Dragon Ball

Other urls found in this thread:

kanzenshuu.com/2016/05/09/future-trunks-arc-announced-dragon-ball-super/
kanzenshuu.com/translations/dragon-ball-super-history-book-akira-toriyama-introduction/
animenewsnetwork.com/interview/2016-10-26/dragon-ball-super-toyotarou/.107579
kanzenshuu.com/2016/10/14/shueisha-establishes-new-dragon-ball-room-initiative-support-future-content/
kanzenshuu.com/translations/dragon-ball-super-manga-vol-1-tori-toyo-interview-web-version/
kanzenshuu.com/2016/09/30/dragon-ball-xenoverse-2-collectors-edition-to-include-bonus-toyotaro-manga/
youtu.be/HM20wwzl4Ds
kanzenshuu.com/translations/dragon-ball-super-manga-vol-2-toyotaro-sensei-super-anatomy/
kanzenshuu.com/2016/11/30/dragon-ball-super-manga-collected-edition-vol-2-cover-art-toyotaro-comment/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Zamasu

Toriyama’s involvement in the anime and manga:

kanzenshuu.com/2016/05/09/future-trunks-arc-announced-dragon-ball-super/

>Anime Involvement:
I write an outline of the entire plot, then the script writers break it up into episodes, expanding on things, changing things around, or adding in new bits as need be. Even I haven’t checked the final script yet.
Let’s enjoy this together (laughs)!!

kanzenshuu.com/translations/dragon-ball-super-history-book-akira-toriyama-introduction/

I had put Dragon Ball behind me, but seeing how much that live-action film ticked me off, and how I revised that script for the anime movie and complained about the quality of the TV anime, I suppose somewhere along the line it’s become a series I like too much to ever leave alone.

>Manga:

animenewsnetwork.com/interview/2016-10-26/dragon-ball-super-toyotarou/.107579

>It sounds like you have a pretty close working relationship with Akira Toriyama. He gives you the outline and you make changes. What is the most interesting thing about working with him?

Every month, I'll create a storyboard for him to review, and then he'll give me input and suggest changes. When I'm working with Toriyama, there are many portions he gives me props for coming up with, but he is very particular about other things and always points them out for me to correct. And when he corrects me, I think “Wow, I guess I don't completely understand the way he looks at things,” so his corrections and feedback are incredibly accurate and helpful. It's a lot of fun to be able to get closer to his way of thinking
-Toyotaro

kanzenshuu.com/2016/10/14/shueisha-establishes-new-dragon-ball-room-initiative-support-future-content/
>Shueisha Establishes “Dragon Ball Room” to Expand and Optimize Content
Shueisha revealed that it had newly established a “Dragon Ball Room” on June 21st of this year. Its goal is to break down barriers between departments to expand and optimize the globally popular Dragon Ball franchise.
The announcement was made at Shueisha’s new publication planning presentation held in Tokyo on the 12th. Although the Dragon Ball Room falls under the umbrella of the rights division, its section chief Akio Iyoku also serves as editor-in-chief of V-Jump, where the Dragon Ball Super manga (the original story of which is overseen by Toriyama) is serialized. Iyoku says that, “in practical terms you can think of it as handling both the rights and editing. It’s a new experiment to have a department that only thinks about Dragon Ball.”
Akira Toriyama, the original author, commented that, “I was wanting to keep this old series alive and kicking even in the modern day with help from Shueisha’s excellent staff, so for me this team is dependable and a real godsend. It’d really be great if this way I won’t have to do anything!!!!”

>Messages from Toriyama:
kanzenshuu.com/translations/dragon-ball-super-manga-vol-1-tori-toyo-interview-web-version/

I’m really grateful to you. I never thought an artist like you would come along to draw the continuation of my story!

kanzenshuu.com/2016/09/30/dragon-ball-xenoverse-2-collectors-edition-to-include-bonus-toyotaro-manga/

I’ve been drawing manga less often these days, so Toyotaro has has taken up the mantle of drawing Dragon Ball. I still contribute the basic ideas, but Toyotaro’s wonderful skills allow the Dragon Ball universe to be brought back to life in the present.

youtu.be/HM20wwzl4Ds

>More Manga Interview Information:

Speaking of the manga, I want to ask you two about how you put the manga together. I hear Toriyama-sensei checks the storyboards for each chapter.
Toriyama: That’s right.

