What's better: Berserk or JoJo?

Choose one.

jojo in the long run

The best parts of Jojo are better than the best parts of Berserk, but the worst parts of Jojo are worse than the worst parts of Berserk. Berserk is more consistent in quality.
Parts 4 and 7 are better than any of Berserk, but Parts 1 and 5 are worse than any part of Berserk.

this though

personally, art in berserk is better than araki's early style, but SBR and DiUB blow berserk out of the water.

berserk still has better backgrounds tho

Berserk is better than parts 1-4, parts 5-7 are better than Berserk.

we did get this in part 5...

agree about part 1 as araki was still getting warmed up and wasn't nearly as confident in his work.

Part 5 still had plenty of good stuff in it, but the ending was such a clusterfuck that it really dragged the whole thing down. Also, Fugo just fucking off halfway through because Araki's lack of planning bit him in the ass.

I liked part 5 better than part 6. Fight me

The real question is, why are we comparing these two extremely different things?

It was more that he had a solid plan for Fugo but then didn't go through with it because it depressed him too much.

>the ending was such a clusterfuck
what?

true
it'll make a fine anime, in my opinion. does have a lot of very good fights and is extremely action heavy compared to part 4.

also fugo just going "idk lol" and buggering off was...well, retarded.

choose one then?

Early Berserk > Early JoJo
Late JoJo > Late Berserk

Berserk peaked early and is just "cool fighting scenes" now

Jojo only got better with each part; part 8 is great

JoJo wins

there are differences, true. regardless, both are seminal, long-running manga with gor(e)geous artwork.

I like them both a lot. Berserk is better in the beginning and has slowly stagnated and it becomes obvious Miura isn't interested anymore and JJBA has only gotten better with time after a mediocre beginning and you can tell Araki loves what he's doing. Purely for the soul of the series I have to go with JJBA since that spark that made people fall in love with it 30 years ago is still there and stronger than ever before.

I don't think keeping Fugo and just having Purple Haze disintegrate every problem the gang faced would be a very interesting plot.

This is the best way to describe it

Berserk up is equal to JoJo up until Shierke joins. Basically for me:
First half of Berserk > First halfish of JoJo and vice versa with the later stuff of either series.

>Choose one.

No. Go fuck yourself Sup Forumstard.

This 100%.

I agree. Part 5 had Araki write himself into a corner a lot of times.
>stand with unstoppable killer virus that only Giorno can counter
>lol just make him leave
>stand that can skip in time and nobody in the gang had a counter
>lol Gold Experience Requiem

i agree, but taking him out of the picture could've been done with more grace. as it is rn, it feels a bit contrived and forced

Berserk is stuck with the same old problem of going on forever and taking breaks, while JoJo avoids it by having conclusions to each part.
If Araki had to make stories about Jonathan and Hamon forever, you bet it would end up being stagnant. But because he was willing to kill off his MC, he managed to find a new story to tell.

Yeah Araki could have handled Fugo better. Like I get that he didn't want to draw Giorno killing Fugo but he could have just changed his character arc and have Fugo come around after the betrayal or something, anything other than him never reappearing after he fucks off because he doesn't want to go against the entire gang.

>didn't want to get assraped by the devil
Seems pretty natural to me.

Read Purple Haze Feedback, it's an LN about Fugo that expands on his past and gives him some closure.

Jojo might actually end before the author dies, so that.

best represented by the transition from part 6 to part 7

why does everyone complain as if Fugo was literally erased from the story or left for no reason

Araki executed that last-minute change very well. Buccellati said he was going to betray the boss, and that no one had to come if they didn't want to.

Fugo is literally given several panels of him talking about how everyone doing this for some girl they barely knew made no sense, and how there was "no way" he was going to do this. It even ties in with his character. He's a rational thinker when he's not angry, as shown with one of his earliest interactions in the series being with Mista, where he points out how unreasonable it is for Mista not to eat those cakes just because there were four of them, and supported by his high IQ and manner of speaking. The last panel shows he stepped back up the stair from the boat and chose not to go with the gang.

Fugo wasn't written out because of Purple Haze though, he made PH OP as fuck because he intended Fugo to be a double agent for Diavolo but he was going through a rough patch at the time and decided he didn't want to draw two friends trying to murder each other. It's still kind of shitty but it wasn't a planning issue. Only KC was when he realised there was no way to write a convincing one one fight against it because the ability was that good.

I have, and I like it a lot, but I do wonder what could have been if Araki had been willing to go through with the traitor plot thread.

its okay to have shit taste

I wish Fugo didn't get shafted but the whole traitor thing for him doesn't feel right either.

Both are fucking great
But the manga is way better for each one i gotta say.

Why would I fight you when you have excellent taste and can recognize a shit part?

Berserk by miles. Jojo is utter shit.

