Storytime: Yu-Gi-Oh! - Road to Darkside of Dimensions

Since there's a new YGO movie releasing next month here in the west, I thought it would be cool to dump the original manga which the movie is based off of. For those of you who only ever watched the anime, I highly recommend reading the manga as it's much darker and better written than the anime was imo. There's also none of the fillers you have to deal with. Since the movie is releasing on Jan 27, 2017, I will dump one volume a day leading up to its release.

Unfortunately, something came up yesterday so I had to cut storytime short, but I'll make it up today by finishing the rest of Vol 4 and all of Vol 5 so we're back on track. The entire DEATH-T arc will be completed today!

Previous Threads:

(cont. vol 4)

Chapter 29

Chapter 30

DOD is based on the anime though

No it's based off the manga. I think you're referring to the dub version, but 4K recently made a statement saying they're not changing or censoring the movie in anyway so I think they're going to stick to making it a sequel to the manga. Even if they don't, having read the manga you should be able to pick up on things in the movie an anime watcher wouldn't understand.

Hey, OP, thanks for inspiring me to buy the complete series. If you were the original dumper, it confused me when you never uploaded more storytimes. Being impatient, I just read it myself. Currently collecting the ZeXal manga, too. You should tackle that next since it's good. Well, good holiday, user.

HOnestly, having grew up with the dub and watching it subbed... it honestly wasn't that much different in all honesty. it all about seemed about the same with small minor differences.

It wasn't that big a deal really.

>Dubfags are this retarded
The movie literally cannot happen in anime continuity. Where Kaiba was present in Millennium World.

Eh plot wise there are minor differences in DK, BC is mostly left in tact, and there were pretty major differences in MW. But character-wise there leaves a lot to be desired. I don't necessarily agree with how characters are portrayed in the anime. Reading the manga makes this clear.

Chapter 31

why is Golgo there?

jesus christ Kiba, just shoot them already

He not only had other guys do that but he genuinely just want to get Yugi "back" for making him feel the sensation of death. It's the suffering before the kill that matter to him.

What the fuck?

OP died again?

Sorry for the abrupt delays, internet problems. Should be fixed now.

Chapter 32

I saw yesterdays thread and, DAMN!

i couldnt believe how much an assholes the kaiba bros are.

>seto tortured, bankrupted, extorted and killed people just to get his 3 BEWDs.
>mokuba is a creepy asshole who is not above killing those who doesnt like.

Seto in the anime was always a jerk, yeah but i would never thought he was like that!

or the mind crush that kaiba recieves and apparently purifies his heart in the anime occurs here too? Because theres no way someone like this seto kaiba can become the antihero everyone knows

I understand i you dont want to answer that...

Chapter 33

Jounouchi-kun wins. Fatality.