Lupin the Thread

I have returned. I will be making Lupin threads a few times a week leading up until the release of the NEW theatrical Lupin III film The Blood Spray of Goemon. It is a sequel to Jigen's Gravestone and it will be released on February 4th 2017. here is some recent footage
youtu.be/89S86bg3EOY
youtu.be/UTyfM_FVZM8
The Official trailer
youtu.be/c0XOK7C66hs
and as a bonus the official dub trailer for blue jacket
youtu.be/YrKLNFWu5VA

we are entering the drunken black jacket era.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/ee12JuuRB0Q
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

few images. first black jacket Lupin

the main villain nicknamed "The Bermuda Spectre" and Goemon

the future Blu Ray and DVD gold edition releases.

1/2

2/2

This version of Jigen sure does look strange. The hat makes him look like some kind of scarecrow or ghost.

while im at it, i might as well do a little shilling. Lupin series 2 collection 1 is up for preorder. id recommend getting it from rightstuf rather than amazon because you can it get it cheaper there. It will contain the first 40 episodes both sub and dub. it will also contain commentary tracks as well as plenty of extras..
youtu.be/ee12JuuRB0Q

the more people who buy the more Lupin shit we can get here in the west thanks to discotek media.

well its a much larger hat then usual. I dont know. I think it looks pretty cool. its job is to cover his eyes and nothing more.

anyone?

I really need to catch up with the newest series

whats stopping you. it was AOTY.

Didn't that sniper guy get his arm blown off? What's he gonna do now?

Oh, he can also make robots, so that's something.

I guess I wasn't really impressed with the beginning episodes.

Ive been meaning to watch this, as a newcomer where should i start with this series?

start with part 1, if you want watch part 2 and 3, then watch part 4.
parts 2 and 3 are unnecessary IMO

theres basically no continuity until you get to part 4, so everything before that youre basically watching for character development and on its own merit

you're unnecessary

it is all canon though.

i dont think he matters since he's not the villain on the new film.

Fuck off, dubtard.

why do random people come in threads like this and randomly say shit that has nothing to do with the thread. is it for the sake of shitposting?

poster

Yeah,but we'll only get to see the BDs

which is fine if you have a home theater like me.

also I found this on the back of a promotional poster. you get to see more sketches of Lupin and Goemon

is that a blade in Lupin's arm? can someone tell me what that is

i still wanna know

>It's a Goemon episode

typically i agree. never understood how some people can consider him to be their favorite character whens he's the blandest character on the show, BUT this movie will be all about him doing samurai shit and cutting niggas up instead of just cutting through some random object like you see in the shows so it should be fine. Plus Fuma was all about Goemon too and thats one of the best movies.

bump.

I guess this is a good excuse to actually finish watching the blue jacket anime

why would you need an excuse anyway? its amazing.

I want to get into Lupin but I don't know where to start off. Should I begin with the OG series?

Green Jacket series
Castle Cagliostro
Fuma Conspiracy
Return of Pycal
Legend of the Gold Babylon
Red Jacket series
Pink Jacket series
Red Jacket movies in production order
Woman Called Fujiko Mine
Daisuke Jigen's Grave Stone
Blue Jacket series

what kind of retard you gotta be to tell someone to watch return of pycal, the worst lupin film.

ignore this faggot.

keep all but leave out Pycal obviously, and have him watch red jacket before cagliostro

also walther p38 and missed by a dollar is a must watch

posting some montages some kind user was nice enough to make.

Mamo

cagliostro

Babylon

and finally

Gravestone.

we need more. a fuma one would be great.

you guys alive?

guess not

Barely alive, aye.

My top 5 movies:
Jigen's Gravestone
In Memory of Walther P-38
Secret of Mamo
Castle of Cagliostro
Fuuma Conspiracy

Which version of Fujiko is the best and why is it Gravestone?

If these threads keep going, I might even have done them all by some point.

I like most Goemon episodes. Especially when watching series 2 and 3 - Goemon episodes are pretty much guaranteed to be serious dramatic affairs compared to all the comedic stuff around them.

There are a few misses, like the two parter in series 2 with a Japanese gang that wanted to recruit him, but most of his stories stand out in a good way.

Where the FUCK do I go to download Lupin? All I've been able to snag is Cagliostro.

Different user. I got kinda burnt out around episode 16 and the appearance of the Fujiko-ripoff.
She dies right?
Blue jacket is sexy as fuark tho. Also really digging Black jacket.

think of that obnoxious anime fan girl youtube video, the site is the sound she makes