So, I work at a factory that makes chairs...

So, I work at a factory that makes chairs. I make about sixty chairs during a shift and each chair sells for $50 wholesale for a total of $3000 of revenue that I create. Since I make $15 dollars an hour, I get $120 at the end of the shift. I get 120 out of 3000. That's 4%.

How do I complain to the government about this? This seems like a scam.

>each chair sells for $50 wholesale for a total of $3000 of revenue that I create.
in a perfect world, sure
but what if that was the final shift? what if people stopped buying those chairs? you still get that 120 bucks

You didn't have to buy the raw materials to make the chairs or form them into their component parts.

Why don't you start making your own chairs?

The first post should have been:

Fuck off commie.

Also, sage.

>be entrepreneur
>get loan for own business
>buy land
>make factory
>fill factory with machinery and tools to make your product
>advertise your product, ship your product, all the miscellaneous shit you have to do
>one worker complains about getting 4% of the revenue
>be a huge cuck and cave and give him 100% because he deserves it somehow
>business collapses because no longer sustainable

Great, now factor design, shipping, the fucking factory, supervision, scheduling, logistics, raw materials, etc.

Then use your 4% to buy a gun to shoot yourself.

>Boss makes a dollar and I make a dime. That's why I shit on company time.
Absolutely outrageous, you should be getting 10% at minimum, or at least more shitting breaks

>doesn't know what overhead is

goddamned it fellow burger.

dumb commie doesn't understand "total revenue".

Hey jackass, try running a fucking business. You're not the one getting clients, selling the chairs, ensuring customers are happy after you build them.

Your description of your "problem" isn't even addressed properly. What is the total PROFIT of those chairs?!

Of the $50, I guarantee you, your labor is a much larger percentage-- on PROFIT.

the high cost of living is a government manufactured scam.

Quit your job and start your own chair company. Capitalism always requires some exploitation to make wealth. Get over it cupcake.

You post revenue, but how much does the company net from that? You probably make the most per chair. The company only makes more because they have multiple employees making chairs. You're a faggot.

cheers, fag.

come on dude, the guy who cuts the wood gets paid 15$ an hour, the guy who owns the land the trees are cut from gets a percent, the guy who carves the wood into a size you can use out of the hunking tree it comes from gets a cut, the guy who drives the wood to your factory gets a cut.

It's called overhead and making a profit.
Unironically kill yourself faggot.

No one is stopping you from buying your own wood and tools and sell your faggy chairs on your own.

exactly. his job = safe guaranteed money, company owners job = never guaranteed money

Stop making chairs, if you don't like what you're getting paid. If you can't be replaced, they'll give you more money to do it.

You forgot to mention
>newly unemployed worker now complains that capitalism doesn't work
>him losing his job is evidence of that and was in no way effected by his actions at all
>better try communism

do you get benefits? Whos the chick?

Who the FUCK is this?

Nice, where are you buying all the wood, tools, and supplies? Also where are you selling the chairs?

Also, shitty bait.

This is bait, but:
>why don't you quit your jobs and make chairs yourself?

there is a bunch of people to get the materials to you and then ship it everyone has to get paid
if you want to start your chair making company go ahead but you will be working way many hours at a lower hourly rate

You really dont deserve more than 18 $ an hour. Maybe you can get a raise

Start your own chair factory and keep 100% profit. ..You're welcome.

Seems like a man smarter than you told you exactly how to become rich. Instead you attacked him and said some retarded shit over and over.

Enjoy my crumbs while I consume food and alcohol that costs more than your lifetime income in 2018.

>Be one of a dozen unskilled laborers making chairs
>Materials provided for you
>Workspace provided for you
>Tools provided for you
>Logistics provided for you
>Sale handled for you
>Paperwork handled for you
You are one tiny cog in a large machine. That's why you get a tiny cut. What makes you think you deserve $3000? What about your coworkers? What about the truck driver that ships the finished chair? What about the cashier that makes sure the chair is paid for?

natalie dormer.

If you are interested in economics, then the first place you should go to is not Sup Forums. Go read a fucking introductory book. And I'm not talking about one of those American populist books by some pseudo-celebrity. Read an academic book on the subject.

What are the non-labour (or at least not your labour) variable costs per chair? Materials, packaging, storage, quality control, inspections, etc.?

What are the overheads your business has? Procurement, sales costs, accounting, legal, insurance?

Their network of supplier and customers and the value in the contracts that represents didn't come free either, how costly and risky would it be to build a comparable brand? Set up supply chains and reliable distribution channels? Engineer products or license their designs?

What is your company's unit income? Not revenue, mind.
>Hint: I bet it's less than the 96% you didn't personally earn.
>Hint 2: I bet it's pretty damn close to the expected future cash flows they would need to earn, discounted at the opportunity cost of capital for that industry, in order to make it worth keeping their capital invested in this particular business.

If you really think you're getting short shrift then come up with the numbers to show why and ask for more. If they don't give it and you think you can still give them better value for their production than they're getting now, why not offer to do it on an outsource basis?

