So because Catholics are the only real Christians that means they follow the Bible more closely than any other...

So because Catholics are the only real Christians that means they follow the Bible more closely than any other denomination, right?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=J_rkCc5clKw
youtube.com/watch?v=E7EyiWiyhK8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Do you know how many "revisions" the bible has had? That's probably the strongest reason I could never be a christian. They'll probably just make a new one when the old one doesn't fit nu-christianity's moral code. It's already happening, just look at the pope.

If they edit God's word then it's not the Bible.

Let's for a moment fo along with the idea of the great sky retard and Catholics being the real Christians...
But... you cannot lie about Catholics following the Bible.
You know damn well that Catholics don't believe in the Bible, but in the Pope.

wat

rofl replace bible with koran and you have the truth. I shouldn't expect a swede to know truth even if it was dropping 2 grenades a week.

they put their traditions above the Word of the LORD....just like the pharisees...and just like judaism.

>King James is the word of God

lolno
latins shit their pants at the mention of canon 28 of the 4th ecumenical council and canon 3 of the 2nd ecumenical council. Then Paul and James brother of Jesus BTFO peter at the Council of Jerusalem.

They disregard the bible completely, and follow their own traditions.

Catholics are not Christians. Never have been.

you know the catholics WROTE the bible right, revisions and all?

You know what I mean.
Catholics basicly reject the Bible and believe in the Pope's weird interpretations of it.
They constantly retardedly shout about how they love the Bible and Jesus, but they really are a bunch of child rapists and popesuckers...

None. Many translations though. Maybe that's where you got so utterly confused.

They did not even exist until hundreds of years after the bible was written.

Stop sucking the pope's dick.

Yes. Protestants remove books, take things out of context, use archaic, misleading translations, and ignore inconvenient passages.

Not long ago the Vatican deemed reading the bible a grave sin punishable by death

Yup. They call their pope "God on earth", since Jesus isn't walking around anymore.

They have absolutely no idea who the Holy Spirit is. Never met him.

Christians did not take books out of the bible.

The Catholics had jammed non-scriptural books into their canon.

Huge difference.

The difference between Catholics and east orthodox is nighttime composted to the difference between either group and Protestantism.

And not too long ago, they were burning any bibles not in Latin.

Two legs on the same doomed statue.

Protestant master race

>nighttime
Miniscule. Swype is garbage.

Amish Anabaptist are the only real christians.

Source that shit nigger

"archaic" so... translating the original sources is heretical?

>"God on earth",
What

Theres a bit more than you think user.

Tell me where I can read about papal indulgences in the bible, senpai.

No one gives a shit about you in the end. Protestant or not.

Acts 10:25-26
>And as Peter was coming in, Cornelius met him, and fell down at his feet, and worshipped him.
>But Peter took him up, saying, Stand up; I myself also am a man.

If Peter was the first pope, he was the only good one.

Book of Tobit
KJV
James 2:14-26

Holy shit somebody finally fucking gets it.

>Not submitting to peter rabbit

Talking about the protestants who defend using the KJV in the modern day.

I have multiple EO friends, and discuss religion regularly with one of them. Protestants are MUCH more different.

"God's word" has already been edited by a bunch of different people, and compiled into the modern day bible.
Not sure if you're implying that I'm a muslim, but I'm not. Not an atheist either, though.
What I mean is the book of "X" format. The bible is basically a scrapbook of all the stories the council of Nicea liked the most. Some were cut, some were added. I might have actually read the bible if it had included the book of Enoch. Seems interesting, to say the least.

>this book I found in the hut of a goat herder in the desert in the bronze age must hold the secret to the universe and to go to heaven.

FACT

:Episcopal here:

No here to defend Latins but you protties are the most degenerate form of Christianity in existance. Steeped in all sorts of heresy that was delt with during most of the ecumenical councils and the Vatican let Martin Luther undo it all. Now theres all sorts of monophysite and miaphysite garbage around the world.

Enoch proves the white race are the children of Moses and the rightful chosen people of the post flood era. If you were Amsih you would know this.

Papal infallibility is weird and makes them not true Christians.

>use archaic, misleading translations

The Catholics literally killed people for translating the Bible in anything other than Latin.