Back when Toriyama-sensei was drawing the manga, the animators would use his manga panels as reference, imitating the composition and things like that. And now it seems that the animators are likewise using Toyotaro-sensei‘s manga as reference.
Toriyama: Oh, that’s good! That should keep them on track!

kanzenshuu.com/translations/dragon-ball-super-manga-vol-2-toyotaro-sensei-super-anatomy/

>What’s your process working with Toriyama-sensei?!
I draw a rough draft based on Toriyama-sensei‘s original story, then I send it to my editor, who gets sensei to check it. It’s an honor to be able to give concrete form to sensei‘s ideas, but sometimes sensei will send over a part he drew himself, which sends me into an uproar, going back and forth between being all hyped up and feeling really down in the dumps.
kanzenshuu.com/2016/11/30/dragon-ball-super-manga-collected-edition-vol-2-cover-art-toyotaro-comment/

Since it’s Akira Toriyama-sensei doing the original story, the manga has a slightly different approach than the TV anime, which results in a different kind of production. I hope you all enjoy that aspect of it for volume 2!! And I hope you keep reading!!

Thanks user. I almost forget all of that.

Why does Cell not have a mouth

You're welcome, hopefully this will help keep the shitposting at a minimum and we can enjoy both mediums.

Probably because animating individual mouth movements was beyond their budget/patience/ability

I wonder if this is the last arc. Dont know what they could do if all the other universes are destoryed unless something interupts the tournament and stops Zeno from destroying all the losing universes.

I doubt it. They're gonna be pushing out Dragon Ball content for awhile since they're making so much money

Got some Super questions

so im part way through Zamasu arc, and he just explained how he swapped bodies with Goku and killed him

Goku doesn't exist in the Future Trunks timeline, and Zamasu doesn't exist in the prime timeline. So how the hell did he accomplish this feat? Is it yet another timeline? So now we have Prime, Future Trunks, Future Cell, and Zamasu timelines?

And along the same lines, the spare time machine is from the Future Cell timeline, where he successfully killed Future Trunks and stole it. Yet it returns Future Trunks to his own timeline. What's the deal?

Also, Buu never awakened in Future Trunks' timeline because the Androids' killoff of Earth's population meant a ki shortage. With Zamasu and Black running around, wouldn't there be more than enough energy to open Buu's sealed ball?

DB time travel hurts my brain

You gotta admit compared to basically any other live action anime adaptation it is probably the best.

Yes it's another timeline.

>And along the same lines, the spare time machine is from the Future Cell timeline, where he successfully killed Future Trunks and stole it. Yet it returns Future Trunks to his own timeline. What's the deal?
You're supposed to assume Trunks knows exactly how to get to his own timeline.

>Also, Buu never awakened in Future Trunks' timeline because the Androids' killoff of Earth's population meant a ki shortage. With Zamasu and Black running around, wouldn't there be more than enough energy to open Buu's sealed ball?
Did you forget? Trunks and Supreme Kai killed Dabura and Babidi. They showed up on Earth much later in Trunks' timeline because they had to scour the universe for energy.

DB time travel isn't confusing. Each trip through time creates a new timeline. Toei just fucked it up and mixed timeline theories.

CUTE

The future Trunks that came back was different than the one that left. When Cell stole the machine and went back it created another new timeline, where Cell didn't exist in the future because he went back in time and died. Our current future Trunks is from that timeline.

Please don't post this non canon crap user

>They showed up on Earth much later in Trunks' timeline because they had to scour the universe for energy.
also in the main timeline what drew them to earth faster is cause of the large amount of power gohan and cell dished out in their fight.

Will my man Gohan ever rise to prominance?

No he isn't. The Trunks from that timeline was killed by Cell. This is the same Trunks from the Cell arc.

How do you feel about SethTheProgrammer?

Is he our guy?

>each trip through time creates a new timeline
That's not how it works you moron. Or else Gowasu at the end would've seen 10,000 new time rings.

A new timeline was created when Beerus killed Zamasu due to him
having a time ring.

>This autism every thread

You know, just because the anime is bad doesn't mean the manga isn't. Toei has done a lot of shit wrong, but the manga shares some of the fundamental problems of super with it, in addition to the new ones it brings to the table.

Judging by his video titles he's a huge fucking autist and everyone trying to do in-depth analyses of Dragon Ball for youtube needs to kill themselves. That scum-sucker MasakoX gets a life pass for his TAS work, barely.

