What does Sup Forums think of the RE franchise?

What does Sup Forums think of the RE franchise?

Very good show

There are several threads up already.

Sup Forums enjoys it but is pretty tsundere for it due to it becoming so popular so quickly. Most Sup Forumsnons would consider it maybe a 7/10, I'd say? Good but not HOLYSHITAMAZING like most normies/redditors think.

It was a mediocre show with few excellent episodes and hype to back it up.

The anime are all shit.
The manga are alright I guess

Franchise peak right here.

It's horrible and I hate it!

I have to watch the show. I got forced into watching it and I'm so afraid of it. I know that it is shit, i hate subaru and I know everything that will happen. I tried to watch episode 1 last night, but I could get past the first 10 seconds. May Haruhi have mercy on my soul!

Sword Art Online 2.0

you should ask them instead

plebs

Mediocre anime with plenty of suffering and a collection of excellent moments and kino.

Nice exposition there boys. Really subtle. God, I'm going to have a great time, won't i?

I want it to be finished so I can just skim and read all the Satella bits

Why does this fucker look so ugly. This is got to be the most disgusting character design I have ever seen.

Because he's a disgusting otaku NEET who thinks the world will bend around his will and dreams.

Fuck the isekai genre.

Jesus!

I read through this on Sunday.

Pretty good. Looking forward to more.

The shopkeep has a point, why the hell is lada over here, dressed like a gopnik? Just give him a bottle vodka and have him Slav squat.

Hahahaha

Again, really subtle. I always refer to myself by my full name, while I'm thinking before a fight. I mean, what if life is a tv show, and I am the mc? How else would people know what my name is?

We are really going with this, aren't we?

But he's the protagonist he needs to show off just how special he really is.

Yeah. It's an isekai series, so what else?

Looks like the author couldn't decide, if he wanted a pathetic loser mc like shinji ikari, or a self insert badass like kirito, so he went with a little bit of both.

Wow, this show is meta as fuck. It just tells me outright, what watching the rest of it will be like.

Just who the hell do you think I am?!

I am the worst girl since Asuka from eva!

Furry fetish.

So this is the main waifu of the show?

Miura should sue.

B-B-BAKA!!!

It's as shit of a genre, as the day, that subaru has spent in the parallel world.

>So this is the main waifu of the show?
A look-alike of her.

Lap pillow, because of course!

That's what he said.

So, it's a plot device?

Oh god, she must have used her magic to take a peek at subarus dick.

His motives are so clear to me now. Subaru is just over compensating 24/7.

Meta...

Concrete REvolutio > RElife > REwrite > REzero

Tfw everyone wants you to leave, but you clearly can't take a hint.

SATURDAY NIGHT FEVER

And this would have been the perfect point to reveal his name, in an introduction, not shoehorned into a inner monologue.

Because he is the MC, and that makes him special.

Mastrubating =/= working out.

And he is just the worst kind of self insert character ever. You can't be both Sup Forums and /fit/. You have to pick one

Nah mate. He's got a good dad that's pushed him into excercising. Have you watched the series before, or is this the first time?

A regular otaku locks his basement door, and keeps an axe or a katana nearby.

I'm watching it as I post.

>owning an iphone
>watching anime on your iphone

Just know there's a reason for everything and his behaviour gets better. I'd say everyone hates him until episode 10 or something.

And I'm Guy in'cognito.

Re:zero does not deserve any better. I mean, I'm also watching macross, but that is a good show and deserves to be downloaded and watched on a computer.

Will the reasons be explained this season? Andi have to watch ten episodes, before I can stop hating the damn mc? talk about breaking the three episode rule, I would have dropped this show right now, If I weren't obligated to watch it.

Fuck off furry puck, I have great taste in anime.

this ain't Sup Forums

I hate it when anime characters cry. I hope to god that this is the last time someone cries in this show.

I understand this metaphor!

Jewbaru is the guy who makes anime like this every season...

...And the little girl is the audience.

Re:Zero was too good for its time.
Give it 10 years and people will regard it as a masterpiece.

and then even more people hate him until the last 5 or so episodes

>Will the reasons be explained this season?
No. There's still a ton of speculation about the underlying motives and actions regarding everything, but the reason Subaru is a pathetic cunt is because he's a dumb cowardly weakling trying to emulate his father's behaviour and failing miserably at it, making it clear he's merely pretending. He also thinks he's stuck in one of his anime isekai series, for some completely inexplicable reason.
The anime itself is relatively mediocre, with a few high points, plenty of enjoyable suffering, some kino moments, a good soundtrack and so forth. The web novels themselves are superior and the anime cuts out a lot of character interaction and personality, especially from Rem, who is much, much more likeable in the WN and waifubait moeblob in the anime. The author also hates the traditional wish fulfillment isekai series and is a sadist, so the WNs are right down my alley.

Only the Remfags.

>still chooses emilia
>rem literally lives for you
what the actual fuck

Fetish for silver-haired girls because Subaru is Flugel and Flugel loved Satella.

Meta again.

I bet it will be forgoten once another big isekai Starts airing.

>plenty of enjoyable suffering
I hate suffering and edgy stories.

