One Punch Man OPM

What is the point of this character? Why are they hyping him up so much?

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/ONE_rakugaki/status/812622564207923200
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

because he's One Kick Man

More importantly, what is the point of this tournament arc? What is the point of this Murata original shitshow?
>hurr durr ONE is writing the stories
Why is he ruining the original story that made him big in the first place?

>there are multiple giant centipedes
>Psykos is not the boss of the Monster Association
>the S Class hero development is all over the map
>Fubuki's stand in the MA arc has now less impact after she went up against BDSM Whore
etc etc.

I stopped reading for a while, came back, still like it but am tired of this tournament arc already.

What else?

It's obviously for another "He's strong but then he get le ebin One Punch from le Saitama lolol xd ' gags.

To defeat in one punch. As a joke.

Surprised you could not figure that one out 70 chapters in of manga called One Punch Man.

There's obviously more to him than that, but he wasn't in the webcomic so I can't imagine what.

I don't understand what the fuck you're yapping on about

>implying ONE gives a shit at this point

He reminds me of Ray from beyblade.

>implying saitama wont lose on purpose so people dont bug him about winning and he can just go home
>implying the guy he's fighting wont recognize that saitama held back/threw on purpose
>implying he wont then dedicate himself to getting stronger because he realizes saitama's strength
>implying he wont then show up 100's of chapters later having trained his ass off for a rematch

And then saitama 1 punches him.

>What is the point of this Murata original shitshow?
>hurr durr ONE is writing the stories

I don't get it.

You know you are wrong, how is ironically greentexting the truth going to change that?

Void Fist is going to probably dodge a punch or two, foreshadowing how Garou will be able to because he's a martial arts master and Saitama has no idea how to throw a punch.
He will probably even win the match because it
>A) will get interrupted and Void Fist would have the point lead by judge and announcer bias
>B) Void Fist might be strong enough to push Saitama out of the ring.
What ever happens, neither would be satisfied with it.
At the very end of this arc Void will have tracked down Saitama and have a rematch in some rural area like on the bank of a river.
Saitama will body him and probably let him keep the prize money for hospital bills or something like that.

Because garou is gonna crush later

I'm much offended by the fact he wear chinese cloth even though he is not chinese and just because he is good at fighting. This arc is probably just another dragon ball parody.

He's not Chinese?

This whole arc is Muratas OC, it serves as filler while ONE catches up.

Is that Recca?

why the fuck are you using english then, dog fucker? Speak chingchong and fuck off

Funny part about what you said is that ONE basically gives unpublished version of his chapters to Murata to work with.

Shut up ching chong, it's a martial arts tournament of course he is wearing the sport's uniform.

if he's so strong why did no one pay him to catch garou

>martial arts tournament of course he is wearing the sport's uniform.
Why not wear the robes those judo fucks wear?

>foreshadowing how Garou will be able to because he's a martial arts master and Saitama has no idea how to throw a punch.
I don't remember Garou dodging shit from saitama

Garou will probably become powerful enough to deflect Saitama's blow if he keeps fighting strong people.

Okay, so I will explain it one more time. The whole point of this arc is to add more material and interesting finale for Season 2.
Since there originally is no fitting character and event, they decided to make a new one and they also had give him enough screen space for exposition (cause its lame if final boss suddenly shows up in last 5 minutes).
It makes more sense if you understand manga as script for anime (as it currently is), and my guess would be this moment will be part of final ep already so everything have to extra hyped.

I think it's kung fu.

There is not nearly enough material for the second season yet. It feels like a lot since Murata takes so long but this arc will be more like the mid season climax of season 2.

Reminder to take it easy when criticizing One Punch Man. One punch defenders are exceptionally voracious.

They've allowed their personal self-esteem get wrapped up in the show. They believe themselves clever for decoding symbolism on their own for the first time, and they are unable to realize that every one else understands it.

When you attack the show for being simplistic, they perceive it as an attack on them, because they genuinely thought more of themselves for understanding a "deep" show.

So, it's probably just better to let them be, since they won't allow themselves to believe any critique.

from the way this arc is written, it seems like he will become a monster, but then he would become just a garou-light

>I'm much offended by the fact he wear chinese cloth even though he is not chinese
There is no China in OPM. There is no Japan or America either.

Here, the actual offical world map.

Filler.

Ew, it's just a pile of dirt in the ocean.

Sounds familiar...

Like Asia.

No. Theres a reason why theres monsters and superhumans.

looks like he's a metaphorical representation of a protagonist from a generic shounen anime

in other words, the author is BTFOing the shounen trash

b r a v o

Nah, not really. First half of season 2 will be all the previous stuff (fubuki, king, genos arcs) and maybe some extra chapters of Saitama's life integrated). And second half will be tournament and invasion alternating with each other, just like its here, with conclusion to both. Which means first wave of monsters gets wiped out and one of them "wins" the money, or there is also likely outcome they tag team against baddest final monster (here Saitama wouldnt go all one-punch(twist) as usual, because he is undercover).
And now you are all spoil'd.

Generic shonen protag.

You might have more credence if you didn't post an imagine of Asuka along with it.

idk, i wouldn't mind all this waste of time if I it didn't feel like it's fucking up the plot for the future...
I've brought this up before and i was told there's no need to worry but heh

You have to tread carefully around OPM fans, as they will latch onto any tidbit they think will drag you down. When they can't find an avenue to attack your argument, they have to settle for insulting some innocent, unrelated, beautiful girl. That is how sensitive these fans are.

