I hope she'll like it.

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/11944672
strawpoll.me/11945170
strawpoll.me/11898829
clyp.it/djsrx2zn
studio-pablo.com/schedule.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Reminder that Flip Flappers is a bad show.

You are a bad child, Cocona. Why won't you listen to your own mother?

strawpoll.me/11944672
strawpoll.me/11944672

Reposting. Vote for the time of the 1-12 episode stream.

Reposting these too:

The census:
strawpoll.me/11945170

About Mimi:
strawpoll.me/11898829

>the "people who hate the new direction are shitpsoters!!!" strawpollfag again

I want to molest Cocona with my tongue

clyp.it/djsrx2zn

>the "misconstrue posts so that I can generalize" shitposter again

why

How does this make you feel?

Warm and happy inside.
I wish they weren't so lazy with the eye shading though.

gay

Cockona.

>Cockona

Like shit. This moment was supposed to be fucking hype but they completely ruined it by half-assing the build up.

>muh good Mimi appears out of nowhere and solves literally everything
Fuck off.

The shitposting never ends

Episode 12 is the defintion of rushed and deus ex machina.

After a lot of rewatching I finally understood some of the director's intentions and accepted quite a few issues that I couldn't previously.

>Yayaka upstaged Papika
I counted the active screen time of all characters and was mad about how Yayaka got double the time than the MCs. Upon second thought, this is actually consistent with the plot on both sides.
Yayaka is consistently a superior fighter than Papika, therefore she did better fight in this ep which is in character. Her henshin is also necessary development of the plot.
Papika being weaker than Yayaka is also consistently in character and actually not detrimental to her character because this shows her resolve and struggle to protect Cocona under unfavorable conditions despite lack of superior fighting power.

>Papika still didn't have a backstory to explain her motivation
I previously expected Papika to have a complicated tragic backstory to be explored in this episode to enrich the so far so flat character of hers but after this ep her backstory can't no longer be complicated which was why I didn't feel good about it. After rewatching I feel her backstory would still start from tragic elements with her motivation explained and her development is still fine with it albeit no longer incredibly complex (assuming you're aware of the speculahs about her history).

>EvilMimi being comically evil
At first I felt evilMimi is comically evil because I expected her character to be only protective of Cocona. Upon reflection being "comically" evil demonstrates the psychosis of evilMimi under the surface of motherly love, thus I consider it in character and a good contrast with goodMimi's behaviors.

>GoodMimi being a deus ex machina
GoodMimi's pep talk seemed to me to have a too fast effect on Cocona. Now I think the pep talk per se is fantastically well done. Her motivational speech is subtle and encouraging. It doesn't tell Cocona what to do, doesn't ask Cocona to make a decision either way.

(cont.)

And you're not helping.

(cont.)

Now there are still a few issues I can't accept. The animation is mostly okay. QUALITY exists but it is minimum and doesn't distract so I won't write about it (don't even get me started, I looked for quality frame by frame.).

>Salt & Sayuri scenes
I can't understand what is the purpose of Salt's bike crash scene? What I can get out from the scene: Salt made an effort to go to KKK HQ (preparing self-sacrifice?); Sayuir had a crush on Salt; Nyu and Bu were also going. None of these plot points seem important enough to take away so much time from the development of Cocona and Papika.

>Papika's "love you since you're born"
After speculah'ing Papika's backstory I finally got it. The director wanted to convey a love that transcends time. Papika's gone through a backstory of age fuckery and yet is still invariably connected to Cocona by destiny, therefore it is a love that transcends time. The love is not the same love, it has many facets and has evolved over time.
The problem is how the writer chose that particular wording which makes the audience singuarly focused on one aspect of the love related to the time when Cocona was born.
To make it worse, this misleading line is part of the most important mutual confession scene and likely ruins it to some extent. Surely this line can be done differently, right?

(cont.)

