Seriously, lads, is 1 bitcoin going to be worth 1 million dollars?

Because I still got 5 bitcoins which I purchased 2yrs ago with the intend to buy two fake watches from the dark net, but then chickened out because I thought Jamal from Bangalore may not be the most trustworthy merchant.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GIbSAPUAzN8
coinbase.com/join/591f581d82877600b8b6889a
youtube.com/watch?v=BRvN-01B2E0
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

according to clif high it will be at least up to 500k

Thx, good to know. So I hang on to these coins then I guess. I mean, my investment was minimal and I don’t need the money right now, but if this goes to 500k, I am 2.5 million in the blue and can buy me a house and an Ukrainian girl for a year.

Ponzi

dont thank me check him out and his reports he does ;)

>bitcoin will NEVER EVER crash!
youtube.com/watch?v=GIbSAPUAzN8

fuck off swiss bankster

see this investment as your private pension found !!! just make sure your coins are on YOUR wallet and keep it safe !!!

They are at bitcoin.de where I bought them. I think they got a German banking license.

I don’t want to go and have a pension, it is stupid. I want to work forever.

The scammers are getting smarter. Im just glad my loved ones are too poor to buy this shit

So no 1 million per bitcoin? But they have increased in value for so long.

all nice and good until they get hacked... your usb stick with wallet on it under your pillow cant get hacked or can it ?

it could multiply your money 10x over in a year. it could flatline and lose momentum and stabilize sometime before then. it could crash down and you could lose about 2/3rds of your money and it may or may not recover days or maybe years later.

beyond a year, i can't even predict. but roll the dice or don't. i think great profit is plausible in the short term at least.

i'm curious to see how it reacts after 10,000. does it moon or does the energy start to subside after the historic digits are reached do people begin to feel a pause or loss in market momentum. let me know what you think in the comment section below be sure to like and subscribe

they will because their value is measured in the worth the fancy colored paper you own has

> it could crash down and you could lose about 2/3rds of your money and it may or may not recover days or maybe years later.
I bought them at 200 euros a piece, I can afford to lose a thousand euros.

Didn't some bitcoin bank get hacked in 2012 and it was never supposed to recover

and by flatline i mean relatively, bitcoin has volatility it will bounce up and down a lot, but i mean overall the value could lock in at more or less a particular value for a while.

but over the last two years bitcoin has been steadily going up, worth another thousand a couple times a month. if this momentum continues for another year then the profit potential is about 10x

i just hope for stablization and natural flow to alts.

Mt. Gox, and it was no bank, but a badly run exchange in Tokyo

thats why its smart to move your coins on YOUR coin wallet and have it locked away and not on a coin base... if u buy and sell stuff than it makes sense... but not for safe keeping !

just check out clif high and bitcoins he talked about it for ages guys !!!

it probably didn't get hacked. they were stealing from their customers and i suspect they were outed with a "hack"

well if you're gamblign with money you can't afford to lose that's a thing that might happen. what did you want to hear? but i think it pretty unlikely that bitcoin crashes, and even then it will probably revover in a year or two. for you to lose money permanantly seems unlikely. bitcoin itself would need to die or take some major hit out of left field, and in the next year i don't see why it would. but hey, anything can happen. there is an element of risk here, that's unavoidable obviously.

but looking at past data, bitcoin hit the first thousand, and then it crashed down to a third that value and didnt revover for two years. but back then it didn't have the two years of upwards momentum that we have now coming into 10,000

it's almost 11k now. I have no problem seeing this go to 40k next year.

>thats why its smart to move your coins on YOUR coin wallet and have it locked away
And then your usb stick gets like stolen or shit

Dude they are not safe on the exchange. Do some research on hardware and buy a wallet.

only if you brag about it... other wise its just a usb stick!!! also you can keep it in a safe m80

Ok, I look into it. Why do I have to buy a wallat? Shouldn’t it be free?

Nobody knows I got bitcoins except my gf and family.

