Fewer Finns than before say they think Finland should join the NATO military alliance...

Fewer Finns than before say they think Finland should join the NATO military alliance, according to a new survey by Taloustutkimus. The study was commissioned by the Advisory Board for Defence Information (ABDI), a parliamentary committee focusing on security policy.

The results of the interview-based survey were published on Wednesday. They show a dip in NATO-positive attitudes, falling from 25 percent to 22 percent from 2016.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kwC_IaY3BmY
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economy_of_Lithuania
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economy_of_Latvia
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economy_of_Estonia
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economy_of_Finland
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>implying your government won't join anyway

Good. You shouldn't die for (((America))).

>Fewer Finns than before say they think Finland should join the NATO military alliance, according to a new survey by Taloustutkimus. The study was commissioned by the Advisory Board for Defence Information (ABDI), a parliamentary committee focusing on security policy.

>The results of the interview-based survey were published on Wednesday. They show a dip in NATO-positive attitudes, falling from 25 percent to 22 percent from 2016.

Finland will join NATO

This is just stupid. We're basically part of NATO. We get the negative effects from the membership but not the benefits. Why are Finns so stupid?
We arent' neutral, far from it. Why can't you see it?

We already do. Several people have died in Afghanistan

Cuck mentality stamped hard into their minds thanks to decades of finlandization. They think they have to ask master russia permission for everything.

>"p-please master russia can i stand up to pee"
>"njet"
>"o-okay...."

IN FINLAND WE CALL IT THE TRUMP EFFECT

Finns are strong and the russians bow down to them.

But it would be American soldiers who would risk their lives if something serious happened

Finns should just know that russian nukes are pointed at Finland even if Finland isn't in NATO.

They've been that way for 50 years and we don't care.

>Finns are strong and the russians bow down to them.

Fact(true)

>They've been that way for 50 years and we don't care.
*pretend not to care

Daily reminder that NATO is a terrorist organization who killed more people that ISIS.

Finland is a very smart country.
Joining NATO would only ruin relations with Russia for no benefit

EU ARMY NOW

The survey suggests that Finnish attitudes toward the future of the European Union haven't changed much, despite the EU's debt crisis and Brexit drama. More than half (58 percent) of the 1,001 interviewees said their faith in the EU remains unchanged. The figure from last year was just 45 percent.

The study also found that 60 percent of respondents (up from 58 percent) think the EU as an institution benefits Finnish national security.

This pretty much sums what people here think.
As long as we don't join formally to any alliances we're immune
youtube.com/watch?v=kwC_IaY3BmY
. Doesn't matter that we're train with the NATO whole the time and even send troops to Afghanistan and train Kurds

See

>ruin relations with Russia
EU don't need any relations with terrorist state.

1. Relations are already ruined even without being a part of nato
2. No other country has ruined relationships with russia by joining nato, the relations were ruined by russia by invading ukraine

So funland is suffering all the negative effects of nato membership without any of the benefits.

I'd call that being a sucker.

I am not an expert, but I am pretty sure that the Baltic states have a much worse Relation with Russia than Finland does

What do these "worse relations" mean in practice? Baltics have more trade with Russia than we do.

Can any Finbro tell me what the negative aspects of joining NATO would be? Worsening diplomatic relations with Russia, obviously, but what else?

Cyberattacks, anti-estonian propaganda, and so on.

>Baltics have more trade with Russia than we do.
I find that hard to believe

There's very little concrete differences aside from russian diaspora since the biggest disagreement between baltics and russia comes from their treatment of their russian minority. Thank god there are very few russians in finland.

>Cyberattacks
These seems to happen frequently
>anti-estonian propaganda
Who cares? Less Russians come here the better.

Then why the EU has relationships with the USA and Saudi Arabia?

>Cyberattacks, anti-estonian propaganda, and so on.

Nobody cares, we can protect our computers and FUCK ESTONIA

1. Putin will send a very strongly worded letter to the president
2. The already heavily militarised border will be even more militarised, if they find the money

That's it.