(cont.)
>Cocona got no time to think
Right after mom's pep talk Cocona thought for literally 5 seconds (I counted this too) before turning to Papika. I like mom's pep talk and Cocona is making the right decision based on her mom's encouragement but I really want more thought process to demonstrate her character growth.
The last conflict in her character was in ep 10 when she felt cheated by Papika and lied to by Yayaka. How did she overcome these emotions? Does she no longer feel cheated or lied to? How? Though I can even come up with headcanon for these questions: Cocona saw Papika and Yayaka fight for her so hard but didn't understand why because evilMimi, now she understands they are really there for her and the previous grudges must be misunderstanding. But there is no screen time showing any of this.
To make it worse, this part was immediately followed by Cocona's confession for Papika. This is what we have been waiting for guys, the yuri is validated and approved. But the supposedly best scene is made much less impactful when Cocona's confession isn't backed up by resolution of previous conflicts and emotional buildup. This is truly wasted potential.

>Mutual confession got interrupted
I just don't like how it must interrupt their mutual confession by inserting evilMimi's interference and Yayaka's reaction in between. This is supposed to be an intimate moment so why can't you let it flow and then beat them up after (or before).

COCKONA

COCK
ON
Sup Forums

>The director wanted to convey a love that transcends time
I think it's a cultural thing. Love by fate, the red thread and stuff like that comes to mind.

>too much Cockona

>defying your own mother over some girl you just met a few months ago
Sure the girl also happen to be your aunt but she had plot amnesia.

>choosing the mother you never knew over your true love

>tfw to intelligent too watch flip flappers

>Then they should have changed it so it works
It worked for me. I never thought of the two Mimi's as different persons though. More like Iro and Iro.

Happy holidays FFfags. May next year be better for y'all.

>tfw latest episodes disappointed me so much I don't know if I want to send a card anymore
;_;

>I thought you said she didn't lose her shit?
You're the people saying that you fucking retard.

>muh picture
Oh yeah, more shit that happened BEFORE she took the situation back under her control by mindbreaking Papika. Sure proving your point there!

>she wasn't
She literally said Yayaka in a concerned voice when she got hit. Sorry you're incorrect.

>Now I think the pep talk per se is fantastically well done.
Because you aren't actually thinking about it in the context of Cocona's character development.

Thanks for making it clear people should ignore your walls of text, though. That's helpful.

>The show makes a point that Cocona is letting Mimi take control because she doesn't trust herself enough to do it herself anymore.

It didn't. Cocona is apprehended, vision blurs, passes out, and Mimi takes over. That's it. Anything you've convinced yourself of is actually just wrong.

At least this time there's an actual discussion and effort on the side of the dissenters. I'll take this over the one-liner spam any day.

It developed her character perfectly Cocona made a choice to do what she wanted to after her mother encouraged her. Nobody decided anything for her.

You're welcome to offer your opinions if you have anything to add to the discussion.

You know what this show needs? More handholding.

Fuck off. Just argue about the points he makes and ignore the hyperbolic insults. They're not helping him. But everyone has something interesting to say sometimes.

Dear god it never ends
I don't even understand the point of this argument

gonna be leaving the thread to spend time with friends and family soon, but gonna post some stuff to counter the shitposter if he comes back trying to claim that "Mimi wasn't emotional or losing her shit before good Mimi showed up"

That I wish I was a girl so I could be a bridesmaid, they make such a cute couple.

This.

>dissenters
It's literally one guy in this case who refuses to acknowledge any evidence that doesn't support his points.

Sat nice things about Mimi!

>It developed her character perfectly
No, they took a shitty shortcut. Instead of organically transforming Cocona into a person that takes her own decisions, they used the great Mimi asspull to do that for her.

You have a nice daughter!

When? Because I'm not seeing it anywhere.

There is no point, the argument is a thomasson

I like red eyes

Are you the same troll from last thread?

Mimi did her part and it was perfect in terms of Cocona's development. Only after that Cocona got no time to show her reaction and thought process thus her character development is harmed.

It's not an asspull though, as many hae already pointed out.

At least draw something for the cardfag

Reminder that next episode will be delayed

>Studio Pablo's schedule is already full until the end of April 2018

What shows are they working on in Winter, I wonder? It says a TV series and also a movie.

studio-pablo.com/schedule.html

No that would have been an asspull. If Cocona just suddenly decides to make her own decisions merely because the plot required it at that point.

Source?

