Death Note: Live Action

How could they cast black people as L and Near?

Its not a racial thing but why cant these movies stay true to the actual character design and story of them.

Both Near and L were from the UK and portrayed as white people. Why are they now black?

This thread will just consist of Sup Forums shitposts, so fuck off you cunt.

Sup Forums was a bad idea
allowing it on Sup Forums was a worse one

>Blatant racial agenda transgressing upon original author's vision of his own work
>B-b-but Sup Forums!11! racism!1!

Off yourself you inbred manchild.

You bringing up Sup Forums will cause it. Im talking in general the casting in anime movies never actually reflext the characters. It isnt just Death Note. Be more mature about the discussion

It makes literally no fucking difference if they're black.
Why people care so much about this?

I bet you're a virgin.

>Be more mature about the discussion
How about you stop asking retarded questions? It's pretty clear why they are niggas now. No need to ride on that agenda.

Affirmative action senpai

>It makes literally no fucking difference if they're black.

Nice bait, 4/10 got me to reply

It makes literally no fucking difference whether you drink water or acid.
Why do you care so much?

As I understand it, whitewashing is alone in the washing category, everything else is fair game.

Simplest answer is because they want to seem progressive.

Yeah because when people watch a superman movie. We expect to see a mexican representation of him.

Anyone who's ever seen a work of fiction in movies cant possibly argue against this bullshit without being a hypocritcal ass.

We expect the characters to be portrayed AS THEY ARE WRITTEN

Who the fuck cares. It's a shitty tv show with 3DPD people, it's a bottom tier Netflix series, no one but redditors and people who aren't even familiar with the manga or anime will watch this garbage. This is in the same level of Dragonball: Evolution, even if the adaptation didn't have a nigger it wouldn't be any better.

Please fuck off.

At this point, they're just trying to piss off people like OP.

Because America didn't get nuked twice.
And it should.

Hope OP gets an IP Range Ban or Public one.

We care because its an manga work of fiction that will ultimately ruin the series representation and bring more normies into anime culture. Whoever casted these people clearly did not care about the source material

>bring more normies into anime culture.
>normie
>pretending Death Note isn't the most normalfag anime out there
>pretending that Dragonball and GitS had good adaptions
Hang yourself, you redditor.

Confirmed nig nogs. Not nig enough so they resort to tryhard to advance a little higher from the trash bin.

the difference from pol is that this isn't about hating black people. this is about staying true to the source material.

however I feel like this "but it's racist" argument people keep throwing around is exactly what the SJW want.

>I bet you're a virgin.
If you think that's an insult, you're on the wrong board.

Are you retarded or projecting nigga? No one is defending the shitstain in the OP. You're just cancer as well.

>the difference from pol is that this isn't about hating black people. this is about staying true to the source material.
Literally show me one hollywood anime adaption that stayed true to its source material, you degenerate.

If you think you aren't cancer, you should kill yourself.

Still a butthurt nignog. It's only right to complain about shoehorning shitskins where there really isn't in the first place.

Look at these dubs shitpost thread >>>

I care less that L is black than I do about the promo image of him doing an outdoor press conference with a shitty face mask on. Unless they're trying to bait-and-switch us with Lind L. Taylor, it's clear that the creators of this show have no fucking idea who L is or why he would never, ever reveal himself in public.

Fuck off you projecting nigga, you're thread is a piece of shit like you.

hi where are the dubs

Re-dub

I'd be more inclined to believe this if every single one of these threads wasn't laser focused on the black actors. Light is japanese but no one ever seems to mention that. Nope always the black actors.

Check my 6.

Who let this tumblrina in here?

1 of

That makes no sense, nigga.

L and Near are handsome, not some ugly shit like this

WE

No one cares faggot, go cry on reddit or Sup Forums.

Check this 0.

I hate everything.

>UK
>White
I think its pretty faithful.

Why is that monkey standing there and where is the actual actor?
Did that monkey eat him and take his shirt ot something?

dubz
off by one
off by two

WUZ

Why does it male a difference when a white guy portrays a dark-skinned character but it's supposed not to make a difference when an ugly black guy portrays a beautiful fair-skinned character?

I miss the days when making fun of niggers didn't invite tumblr/reddit faggotry like this.

This board deserves to be nuked. One only need toss a look at this thread.

>OP still not banned

>45 posts adn only 4 dubs
agreed

You shouldn't bring that as a defense. That movie was crap, everything the director did in that movie was a huge mistake and he should be burned at the stake for what he did in that movie.

t. nigger

>Both Near and L were from the UK and portrayed as white people

Actually they're all special orphans gathered from every part of the world, so you can't simply assume they are white. Near very likely is since his name is Nate River, however L is asian enough to pass as a Japanese, since he enlisted as "Ryuuzaki" in a Japanese university.

Give me one valid reason as to why should OP be banned, you goddamned, autistic fuckwit.

>dubs
>one in 10 chance of happening
>has happened 8.88% of the posts
>is bad

nice le dub's

How did they get the idea into turning him black then?

