Is this the greatest anime of all time?

Did Yuri On Ice saved anime?
I thought it was just some gay shit but holy shit it's so good.

Other urls found in this thread:

animenewsnetwork.com/feature/2016-12-23/the-best-and-worst-anime-of-fall-2016/.110280
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Actually it's shit, and you're gay!

It's okay user, it's already 2016 so you can come out of the closet now.

Tfw Yuri on Ice dominating ANN staff picks for AOTS.

animenewsnetwork.com/feature/2016-12-23/the-best-and-worst-anime-of-fall-2016/.110280

>Tfw
>ANN staff

Figures that YOIfags were newfag cancer

Yes, I joined 5 mins ago.
They're more relevant than you.

They fumbled the ending, but hopefully will make it up in part 2.

Nah. It was just some gay shit.

Keep shilling ANN staff and you might get a public ban soon.

I bet you spam Youtube Reviewers on Sup Forums too

Your containment thread is that way

I don't understand why the fuck it's so popular among the people who aren't even fujos.

>Did Yuri On Ice saved anime?
>I thought it was just some gay shit but holy shit it's so good.

Sorry

Female ice skaters would be more impressive

Male leads are too much in abundance

It's the opposite actually there are too many moeshitblob characters.

I don't know, first episode was 10/10 but it got gradually worse every single episode.

If they were female they wouldn't be half as interesting because male otaku wouldn't tolerate the flaws and lack of purity in the MCs. They would have to be degraded to a boring, bland female version of themselves if they wanted to be waifu material.

Last episode was stupid but otherwise a good show

Female skaters would suck, because the usual otaku/neckbeard crowd would throw a fucking nuclear assblasted fit over a female MC getting drunk and poledancing at a party with half her clothes off.

None of the female characters would be 'pure' and they wouldn't be able to handle it.

>Did Yuri On Ice saved anime?

Only if you're gay

Will I like this anime if I'm straight and hate fujoshit?

I sure loved Michiko and Hatchin and Fujiko Mine for the purity bruh

No. This shit is for gays only.

No they wouldn't, because it would be all women. All women is pure, you dumb fujoshit.

Yeah, notice how those shows were really good but unpopular?

because it's fun

These shows are sadly flops

And what's the point? If you're saying sales matter then you'd have to agree Yuri on Ice is just as much otaku pandering as the male otaku pandering you're complaining about.

And if you say they would be improved by the characters being female, aren't you just wishing it pandered to you instead? What exactly would be more 'impressive' about female ice skaters? If you wanted them to be exactly the same but girls, you mustn't have any issue with the characterization or writing and just want them to be something you're attracted to.

I'm a different person and I don't want the characters to be female. The fact that people assume female characters have to be 'this' way just by solely being female reeks of major suspect to me. I see people immediately see an all female cast and just accuse it of moe/fanservice bait almost every time.

I just don't see why the studio should have to either a) sacrifice sales and popularity to write great, but impure and imperfect female characters, or b) stifle themselves creatively and write palatable female characters that could win over the otaku crowd, and all for what? This one user who'd be more interested in seeing tits on ice?

The popularity of YOI is in large part thanks to the passion of the creators, and the writer has said herself that she couldn't write yuri because she loves writing men too much. She's more familiar with male skaters, so there's lots of references to them. She's also said that it wasn't intended to be romantic at first, but the characters had a mind of their own. I don't think they could've put the same amount of heart and love into the series if it was girls, Kubo just couldn't resist her fujo urges.

AOTY

The popularity of YoI is due to the fujo market, the sports genre being primarily male-driven and the international focus on characters. I wouldn't say quality or artistic merit matter much to its success in the long run considering the small popularity of something like Doukyuusei or Yamamoto's earlier works.

I'm just here to criticize the anime community. Sales shouldn't be sacrificed for having good female characters and all this talk about "progressiveness" seems to only apply to male characters as far as western fans go. Male-driven shows are inherently more popular and people act like this should be a normal thing and accepted. I agree Yuri on Ice should remain as it is but there's not much bravery in what its done. It would be far more unusual for a female-driven sports show to become a best selling, internationally talked about series given the non-existent yuri fanbase and bias against women not being supporting characters for men like in every shounen.

It's shit.