They also killed some over that damned round wafer.

>follow the bible
nigga

>Book of Tobit
Didn't Athanasius(That one guy Latins like to bring up a lot because you think he proves your point) say that Tobit wasn't necessarily canon but appointed by the fathers to be read. To add the Orthodox study bible I have uses the NKJV which is a translated version of the Textus Receptus.

see

>As of 2017, he is currently the whitest man in the United States.

Go convert to Paganism already and get "redpilled" that Christianity is Jewish or something.

False believers, which is what 100% of Orthodox """"converts"""" are, are the cringiest shit on the planet. If you even go to one of their churches I can only imagine the hilarity of seeing one of you going to those Greek social club "churches" and making everyone uncomfortable while you talk about Putin and the Crusades.

Vicar of Christ

Or Simon Magus.

The council at Nicea had nothing to do with the books of the bible, at all, for anyone, ever.

>""""converts""""
Well yeah I'm a convert from Armenian Orthodoxy to Orthodoxy proper but thats about it really other than that we're pretty redpilled compared to you degenerate chicken fuckers.

What's that? People are free to come to God on their own, and you don't like it?

Suck it up, buttercup. Nobody came to God through the Catholic church. Not in numbers, anyway.

Not in the bible for good reasons.

Especially as their two great "truths" deified Mary.

Tobit is not in the bible.

Lateral move. Still lost.

Neither is the Didache or Clement or Ignatius.

Exactly. Now you're catching on.

>templars
Go worship your tranny goat.

catholics messed up the Bible over the years. by the time byzantine fell and old copies of the Bible found there way west it was solidified jerome's latin vulgate was a trash copy and full of errors. also, the inquistion was intended to kill christians predominantly and the most common reason for burning them was reading the Bible in their own language don't want them finding out about all the anti-bibilical shit they were up to

This, and not by the dozens. By the millions.

I get it man, I used to think the same thing.
What I learned is that there are many translations, but not really different "versions" as you're thinking of them. In fact, some versions (my NIV study Bible comes to mind) will actually list different translations for words simultaneously, to give the reader a more complete picture of the original meaning.

Now how the Bible gets interpreted by different sects is often contradictory, but not all Christians actually read or follow the Bible (ie Catholics).

this is correct. it had mostly to due with arianism though some of the pagan shit catholics apply to Christianity originated at the council such as sunday worship. i have no idea why so many believe the bs about that council. dan brown maybe

it was long established before which books were in and out and it was a rigorous link to the apostles which got them in the new testament. old testament never in question. an unbroken link to apostles was required. some made it and some didn't and some almost didn't but did. the gnostics gospels were never in question because they were well knwo to be fraudulent from the get go. just cause we found some in 1948 doesn't change that fact. early historical sources prove it

>Catholics venerate Mary, disgustingly so

Luke 11:27-28
>And it came to pass, as he spake these things, a certain woman of the company lifted up her voice, and said unto him, Blessed is the womb that bare thee, and the paps which thou hast sucked.
>But he said, Yea rather, blessed are they that hear the word of God, and keep it.

BTFO by Jesus himself.

The other group of misfits think that the Council of NIcea determined that Jesus is the Son of God.

Really, my patience for these people is wearing thin.

if youre amish isnt the internet haram?

The autistic obsession with a material implement like the book instead of the tradition is exactly the moment European christianity was doomed. It was only a matter of time then before it degenerated into atheism.

I think most Amish are smart enough to distinguish the descendants of Japeth from the descendants of Shem.

Because the book condemns the traditions.

>putting traditions over the Word of God

>I'm really good at reading a technical manual so I can fly this plane. Really, it's a matter between my conscience and the pilot. Here I fly, I can do no other.

By the way, your cat appears to be a priest of Dagon.

Matthew 15:1-
>Then came to Jesus scribes and Pharisees, which were of Jerusalem, saying, Why do thy disciples transgress the tradition of the elders? for they wash not their hands when they eat bread. But he answered and said unto them, Why do ye also transgress the commandment of God by your tradition? For God commanded, saying, Honour thy father and mother: and, He that curseth father or mother, let him die the death. But ye say, Whosoever shall say to his father or his mother, It is a gift, by whatsoever thou mightest be profited by me; And honour not his father or his mother, he shall be free. Thus have ye made the commandment of God of none effect by your tradition. Ye hypocrites, well did Esaias prophesy of you, saying,

>This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me.