As an absolute begginner what's the BEST way to get into this. I know so little about investing, but say if I threw £100 into this - do I stand to make much profit in, say, 2-5 years on the current projection. Where & how do I find a comprehensive guide to get started? My job pays shit (but I love it) and I'm looking for an extra source of income.

well than you know who could have stolen it ;)

>what's the BEST way to get into this

go back in time 5 years

check out clif high and his reports !!!

i know right. i knew about bitcoins when they were under a hundred bucks a pop. if i had put a thousand into it then. but no i didn't think i had the money to risk i had groceries to buy. fucking groceries and rent. i could have slept in a ditch and eaten bread for a month and i'd be rich right now.

so its not an error i want to repeat. i'd rather lose some money risking bitcoin then miss the fucking gravy train again

Thanks to that graph I know that I should by once it crashed back to 2.5 thousands. Thanks OP

If bitcoin truly gets mainstream, it could.

There are 7 billion people in the world. If every one of those people decide that bitcoin might be worth trading, then 1billion/btc is cheap.

The other possibility is the dollar crashing, in which case 1billion/btc won't really be worth a lot.

Do it faggot! Also you can accumulate further by trading altcoins. It's really not hard to make money there, it's not like the stock or money market.

Same exact spot, but how realistic is it that you can actually retrieve funds from your investment. I've heard the stories about 200 dollar withdrawals being the maximum, while nice, that doesn't mean you can just cash out now?

I would, faggot - but I'm not just gonna throw £100 at something I don't properly understand. I need a proper guide, one that doesn't just assume knowledge of the stock market too. All I can find are ones on 'investing' sites that use terminology I don't understand.

localbitcoins m8

pros on there will cash you out sometimes up to 50k at a time. all thru bank transfer, dont have to meet.

Will be funny when everyone switches to litecoin.

yeah i'm not clear on how cashing out works. i've been watching bitcoin for years without participating. pretty stupid. i could have invested a single dollar into bitcoin just to play with it and learn. and that idea just occured to me now.

but there seems to be fees anyways. i don't know. maybe if you cant move to fiat currency fast enough you could find a stable alt coin to trasnfer to if bitcoin starts to crash? i'm speculating.

but bitcoin has skyrocketed these last two years. if it keeps going you win. if it doesn't you lose but maybe regain most or all of what you lost in time. thats how i understand it, but i think profit is more likely then failure. but maybe not, it really depends on whether the excitement can be sustained over a year, especially in this next month or two when great profit will eaither continue or start to flake off. but the time to invest i think is now?

>tfw had good 1.7 bitcoins on my old pc which i got 7-8 years ago
>forgot about them got new pc roughly the same time the old one is sitting in my basement for years

Im too afraid to check since i probably deleted the wallet and i like the illusion of them being there

are you kidding me
shitcoin supposed to crash with no survivors
cmon

>being this retarded
Jesus, some people are born suckers and will die suckers

That pic looks shopped.

How much is one worth now?

What would be the best place to get read in on this stuff. I feel like I kinda know whats going on but I don't completely understand the working. Feels like I've missed out completely as well.

>tfw my autistic college buddy had a bunch of bitcoins when they weren't worth shit
>He probably spend a bunch of them on bullshit, if he has anything left he's a fucking millionaire by now.

there is software that can be used to recover lost files from a formatted hard drive. or even deleted files. as long as the file hasn't been written over.

and anyways the bitcoins aren't on your computer. just the wallet number or whatever that you need. or however it works.

so even if you deleted that info you might be able to get it back. for free. and its pretty easy. but hey, it's only worth $18,700 and may be worth $187,000 in a year. but fuck that noise, you got better shit to do right

Explain how I'm retarded for not understanding something that seems completely confusing to anyone who doesn't already understand the stock market? I'll call you retarded for not understanding something I have intimate knowledge of too, if you like? Or, seeing as you're clearly the expert maybe you could give your own guide. I doubt you will though, because you're just another cunt on Sup Forums.