Or better yet, start your own chair company.

LMAO nigga get a better job. Sell meme coins on the internet or something. Hit up ya fucking scrub.

/thread

she was in game of thrones

You forget first off that they pay tax on the income generated from the chair. Imagine what you could make if we slashed corporate taxes. Hell you might even make 30 dollars an hour putting together chairs (unskilled labor). Be happy for your job you ungreatful faggot. 15 dollars for unskilled labor aint half bad. I make 15 in a low cost area doing skilled labor.

>$3000 of revenue that I create

Nope. You're a tool. One tool in a factory imagined, financed, and built by others. Does a hammer get full credit for a house?

Fucking blue collar scum.

these.

Did you pay for the materials and tools? Did you pay for advertising and negotiate supplier agreements with retail outlets? What about the time it took to train you. Did you build the factory or pay for the construction? And the business licensing and inspection fees? All the administrative personnel and infrastructure used to track your work and pay?

kys communist faggot

Jews made up the hall of cost because making them work is worse than death for those money changing faggots. The Brits had to build Israel for them

>I make chairs
You are paid to make. You can start your own business and do everything yourself and sourcing raw materials and selling them at the right price. If you can do that on your own you can keep the entire proceed from the sales. Or you can just hire people to do it for you like your masters have. :^)

thx m8

>what if people stopped buying those chairs? you still get that 120 bucks

Implying the company's owner wouldn't kick his ass off the minute after his company stop wining money

so whats stopping you from making and selling your own chairs? it seems easy enough, right?

>chair parts cost money
>tools, training, machinery cost money
>rent, heat, hydro, insurance, and other overheads

just sit down and try and plan your own business with real dollar figures for everything and you'll realize how retarded you are

Do humans even build chairs anymore? I thought robots would have fully taken that over by now.

how much does it cost to ship the chairs to where they are sold and marketing for the product as well as maintenance and cost on the tools you use to make the chairs? What happens when the chairs don't sell for a few weeks or ever?

>Did you ever ask for a raise?
>Do you have management skills or are you seeking to attain skills for a management position?

If not, then get the fuck out of the bathroom and get back to work, hippie

Heres a compromise. You get bumped up to 5% of revenue so extra 3.75$ an hour for 18.75$

better yet lets make it an even 20. You going to improve quality control on the chairs? you going to make 80 an hour instead of 60?

Make cheaper chairs, and less of them.
Your percentage will be greater.

>being so inefficient as a business you have to spend 96% of your profit on operating costs
>unironically applauding this inefficiency

retards

>makes $15 an hour
>thinks he's an authority on any matter

lol

What is overhead for $3000 Alex?

Tbh a fixed and garuenteed 4% commission is pretty decent

>being so inefficient as a business you have to
>spend 96% of your profit on operating costs

A man who doesn't know what profit means-
offering business commentary.

>each chair sells for $50 wholesale for a total of $3000 of revenue that I create

>what is production's payroll
>what is lawyers' payroll
>what is social media team's payroll
>what is design team's payroll
>what is marketing team payroll
>what is sales team payroll
>what is logistics team payroll
>what is managers' payroll
>what is CSR payroll
>what is accounting's payroll
>what is buyer's payroll
>what is custodial payroll
>what is facilities' payroll
>what is trash/recycling bill
>what is utilities bill
>what is rent
>what is suppliers' fees
>what is liability
>what is insurance (all of it: building, natural disaster, life, workers)
>what is economic event that can wipe out all demand of your shitty chairs

Doesn't even considers if your company is big enough to have a board commitee and IPO+investors or the execs paying themselves.

if it's so easy go and make 60 chairs a day by yourself.

I cable Cisco/Telco racks for Verizon. Each rack takes about 5 hours to make for a normal cables. I was made a captain of a team of cablers who I trained to cable the racks. I cable a rack in 2 hours flat. My company who makes these for Verizon makes about $50,000 per rack. I work 60+ hours a week doing 6 days a week and I train new cablers. I make $15 an hour as a Temp while training some full time employees.

this
probably bait thread tho
sage

>bragging about how badly he's being Jewed

it is we got "1postbythisID"d

He just said he makes 60 chairs a day by himself, are you retarded?

KEK

Start up your own business or complain to autismleaf, either way fuck off

Gee user, that is pretty messed up. Why don’t you just make and sell chairs on your own? You seem like a retarded cuck as it is, is there any other reason you don’t increase your pay more than 20x and be your own boss?

Looking forward to your reply.

You work at a chair factory. Any idiot could do your job. You're lucky you make $15. If you want a greater share of the profits, buy a share of the company.

She sure do look like a pig. I Wonder if has something to do with her being English.

>I was bullied in school. I used to get told I have a piggy nose. I've got big nostrils, my whole family does. It's a burden we bear.

>what is start-up capital

wow that was hard

>I choose as a free individual to work a shit income factory job
>I deserve MORE

Then choose a better fucking job.