This this this

Also, im hyped as fuck now
When is the next chapter going to come out you think?
I NEED it

Whats the point of a filler chapter though?
The whole chapter could've been summed quicker and given us a little more content. Instead we are exactly where we were since the last chapter.

>participating in a tournament where total shitters compete to promote themselves five times
>not once
>five
There's 0 hype for this faggot.

Damn. I want to like Australia but their accent like nails on a chalkboard.

Garou countered and bitchslapped Saitama actually. Only person who managed to do anything of the sort.

He's getting btfo by Gouketsu soon and Saitama won't even have to do anything. Spoilers.

We're at the Monster Association arc and there's basically 0 content after the Monster Association arc.

He's gonna job dramatically to make MA, S classes and Garou look better.
After this fillershit Saitama is still eager to fight Garou, the martial arts top dog.

Murata's art is being wasted on OPM. I wish he would work on something that's actually good rather than repeating the same joke every chapter.

Hey fuck you cunt, not everyone is a damn bogan

Like some shit about soccer again?

Filler because ONE wanted the anime to end with garou.

It sounds too british and that sucks.

Yeah, but most of Garou will be left for Season 3, expect 2020+ .

well you posted an image related to evangelion, (which is widely associated with pretentious faggot basement dwellers). so making a long post calling one punch man simplistic and insulting the fans really gives us the wrong idea

Its like 2011 all over again. I feel young.

>stopped reading for a while, came back

This is my modus operandi with this manga

One Punch defenders can settle any argument with one post.

Whew. Could you be proving him any more right?

Funny, I think the same thing about all the burgerstani accents

I think the southern one is charming at least.

If you find sounding like an illiterate inbred charming.

I already said I don't like the Aussie accent.

Do you realize just how utterly short the Garou arc is? The filler is absolutely necessary if there is to be a season 2. Or are you alright with anime-original fillers?

Imho whole reason for the current "filler" is, they realized its impossible to fit whole MA arc and Garou end fight into S2. So instead whole thing is pushed back, and S2 will be padded with tournament arc.

Garou is also jobbing because WDM can handle Dragon levels threats based on hype without needing to powerup during a fight like MB.

Garou didnt even kill anyone. Shit villain desu.

You're fucking retarded then. casual Gary beat casual Saitama so hard that Saitama have to get serious.

The point of this arc is to hit home that the Hero Association isn't about being heroic. It's about idols trying to be heroic but being saved by the S class.

The Martial Arts Tournament has proven that even high rank A-class heroes are entirely ineffective when applied against actual professionals.

If you'd removed Saitama from the equation? It is highly likely that the guys he beat would all be considered low S-class with how easily they were destroying the other contestants.

It's just to make the post Monster Association arc stuff hit harder when they suddenly go 'well there's a competitor to the Hero Association and they are actually heroes' without going WHY THE FUCK WERENT THESE GUYS HEROES?

Hero Association heroes are by far the most arrogant and self occupied heroes with the exception of maybe Licenseless Rider.

It was straight up said that Garou only got as far as he did because Saitama was throwing telegraphed punches by being an amateur fighter.

He could easily predict what Saitama could do until Saitama upped the ante.

Mumen Rider is the most arrogant piece of shit I've ever seen actually.
He only do the muh heroic shit because he wants fame.
Read the manga, any fucking dude Mumen meets and he be like "want my autograph?"

So The Hunters get their equivalent of Bang.

My nigga Boros kicked Saitama to the moon and rocked him in his head before that. That's better then using mastery of martial arts to counter his attack.

kek

my nigga Saitama one punched Boros to oblivion, that's better than kicking a guy to the moon.
Garou uses his opponent's own attack power to counter.

Genos, Bang are also the exception.

No one has posted this?

twitter.com/ONE_rakugaki/status/812622564207923200

We are getting a new webcomic chapter!! To make up the long wait for the next Murata chapter.

Last chapter isn't even completed so it's probably just a few pages to complete the last chapter.

webcomic was slacking admirably this year, one chapter in spring, and one in august with finishing around xmas

It will probably end with Genos ready to "fight" Saitama again.

I still find it funny how Genos thinks he can finally fight Saitama with his improved parts.

Murata didn't adapt even half of the webcomic chapters.

Snek is the weakest A class and he was always in the top 4 of the tournament. The other martial artists were nothing special.

Daily reminder that Snek X Fubuki is OTP

Any chance Genos goes to the hunters after he fights Saitama because he will never beat him?

Gotta do "muh Mob Psycho reference".

Filler, and also to hype up the heroes who aren't part of the Hero Association who are stronger than S-class heroes, which is part of ONE's current arc but who knows when ONE will continue his webcomic.

Saitama wasn't serious against Garou, he just threw a couple serious moves (I think he only did Serious Tableflip and Serious Headbutt? Not even a Serious Strike).

>Mind if I get serious
He's not serious bruh eventhough the character himself said it.

No you don't understand!
He was merely sort of serious! He wasn't truly for real serious serious!

Yeah same with Boros. Using his Serious Punch even though he still held back

Just after saying that, he went and did the Serious Tableflip, I think he was referring to that. I mean it's not like he was in any sort of dire situation whatsoever.

>Fubuki's stand in the MA arc has now less impact after she went up against BDSM Whore

And Do-S is like one of the weakest Demon monsters in the HA.

This fight has kinda killed Fubukis character.

Literally /ourguy/

>people still think this is a great satire manga on shonen and overpowered heros

I don't even know what's going on besides this tournament. OPM should really move on and reveal something big to make the plot progress. The gimmick is getting really old and boring

DUDE ONE PUNCH LMAO

> what are monster cells