10k usd

try youtubes

i don't know, i've been pretty lazily checking in on bitcoin on and off for years slowly absorbing information and reading articles and stuff. i still don't full understand it, but many gaps in my knowledge are practical and could be solved with actual experience. my advice is that even if you don't put any real money into bitcoin right now, to put at least some money into it, $10 even, just to gain experience and to figure out how it all works, if you're interested. that's what i'll be doing

>Explain how I'm retarded for not understanding something that seems completely confusing to anyone who doesn't already understand the stock market?
It isn't complicated once you spend 5-10 minutes researching it. It has nothing to do with the stock market, really. You're still retarded, even now. You could have spent 10 minutes and had a clear understanding of what it is.
Further, it's been around for 9 years now. It's not new. If you'd have being paying attention, you'd have checked it out years ago... but you didn't, because you weren't. That's why you'll always be destined to work a shitty job until the day you die. Because you're a born sucker.

>I'll call you retarded for not understanding something I have intimate knowledge of too, if you like?
It takes 30 seconds to google something. You're on the internet right now. Instead of doing this though, you fucking morons want people to hold your hand through life... Do you want me to fuck your wife while I'm at it too? How about pay your rent?

>Or, seeing as you're clearly the expert maybe you could give your own guide. I doubt you will though, because you're just another cunt on Sup Forums.
Do your own research, you fucking imbecile. See above

No one will buy bitcoin, not even for illegal transactions, you can illegal things for like 100x cheaper IRL.

I've googled it, as I explained. It's all from sites that already assume prior knowledge. I'm not looking to make millions, I'd just like a rough guide. Besides, bitcoins can't buy a 19 year old ballerina GF hehehe

So how come its 10k per Bitcoin and 5 billion USD worth is traded every 24 hours?!

Something isn't right with your logic here mohammed

bitcoin is the gateway coin

they buy bitcoin then buy monero

nobody big sells monero straight for usd.

>I've googled it, as I explained.
Then you're braindead and can't be helped then

> I'm not looking to make millions, I'd just like a rough guide.
You haven't googled shit because there are detailed guides on the first page of google

>Besides, bitcoins can't buy a 19 year old ballerina GF hehehe
You obviously still don't even slightly understand Bitcoin then

yeah i've been reasearching it for years so i got the basic gestalt that way. but any one article that can be read in a few minutes isn't going to leave someone with a confident feeling that they understand bitcoin.

there are some fundemental concepts that can be difficult to wrap the head around. mayeb not for you because you're so smart. but for some of us there's a lot of info all at once and if you wanted to learn quickly with confidence that what you were learning was legit, it would be nice if there was a good website for that. thats what he was asking for. he can google it but he doesnt yet know what the fucks even going on to judge with accuracy any of what he's even reading.

Bitcoin is a ponzi scheme used by drug dealers that can be wiped out with a single EMP blast. Invest in tulips instead.

The graph you posted kinda does suggest it IS a bubble. Of course everyone says that the burst will never happen, especially when they're financially invested in it.

hold them, forget you own them for ten years

Maybe. Keep in mind, bitcoin is completely willing buyer willing seller valued and doesn't actually hold any inherent value.

>So what?
This means that you're completely buying it on the idea of hoping to sell it later. So are most people. An ETF that tracks bitcoin is GBTC, I bought it for about 100 dollars a share less than a year ago. It's worth 1500 a share today. It's price will fluctuate anywhere from 10-400 dollars a day. This is so fucking volatile that you would be batshit to invest actual amounts of money you care about in it. Why is it so bad? Because no one wants to standing on the bubble when it pops.

What is it that you don't understand?

I don't disagree that 10 minutes isn't enough to fully understand anything, but its enough to get you to a point where you can figure out what you need next.

This is basic learning 101. These fucking faggots want people to learn for them or something. They want hand holding throughout.

It's laughable

yeah but "serious actual money" to some people might be tens of thousands of dollars. for most of us "serious money" is less then a grand. honestly the risk is worth the potential reward if you would have otherwise spent it on only a grand worth of stuff.

it's not like the stock market is even practical for poorfags. so this is the closest thing they can get realistically. i'd be wary about spending tens of thousands or more, or even several thousand. but under a thousand, or a few grand if you're wealthy somewhat. hey, worthwhile risk if it doesn't ruin you.

but yeah, i agree. its a bubble. any speculation on when it might pop? this year?