Thats what Im saying. When the Trunks that warned Goku of the androids left Cell killed him. The Trunks that came back from a differnt timeline.

He'll get his time to shine in the universal tournament. That is if he doesn't just get taken out instantly by whoever the arc's villain is

Its worse than you think.

You're an idiot who clearly can't read. When you go to a new time period in the past, you create a new timeline. This has been explained in the Cell arc you idiot.
Trunks is the reason why Goku doesn't get body jacked by Black in this timeline. He created a new timeline when he went back
Whis saying Beerus created the timeline is a Toei fuckup, which they themselves contradict when they say Trunks caused it on their graph

>mentioning lack of time rings
You idiot, that doesn't prove your point, because it's already missing an extra timeline that was confirmed to exist in the Cell arc

>"quoting the authors directly is autism! xD"

The Trunks that came the second time trained with Vegeta in the time chamber so when he went back already knowing about Cell he was nothing. but the first Trunks didn't so he was no match for Cell.

God damn, that's some Ulillillia level of assburgers.

No it's the same one. The one Cell killed already defeated the Androids. The Trunks who talks to Goku hasn't defeated them.
Your theory would have Trunks come back, warn Goku about the androids he can't beat, then return to the future and suddenly defeat the Androids.

>Your theory would have Trunks come back, warn Goku about the androids he can't beat, then return to the future and suddenly defeat the Androids.
That was the implication, yes.
It is thought in his timeline, he learned how to defeat the androids in the past, then went to the future and used that knowledge to kill them. He was killed before he returned to report his success.

That said, the fact that cell causes the first timeline split kind of shits on that because all timelines outside the main FT one include his dormancy and therefore his appearance later, but let's not even try to pretend the cell saga's plot is airtight.

>It is thought in his timeline, he learned how to defeat the androids in the past, then went to the future and used that knowledge to kill them. He was killed before he returned to report his success.
But that's just it, he didn't figure out anything. He killed Freeza, gave Goku medicine and went back to refuel then jumped to the 19 and 20 battle. Not to mention the Trunks Cell kills is 3 years older.

And like you said, we never saw Original Trunks outside of him being killed. The first Trunks we see is already an alternate Trunks created by Cell messing with time

Gohan will punk out like a bitch, just like he did with Cell, Buu and Freeza. He then will have to bailed out by his father, Vegeta, or Piccolo again.

>being in denial about kissless non-virgin Goku

>This is the first time Goku and Android 17 meet

>Android 17 just tries to straight up shoot him when they meet

>Goku actually defends it and then they have a laugh because 17 says it was worth a shot

>Piccolo or Vegeta go if he'd tried it before they fought Frieza again it probably would have worked

The time travel doesn't make sense if you take it in context with the Android Saga, the logic went that you could only go back to your future you came from
if you time traveled by using the same time machine, but that got totally fucked since Black blew up Trunk's time machine and Bulma brought out the one Cell used

I'm honestly not sure if it makes any sense at all

No listen carefully this is where it gets confusing. The Trunks that meets Goku goes back and defeats the Androids. It's never explained how he managed it except that the original timeline androids were much weaker. They say Trunks was on his way back to tell them how to defeat the androids when Cell got them meaning the androids hadn't been awakened yet in the main timeline. That Trunks never even met the Main timeline androids. When Cell killed Trunks and took the time machine he created a timeline with no Trunks Cell or Androids so this timeline is now totally irrelevant.

Now when Trunks came back to help with the androids the second time he was coming from a timeline where he didn't kill the future droids yet, which means Cell hadn't considered needing a time machine.There was no reason for that Cell to attack Trunks yet which is why he could come back. Sadly the very first timeline had no returning Trunks, so Cell wins. that is what this fanfic is with Kid Trunks from the main timeline.Basically in the first timeline everyone dies but we stopped being in that timeline when Trunks came back again. Basically the moment Trunks returns we are in a new timeline and it branches from there to

1. a timeline where everyone dies and cell goes to the past.

A timeline where the z fighters defeat Cell with the help of trunks

And the one where Trunks never comes back and Perfect Cell wins the tourny before leaving into space to probably die to Beerus somewhere.