>But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.
Hmmm... Really makes you think.

>the Word of the almighty God can be easily encapsulated by a shitty material human implement with thousands of years of history
protestantism stood no chance against modernity

This was such a dumb argument back in 2013-2014 when it was popular, even Bart Erhman when pressed about it admits that the Victorian inspired bibles are accurate enough translations that we have a near-certainty of what Jesus of Nazareth said.

Pls l2 theology and history

You might be insane. You should look into it.

>Bart Erhman
Why Bruce Metzger never denounced that man is ponderous.

Fucking Alexandrian* not Victorian

The Bible is a mess anyway, I'll admit that

Catholics are the only real Christians because the Holy Roman Catholic Church is the only one that descends from St. Peter himself.

The rest is pointless talk

I think I am very connected with reality, you might wanna check the absolute abysmal state of religion in the protestant world.

The singular verse the RCC uses for that proposition excludes Peter as the foundation of the church.

You speak of Christians, and then religion, as though they were somehow synonymous. The devil's world will never triumph over the family of God. Never.

>protestantism stood no chance against modernity

Protestants are just a different flavor of Cathodox man-made religion with all of their little rituals and false gospels and social club uselessness.

Meanwhile, actual Christians:
youtube.com/watch?v=J_rkCc5clKw

Matthew 16:22-24
>Then Peter took him, and began to rebuke him, saying, Be it far from thee, Lord: this shall not be unto thee.
>But he turned, and said unto Peter, Get thee behind me, Satan: thou art an offence unto me: for thou savourest not the things that be of God, but those that be of men.
>Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.

Your so-claimed first pope was called Satan by Jesus himself.

Nope. What the papists call "protestants" are Christians.

Yeah, the same day.

Yeah, Brucey raised a little demon. I just wish Bart's bad arguments weren't peddled like they are itt.

that confusion is a little understandable to me. it falls in line with the arianism debate. basically just arguing over the word begotten. a few different creeds emerged as a result. it wasn't about if He was the Son of God or not. it was about if He came into being from what is not, of another substance or essence,or created, or changeable, or altered.

i guess people get confused cause the Nicene Creed settled on only-begotten Son of God. son wasn't the issue. the only-begotten part was

Here's a much clearer verse on what constitutes the foundations of the church:

Ephesians 2
Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God;

And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone;

In whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an holy temple in the Lord:

In whom ye also are builded together for an habitation of God through the Spirit.

Luther himself removed one book he didn't like.

John 3:16 settled that for me.

Luther, the Catholic friar?

>Nope. What the papists call "protestants" are Christians.

In the sense they use that as a blanket term to cover anyone who isn't directly themselves.

But I honestly don't consider things like Lutherans to even be Christians, they're just Catholics who are renegade on a few doctrinal issues and would gladly rejoin if the Catholics "reformed" a few things.

Luther the "Scripture is always right" guy.

the letter kills the spirit. It's all about Christ.

So it's no wonder that anyone that reads the Bible by his own ends lost. If you read it you must have Christ in mind.

Aye, Rome's attempt to be at the heart of the Kingdom of God is nauseating. They even call themselves the eternal city, as opposed to Jerusalem, God's eternal city.

They teach their acolytes that there were no Christians from 32 AD to the time of the Reformation, but fail to disclose that not only were there people who never bent the knee to Rome, there were people who managed not to be murdered en masse by Rome.

Bloody church indeed.

That's not how I know him. I know him as Luther the guy tired of watching the gold flow to Rome guy.

The guy who was a virulent anti-semite, and Catholic friar, who sparked the counter-reformation and the most bloody people on earth.

romans themselves called Rome the eternal. Bishops have nothing to do with this.

So again spreading false info.

So Scripture isn't always right? Good on you for admitting (at least indirectly) what Catholics base their authority on.

Reminder to everyone that Catholics uphold Sola Ecclesia:
youtube.com/watch?v=E7EyiWiyhK8