>I find that hard to believe
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economy_of_Lithuania
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economy_of_Latvia
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economy_of_Estonia
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economy_of_Finland
Compare the exports and imports to Russia

>Cyberattacks, anti-estonian propaganda,

Bigotry: the definition.

But what is the benefit of joining NATO?
Do you seriously fear Russia might invade you?

>But what is the benefit of joining NATO?
Have the article 5th since we're already a member without this. Why does this seem to bother Russia I wonder
>Do you seriously fear Russia might invade you?
No. Why do you get insurance? Just in case something happnes.
Should we abolish the military while we're at it since there's no real threat from Russia?

If there was a crisis in the baltic sea right now finland will be occupied by russia. It's inevitable and something that all defense strategy in finland is built around.

NATO membership would raise the threshold for a russian invasion just enough that they wouldn't invade just to secure the bothnian bay and control of waterways to stockholm for insurance or for shits and giggles.

Finns refuse to accept this fact for some reason.

NATO isn't an insurance. Otherwise you would just pay some money to Americans and they would defend you if you are attacked.
NATO means giving away some of your sovereignty, by having troops of a foreign country stationed on your territory

>NATO isn't an insurance
Get the fuck out Ivan

What you don't seem to understand is that we're already doing everything a full member does without the possible benefits. We're already paying shit tons of money for nothing. And the NATO troops don't come to your country unless asked.

He's that diaspora ryssä. Should go back to his glorious motherland

>What you don't seem to understand is that we're already doing everything a full member does without the possible benefits
Like what? You are not bound by article 5

THERE IS NO BENEFIT TO JOINING NATO

NATO IS FOR CUKHOLD COUNTRIES

>You are not bound by article 5
Exactly and that's the problem.
>Like what?
Sending troops to afghanistan, training kurds, joining nato war games, holding wargames and training with the US on our soil, military fully nato-capable list goes on.
We're more precipitant than most members

Nobody forces you to do that.
Finland is in the privileged situation that it can play both sides (Russia and NATO) against each other.
If Finland was to fully commit to only one side, it would definitly weaken their current position

What did you think he meant by "possible benefits" you thick cunt.

estonians became pretty smug once they joined nato so they decided to get rid of soviet ww2 memorials, they thought pissing off russians would be super funny. the result was that russian hackers literally took down estonia's internet by ddos'ung the shit out of it. eestis were shitting their pants begging their for nato master to help

>Finland is in the privileged situation that it can play both sides (Russia and NATO) against each other.
Real life doesn't work like that. If there's a conflict between NATO and Russia we're bound to get involved due to our geographical position

t. ryssä

>Finland is in the privileged situation that it can play both sides (Russia and NATO) against each other

>so they decided to get rid of soviet ww2 memorials
Why is it any of Russia's business what they do with their statues I wonder.
What do you in a NATO country? Go back to your shithole if you love it so much

>If there's a conflict between NATO and Russia we're bound to get involved due to our geographical position
Which is exactly why instead of becoming a cuck partner we should gain control of the entirety of the Baltic sea area and lock everyone else out of it.
#suursuomi #marenostrum

i'm not a russian lol. it is amusing how emotional nato shills are

>cyberterrorism is fun whne we do it:^)
This is why NATO is nedeed.

You're that diaspora ryssä who always comes defending the motherland

>If there's a conflict between NATO and Russia
That's a big if.

>everybody who disagrees with me is a russian
low IQ nato shill

Indeed and a smaller conflict with Finland and Russia is much more likely to happend,
It's highly unlikely that will happen, but more likely than NATO-Russia.
You see where I'm going with this?

Considering that putin was ready to tank both western relationships and russian economy just for crimea there's no telling what he'll do next. If you act like a mad dog don't be surprised if your neighbors buy guns to defend themselves with.

>(((NATO)))

Really doubt Finland would send their soldiers to war because someone attacked Spain.

