Why are people against banning assault weapons like the AR-15?

Why are people against banning assault weapons like the AR-15?

To be perfectly fair, there is no reason why civilians should be allowed to own assault weapons.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ArmaLite
armalite.com/
reddit.com/r/GunsAreCool/comments/4kxjdj/the_popularly_held_idea_that_the_term_assault/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

> There is no reason why civilians should be allowed to own assault weapons
That's where you're wrong, kiddo

The right to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed
The question isn't "Why should the people have [weapon]". It's "why shouldn't the people have [weapon]"

Rake yourself

a leaf

Godamn, the last 2 of these posts got 404d. Fuck outta here.

>assault weapons
>ar15
pick one faggot

I love this horrifically inacurate dipiction of a gun lol

We're putting Western Civ on the alter as a sacrifice to white guilt because we're worried some frizzy-haired Afro transsexual will wag his finger at us.

You can tell he just tried to make it as "scary" as possible.

you look like this don't you?

>can't even be fucked to pit in the magwell
Fucking Horsey.

The right to bear arms is for protection against tryanical government. I believe citizens should have the right to posess weaponry equal to that of the government, and not only firearms.

>1 POST BY THIS ID

Horsey's interpretation of an AR15 is all sorts of goofy.

why would you ban a children's rifle? sage

>assault weapons
>assault

I see you like memes too.

What does the AR in AR-15 stand for?

did the illustrator draw the lower backwards? there are so many things wrong

>The scope is literally attached to the barrel
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Armalite Rifle

>foregrip
>pistol grip
Pick one

Can also mean assault rifle.

Armalite Rifle you fucking dolt.

wait look at the where the barrel meets the receiver, it's where the buffer tube screws in lmao, he really did draw the lower backwards, explains why where the magwell is shaped like where the grip is attached

>Horsey

The company that made it. Amalite Rifle. Why don't you just google this shit?

>To be perfectly fair
>my simplistic biased opinion

Have the people who draw these guns ever seen a real one in their lives?

No faggot, it does not.
Armalite is the manufacturer,
stop being a fucking queer

Because fuck you and your commie bullshit that's why.

I think we should ban assault-peoples, like marxists, antifa, tolerant green&left peoples.

To be perfectly fair, there is no reason why civilians should be allowed to be marxist/antifa/green.

>what are backronyms
Language changes and meaning of words evolve. Even if it originally meant armalite rifle, "assault rifle" also fits.

Sure thing cupcake, anything can mean whatever you want as long as it makes you feel happy about being right.

can we get a /k/bro to list every thing wrong with Horsey's drawing?

LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF LEAF

Because one gun isn't more deadly than another you stupid cuck

>no Reason
>The right and responsible to cast off an unjust government
pick 1.

>bonus round: arguing the military can win a 'war' against guerilla armed populace showcases your military and historical ignorance so lets skip that

>hurr durrr AR means what I want it to mean
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ArmaLite
armalite.com/
It has meant Armalite Rifle since
the fucking 50's and will never mean a
anything else faggot.

>assault weapons
there's that word again.

I have a gun. I will use it to prevent it from being taken. Come take it.

No, it literally stands for Amalite rifle you subhuman leaf

LOL this is the best post i've read all night
>AR STANDS FOR ASSAULT RIFLE, WOW BAN IT NOW

Pic related it's you

No, no it doesn't because it's not a select fire full auto rifle and is a CIVILIAN semi auto rifle. You're just dumb and reaching because you live in a world defined by your own cognitive dissonance. At least you are good for a laugh. Because that is ALL you are good for.

>AR15
>Assault Weapon

Are you running on rocks or something ? If this was /k/ you'd be getting shit on for just that.

I would unironically let everyone in this country die before I gave up the right to bear arms

Yes there is syrupchugging cuck, the right to bare arms

>Resorting to Subjectivism because the facts don't agree with you

I was just here to watch the people take the b8...
Good Job OP, it's not like this thread has been done millions of times before

where do you load this gun from?

The M16 had its full auto capability removed after it was found that the initial models in Vietnam used too much ammo. Yet the M16A2 is still considered an assault rifle despite not having full auto capability.

So your definition of "must have full auto" is wrong.

>no reason why civilians should be allowed to own assault weapons
Reason, to shoot people you don't like or people who attack you?

>You're sacrificing innocents by NOT taking away their right to defend themselves
It's all so tiresome.

Because why not?

They serve no purpose other than to kill people.

Unless they plan on contesting the control of authorities such as governments who otherwise would pay them no mind.

Violence is the language of those who have no voice.

The U.S. Army defines assault rifles as "short, compact, selective-fire weapons that fire a cartridge intermediate in power between submachine gun and rifle cartridges."

SELECTIVE FIRE. GO FUCK YOURSELF.

Holy fuck this shit is stupid. Like how is that even supposed to work? Where the hell does the magazine go for starters?

thats the purpose they were designed for dipshit.

I guess that's why the AR-7 is a takedown .22 huh? That thing can really mow down crowds.

>what changed?
Integrated schools.

Again, no. It was designed as and is a civilian rifle. You can demilitarize a military arm. Its still a military arm and classified as such. A lot of us buy our guns in the service. Its still a military rifle after being disabled. We didn't carry AR15'S in the Army however nor did I ever see one. Ever. You know why? Its a fucking civilian rifle you ignorant leaf. "If" I had a NFA stamp I could drop in an auto sear into my AR and give it full auto capability. Guess what? It's still a CIVILIAN rifle. Function doesn't denote design or classification and I never said it did. Another reach, another fail for a disarmed uninformed leaf. So Fuckin dumb. Its like putting a sock on a cats head and watching it try to walk. You're a laughingstock.

