>Ruined Scar
>Ruined Winry
>Ruined Rose
>Ruined the homunculi
>Ruined anything to do with the Ishvalan massacre
>May Chang
>Muh happy ending
>Second half is full-on shonenshit

How is this an improvement over 2003 again?

It isn't.
2003 is better and also has better animation.

(You)

Doesn't have a fanfiction 2nd half

It certainly doesn't happen often, but fanfiction can be better than the real thing

Chang was the worst part of the story quite honestly.

>the original manga ruined itself
Alright.

LOL NAZIS

In this case, it definitely isn't though.

It was the way the original manga was. If it did anything wrong it was the pacing of the first half of the series.

>Retarded villain

Because that faggot who used the stone to jump around bodies was so deep and compelling amirite

>Ruined Winry
>Ruined Rose
>Ruined the homunculi

Explain.

Not OP but I did think the jaded Ed at the movie was pretty great. In contrast to the happy Ed at brotherhood.

FMA and FMA:B are generic trash. FMA just has somewhat more interesting side quests around the world.

FMA:B is railroad shounen that is more or less as bland as it comes, everything is fairly predictable if you think about stuff for 2 seconds and every twist is seen more than a mile away

I liked Brotherhood but 03 had a much better concept for the homonculi and didn't devolve into a JRPG midway through

You can really tell when the first anime becomes the fanfiction shit. There's a massive drop in quality.

I liked the further developed Greed plotline rather than him just dying

I really hated the Chinese characters in Brotherhood

Also Lust died too early

Greed and Wrath were the best parts about Brotherhood

Still the absolute best anime Nips has created.

>Winry
Cute character that actually does shit devolves into shitty fanservice character that literally disappears from the plot halfway through.

>Rose
Interesting, important character in the first series becomes a background character in Brotherhood. Her design in 03 was also better.

>Homunculi
Their actions, motivations and origin were much more fleshed out in the original rather than being stock minions to Father in the newer one, ones that most of the time get defeated by just being punched a lot.
Wrath and Sloth were much more interesting characters than their Brotherhood counterparts. The Fuhrer being Pride makes a lot more sense than Wrath.

Horrendous taste. Please kill yourself you fucking shill.

oh, it's this thread again
here is your (You)

ok lets play this game i have time

Shitty 2003 "FMA"
Lets start with the retarded ass Humunculi
>Wrath: Claim to fame is being a whiny little brat that cries for his mommy like a little bitch. Because that's what we all think when we think "Wrath amirite? Also he's Izumi's son....yeah

Lust:
>she's actually really Scar's brothers long lost girlfriend! I know, makes no sense to me either but let's roll with it.

>Secretly envious of humans and wants to be a human like all humonculi in this shitty fanfic version of FMA. Unlike the manga and Brotherhood where every Homunculous was proud to be what they are ( except Envy who was jealous of humans because you know...ENVY)

>She recites an emo sounding verse after killing a guy who was "in love" with her in some shitty filler episode that had nothing to do with the actual plot. No seriously it sounds like something you would see as a caption on a Shadow the Hedgehog drawing on DA. GOOD WRITING!

Lets continue.
Sloth: Oh this one is my favorite!

>Remember that lesson that Izumi drums into the heads of the Elric Bros? You know that you cannot create life and that the dead do not return?

>Well fuck all of thet because humonculi are basically copies of the dead humans you tried to bring back and she is basically Ed and Al's mom

>So i know what you're asking, "user? what's so sloth about her?
> well she has water powers, and spends most of her time scheming while being the Furor's secretary! Also acts as faux mom to "Wrath"

>Envy

>For the most part true to his comic counterpart. Except he is Ed and Al's long lost brother who hates Hoenheim. Because this shit wasn't fan-fictiony enough without that shit!

>Gluttony

>Pertty much the same so i guess not even the shitty Fan fic writing could fuck that up

Because 2003 was emo trash with terrible characters and worse animation.

It isn't but normalfags give it a greater standing because hurr it's true to the manga despite that the anime only ending was well done, even more so than brotherhood's lame "and everyone got what they wanted" copout. FMA 2003 was much more interesting in regards to tone and spent much needed time establishing the early arcs that brotherhood lazily glosses over.