Fuckiing time travel man

Blame Toei, they added in Cell ship. In the manga, Trunks says he kept the settings at the same time he always had them on, that way he was guaranteed to go to the same timeline

I think the implication is the unseen timeline's trunks did go back, and killed the androids in the past along with the Z fighters. Cell never showed up. Then he went to the future, killed his own versions, and was killed by cell.

I'm aware why this interpretation creates contradictions, but it's the one that works best for me.

>And like you said, we never saw Original Trunks outside of him being killed. The first Trunks we see is already an alternate Trunks created by Cell messing with time

No, the F.trunks we meet is from the original timeline. Cell never appeared in his timeline's past and his androids were weaker supposedly because cell wasn't in it.
The Unseen trunks is honestly a huge problem that doesn't really work right unless he's from the original timeline as well. I like to think cell going back created a time paradox in FT's original timeline which causes the unseen trunks, because he just doesn't work as a separate timeline's character.

>The time travel doesn't make sense if you take it in context with the Android Saga, the logic went that you could only go back to your future you came from if you time traveled by using the same time machine
He can use any time machine to go back to his own timeline, as long as he uses the same settings.

That was in the manga, stop blaming everything on Toei. Toriyama is a hack too.

No it wasn't. Cell's time machine wasn't used or mentioned at all in the DBS manga. It was an addition by Toei to reference more of the past.

Oh, my bad, I thought you meant something else.

No it says in the series Trunks whole point in coming back was to tell them he found a way to beat the androids before Cell stopped that Trunks

>It was an addition by Toei to reference more of the past.
More like Toyo cut it out because he's a slow shit, it just happened to work in his favor.

Oh yeah? So then do the amounts of timelines with the time rings make sense? At least it sounded like to me that Super was inplying Trunks only made one or two new timelines when it's supposed to be 3 new timelines and the one we're in now.

Don't forget a timeline where Trunks goes to the future and kills Cell and the Androids and Then Zamasu gets the whole univers wrecked.

Ohhh that makes sense. I forgot that there's a timeline where Cell has the Cell games and wins because of no Trunks
This makes it seem like the heroes were fucked without Trunks. I guess in that timeline Vegeta and crew killed 19 and 20 and just went home. Cell then goes to the lab, absorbs the sleeping Androids, then hosts a tournament

Now this is the question: Why didn't Goku and Gohan's training work in this timeline?

The Cell time machine thing is pure padding and isn't needed for the story at all.

Neither is playing Mario Kart.

The oldest time ring was from someone other than Trunks traveling through time. Looks like they completely ignored Cell's timeline, even though supplemental work by Toyo released explaining multiple Trunks.

by that logic his time machine can also travel across different timelines at will, if you have the 'right settings'

What humanoid/not giant DB character has the biggest dick?

damn has a point

>More like Toyo cut it out because he's a slow shit
How is he slow? He's already drawing the new arc and sending it to Toei. The manga is only behind because Vjump is monthly

No he doesn't. Mario Kart was like 2-3 pages max.
Such a poor excuse from Toeishills

Hey user, read the pic in

Baby

Having them destroy the machine and pull out a new one could have been told in about as much space.

It was fun padding at least. He also needs to add some fun stuff since Toriyama probably asks him to, as he seems to care more about gags than about the serious parts. Toyotaro is not competing with the anime to get ahead of it anyway.

That's the point you idiot. The Cell time machine wasn't in Tori's outline. It was added in by Toei.

Not really, it could easily have been cut because then there's be no space for mario kart.

You're an idiot who's contradicting himself

Goku Blacked

The Cell that wins the Tourney is another future Cell. Its just in the timeline where he wins Trunks never came back. The zfighters had their hands full with Androids not knowing where the lab was from future Trunks and everyone was easy pickings to be ambushed by Cell if he wanted.

The reason Trunks not being there makes Cell win the most is that his snipe when he gets back kills someone else like Vegeta or Gohan.

Except Toyo doesn't cut story details from Toriyama. Hence why we have SS Black before Rose when Toei just skipped it and went straight to Rose.

You're assuming that just because they added some filler they would have added ALL filler.

Toyo cut out whole arcs, buddy. Assuming anything in the manga must have been toriyama's idea is some laughable confirmation bias.

In that Live action they have Tenshinhan being killed during his Kiko attack on 2nd stage Cell, but he is perfect because Piccolo Vegeta and Krillin couldnt stall him from 18 without Trunks.