>backpedaling this hard
You specifically mentioned full auto, you were wrong.

In any case, assault rifles are not the same thing as assault weapons, which are semi-automatic by definition.

Define "assault weapon", faggot. It's a meaningless political catchphrase that bans shit like bayonet clips and telescoping stocks.

Assault weapon has no definition. It's a made up term by liberals to scare people into supporting banning arbitrary firearms of their choosing.

Once the government takes away your guns, you are fucked unless you manage to get a anti-gunban vote passed through with a nationalist political party. Even though your government is is still heavily Liberal controlled you can now get heaps of rifles, pistols, sub-machine guns, assault rifles, machine guns, snipers or maybe RPG's if the ban lift is good enough. Then you can over throw the redcoat cunts..

The hell kind of gun is this?

Actually, the term was created by the gun industry for marketing.

Source: reddit.com/r/GunsAreCool/comments/4kxjdj/the_popularly_held_idea_that_the_term_assault/

Do you consider this FN Herstal Model of 1949 rifle an assault weapon, OP? Who are you to say what I can and can't own when you yourself know nothing about firearms.

Damn, son. You only know how to copy/paste for your employers.

Like a good, trained dog.

Nothing in that link qualifies as a credible source. Also if you're going to link to reddit you might as well stay there you dumb fucking leaf.

Is this what OP keeps in his rectum at all times?

,22 is the perfect size for penetrating a child's skin and giving him a tickle
ban AR now

The term was included in Minneapolis city ordinance 877.080 Permit for military type and assault weapons, documented in the 1978 edition of the BATF publication Your Guide to Firearms Regulation.

From the same source, one finds Saint Paul and a few other jurisdictions had similar mentions on the books. Interestingly, none are outside Minnesota. What research I've been able to give it suggests they were enacted within the preceding year or two.

Its appearance in this context does not neatly serve the narrative on either side of debate. The measures neither promote "assault weapons" nor absolutely prohibit them, but regulate the category by means comparable to permits for concealed carry.
wow ur stupid

What about this deceptive little devil of a rifle? It can easily be put in an aftermarket stock with a pistol grip and take aftermarket 30 round magazines. I can change the way it looks in so many ways. I can put a classic wooden stock on it, or maybe a nice red dot sight or a scope. Why should I let some psuedointellectual urbanite hipster dictate what I can and can't put on my firearms?

Oh look a canadian. Oh look this thread again.

>Leaf

It's still incorrect and as you stated a marketing term. AR15'S are not assault rifles. You can blather on all day and look stupid as you want. It changes nothing and you will never be right. Actually people like you are the ones who do go out and do mass shootings. Libtards/lefties stuck in cognitive dissonances and confirmation biases so deep when challenged and proven wrong enough they snap. I guess being in Canada and all you'll probably just snap and go suck off illegal immigrants and gender degenerates til they pass out. It figures. I do sincerely hope someone gets a hold of one of the few guns you can own there and puts you down before you maim anyone with your stupidity. You should go kys in all honesty. Just do it. That way your enemy will lose. You won't be missed, but you will win. Go be a winner. Its the only way you ever will. Just do it. Make Canada Kinda Better Off again.

why is an AR15 in the hands of LEO considered a defense weapon and not an assault weapon?

The Constitution was designed to limit what the government can do, not what the people can do.

that cartoon is racist against injuns and other backwards peoples

>This is supposed to lower the murder rate

could also mean ass raper too...
that would be nice.. an Ass Raper 15

OP Obamaleaf is a soyboy manlet 100%

Pic related. This is what OP thinks modern sporting rifles are.

Half the problem with gun control advocates is they have no fucking idea what anything does. They're literally operating purely on emotion. After all an AR-15 is a baby killin assault rifle but a mini-14 is just a sportsmans rifle.

>When your killing machine is so dismembered that you need another killing machine to put it out of it's misery.

Everything is an assault weapon if you assault someone with it.

Ban assault trucks first.

As do all citizens who are too scared to go near a real gun, whether they want to admit it or not.

It's what the Franks used to give to the weaker crusaders- 4.5 lbs of pure Deus Vult in grenade form

There can be no reasoning with these sheltered dipshits unless you drag them kicking and screaming to the local shooting range and have them try out different guns.
Don't want a cuckstock? Lock your mag and feed it from stripper clips like an SKS!

>They serve no purpose other than to kill people.
then they must be defective because there are millions of them out there and people aren't dying in any significant number

DAY

Yea, they are good at killing people. Thats why we need them. To kill people(government) when it becomes necessary.

You aren't American, your opinion doesn't matter. You should know that you are wasting your time. So-called assault weapons are used in something like 1% of homicides. It's obvious this isn't about saving lives.

T. American gun owner, I have 30 of them.
(you)
Sage

>liberals constantly encourage shooting of "corrupt racist cops"
>blame it on conservatives when it happens
Yeah no I don't think there is any chance of getting along anymore. Lets just end this and have a civil war already, I'm resigned to the fact that its going to happen.

racist

It hasn't stopped the terrorist attacks in Europe, many with automatic weapons.
Fuck off leaf.