Retarded Moe Shit BTFO by Ichiro Itano

"Interviewer: So we're planning a page for fans who don't know you (Itano) or the original Macross.

Itano: Macross Ace (the magazine this is in) is a damned bishoujo character magazine isn't it? I call it "retarded", though. Retarded character moe magazine. I think Macross (the original) was popular because of its balance, 1/3 each of cute girls, robots, and songs. But now they say mecha won't sell, robots won't sell, so they turn it into a character-based anime AND they want the fujoshi. I hate the stench of that sort of thing and so actually don't want to be in any magazine articles related to that bullshit, but I said I'd cooperate if they let me badmouth shit and here I am.

Interviewer: I... see... (tears)

Itano: I DID watch all of Macross F. It's not fair to badmouth something without seeing it (chuckle).
So, like, there's one bit where a sniper in space mounts himself on an asteroid, right? But by doing so half his field of vision is gone. And asteroids aren't stationary so his aim is going to be really unstable. And then they use sniper rifles at point blank range? I notice this sort of stuff, you know.
It's well-drawn for a TV show and they were trying, but the relationships were half-assed and the heart of the drama is way too messy. Last time we had Minmei become a human failure, but this time it was the main character (laugh). People who like this rubbish have a totally different sense from me, so I'd really be happier if they didn't know who I was at all (laugh)."

Other urls found in this thread:

animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/people.php?id=4876
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Wtf I hate Macross now

Good source.

Wtf I hate Robotech now

This is literally just

>M- my retarded anime shit is way better then everyone else's retarded anime shit

And he even has the gall to nitpick a technical detail like that while Macross is all about the completely idiotic concepts like stopping entire wars through the magic of pop music? Dude is blatantly out of touch.

He's the Miyazaki of anime. Just ignore him.

This but he did give me a chuckle though

I laughed.

Itano thinks Madoshit is good so who cares what he likes

he's right to some extent, anime has become even more about the concept and style than it was in the 80s, all the writers and director's are trying to make cool-looking shit and trying to justify the narrative after things happen

>I DID watch all of Macross F. It's not fair to badmouth something without seeing it (chuckle).
One of us.

By the way the latest Macross are garbage.
>but it's always been idolshit!
That's not teh problem, retards. Quality is the problem, or the lack thereof.

>95% of my games were fucking garbage and I regret making them for nerds who barely ever see sunlight. Metal Gear Solid was a mistake.
- Kojima

Was he wrong?

Reasonably certain this latest post teh news article to teh Sup Forums and have people react gambit is from a 2008 interview back when Macross Frontier was airing. Just figured this was worth pointing out. Anyway thank you for reminding me of techniques like the Itano Circus and how little that seems to matter in today's industry anymore. I can't remember the last time I saw one but it's probably deemed too expensive by today's producers and directors who base everything around cost cutting and character design appeal.

He was right

Actually it's just an opinion from like a decade ago that you're badly trying to par down to the level of stupid user discourse but good try at identifying what's going on here in your obvious limited capacity to identify themes and ideas in text.

>Last time we had Minmei become a human failure
Minmeifags btfo, will they ever recover?

Idolshit was a mistake to begin with. Using it as the war-winning coincidental gimmick in SDF shouldn't have made it the gyroscope on which the franchise balances from then on. Every Macross apart from Plus, which had the idolshit be the villain, has suffered ever since by them shoving aside proper characterization, technology, and plot in favor of more bullshit songs and pretty girls frolicking on stages that only serve to dumb-down or detract from the bigger scope of what should be important.

Macross is old and busted. The Super Shiny Galaxy will be spreading PROOOOTOCULTURE across space now.

I don't normally do this but Jesus Christ these legitimate newfag meme spinning fucks with absolutely no idea what they are talking about ever that are clearly so legitimately new that they can't even recognize the text of an interview that the average actual Macross fan would immediately know the origin and source of. Like I doubt anybody on Sup Forums right now even knows what an Itano Circus is but sure the "Miyazaki of anime". Enjoy your nonsensical memes and probably another thread of calling people normalfags and telling them to fuck off to reddit like your some sort of elite cool kids club of ignorant fucks.

Like fuck me nobody knows who Itano is, this is literally destined to be a react to and meme about some "old guy" because he said critical shit about the anime industry years ago garbage shitpost thread. Fuck 2016 Sup Forums so hard.

At least you can talk. Who are you?

That's why the only good Macross are SDF/DYRL and Plus.

Nah Plus is bad too. Macross was a mistake

I'm probably replying to pasta, but who said someone can't recognize this shit?

delta BTFO

Plus is very good. Probably the best one. I still prefer SDF, though.

Plus is okay. Mostly stupid, but it's short, well animate and the concert scenes are godlike. Nothing compared to SDF.

Why would it be stupid, of all things?

I guess I just thought the characters and writing was dumb. Not bad, just pulpy.

Now this is a man with principals. I don't even care about Robotech but I like him already!

Do you believe military who want to fly planes are anything but meatheads and girls who want to sing are anything but bitches?

Seems pretty realistic if you ask me.

Source?

The same place Miyazaki says anime was a mistake.

Jesus christ you guys are fucking retarded.
This is 2009 bait.

Macross is pretty trash to be honest, Gundam is better.

>the creator of the retarded space anime that said that moe girls singing will defeat aliens
>says that moe is shit
really makes me desu, desu

Old news

its just cartoons

Idolshit is idolshit user, it's still cancer whether it comes from the 80s or this year. Saying it was acceptable in any form at any time is wrong.

Not sure what Itano's animation style has to do with this conversation?

>>I DID watch all of Macross F. It's not fair to badmouth something without seeing it (chuckle).
>One of us.
You must be FUCKING KIDDING.
Your likes comes to the fujobait threads saying you didn't watch because you're not a faggot, but immediately proceed to shit on the 'writing' and 'characterization' and try to unhomo anything you understood is fujobait material.
Without watching anything, just looking at screencaps and the people's comments.
Fucking hypocrite.

What was Kawamori thinking?

HOLY LONELY NIGHT

kek
animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/people.php?id=4876