Is this the first popular isekai series?

Is this the first popular isekai series?

Nah. That's Inuyasha

Dororon Enma-kun

Ever watch Rayearth, newfag?

John Carter

A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court

>soonish my figure from the kickstarter will ship
I'm pretty excited but sadly they had JUST ran out of fucking Raptors

That's Ijidai.

Aura Battler Dunbine

Alice's Adventures in Wonderland

That naked suit is retarded

The Bible's second half is literally about God's son being reborn on earth as a kid, having miracle powers, disciples, women fawning over him, and then dying in place of ALL OF HUMANITY'S SINS because his life>all of ours.

Then he resserects and goes back home.

Hell, we can even go further.
The Devil's backstory is literally isekai too.
He tried to start a rebellion in heaven and got thrown down to earth and was reborn as Lucifer.

You go back even further to sumerian myth and you'll find the first written Isekai.

Nah I wouldn't consider Muv Luv isekai it's just suffering. Takeru gets thrown into an alternate reality that isn't much different from ours besides the shogunate in power and has BETA invasions since the 60's, isekai needs to be more fantasy like.

What's the first half about?

Nigga, it doesn't matter if it's fantasy or not, if a character is thrown into another world, then it's isekai.

First there's a prologue where the world gets made and a bunch of weird ancient people are total dicks to each other and God makes some spooky stuff happen to fuck with them.

Time skip thousands of years to the main story, in which a bunch of Jews wander through the desert, occasionally fighting the Monster of the Week in the form of various sandnigger tribes.

Eventually they settle down and start infighting and arguing amongst themselves about stupid crap.

Then some of them get really baked and see some weird prophetic shit the may or may not foreshadow the events of the second half.

Wow, hey, this is actually kind of interesting.

Don't get your hopes up, the series is on indefinite hiatus. Besides fan doujins a few people have published, the only thing that's happened since the second half is that the author made a fairly popular spinoff that was basically an alternate version where the second half was retconned a bit and that "son of god" guy was actually just another prophet and some other bullshit with a MC who was blatantly made to pander to the arbababoos.

The first two halves are pretty good aside from that though.

> Takeru gets thrown into an alternate reality that isn't much different from ours besides the shogunate in power and has BETA invasions since the 60's, isekai needs to be more fantasy like.

Alternative Japan is VERY different from modern Japan, as it's kept most of the cultural yamato damashii from the Empire of Japan era. The low-hanging fruit example is comparing modern Germany to Nazi Germany, very different culturally.

Muv-Luv is a good isekai because it's not RPG bullshit, the setting is refreshingly modern. Most anime/manga/LN stories don't want to focus in on the Cold War because the '80s-'90s are depressing realities for Japanese.

>isekai
Dafuq? It's a mecha.

devil is much older than sumerian shits

>2016
>still believing on this kind of shit

>People told me to take this seriously
>that hair
>sitting on his lap
>see-through suit, tits and everything else

Is thi one of those
>you had to be there when it released
things? because I can't take that trash seriously, I mean they're fighting aliens in titty suits, why doesn't the MC have a similar suit? dumb.

you've obviously never played it faglord so your opinions are worthless.

Nice argument there pal.

Why do the girls show tits will the male characters has a cool armor suit?

Like Yamato 2199, male characters have cool uniforms, the girls wear skintights booty suits.

So fucking stupid

Nice argument there pal, dumb fanservice suits.

Stupid character design

Edgy shock value, muh chomp

This thing is trash

Their argument for the being seethrough is so that there's no awkwardness between male and females, no boundaries. Ofcourse that's just an excuse to show their tits 24/7.

>Mori was 19

What the fuck? She looks way older than the MC. I thought she was atleast like 30 or some shit. She has the Christmas cakey look.

No.

is this the first faggot op?

Urashima Taro

Where is my Acts of Caine anime

That shit would be fucking grade A.
There's not enough lolis tho.

>a mecha can't be isekai
>what is Knights and Magic

/thread

They ditch them in Alternative. Up until then the story's engaging enough that they become easy to ignore as background noise.