Because we had this thread three times and it always ended in the worst shitposting thread on Sup Forums. OP clearly knew that and made this one for the (You)s.

death note was shit anyway
who cares

I'm asking why is it bad when a dark-skinned character gets racebended into a pretty wjite guy but it's not bad when a beautiful fair-skinned character gets racebended into an ugly black guy? It makes no sense. The former can be okay, the latter is a disgrace to the character. L and Near aren't ugly blacks.

Sup Forums rule 1, also he didn't get dubs

You just want your yellowkindoffwhite twink for fapping reasons so who cares if your masturbatory material is now a black guy who is actually a good actor.

I'll say it as many times as I need to:
The problem isn't casting a nigger, but casting a bad actor.

IT'SS HAPPEMIGN

And I'm saying it is bad, thats part of the "everything the director did was horrible". Not only the script but the casting was complete shit, one of the worst movies ever probably on the same tier as dragon ball.

Casting a black guy is a problem when the character isn't black. Black guys are ugly.

XD

>Users fuck up an otherwise legitimate discussion so it's OP's fault. Also, here's the absolutely baseless, subjective premise that he does it to bait out replies

I said a valid argument, you dumb twat. There are no rule breaks here.

casting a nigger is a problem when all the young black actors are complete shit

>it's not a racial thing
>I'm just upset that the actor's race differs from that of the original character

Presumably they had an open casting call, and thought the black guy did the best job out of all the actors who showed up.

Alternatively, this was all a conspiracy by the Elders of Zion to take away your guns and force you to get gay married.

Then why it's not bad when a black guy is casted as a white-looking guy? Where's the uproar against this?

Look, guys, a black supremacist!

checking this dub's with no survivors

gomi

and ugly
blacks are ugly shits

Why are you more disturbed by the fact they turned L black than the fact they turned every single other character white?

The simple answer is that this isn't an adaption any more than "Edge of Tomorrow" is an adaption of "All you need is kill".

It's just a retelling of the story set in America instead of Japan.

So if I cast a black guy as fucking Naruto you'd be ok since he's a good actor?

>Black guys are ugly
Nice try whitey, we all know the real reason is that you can't admit to yourself that you're aroused by the thought of getting pounded by massive black dicks.

Maybe the uproar got over casted by the general hate against the movie as a whole? I don't know anyone (not a very big sample size I know) that liked anything about the movie. Lets wait and see if this death note movie flops or does well. If it flops we can make a fair comparison by doing this: Do people still hate on the white guy being picked for a black person or do people shit on the movie as a whole?

If however the movie does well I don't know how to make a fair comparison.

>Why are you more disturbed by the fact they turned L black

Because L isn't some ugly shit like blacks are, duh. I don't want to watch a movie where my husbando is portrayed by some ugly shit.

can you post an example where it wasn't an uproar and the film was considered a success?

That's the thing. Having it set in 'murrika is a mistake because you have to jam in the token nigger so as to shove it to everyone that this is AMERICA and AMERICA EMBRACES DIVERSITY!

Because in america the blacks are the detectives working on cases in law enforcement?

Your argument is just the worse.

So you don't like Atlanta. Big news!

Shut the fuck up you shitposting faggot.

>Yesss dumb goy, i'm going to dismiss an entire argument by labeling you a conspiracy theorist. Also, affirmative measures aren't a real thing, listen to me dumb goy

You do realize back then people give him shit for doing that? granted getting a child Inue actor would be hard, let alone two

And Aang actor was Native American, funny how you left that out ...

dobs

Nice argument, you fat, neckbearded simpleton.

I'm starting to wish that white people were banned from posting anything online

>Maybe the uproar got over casted by the general
hate against the movie as a whole?

Nah that's bullshit. The uproar was entirely done tumblr bullshitters screaming racism and attaching racism to everything in the movie. Of course though, when a black guy ruins a white-looking character that's fine because it's okay to be racist against whites.

>Because in america the blacks are the detectives working on cases in law enforcement?

Some of them are.

DUDE WHITE SUPREMACIST LMAO

Look at this thread and tell me how it isn't terminal cancer, nigga

if dubs, post lolis

>You do realize back then people give him shit for doing that?

So why aren't they giving shit to the director for doing the exact same thing now?

anyone pulled the hot choclate joke already?

They're spies sent by their Crips and Bloods overlords.

I'm just trying to be unbiased, and to do this I want to give it a chance to see how both sides react when two films do the exact same thing (just favoring different ideals) and get similar results.

this
>watching 3D adaptations of anime
>watching hollywood shit
>watching netflix tripe
>watching CG "anime"

I shiggy diggy doo

I just don't get it because he is a stereotypical shut in. If they can make it believable I can get over the casting but after changing his race they are probably going to change lots of stuff about his character.

Please reply to this post

>I'm just trying to be unbiased

No, you just don't want to admit your hypocrisy. Racism is okay when it's against white and white-looking people, that's what you think.