You should write a letter to your congressman. Certainly he'll see how grossly underpaid you are and offer to start paying your rent. Do this instead of getting educated or searching for more gainful employment. Complain to the government instead of starting a business or taking some risks. Get the business owner in deep doodoo for not recognizing the true value of your 60-chair day!!! You deserve more than 2x minimum wage!!!

Or you could get your shit together and stop living a low-effort life, rife with failure that's never your fault and the kind of dissatisfaction that keeps you wide awake until the early hours of the morning.

depends on the chair, I really doubt a brainlet like you could make a chair like pic related with seamless joinery

You know how to make the chairs, OP.

Why don't you buy the tools and wood and make them yourself?

holy shit it's like none of you brainlets know what start-up capital is. the entry to business is too high. bootlicker faggot

Go to google finance right now and look at the net margin of consumer goods and manufacturing businesses in established, competitive markets. It's a capital intensive sector with limited barriers to entry and consumers have lots of choice in market centers (where most of the revenue comes from). You can't just carve any margin out you want.

You don't create $3000 revenue. Sales, marketing, and acquisition of the raw materials and machinery combined with your labor all together produced that. You are but a fraction and therefore receive a fraction. Or are you trying to say you are the only person employed at your entire company?

If you want to get paied more getting chairs. Start your own chair company. Make sure you have a decent foundation(buyers, investors, steady revenue) black mail your other competition kill extort etc without getting dirty of course. I would start with killing some of their relatives and let the fear build up. Make their bodies disappear. Disspose of their muscles tissue blood and bones in a step by step process. Leave no evidence

If it is so great why don't you start a business making chairs?

Oh so then you admit barrier to entry is very high? Why dont you tell your retarded bootlicking friends here ITT that are telling OP to start his own business then.

Unionize.

literally only one post by OP

sage

Oh shit, so you CAN’T do this at all without help?

You should thank your boss for employing you, maybe buy him something nice to show your appreciation.

Do you take care of the land, plant the trees, cut the trees down, sort the wood by quality, ship it to your factory, make the chair, oil the chair, pack the chair, ship the chair to the store, and also work in the store as the lone salesman and cashier, work in costumer service, quality control, scheduling, accounting or are you just a part of the process and probably deserve $3 an hour and will be replaced by a machine within 10 years?

You must own the of production.. The you will understand the true cost to produce a chair.

>it's just impossible!
This is why you will always be poor.

What's stopping you from starting your own chair company, big man?

Ok but that chair had material cost, Labour cost, transport and packaging cost, finally some bullshit fee/tax cost from the government. In the grand scheme of things you make out better then the owner because there’s zero risk to you. The owner doesn’t get all 3000, in fact he probably makes less then 4% on each chair. Most of that money is put back into the company so the owner can put more retards like you to work making chairs.

Yeah OP, you really should earn 5 times that amount

Incorrect.

Chair materials are requisitioned according to demand. Owner buys raw materials based upon demand for order fulfillment, guaranteeing him the sale of each chair, generally to fulfill a wholesale order by bulk.

Chair maker guy still only makes his 4%.

you bootlickers can't get your narrative straight

>all these 1 post shill replies in here saying the same exact thing

you didnt make the chair from wood, you didnt design the chair, you didnt market the chair, you didnt distribute the chair.
Basically you didnt do much, which your compensation is reflected.

Literal brainlet answer.

when stupids can't factor in all the other stuff like the labor it takes to order the parts, pay for delivery, delivering chairs to buyers... etc.

The people who aren't making a fair wage are the ones making ipads and clothing in sweatshops. Not you, guy in America, making $15 an hour to build chairs.

Not an argument.

There's some truth in this, but the gargantuan profits corporations make every year put a fucking dent in that.

This is the end result in American/nigger tier education

>Not using bodies of the competition's relatives you just killed to make your chairs therefore saving money on raw material

i make 15 an hour and work at a factory that has a 200m payroll and 600m in revenue. how is this fair? i need atleast 100 an hour

If youre not a pussy and have
incomprehensible bawls and braincells you can get rich fast. just by pew

What narrative? Start your own business. Can’t? Be thankful someone hires you.

Really simple, you are just a greedy slut who doesn’t understand economics.

You should be taken on a free helicopter ride, communist piece of fucking shit.

Also wrong. Owner knows his proft margin exactly, from the moment a order shipment is placed to the monent items are delivered.

If the profit margin is below his expectations or simply undesirable, he does not begin production.

Claiming he is 'putting retards to work' is bullshit. The employee creating the chair is just another part of the order fulfullment process, not some special consideration for the owner. The chair creator is just 1 part of many other moving parts that come together in creating the chair, like say the tires used to move the truck that are transporting the chair to the customer; the chair maker is an expendable, predictable and planned for expense, an expense that is minimized in order to maximize profit for the owner, who if at any point in the line decides it's not worth his effort to organize the sale and production of chairs, he can cease operations completely.

Children, this is bait. Stop posting ffs

sage, hide.

Manufacturing labor is not overhead, it’s part of COGS