What went wrong?

What went wrong?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=w_l3U4A_AAo
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Anno left and took with him some artists. Imaishi left and took with him the rest of talent there.
Anno now tries do destroy gainax with lawsuits. The sad thing is that alone, neither Trigger nor Khara hold a candle to how glorious Gainax once was.

Give them time. They have the talent.

They pissed away all their talent

Yeah, seriously look at the rebuilds and mememe! Animation and art-wise they are fucking great.

i hope you're being sarcastic
trigger and khara are shit

Anno when left on his own devices.

At least you tried.

Have they though? Gainax at least was pretty good at perfecting what was already out there and added subtle new things in each show.
Khara only makes the rebuilds. Trigger either makes meme shows "so bad they are good" or shit jerking off themselves because they are "different and special".

>Have they though?

Yes. Absolutely.

The rest of your post is such blatant garbage that it's either obvious you are trolling or are just have shit taste. There's no point talking to somebody who thinks LWA is "so bad its are good"

The very fact that you use the term "meme show" completely discards your right to an opinion, even if you're being facetious.

>mememe! Animation and art-wise they are fucking great.

To be fair Anno didn't direct that shit. Hell, what he's doing with new animators is the most praise-worthy he'd been doing since EVA tv.

I wonder just how deep the contrarian hole goes.

/thread

_______;_;_______

They continue working after Wings of Honneamise

Are you mistaking plot for animation and artstyle or are you just an edgelord?

"no, hideaki, you'll NEVER direct Nausicaa 2"

Melody of Oblivion, I just finished that today and while the last episode was decent it also gave no real ending, was loaded with stock footage in the last third, had too much ecchi shit, the villains were bland, the heroes had nothing going for them, the writing was lazy, it jumped around sometimes, slow pacing, and.... Okay, the music was actually decent. It's like ConRevo except not as jumpy less pointlessness.

>Hell, what he's doing with new animators is the most praise-worthy he'd been doing since EVA tv.

His Japan Animator Expo is really a great source of innovative and quality animation styles. It reminds me of the 80s and 90s compilation movies like Neo Tokyo, Carnival, and Memories, but just a lot bigger and with a lot more variety.

Fell out of touch with being original.

Their last breath was Panty and Stocking

robot carnival > animator's expo

so that's where all the butthurt came from all of a sudden, no P&S2 announcement.

No, it was the last show they've made.

Absolutely not.

I disagree. Robot Carnival is way better. That doesn't mean the Animator's Expo isn't any less amazing though.

It's where the majority of it is coming from, but really PSG was their last decent show.

I don't think anything they have made or announced is worth picking up

can we at least agree that japan animator expo > young animator training project

Uru in Blue in 2018

>Their last breath was Panty and Stocking
No.

>generic looking moe shit

Nah, not from Gainax, someone else I wouldn't care or bat an eye to but I expect more from gianax

they have to fund UiB somehow

why the fuck does it look so generic

I'll believe it when I see it. Those faggots have been teasing it for 25 fucking years now.

That garbage flopped harder than PSG, so no

Figurehead animators and directors moved out to Khara and Trigger, subsequent productions have been commercial failures, they're betting half the company's fate on Aoki Uru (or another project maybe, depends on whether they get big shots behind them and on what) and the other on new subsidiary studios like Fukushima and Kyoto if memory serves.

Did you even watch the show?

Sales =/= quality

>Sales =/= quality
Only when the shit shows you like flop

If only it looked that good, maybe it wouldn't have been so shit.

So Twilight must be one of the greatest books ever written then if we're going by just sales.

It is.

Anno deciding to be jewish by suing impoverished tomato farmers. They were going to produce so much good, QUALITY muslim anime but then Anno decided to be a jew and sue them.

>muslim
Leaving the rest of your shitpost aside, why muslim?

That's Bones, dummy.

>so deep in your trolling you stoop to saying Twilight is good just to avoid conceding your point is flawed
Wew-fucking-lad.

So much awful taste itt.

Please never resort to memes again, because as right as you are it just makes you look like an idiot.

What happened, the tomato crop failed or something?

>young animator training project
Huh, didn't know about this, but it doesn't sound recommendable.

>there are people in this thread thinking Anno directed any of the Nihon Animator Mihonichi
You guys missed the whole thing's point.

I don't think there is anyone who thinks that.

At least watch Wasurenaguma, Little Witch Academia, Harmonie or Death Billiards before making assumptions.

Your point is even more flawed for believing every garbage show that flops (like Pleiades) is good

I was just going off of:

> japan animator expo > young animator training project

but that's another one for the backlog, considering those names. Thanks.