You've been on Sup Forums shilling for russia for three years already, when will you go back to glorious motherland?

>öyh öyh nato
>öyh öyh russia
Nibbas no, Africa. Neocolonialism my dude, it's time to start exploiting some black people.

russia would never dare to invade a nato country and vise versa. you have paranoia

Funland joined nazi germany in their invasion of soviet union, we're down for everything.

>Indeed and a smaller conflict with Finland and Russia is much more likely to happend
About what? Russia and Finland have no disputed territories, and the relation between the two countries is cordial

>just for crimea
Crimea is Russian access to the black sea and the mediterrane. With Crimea gone, Russian Navy would be useless and Russia open to NATO invasion.

>there is only one german poster on Sup Forums
low IQ nato shill, you must be an estonian lobbyist

>russia would never dare to invade a nato country
Which is exactly why finland should join nato. I'm glad we agree on something.

But we're not in NATO
>you have paranoia
Sure thing buddy why don't we just get rid of our military. Do you get incusrances? Why are you paranoid?

With a good reason.

We're talking about a cunt on the other side of Europe.

yes, do it like japan you cuck

Can you see the future? Yeah the relations might be at a decent level, but no one knows about the future.
History has shown there could be swift happenings in Russia

But Japan is remilitarizing

Bullshit. Sevastopol is one of the major ports of russian navy but not irreplaceable, not that russia was ever in danger of losing it. Ruining western relations and tanking the russian economy for it was retarded.

bad decision for them, abe is a fascist

Nah, you're painfully obviously a russian. Getting so defensive only proves my point. Now get the fuck out vladimir.

>Crimea is Russian access to the black sea and the mediterrane. With Crimea gone, Russian Navy would be useless and Russia open to NATO invasion.
So? Does this give Russia right to annex?
You just give more reasons to join NATO.

>not that russia was ever in danger of losing it
after euromaidan it definitely was tho

FINLAND IS FREE

FUCK NATO

But Russia is investing to its military far more. Why isnt that fascism

>fascist
Пoпaлcя!

what makes you so sure about it, sherlock?

>shitting on based Abe
Wow are you really a shill?
Is China a good peaceful country according to you?

If morocco were to invade spain finland would definitely send help since funland has spotless record for honoring treaties.

Not really.

I hope they get invaded and russia takes back the russians that don't want to be russians
exactly

>openly anti-russian government in power
>poroshenko wants to join nato
are u retarded

>tfw you won with this post
get fucked putinbots :DDDDDDDDDDDDDD

If Russian-Finnish relations become worse, that would be a good argument to join NATO.

Nobody is talking about moral right. A country that feels existential threat will do anything to defend itself

finland doesn't have pro-russian separatist regions like ukraine or georgia so why would you be scared

There was nothing to warrant any belief that ukraine wouldn't honor the lease on the base or was not open to renegotiating the terms or warrant russia invading ukraine and ruining russian economy for years. You sound like little sheep bleating out the official truth approved by kremlin.

>I hope they get invaded and russia takes back the russians that don't want to be russians
Huh? Do you want people to suffer that much?
This is some extreme level of russophobia

>A country that feels existential threat will do anything to defend itself
Well such countries shouldn't have nukes that for sure.

Every country reacts this way.
USA was ready to start WW3 due to Cuban missile crisis

>oh no russian installed leader of ukraine just got run out of the country
>better invade them lol
Then the retards and shills wonder loudly why finns want to join nato

>There was nothing to warrant any belief that ukraine wouldn't honor the lease on the base
are you literally retarded? the whole purpose of nato is to keep keep out the russian influence in europe. there is no way that ukraine would still lease the port to russia if it joined nato

daily reminder that yanukovich's impeachment was unconstitutional by ukrainian law. you can't just kick out the president just because you don't like him anymore

>Huh? Do you want people to suffer that much?
I didn't really take that into consideration

>Would you like to remain with NATO or suck Russian cock?

Apparently this is a tough choice for them.

Good. Stay out of americas meat shield