Can somebody provide proof that this will happen if Net Neutrality gets repealed?

Can somebody provide proof that this will happen if Net Neutrality gets repealed?

Proof otherwise is internet service has improved since dial up to present and will continue to be even with the problems of occasional throttling and blocking which were resolve without government intervention. This is a fact.

Other urls found in this thread:

arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2017/11/att-and-comcast-win-lawsuit-they-filed-to-stall-google-fiber-in-nashville/
techdirt.com/articles/20170412/05255437131/ftc-commissioner-if-fcc-kills-net-neutrality-dont-expect-our-help.shtml
insidesources.com/att-tells-court-ftc-has-no-power-in-case-that-could-leave-internet-companies-unregulated/
lexology.com/library/detail.aspx?g=9a70da37-ff6c-43db-8aa9-9d8ff0bb0a0d
arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2014/02/isp-lobby-has-already-won-limits-on-public-broadband-in-20-states/
wccftech.com/net-neutrality-abuses-timeline/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

* Most Americans only have 1 or 2 ISP's to choose from
* These ISP's form regional monopolies by avoiding competition with each other, and instead ganging up against competition outside the Monopoly (Google Fiber is a perfect example)
* The barrier for entry for new ventures is extremely high for new ISP's, as infrastructure is extremely expensive as well as court costs that will follow fighting the monopolies.
* America's Anti trust laws are broken as they have too many loopholes that are being thoroughly being exploited by the monopoly.
* FTC are thus powerless from monopoly fuckery.
* American consumers are already getting fucked by the monopoly, as prices are extremely high and the competition is non-existant for most people.
* Many also have bandwidth caps on broadband - which is unheard of for the majority of first world countries.
* Net Neutrality is the only positive the American consumer have against the Monopoly as it protects them from throttling, censor and additional price gouging.
* If Net Neutrality is repealed, there will be nothing protecting American consumers from the major ISP's extracting additional money for their services.

>Can somebody provide proof that this will happen if Net Neutrality gets repealed?
it's literally propaganda, have people forgotten what the internet was like before 2015 when this legislation was introduced?

fear mongering at its finest. this argument implies other legislation (or lawsuit) can't be done which promotes a breakup of these monopolies. think the standard oil lawsuit of 1911

why is obama administration legislation even being entertained? nigger prez sneaked obamacare through at midnight without anyone knowing. why do leftists want the govt to wipe their ass for them?

It's lies

I got a better fucking question. Why should we be pussyfooting around the subject of monopolies with shit like net neutrality instead of just strengthening and enforcing monopoly laws? Any way you look at it, net neutrality is a temporary and ineffective solution to a bigger problem.

Another communist argument. Also, invalid because of shitty meme flag.

If you're arguing that small companies or private citizens filing lawsuits will have a legal leg to stand on with the current Anti-trust laws in place where Google are getting masssacred and even the FTC throwing in the towel if NN goes away.

arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2017/11/att-and-comcast-win-lawsuit-they-filed-to-stall-google-fiber-in-nashville/

techdirt.com/articles/20170412/05255437131/ftc-commissioner-if-fcc-kills-net-neutrality-dont-expect-our-help.shtml

insidesources.com/att-tells-court-ftc-has-no-power-in-case-that-could-leave-internet-companies-unregulated/

lexology.com/library/detail.aspx?g=9a70da37-ff6c-43db-8aa9-9d8ff0bb0a0d

Both FCC and FTC have been batteling the monopolies in court. The most valuable case they have is arguing that the monopolies are Common Carriers. Take that away from them by repealing net neutrality, and it's game set and match for the American consumer.

But hey. As long as you shills scream propaganda as loud as you can, maybe someone can hear you from the other side.

None of those are proofs.

No, just like nobody can provide proof that this will happen, even though most people wouldn't mind this, as you would just be paying the same amount for "everything" and saving money if you choose to sacrifice something.

Whether you are for or against net neutrality depends on what you think is more likely to happen. Since there is no evidence of either situation happening, I remain neutral.

if net neutrality gets repealed you will pay money for services, and you will pay money for the fast lane, it will be all about monetary interests FOR SURE

always about the $$$ only government can save us

>The most valuable case they have is arguing that the monopolies are Common Carriers. Take that away from them by repealing net neutrality, and it's game set and match for the American consumer.
NN wasn't even implemented to begin with

how do you remain neutral? right now you can access literately anything when ever you want for a fixed price per month... if net neutrality goes websites will basically become shitty TV channels where you can only get it if you pay for it... of course the internet companies will bundle random shit together that you dont use just to suck you dry

There is no proof of any of this.
Even if an isp, blocked websites, slowed speeds and so on. Switch isp, or get satellite internet. You can also live without internet even in the year 2017

Who would buy a bundle? Do you know how much business they would lose if they would do that?

