgitating jewish psyops

No brain no feel

I've died before so I know what's up
You go black then you start seeing bright colors sometimes you see past memories usually from your childhood
Then you get this out of body experience it's very strange you're floating as you stare down at your body
Then you get pulled away from your body
It's very strange

People forget what it was like before they were born. They can't understand that's what it will be when they die.

So this is one of those I should take your word for it type of things?

Neurons pass information within and between areas of the brain. Chemicals are used to regulate other brain function. When either of these things cease functioning you die. If either of these stops functioning as intended, the most common side effect is death. This is the most basic physiology.

Why do I get unintentionally shitposted by you faggots?

People who have had near-death experiences, such as actually dying for awhile before being revived, say that everything goes dark and there's a light at the end of the tunnel (heaven) and they often see visions such as angels (or in non-religious people, bees, for example).

Now look at what happens when the brain is losing oxygen. Fighter pilots who do extreme G maneuvers often experience a loss of blood to the brain. This can lead to them passing out, so they have to train to deal with it.

They describe their vision becoming black and white (grey out) and their field of vision becoming smaller and smaller. Eventually their vision becomes like a pinhole of light. This could be construed as the light at the end of a tunnel.

They also describe seeing stars. Sorta like angels... or bees.

So what we have gathered here today, is that dying and seeing a light at the end of the tunnel, are simply the result of your brain losing oxygen.

here's a good one. if humans are "just chemicals" then doesn't that mean chemicals are endowed with consciousness? why are one number of chemicals considered conscious and another not?

This guy right here has figured out the age old question of what is life all for us shitposting faggots. We are truly blessed

still doesn't explain how those chemicals can become aware that they're "just chemicals"

POO IN LOO LMAO

(ALSO IM NOT CLICKING THAT SHIT YOU FUCKING SUBHUMAN)

I've had mystical experiences so I'm not too worried. Gods love is immense but familiar. The holy Spirit will soothe you and Jesus really will forgive your transgressions. "What was in the past is no longer"

God's spirit really does inhabit your body.

Quantum physics suggests that each of us are, individually, immortal. Since we cannot observe a timeline in which we do not exist, the only timeline we are capable of observing is one in which we do. And because it is possible, no matter how unlikely, for each of us to live forever, that is the reality we will all observe.

Earnestly seek after him and he will eventually show himself.

space is round like the earth, it is finite

when you go far enough in one direction you end up where you started again

and time goes on, everything seems irretrievably scattered, entropy seems to rule
but in the end, everything ends up back where it started, more or less

this is reincarnation. What we do in this universe effects the next universe, when the 'big bang' happens again
when you die, you sleep until the universe is remade again.

the ability of man to change the next universe, to make it different than the present or past universe, is free will.
Life seems small, but it decides everything of the future. Your small deeds, your resistance against evil, even in the smallest way, could tip the balance in this universe or the next.

Life is pain, but live as long as you can projecting the best that you can, your actions echo through eternity, and the smallest deed may undo the greatest when all meets again.

through... logic?

heart fails, brain fails, all cells fail one by one and cease to replace themselves

your consciousness practically turns off every sleep cycle, what makes you think having it stop all the way is any more exciting?

and don't tell me some book inherited from sand people is the answer

Whiteys like to shoot in public

We like street shitting.

Is he gonna be okay?

You get pissed in a mead hall and beat cunts up the next day then do it all over again until the end of the world where you beat the fuck out of demons and shit then the world ends.

Look for terminal lucidity...

What's so painful about that, really? Is it painful to go to sleep? When everything stops you won't have any regrets, so that's a good thing.

I have seen the afterlife. Religious views aside, I learned that it really doesn't matter what you think. Atheists can be all high and mighty, God doesn't really give a shit if you believe or not.
I have seen the afterlife and it was beautiful. It was beautiful, but I also learned that life here is the greatest gift of all. You don't exist in "reality" as much in the afterlife/other dimensions. It's very overwhelming and confusing, but still very loving and comfortable.
also ama i guess but everyone is just gonna call me a larper

FUCKING KEKED