Well - is it as simple as buying coin from CEX, storing in wallet, then waiting and selling at a higher price? Is that literally it? Because if so I'm guessing the most complicated part of the process it storing it in a wallet? If all I plan to do is sit on my investment and sell at a higher price then is it really that simple? There's all this talk of 'diversifying your portfolio and shit - I'm only throwing £100 at it so is diversifying really worth it? Also how easy is it to cash out your bitcoins back to GBP? is it simple or do they get you with fees and whatnot? Thanks for the response.

who knows

yeah i get you. but i'm kind of stupid when it comes to economics and when i first started learning about bitcoin i was pretty confused. if someone could have guided me to a decent website that doesn't assume you already know the basics it would have been helpful at the time. Most of the sites on google explaining it had pretty complicated explanations and hey, maybe we're just dumb.

No, you just need to focus and actually spend some time learning it. Instead, you choose to do other shit. How long did you actually spend learning about it? 10 minutes of clicking randomly and only reading headlines, etc?

I know people like you and they get nothing done

It is not a bubble. If you are waiting for prices to drop so you can invest, you are not going to be very happy.

you should buy ETH btw. its more likely that eth doubles to 1k than btc goes from 10k to 20k. ETH is the smart play here. if BTC crashes you still make money.

people are too confused about "wallets" n shit. all you need to access your coins is your private key. all bitcoin is is public private key cryptography. your public key is your address and the private key is your access code

I have no idea when it'll pop. I'm baffled it's as valuable as it is now.

>Poorfag stockmarket
Go pick a few ETFs. Preferably at least one that follows an exchange. Done. Enjoy your 7-10% returns a year. Or just 15-20 random stocks.

Kinda wish I had invested back when it was $30. I remember discussing it with a friend, but I considered it too risky.
Not that it matters. If I had bought them at $30, it's not like I would have held on to them to this day.

forgot to add: stop talking about stocks

bitcoin is an asset like gold.

Look mate, I understand where we are here but there's no need to be so self righteous. You assume a lot considering all you know about us is that we don't really grasp the cryptocurrency market. We may not be Pickle Rick IQ juggernauts like you, but we've been pretty reasonable with you considering how argumentative you've been. Could you teach me a little on how to be more of a prick because you seem to have that one nailed!

>you should buy ETH btw
kek

babypips .com / school

master the markets .pdf

t. Time waster

You could have been learning about Bitcoin in the time you spent typing that

My point is: You DONT WANT TO LEARN anything. You want someone to TELL YOU what to do, and how to make money because you think its some sort of get rich quick bs now.

Ain't gonna happen fucker

Thanks. Fuck - this is all I needed. Thank you so much.

7 to 10% returns a year on what? a thousand dollars? $70 to a hundred dollar profit a year?

why bother?

bitcoin is either going to destroy my thousand, or multiply it, possibly several times over.

10% a year pffff, even if i put everything i have into it wouldnt make a grand. are youn understanding now how pointless the real stock or etfs or whatever market is for poorfags?

>Well - is it as simple as buying coin from CEX, storing in wallet, then waiting and selling at a higher price? Is that literally it?
Yes
You don't have to diversify it you don't want to, but as I said, you could play with a fraction of your Bitcoins and trade altcoin/bitcoin pairs and accumulate more bitcoins that way. It's what many people do and it's really not hard even for a noob.
Cashing out is simple. You sell your coins, you get your money, you withdraw it to your bank account just as with paypal, ebay etc and you pay a small fee for that

I so fucking regret myself.

Many years ago I bought bitcoins to buy weed on darknet. They where cheap back then and I wasted all on weed.

Then the bitcoins went up in price and I was like

>Fuck that. It will get cheaper.

And I waited and waited and waited. Now I'm dreaming nightmares about bitcoins.