Little Witch Academia and Death Billiards came out of that. YATP is the official name, but you might know them under their previous popular name, Anime Mirai. They have had to change it for 2016 to Anime Tamago though.

He absolutely did not say or imply that.

Make up your own goddamned mind you cretin.

>running your own slippery slope in reverse
I'm not even the other guy but he in no way implied that. Cute strawman, though, bro.

So sorry that not everyone who watched your car commercial didn't think it transcended its status as a car commercial.

The young animator project has an actual purpose, it started out as a government-funded thing to make sure Japan had a new generation of home-grown animators. The industry has kept it going. With all the outsourcing to Korea and China, it's a pretty big deal.

If the output is full of apprentice marks, that's fine, that's why the program exists.

pleiades was trash

Anno needs more money to build his own real geofront so he's suing them for their last penny

Even if you were right, it wouldn't need to in order to be a good show.

True. I actually haven't watched it yet and was just seeing what kind of response I'd get out of you.

>Wasurenaguma
Wasurenagumo. Oh, I need some sleep.

But the Japan Animator Expo is great too. Both projects aren't really comparable anyway so the comparison doesn't make any actual sense.

Just to give you an idea of what the four I named are:
>Wasurenagumo
The story of a little spider girl with pretty dark origins who starts living with a librarian. You may have seen the ending somewhere because it's kind of a slap in the face.
>Little Witch Academia
I'm gonna assume you know what it is, but basically it's just Yoshinari having fun with cute witches and smooth animation. Got a second movie and a TV series will be airing very soon.
>Harmonie
This one is the one I remember the least of the four since I probably watched it the earliest, but it's about a girl who's a bit out there and a song. Yeah, vague, I know. It's good tho. By Eve no Jikan's director.
>Death Billiards
Death Parade's pilot, it's really good (though I prefer the series, but that's beside the point). It's about a bar where people go after their death to play games to decide their fate.

Okay.

There was some Saudi-Arabian project that Gainax weren't making themselves but were helping fund or something. The animation was by some arab weaboo

I don't have the youtube link handy but I'm sure someone else probably does

Oh, I do remember something along those lines, now that you mention it.

found it

youtube.com/watch?v=w_l3U4A_AAo

At least the Young Animator Training Projects were fully fledged shorts

Many of the Animator Expo shorts are blatantly just pilot films, they're like pitch fodder rather than any coherent narrative worth watching. Iconic Field especially suffered from this, even if it was nice to see Yamashita work on something that isn't EVA. I actually really like the way he draws people

Thanks for the info, m8s. I'll check them out.

I don't see this as a negative or positive thing.

Not that many, but yeah, there was a handful of unfinished pilots, which was damn frustrating.

Stuff like Ryuu no Haisha, GIRL, History Kikan and KanĂ³n more than make up for it though.

Getting past all the arguing, Pleiades was a pretty good show.

Please make me want to see it. I'm curious to see what Gainax's latest work was but I have too many other series to see first to care about it right now.

>Please make me want to see it

Someone on staff actually read an astrophysics textbook.

I haven't, so I probably wouldn't notice.

That doesn't look like a screenshot, is it one?

The best thing I can say about it was how competent the show was. The start was a bit shaky, the middle part was well-made, and they nailed the ending. It had pretty much the perfect Gainax ending. It was easy to forget that there was a car commercial somewhere deep down inside.

The best reason to see it is to see just how well Gainax took their last bow. They didn't just fade off like AIC.

Sounds good enough to warrant a watch, at least. It'll wait in the depths of my watchlist though.

Thanks.

It's from one of the artbooks. There wasn't much merch, but the quality of the art was good.

Personally, I think some of their magic was gone when they started adapting manga to anime, I guess the first one was Kare Kano, but my first disappointment with them was Mahoromatic.

Don't get me wrong, I like Mahoromatic, but my expectation of it was too high. It was the first time Yamaga was going to direct something since Honneamise, I was expecting to get my mind being blown away by a cute robo maid, and instead I just got a kinda regular ecchi anime that didn't really stand out like previous Gainax works did, and since then, their works have been hit and miss a lot. I liked some of them like Abenobashi and Gurren Lagann, but I didn't care for stuff like Puchi puchi whatever, and blabla goshujin-sama.
I really liked the Cutie Honey OVAs, probably one of the best Gainax adaptations they ever did.

But to me, FLCL was the last time Gainax was really great and magical.

>to me, FLCL was the last time Gainax was really great and magical
But user, Panty & Stocking was in 2010.

I watched it, it was funny but it didn't really get me crazy.
Maybe I'm just old, I have really great memories of being a teen watching stuff like Honneamise, Otaku no video and FLCL, I just never felt the same again watching their newer stuff.

A
FUCKING
CAFE

Never ever.