>I hate suffering and edgy stories.
Then go watch something moe. The story itself isn't edgy, but it's full of suffering and the world is shit.

More fetishes.

Brings back memories from my first date.

>Then go watch something moe
I can't, because i have to watch re:zero, and I really hate moe.

Next big Isekai will be Death March and that is pure garbage. Will probably a memefest series because the MC have no problem fucking hookers but will not touch his loli harem.

>The author also hates the traditional wish fulfillment isekai series

Then why did he write one.

Does someone have a gun to his head forcing him to write Isekai but he is cleverly rusing them by making it not wish fulfillment (though it still is)?

How fucking convenient.

>Then why did he write one.
To sell copies and subvert the tropes. He's going to have to finish the series before we can actually say anything further, but there's semi-crackpot speculation that Subaru is originally from the series' world and is either a reincarnated or bodystolen sage
>though it still is
What exactly about it is wish fulfillment though?

That cat is in desperate need of a mana transfer. Fsn style.

>at the end of the arc, he kills himself so he can metagame a 100% run where he saves the loli, fights the thugs, get Emilia to introduce herself as Satella, and procures the emblem in 1 saveslot.

Would have saved the series if it turned into Subaru's autistic 100% run.

>hikki NEET gets sent to a paralell word with a super special power with a fated waifu and cute maids
Gee I wonder

You could literally have his balls chopped off within the first 10 seconds and it would still be wish fulfillment. Its past the Wish Fulfillment point of no return, the terminal border. It could go full Berserk-Eclipse with Reinhard/Emilia as as stand ins for Grifftih and Casca and it would still be blatant wish fulfillment.

Do not fuck the Pack.

Pretty colors.

>Next big Isekai will be Death March and that is pure garbage.
SAO was the big isekai, and it was garbage. It does not matter how bad the show is, normies will still love it.

>What exactly about it is wish fulfillment though
For starters, Subaru is not a chubby, long haired, leather coat wearing, smelly neckbeard. If it truly was a subversion of the isekai genre, than subaru should have been like that. Making subaru a handsome and super strong neet, shows that the author was afraid to go all the way.

fpwp

>they will never sell out one of their own.
>the first guy that walks by, literally sells out one of their own.
How fucking convenient.

le autistic image poster dumping his shit.
Why is this allowed?

No amount of gomenasais will make up for being the worst girl.

>For starters, Subaru is not a chubby, long haired, leather coat wearing, smelly neckbeard.
How many of those does Japan have?
>If it truly was a subversion of the isekai genre, than subaru should have been like that.
Not much of a subversion when many isekai have done that before.
>Making subaru a handsome
A delinquent looking, average guy with nasty eyes.
>super strong neet
He's just slightly above average for a gook, since his father's pushed him into excercising. Half his behaviour is him just copying his dad, which becomes a point later on in the series.

OW!

THE.

>worst girl.

Oh user.

She has not even begun to worst. Just you wait.

EDGE!

Nice blog m8 i r8 8/8

And about the time resets. This is the cheapest gimmick in the book. The mc can do anything he wants and there will be no lasting consequences. They try to create tension by making him go mad, and having him be afraid that he will run out of second chances. Both of those do not change the fact that this is still cheap plot armor.

Let's take a look at berserk for example. Guts might literally have a suit of plot armor, but he still has to live with all the consequences of his actions or the actions of others that have affected him. He still has to push forward, with his one and only chance at life. Imagine I guts had time resets.

>they save Griffith
>griffith causes the eclipse
>guts witnesses it and does
>he wakes a few days before, has a freakout and then decides not to rescue griffith.
>no eclipse, 2 eyes, 2 arms and sane casca a.k.a no consequences.

>The mc can do anything he wants and there will be no lasting consequences
Except that he starts smelling like the BBEG worse every single time he dies and he has no control over the points he returns to.

>he starts smelling

Whew, you sure showed him.

You forgot that he doesn't not control the checkpoints. There will be time where 2 of his harem member "dies" and he gets a checkpoint after that so he can't save them anymore.

I want to punch him.

Yeah, the smell's the kind that makes people want to kill you on sight because the thing you smell like absorbed half the world into itself and the only ones who smell like it are either cultists with a connection to her/it or the thing herself.

Okay, I'll give him some slack for not understanding that he time traveled, right after the first time. But better figure it out soon.

watching this anime since yesterady, now at ep 21, they talk way too much of things that makes no sense and too much exposing dialogue

The show is ridden with plot hole and retarded decision making

In the early ep subaru jump from a cliff to save rem then latter is afraid of dying when everyones is dead

Worst story with this type of time reboot, used very badly here.

No consistence in mc madness, one time he's brain dead then good again..

Name 5 recurring characters who can "smell" him.

Can't wait till this newfag finish the show and label the series as a masterpiece.

Okay, this I like. He doesn't give a 5 minute monologue on why he took out the guy with blades first. It also seems to be done on instinct.

More of that please?

Ahahaha no.

Rem, Ram, Ryuzu, every witch cultist out there, all witch beasts, the clown, Betty. Most normalfags in the universe can't smell it though, but they're inconsequential aside from the other candidates.

It's his father's work, trust me.

>no reason.