Berserk have jojo reference in it so jojo wins

Both of them jumped the shark years ago

Jojo, it already had kinda an end and a sequel in another reality. I might be killed or something and most likely I'll never see the conclusion of Berserk.

Ranks are retarded, but I'll do one for the sake of simplicity
Vento Aureo(>Jojolion)>Steel Ball Run>Diamond is Unbreakable>Berserk>Phantom Blood>Battle Tendency>Stone Ocean>Stardust Crusaders
If I had to choose one, Jojo all the way.

Can't argue with that

JoJo is fucking terrible overall. Part 2 is the only good one.

Berserk is great until Schierke and Isidro, when it turned to shit.

Since Berserk is a pretty consistent manga, while JoJo varies wildly, you can't really compare the two as a whole.

>Worse than Berserk
Phantom Blood, Battle Tendency, and Stardust Crusaders

>On level with Berserk
Diamond is Unbreakable, Stone Ocean, and current JoJolion

>Better than Berserk
Golden Wind and Steel Ball Run

my nigga

The two series are so radically different there's really no point in comparing them.
They have their low points, and high points, but everything from characters to tone to the execution of it's intended premise are completely different.

This, is Berserk.

And this, is JoJo.
It's just pointless to compare the two

why do VA fags act like their part is so persecuted

t. SO fag

Jojo
Any other manga is trash

It's got a bad rap for having poor translations that borderline ruined quite a few characters.

Do you guys think Jojo will be over soonish? I don't like reading manga that isn't finished, and I'm already reading Berserk. I think I'd start Jojo if it would be likely finished in a few years, but I don't wanna follow a(nother) manga for 2 decades.

I liked Part 1, it's so fucking ridiculous and young Dio with a suit looks great

One Piece

You can pick up now. Each part is pretty much self contained.

Otherwise hard to say. Shit's been ongoing since the 80's user. When the current part does end, I suspect Araki has at least one more in him. And right now, that has 2 years left to go minimum.

Because it is. Most people who shit on it are SBRfag wikireaders who want to fit in.

t. DiUfag

JoJo is over 900 chapters user, it'll take a fucking while to catch up regardless. Each Part is it's own self contained story with defined beginnings, endings and characters with a bit of crossover between and a very loose main plot throughout the first 6 Parts that barely has an effect on the main plots of each Part individually except in 1, 3 and 6. So that's 7 complete mangas in one that you can enjoy, and for the most part JoJo gets better as it goes along. Part 1 is pretty average but very short, Part 2 is a lot better as is 3, Part 4 is better still and at some point in Part 5 Araki surpassed Berserk in overall quality since you can tell Araki actually still enjoys making JoJo while Miura is kind of burnt out after his 30 year run, and his writing improves vastly from 5 and onwards as well. And Part 7 is a reboot which changed magazines because originally it was it's own series with characters named after JoJo characters as references until he decided to just reintroduce Stands and name it Part 7. Definitely worth a read, and if you don't want to wait for Part 8 to be finished then just finish everything up to the end of Part 7.

Thanks anons. I think I'll give it a shot.

Anime only fag

You can't compare the two.

It's like asking which is better, food or sex?

You don't go to either looking for what the other offers.

That said, in typical Sup Forums fashion, whether they care to admit it or not, Berserk wins, because it isn't as mainstream as JoJo.

Haha, man you'll never finish Berserk. Miura would roll over and die instead of finishing it.

Just start reading JoJo. Or whatever, they'll probably animate all of it because of how easy it is to animate and how much of an audience it has. It's fine to only watch it.

both are shit

You can't gauge the two. But if one has to, Berserk has the better story(Once again, not fair because Jojo is broken up into many different), Berserk has the best protagonist (Guts compared to all Jojo's), Berserk has better drawing (ESPECIALLY during the millenium Falcon arc and Sea God).

Is part 7 really that good?

Because Fantasia is really bad

>whether they care to admit it or not, Berserk wins
this.

Jojo is garbage and a getaway manga for people with low iq. Berserk has great artstyle but apart from that it's boring

I'm a man who loves both Berserk and JoJo. JoJo is definitely more enjoyable, but Berserk is simply better written. JoJo kinda fluctuates in how good it is, some parts are definitely better than others (SBR best) while Berserk is consistently great. Also, Araki actually updates. Miura is almost as bad as George R R Martin when it comes to timeliness.

Cool, now fuck off to your moeshit threads now.

I bet your favourite is Joseph

Pretty much this. Although I would argue that anime Battle Tendency is better than Berserk with GW and SBR. Because honestly anime BT was just that much better than the manga version.

They'll probably stop animating it after part 6. 7 is a different universe so 6 is a good place to stop, and 7 would also be incredibly hard and expensive to animate since like 75% of it takes place on horseback.

But then we'll never get the animeonly rage after He later died of a cold.