I can't wait for less americans, when will it happen?

Never, sorry medpack

Because if I can give up the right to go to facebook and twitter, and save money every month, that would be preferable.

It literally happened in Portugal.

Nothing is stopping ISP from raising the price right now.. Besise OP is cheaper than what I pay right now

Why is Sup Forums wrong on literally every issue? lmfao

straight up russian trolls here

TV is a dying industry and these large corporations need to make more money off the internet side of their business, it's really basic stuff, but it doesn't surprise me that the people here aren't smart enough to realize this hahaha

ISPs are spending millions to repeal it. Use the minimal amount of critical skills necessary to figure out why they are doing that.

>thinks he might pay less for internet once NN is gone

Holy shit America is expensive.
In Romania we pay 50 lei (11€) for the fastest internet in the world.

>Even if an isp, blocked websites, slowed speeds and so on. Switch isp, or get satellite internet. You can also live without internet even in the year 2017

> it's bad cuz obama!!!

If isp's are fucking us that hard, there should be a line of investors to get on that train for a third option. The unfortunate truth is that isp's were a complacent, government created oligopoly, and they became as bloated as their budget would allow. As soon as nn was enacted, every isp in my area sold. The new company is even worse, and even more expensive. Net neutrality does absolutely nothing to address the problems with american internet, it does nothing but redistribute some profit away from isp's and towards youtube and netflix.
Tldr; youtube and netflix now load faster than they play, but my internet bill went up about 50%. If I wanted faster speed, I would have fuckin paid for it before

we have conservafats willing to let monopolies fuck us in the ass cuz that's better than gobermet

WHO GIVES A SHIT IT WILL TAX THE FUCK OUT OF RETARD YOUTUBERS THAT SAY STUPID SHIT JUST TO GET CLICKBUX

Maybe make it a public utility or are you afraid of goberment?

Honestly I was against net neutrality at first just because reddit wanted it, but then I realized I won't be able to torrent shit if it gets repealed, so fuck that

The most retarded way of thinking yet. You really want to risk this? Enjoy your satellite uplink retard.

I still lean against it simply because google, facebook, etc is for it. As of now, I can't think of a time where their interests ever coincided with my own.

>Pirate flag
>BTFO in the last thread
>Has to create a separate thread solely dedicated to sucking pai's cock

They are for it because they will lose customers if people have to pay more to access their sites.

>He states without any evidence or citations whatsoever.
K.

>This is a fact.
Kill yourself you stupid monkey. Stating something is "a fact" is meaningless.

>needs citations for common sense

It's not common sense. They might be for it because, without NN, Google will have to pay more to get their services to people, which will eat into their ad revenue, while it costs the average person no more (unless Google tries to pass the charges off to the customer, at which point, they will fail due to their insane privacy violations).

arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2014/02/isp-lobby-has-already-won-limits-on-public-broadband-in-20-states/
wccftech.com/net-neutrality-abuses-timeline/

for a board that claims to hate jews Sup Forums sure loves sucking them off whenever it would upset a liberal for whatever reason

>if net neutrality goes websites will basically become shitty TV channels
says who? the yummy propaganda in OPs pic?

woah guys... if you dont do what the govt says is best then youre gonna be in trouble...

just like muh global warming :) you need to be taxed so we can save the planet

Ever play the game monopoly?

fuck google. do you even contextualize? they're a branch of the intelligence committee, no matter what legislation is put in place google and every other silicon valley conglomerate will not be negatively effected. nn is more govt hand holding legislation that scares redditors like you into thinking google and microsoft knows what's best for you while they continue to spy on you and sell your data to the chinese/give it to the NSA

>Can somebody provide proof that this will happen if Net Neutrality gets repealed?

I hope so. Looks like I'd save a fair bit of money on my internet bill.

Most services are shifting over to E2E encryption where they can, not because they care about your privacy, but because its a logistical nightmare to both follow the government's rules and to keep your business profitable. Any company that isn't doing so is literally signing their own death warrant.

It's funny that your demographic, the demographic that pushes things like PizzaGate, now needs proof that the ISPs are spending millions of dollars repealing NN so they can make more money from consumers.

ITS LIKE RAAIIIIIINNNNNN

>trusts Comcast more than Google

You will blame everyone for your own problems but your biggest problem will always be your lack of intelligence.