Why did Love Live Sunshine fail to surpass the original?

Why did Love Live Sunshine fail to surpass the original?

Because it basically was the original.

Because fart slut Emi Nitta.

Was the characterization any better than the original?

nozomi a cute

Lack of Nico.

>MUSE
>MUSE
>MUSE
Gee I wonder why.

No Nozomi, of course.

No Nico.

No Niko

No Hayano

I don't know what you're talking about. SS S1 was less garbage than OG S1. I'll wait until after S2 to make my verdict.

But it did surpass the original.

Because apparently people think it's okay to compare 2 seasons and a movie versus just one season.

It did surpass the original. S1 was complete shit. Come back if Sunshine S2 fails to surpass S2 (it probably will).

Too much memeing. The original was all about heart, not memes.

The original was about otaku pandering by all means possible.

You just described Sunshine.

And the original

If you disagree you are wrong.

>Dia not #1
>Riko not #2
>Chika not #3
You're the one who's wrong.

>dogfucker

>Hanamaru not in one of your top spots
>calling someone else wrong

The characters or story was all about MUSE MUSE MUSE TOKYO etc. instead of being a slice of life anime like in the country seaside town they're in. Like in Non Non Biyori.

The OP and ED is breddy gud. Show was a let down.

because the japanese didnt want another franchise and SS's flopping plot

The girls look terrible

>Kanan not at the top
Get with the times gramps.

This was insufferable for me personally because everytime they mention muse and how they want to be like them, just reminded me how they are just shallow copies and that I miss the original. If they had tried to do something different and maybe had like 1 or max 2 references to muse then at least they tried something. But Sunshine feels like a stale reboot at best. At least the animation and girls are always nice to look at.

-
worse characters
worse character designs
worse character dynamics
less waifu tier girls
worse MC
characters themselves live in the shadow of muse
+
less shitty drama

The characters are less memorable and the designs fail to stack up against the original.

I see you are a man of taste

No Eli

BUU

Yup.

Because the original was already so well done. Sunshine was not necessary they just wanted to milk the love live otaku.

Fucking this. I haven't even watched the show but I know the name Nico Yazawa somehow.

But Dia was basically the same character as her in S1.
Patrician taste right here.

>Riko
>Dia

>You not first

Only butthurt nostalgia fags think Sunshine is worse. Better character designs, better character development (which isn't really saying much), better animation, marginally better plot. The only thing it was missing was all the fun moments that the original had, but it still ended up being better.

Every franchise has gen wunners.

The constant μ's mentioning got old fast and the Kanan drama while better foreshadowed, was still stupid. Besides that, the show was alright and I'm very certain the season 2 will be an improvement like the original show's was.

Kanan is the Eli of Sunshine and (surprise, surprise) they both are the single worst characters in the franchise.

>But Dia was basically the same character as her in S1.

>they're both school presidents so they're the same !!!!

Original S1:
Pros: More Fun, Marginally better character designs, drama only lasted two episodes, Better group development, better background OST
Cons: Absolutely mindbogglingly stupid drama, took too long for the group to do anything relevant

Sunshine S1:
Pros: Better animation, Better setting, Better character development and arcs, Better insert songs
Cons: Rehashes too many plot points, mentions the predecessors way too much, drama took too long

Sunshine wasn't bad but it just didn't set itself apart enough to make it better than the original. Now we wait for S2.

You forgot:
-she was against the school idol club at first
-she was the one to talk with Aqours after their first live, just like Eli with Muse

I thought most of the characters were better, but the songs and performances were not as good.

What I expected: A new original story with a few references here and there
>What I got: HEY GUYS, HAVE YOU HEARD ABOUT MUSE? BECAUSE I LOVE MUSE, MUSE IS THE BEST, WE SHOULD BECOME LIKE MUSE, LETS BECOME AS GOOD AS MUSE, MUSE MUSE MUSE MUSE MUSE MUSE MUSE

It was fucking insufferable. They didn't let it stand on it's own. It was muse this, muse that. Fuck off already. Shows how much lack of faith they had on it's own product that they had to do something like this as a back-up from nostalgiafags lashing out and ironically enough it had the opposite effect because all you were doing is reminding the people watching about how Muse is over and will never come back.

>drama only lasted two episodes

If your talking about the Eli drama, that was literally 8 episodes. Unless your talking about the Kotori and Honoka one instead. But wasn't that 3 episodes?

>she was against the school idol club at first

For vastly, vastly different reasons. Dia didn't want them to form a school idol club because she didn't want the girls to experience the failure that she did and that's why Mari, being an optimist, wanted to test the girls and push them, and see if maybe they had what it took to do what they could not. Eli was just like "lol im a ballerina, idols are a mockery to true dance, im school president I can do what I want! I want to save the school myself!" That's why nobody likes her bitch ass and it's also one knock I have against the original, the character development wasn't good.

>she was the one to talk with Aqours after their first live, just like Eli with Muse
Naturally.

Autism of hagfags

The problem with hagfags is that they can't be objective to save their lives. They think Muse was perfect and could do no wrong, but since Aqours isn't Muse they criticize them harshly.

The similarities don't end there, BTW.
-Dia was the last member to enter Chika's Aqours. Who was the last member to enter in Muse? Eli.
-Dia HERSELF said her favourite idol was Eli in the anime. ("School Idol and Student Council President at the same time? That's amazing!")