>The Fuhrer being Pride makes a lot more sense than Wrath
Except it doesn't, when you consider that Brotherhoods rendition is Bradley hating humans and all that they are causing him to be Wrathful towards them. Its explained. He isn't proud to be a human turned homunculus, hes extremely mad, all the time and all the spiteful cruel things he does exhibit wrath not pride. The scenes where he slaughters Greed's friends and Blade Boxes that Snake Woman inside Alphonse was cruel and demonstrates just how well he personifies Wrath.

>and spent much needed time establishing the early arcs
And then shat the bed with the filler fanfictionshit in the entire second half, so deserves no credit whatsoever.

>muh dante
>muh hitler
>muh these wounds will not heal ending

Pride:
>For the most part the same except less badass as his Manga/Brotherhood counterpart

>He's also not very Bright as he leaves his one weakness in his house and easily accessible for his "son"to very conveniently bring into the room while he is in a fight and the house is on fire, so Mustang can destroy it and win! GOOD WRITING!

>Greed
>for the most part the same so i guess even the shitty fan fic writing couldn't fuck him up.

>Though it's kinda funny that he is killed by Edward.
>Edward who rather put his own life in danger than take a life, even in the lab where he refuses to kill a soul bonded to armore or even chimera , KILLS GREED! GOOD WRITING RIGHT?

Lets talk about some of the other characters.
Scar
>In the manga and brother hood has an actual story arc where his character actually evols from "muh vengeance" to wanting to create a better country that does not repeat the what happened in Ishvala.

>Shitty 2003 fanfic version goes through no such evolution and dies like a bitch without completing the circle that was going to destroy Amestris. Completely pointless death.

>Also Rose gets raped because, rape is edgy! They make her the figurehead for a Lior resistance because reasons!

Lets talk about the main villain, Dante. Her whole reason for putting things in motion is "muh eternal youth". She's a fucking Disney villain!

Oh and she Wants Hoenmheims cock, she gets killed by Gluttony of all people. Who was fucking petrified of Pride, never mind Father!

What a fucking joke

Then we have Van Hoenhiem

Who Barely does anything or has much agency past getting 2003 Ed something to be Emo over and dying in the jaws of Envy who became a dragon in pre WW2 Germany. Yeah

After you

Then we have the ending. What a fucking joke that shit was!

Hey remember the whole Ishvalan massacre by the Amerstrian military? Yeah that wasn't on the nose enough for BONES so, they gave us GERMANY with proto Nazi's because the other side of the gate is the reel world!!!!!

Good writing, right guys? Oh and Bradley's there, he's Fritz Lang now, Scar is there too with Lust and Rose is Gypsy?

Meas Hues is there too! He's a proto Nazi who complains about the Jews and acts like a dick to Gracia! EDGY!

Also the proto Nazi's are trying to open the gate to Ed's world think it Shambala. Ed stays in lolGERMANY to close the other side of the gate for some reason. ( why exactly couldn't he do it from amestris? )

The whole journey they went through coming to an unsatisfying and stupid conclusion.

I left other shit like
>Fake Elrich Bros
>"not Shadow Lady"
>Donut Steal original Alchemist
but you get the picture. Only people who think that the 2003 version if better than Brotherhood are deviant art kids, who's first exposure to it was Adult Swim.

Whatever your feelings regarding FMA 2003 may be you have to admit that the Conqueror of Shamballa movie is objectively the best FMA content. The story fit perfectly into 1920s Germany and had a bittersweet ending, something that FMA:B didn't allow itself.

It's hardly shit when the fanfiction is better than the original story. Brotherhood is as generic as a shonen can be. The original story isn't better solely because it's the manga adaptation

>something that FMA:B didn't allow itself.
Or need for that matter. Sorry but Bittersweet shouldn't equal badly written

Nah it's shit. Live Journal tier shit at that. An Insult to Arakawa's work

I like both lol
But the 2003 version feels like fan fiction sometimes, and Brotherhood went full shonen at the end with the whole "IKEE" thing.

>and Brotherhood went full shonen at the end with the whole "IKEE" thing.