Now I know you're retarded.
Welp, thread's been invaded by idiots

He made three chapters for RoF though.
But honestly, I think he did well when he decided to not waste his time with RoF, since there's already the movie with the script written by Toriyama.

Keep in mind this Piccolo never fused with Kami and this Vegeta never got SS2

>those gross bleached-out orange brick colors

Every time. Disgusting.

Goku Black is not a "big guy".
The GoD of Universe 4 is the token "Big Guy"

Gokamasu was big

>Gokamsu
Basically translates to cum drinking crossdressing

Every thread?

Can someone explain to me why people assume Toyo has to rush things in one chapter to supposedly be ahead of the anime? It seems like they're not understanding what Toyotaro meant.

Toyotaro has already drawn the next arc and handed it to Toei so that they can follow based on his work. Toyo can basically continue on with his manga as so, only this time, when he reaches the new arc, it'll be on point with the anime since it's HIS work. The Black arc doesn't have to end in one chapter.

is a cuck

if it keeps the shit posters away then yes.

Toriyama has already written parts of the multiverse tournament. But we have a Hit filler arc from Toei first.

Hit a cool dude.

Some people seem to think it's a competition between Toei and Toyotaro.

They also don't understand the difference between production schedule and publication schedule.

not anymore he isn't. He is a joke in the anime now with his "Forbidden Assassination no Jutsu! xD" tier asspulls.

Goku is effortlessly killed in a filler arc

I mean it's not like its anything new but I don't know how anyone can hope to fight that nigga based off that.

The last episode kind of ruined him. That invulnerability power is garbage.

*teleports in front of you*

I have come here to kill you.

* *raises fist *

Time to get to work, kid....

People think Zen-oh is going to destroy all the losing universes.

I'm calling it right now. Goku says that wouldn't be a very nice thing to do Zen-chan they all have friends just like you. Oh I see you sure are smart Goku. *Everyone from 7 winces at Goku being called smart*

This is why I don't like Zen-oh. He is too quick to blow up entire universes full of people. What kind of God would make a tournament as retarded as that?

Zen-oh is literally a kid given unparalleled power. If you were a kid, and had that boundless power, you'd do stupid shit for funzies too.

This is the same god that didn't care that some mortal broke his jurisdiction by time traveling and bringing another version of himself into his timeline.

Also, he didn't care that his gods and angels were being massacred/deactivated across the universes in the future. Fuck Zeno.

Zen-oh willl never become a villain. First off nothing could possibly stop him. And second he has already fallen for the mystical charm of Goku and will let him get away with anything now just like Beerus.

Should I read that dragon ball multiverse fanfiction comic shit or is it a meme?

Here is my headcanon final super boss
Fat Buu goes evil and absorbs Uub becoing full on Majin again. Beerus casually obliterates him not realizing his monumental fuck up. Buu goes to the afterworld now even more immortal and absorbs all the Kais killing Beerus. Then he fins the time rings and uses them to travel to every time and absorb everyone. Before finally absorbing even Zen-oh, because we find out Zen-oh can destroy everything but is frail and Buu gets the drop on him. But Buu decides not to destroy all the universes because that would be boring and there is no food. And he starts traveling all the universe absorbing people and eating candy until they use the Super Dragon balls to trap Buu in the universe he is in and seal it, and to take the Kai's out of Buu which brings Beerus back then the second Zen-oh destroys that universe.

Bra is /ourslut/.

sauce

>HIT, YOUR TIME SKIP WONT WORK ON ME AGAIN

>That thing that I couldn't deal with last time you used on me, and I still haven't developed a real counter to, and you're basically just as strong as me regardless won't work again.

Goku is kinda stupid. Just because your power level increased doesn't mean you've grown immune to things, Hit's method of attack is an instance of this. Unless you develop a counter to it decisively you aren't going to overcome it, and simply powering up isn't a counter

Kaio Ken isn't a counter, Hit isn't going to let Goku power up next time around and use it.

Although unlucky for Goku Hit turned out to have two more tricks up his sleeve, and finally used those Assassin techniques he claimed to have at the end of their original fight that he wasn't allowed to use since they're too deadly

Seems that all of his attacks have to do with time; skip, fast forward, etc. It looked like he disappeared from time for a moment when Goku couldn't punch him, and then reappeared a few seconds later.

Although it sounds like so far in the arc that Goku or Whis were the ones who hired Hit in the first place, so they could finally have their all out fight.