Just rewatched the first season and it was really really bad

Just rewatched the first season and it was really really bad.

Why did we even like this show again?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7zzdyCWrHmc
youtube.com/watch?v=ui_uqVa16cc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

we dont its trash

Because namek.

>"we"
"I" like it. Couldn't give a fuck what you think about it. Should be vice verse.

Nice stealth thread.

youtube.com/watch?v=7zzdyCWrHmc

Yeah, nah. First season was crap.
The jokes aged poorly. Halfway through S2 it starts to become more tolerable.

The quality jumped when they stopped breaking the 4th wall.
It dropped in the third season when every other line became self referential.

fuck off you post-ironic millenial shitstain.

what did he mean by this?

Damn MOOT

Am I the only one who loved Gohan in season 1 and then hated him every since? He has become such an pretentious little twat? Also agree on the self referencial jokes in season 3.

Our standards for a production on goddamn YouTube were massively lower back in 2008. This was the same year people like the Nostalgia Critic was popular, and if you go back and look at his stuff from the time it too is awful.

Now, in 2016, we have near television quality expectations of YouTube materials. Well, those of us who aren't fucking twelve year olds watching PewDiePie do, anyway.

Interesting fact: tfs members were discussing on their podcast their desire to remake season one, because it causes them pain just to look at parts of it. They also, during their hosting of amateur abridged series, mocked their first episode mercilessly and expressed how much better a lot of the amateurs were than they were in their first episode.

Honestly, I liked it better than I do now. The recent episodes have gotten too bloated with their own abridged mythology.

I still unironically love their Frieza.

Show quality climbs after Vegeta shows up.

it was better than a lot of things at the time

At first I was getting tired of the "Gohan has daddy issues that he never had in canon" stuff because people were actually starting to think it was legit. even though Goku leaving most of the time couldn't have been helped considering circumstances around it.

But as long as Gohan gets slapped with the irony that the next time his dad dies, it'll be HIS fault, then it's whatever

> But as long as Gohan gets slapped with the irony that the next time his dad dies, it'll be HIS fault, then it's whatever

To be fair his dad did make the incredibly poor decision to give a senzu bean to the super powerful enemy he himself couldn't beat. I think we can split the blame 50/50 here.

>Why did we
You have to go back.
>>>/gaia/

>first season
Even TFS admits that the first season wasn't great. That was years ago and they were still getting started.

This too.

No seriously, get this shit off Sup Forums. Sup Forums loves youtube bullshit.

It was funny and entertaining.

>tfs members were discussing on their podcast their desire to remake season one
please happen, I cringe at every myspace joke
sooo fucking outdated

youtube.com/watch?v=ui_uqVa16cc

only one I ever saw.

Other way around, I prefer it now with their own lore than back in the day when they made IRL references and constant 4th wall breaking.
Also Krillin Owned Count... so fucking cringe.
Although I feel like episode 54, 55 and 56 have been pure filler. TFS team is lazy as fuck.