Fucking weed.

Stop these threads!
I literally saw when it crashed and refuse to buy it. Now it breaks my jewish heart to see its' price going up every second

so many of us have missed the bitcoin gravy train. is it too late to jump on the train? will the train crash? how much gravy is left? there's only one way to profit and its the same way to lose, we have to take the risk. i don't knwo about you but i'd rather risk the money then risk missing this fucking gravy train again. the regrets then would be 100x more then the regret of losing whatever paltry sum of shekels i have now

coinbase.com mate, easy as piss you just buy it straight up

coinbase.com/join/591f581d82877600b8b6889a

It'll take time, but nothing is stopping that from becoming a reality.

>getting butthurt over 4chins posts
you know in most likelihood you're replying to an underaged larper 90% of the time, right?

To all you faggots jammering about not taking bitcoins seriously 100000 years ago, even if you did invest in it when they were worth 1 dollar each you would've sold them when they were 100 dollars a pop like everyone else did.
Stop kicking yourselves.

not sure why you laugh but bitcoin is a dead coin walking

+ i know vitalik personally so i have to shill of course

there is only 3 areas that will serve a purpose and btc is already redundant

-currency
-smart contract platform
-privacy

ETH can do 1 and 2 already, monero does number 3

btc is redundant.

buy eth

btc will die eventually and that money will moon ETH

as more and more coins are lost, the less it can become a currency (nobody will spend it because it keeps going up and up). see, people think bitcoin is like gold (no inflation rate) but when people lost gold it still existed somewhere on earth. when you lose your coins thru death or losing private keys then those coins are gone FOREVER. people are going to realize this well before it hits ridiculous highs. crypto coins need an inflation rate to make up for this.

there are so many stories like yours. There was this one guy who posted his public and private keys in a photo, unaware of what their meaning is and had his shit stolen. Someone on biz said the guy lost thousands of bitcoins

bitcoin is basically plebbit: the electronic currency, I remember the threads about how hard they were shilling for it.

It's growing nicely for sure, but it's good to keep in mind that the only reason anyone pays any attention to Bitcoin is, that it's making people a ton of money.
That's it.
It's one massive get rich quick scheme and 99.99% of people couldn't give less of a fuck about what the technology itself is about or what potential it holds.
Hell, no one is even reading about it. It's just "How do I throw money at it so I can multiply my money?"
Anyone who looks at and thinks that it's sustainable growth on any level imaginable is a complete moron.
But if you're a gambling man and really want to make good money from crypto, get your money and put it on small alt-coins.
You can realistically 20x your money from those at this point, where as Bitcoin might or might not end up doubling or tripling your money.

I'm sure blockchain tech itself will become a permanent and widespread thing, but I firmly believe it's going to be some bank created payment system that's pretending to be crypto, that eventually claims the spot as the safe and stable option.
All it takes is one visit from 10k or 20k to 900$ for BTC to fall into the "ultimate pyramid scheme" category and normies won't have anything to do with it ever again.

As others have pointed out, Coinbase. Easy to buy from them. However, that's all they are.

If you want to trade then you will need to setup an account with Kraken or Gdax. Then you can swap coins btc for ltc, etc. Or open with Kraken or Gdax and fund. Gdax is operated by Coinbase, so if you setup a coinbase account first, it's relatively easy to get signed up with Gdax (assuming you can fund). I happen to live in one of the states in the US that they are not licensed with and had to go with Kraken. I wanted Gdax to avoid fees when trading.

youtube.com/watch?v=BRvN-01B2E0

Well, I did the same. Bought certain herbs with 7 bitcoins in 2013 and 2014... thought I was lucky buying 7 coins so cheap in 2013 so wanted to spend it all. Then took a break and for Xmas 2015 wanted to buy the watches (not cheap stuff).

All in, I could have bought 100 bitcoins in 2013 and sold them at 50k each next year.

Is this legit? How certain is this?

satoshi pls
tell truthfully did u lose your private key?

Could be worth Trillions, the USD is on the edge of hyper inflation.