Not really. I Brotherhood went full shonen shit, Ed would have godlike fucking power wheile the rest of the cast did nothing and he fucked up Father, as opposed to everyone in the cast teaming up to weaken father so Ed could fuck his shit up.

Not to mention Ed isn't a borderline retard who lucks into power, and over the course of the story his supporting cast grows more useless til they are eventually just around for the bad guy to fuck their shit up so the MC can get angry enough to get his next power up.

Many characters have their own chance to be badass and they do just that, they also had actual personalities and character arcs

Oh and i like how it had sense enough to actually end, Unlike some shonen i can mention not out staying it's welcome, no arcs, it stuck to a single story and told it

FMA was more like a light novel series than Typical shonen

Milfs.

Brotherhood babbies SEETHING trying to damage control their shit show.

OG 2003 fags know what's up.

There is nothing "OG" about your shitty fan fic show. It's just that edgy teens love edgy shit and 2003 was edgy as fuck. You can't even dispute any of this shit here
Because you know it's true.

I tried watching this today. The characters kept artificially spouting exposition at each other and the combat seemed like the characters were just taking turns jobbing to each other instead of having prolonged fluid fights. Does that shit stay throughout the entire show?

You also forgot
>worse music
>worse animation
>worse character designs

Yes. Welcome to shonen manga adaptations.

remember that filler episode bout how ed trying to deliver hughes baby slapping his hands together because WHY NOT and discovering alchemy without needing a circle?
yea, i remember

Now that I think about it, Hughes' death doesn't even make sense in 2003. They killed him because he noticed the nationwide transmutation circle, but it doesn't exist in 2003

Both versions suck ass. The manga is superior.

I had the same experience with Soul Eater. To this day I still don't understand why it's so popular.

Style, it's just got good style.

>>Ruined Rose
>Not having a rape baby
>Ruined

Even the style wasn't terribly great, basically just felt like a cross between DBZ and The Nightmare Before Christmas. Which for some reason wasn't as cool as it sounds.

>>Retarded villain
Don't throw stones in glass houses user

Elric brother were suppose to get over their mother death when they failed to revive her.
2003 shat on this development by introducing a new homunculus and keep playing on muh mommy issues.

Brotherhood is better simply because it have better Elric's.

The villian of 2003 is Dante.

>proto-nazis
They were actual nazis what are you on about? The NSDAP existed since 1919. Proto-Nazism would be anti-semitic movements before that time.

> 2nd run is better cuz protagonists are better

Well 1st run is better cuz its better than the 2nd run, so there.

>tfw haven't watched 2003 since 2003
>tfw just realizing the baby was a Rape Baby
Why the fuck did they want her to be relevant again?

fuck off

>FMA 2003
>generic

It's easy to name other shonen that's comparable to (and better than) Brotherhood but what would you compare 2003 to? It's actually unique.

Hold up. OP is trying to be a faggot again, but here's some King motherfucking Bradley.

FMAB is the only shounen with actually good story. Stories of all other shounen just poorly written excuses for characters to have chuuni fights.

Being "unique" is not automatically a good thing if it ends up being fucking retarded.

When the fanfiction is as dumb as theirs was it really wasn't

Seeing it all layed out like that I forgot how fanfiction as fuck 2003 was. Like damn it was stupid. Also you forgot what happened to Shou Tucker cause I recall him coming back as a chimera and it being weird as fuck.

Which was a terrible villain.

>Stories of all other shounen just poorly written excuses for characters to have chuuni fights

And FMAB isn't? Guys like Sensui, Frieza, Rob Lucci, Meruem, and Rao actually have far more characterization than the bosses fought in FMAB do.

Dante was a far, far better villain and character than Father was.

What's up with these faggots lately? These fags are hating Hellsing Ultimate too because they're plebs who saw the TV anime when they were teenagers and never read the manga. They should have been laughed off the board by now.

>circlejerking brotherhood

MAL is that way.

No it isn't. Fights don't span dozens of episodes and don't have chuui ability commentary with power levels.

>Rob Lucci has more characterization than Bradley

This is how retarded you sound, OPfag