>-Dia was the last member to enter Chika's Aqours. Who was the last member to enter in Muse? Eli.
Mari, Kanan, and Dia literally all joined at the same time.

>Dia HERSELF said her favourite idol was Eli in the anime. ("School Idol and Student Council President at the same time? That's amazing!")

That's not a similarity.

Not enough yuribait.

It got annoying, I agree, but at least they used it to develop Chika's character. Chika realized that she had to stop trying to win Love Live by copying Muse and find her own identity with the group, which is further solidified in that episode when she takes down her Muse poster, showing that she's ready to become a true leader and lead Aqours to their own identity and win Love Live.

For the last damn time, Kanan is the Eli of Sunshine:

>both have Non-existent screentime to the point they are plot devices than actual characters

>both bring up shitty idol drama that is poorly justified and both get magically forgiven when they join their respective groups

>both have nothing resembling a personality or even a quirk and don't do anything at all

>both represent the worst aspects of the franchise (the inability to effectively balance screentime between multiple characters, not knowing how to use drama in an effective matter)

I agree, but just for S1. I still think it's sad how little development Eli got for 2 seasons and a movie. Eli got fucked by drama and never got her own arc.

S2 still has a chance to give Kanan some proper development.

The designs were bad.

The last was Nozomi.

Dia is the Nico. No one takes her seriously, she has a silly as hell personality, and intense love of idols.

>Comparing BUU BUU DESUWA to Nico Nico Nii

Don't hold your breath on Kanan getting better in S2 because the writers are hell bend on making her like Eli. So it will likely apply in general not just S1

>Daisuki
>Hagu
>RubyMaru protection
Nigga what?

As someone who follows more than just the anime, I can say with absolute certainty that they will give Kanan some development in S2 now that her popularity has sky rocketed.

Now, and it isn't very likely, but if Sunshine did potentially get an S3, then every girl would definitely get some decent development. If Sunrise knew Love Live was going to blow up, they probably would have made more seasons of the anime, because it would have sold great and honestly, 24 episodes is not enough to properly develop 9 characters.

Drama is how they get development. See the difference in Hanamaru before and after episode 4 for an obvious case. Eli got one of the longest arcs of any character. You think Umi, Maki, Rin, or Hanayo had it any better?
And Eli did have quirks, being afraid of the dark and Russian, it just wasn't shoved into literally every single scene she was in. The no personality idea is a misunderstanding of the useless slav meme, completely different from Kanan's situation.

>Why did Love Live Sunshine fail to surpass the original?
The direction wasn't as good. The original managed to tell more story within the same amount of episodes.

The girls were great though.

24 episodes and a movie is enough to develop 9 characters. The problem is that the writers didn't to an effective job of using their time wisely which is why Eli (and Rin and Hanayo to an extent) got the short end of the stick.

(You) > Kanan = Yoshiko = Dia = Riko = Chika > Mari > Zuramaru > Ruby

Reminder that Chika was best girl and didn't get enough screen time.

Yeah but it was bad development and did literally nothing for her. The drama made her out to be some selfish bitch, but then when it ended she made a total 180 and became the "misunderstood" serious and caring senpai. It's like, why the fuck build her up in one direction and then go in a different direction at the end? Development was an after thought for the Eli Drama, it was more about plot as someone above mentioned.

Chika Kawaii!

Haven't seen either but can say for a fact
>No Nico
>No Maki

Dia is pretty much Nico.
Riko is pretty much Maki.

If Nico, Maki, or You are in your top 3 then you have the most disgustingly casual taste, I'm gonna have to ask you to leave.

Nice meme

There is nothing wrong with liking Maki, Nico and You. Don't be mad that they are the (rightfully) the most popular girls.

>muh casual taste
It's better than having shit taste, bud. Nico is the best by far.

Is it bad development if she changes after being repeatedly proven wrong about both the seriousness of µ's and her own capability? It's true it was a consequence of events in the main story but why is that a problem? The worst thing is that her importance plummeted after S1 but that happens to everyone after their arc.

Too bad Nico is both in the casual taste list and the shit taste trio of NicoRinPana. But of course, filthy Niconiggers would know all about shit taste

>both get magically forgiven
But Kanan didn't need to be forgiven by anyone but Mari and we saw that.

Also just because you don't like their personality doesn't mean it isn't there.

>He says this while posting Umi
I could watch paint dry every time your dumb slut comes onto the screen and I'd get the same entertainment out if it. Kill yourself.

I'd let Kanan do terrible things to my cock

The problem is that even in S1 her "importance" was her being more of a plot device than a character. Eli is a terrible character in general, not just after S1. Just accept it already.

>lol my raibu has memes! She's the best! Nico Nico Nii!

Thanks for proving once again that Niconiggers are the cancer of Love Live.

The whole point of Sunshine taking Love Live back to 0. Aquors knew they could never rise above the mighty Muse so instead they decided to reform the entire system and create a world where School Idols were free to make their own choices. It was pretty obvious user.

Kanan is cute.

Goddamn the Mirai Ticket outfits were so badass

No one cares about your shit idol

Wrong.

Dia looks so cute.

Love Live Sunshine: The Phantom Pain was AOTY in my opinion.

Say that to my face not online, see what happens.

Kanan is Big Boss
Mari is Kaz
Dia is Ocelot

We need 'shoops of this.

>tfw even Kananfag has a better design than Chika

Literally a shit