>user had to rewatch a bad episode several times to find excuses for it

All could be summed up by "You call that a motherfucking climax?"
Because the entire episode fucked up plenty episodes' worth of buildup.
(Merry xmas)

Anyway guys, I am leaving for now. Will be back later tonight. Have fun flipping and flapping, and have a merry christmas!

Episode 11 Youtube PV.

I already told you how and why that's irrelevant you fucking moron.

>Just argue about the points he makes
But for what?
He's not changing his mind, you're not changing his mind. He's not here for discussion, he want his opinion validated by a bunch of faceless online persona. He wont stop doing whatever he wants. That's his choice.

I want to do whatever I wants too. So please refer to pic related.

Thanks for the tip. You must be a troll who doesn't even bother finishing my post.

His ass

Your dress suits you really well.

After Yayaka takes her henshin off and lets herself be hit by the mecha monster. Around 16:20. Cocona's eyes open up wider for the first time and she says Yayaka obviously concerned.

Happy

Thought so.

>He's not changing his mind, you're not changing his mind.
True. I see it now. He is repeating his same points as if they were facts, even though they were refuted. I guess he thinks if you call something "asspull" enough, people will start believing it was an "asspull".
inb4
>no criticism allowed, muh circlejerk

Kayanon best mom voice.

Episode 11 Youtube PV.

Last thing Mimi says to Cocona in episode 11 on the boat is "you dont have to worry or think about anything anymore, your mother will take care of everything"

Cocona echos the same exact phrase back with the same wording in the PV with a monotone zombie voice.

It is literally

>these aren't the droids you are looking for.

I would post the ANN review but I see it's not needed for shitposting fuel.

Yeah I don't like episode 12 of Flip Flappers which automatically makes me a troll. So I suppose you're right!

>Mimi did her part and it was perfect in terms of Cocona's development.
I already told you why it wasn't. It was a shortcut for time. Used to teleport Cocona from point A to point B without letting her naturally reach that point by reacting to her environment and her actions.

It is an asspul though, as many have already pointed out.

That's what happened, though. She was perfectly content sitting in her little penis tree prison until deus ex machina time.

Wow.
Reread your post slowly, tell me if it makes sense.

>Cocona echos the same exact phrase back with the same wording in the PV with a monotone zombie voice.
Just like someone who was brainwished, right? But we went over this already.

>I already told you how and why that's irrelevant you fucking moron.
Sounds like you didn't do a good job but if you have to use a PV to support your argument I'm not surprised.

qt husbando

>It is an asspul though, as many have already pointed out.
Yeah. You keep repeating it. Many my ass.

The fact that you didn't see the majority of my post is criticism of the show before you started shitposting about how I'm defending the show proves you're a troll.

>I already told you why it wasn't
I think you're probably delusional. All I'm saying is Mimi did her part good. My other posts are saying Cocona's development is bad. What's your problem?

It makes perfect sense. Cocona could have made that decision at any time to make it right then merely because the plot requires it is an asspull by your own definition.

>It is an asspul though, as many have already pointed out.

Who? The only one to argue it's an asspull is you. The other ~74 people in this thread are arguing against you.

>He's not here for discussion, he want his opinion validated by a bunch of faceless online persona.
That's pretty funny of you to say that. Instead of trying to prove me wrong, you're bitching about me to other people like a schoolgirl.

Ah, I see it now. Thanks. See, they could have used this to launch Cocona's final development instead of having Mimi.

My point is if Cocona just suddenly decided herself to do it that's just as much an asspull by your definition in the previous thread as she would be making that decision at that point in time merely because the plot required it in order to move forward. She could have decided three episodes ago to make her own decisions.

They're not lesbians, holy fuck you guys are worst than the idiot SJW that's celebrating over some dumb Blizzard comics. Stop trying to politicize anime.

What the ass, user, I said the preview for episode 11 that's on Youtube. I can't link it because I can't fucking find it.

>mixing up several arguments together
Good job. People defending this piece of shit sure put a lot of effort into it, huh.

Adding asspull to my filter

You put low effort in this post.

The fact that Cocona is paying attention and less of a zombie is what allows the good Mimi to come forward.

Instead of having this pointless argument you should probably just watch the episode again instead of making shit up. Were you drunk when you watched it? Or just having a lapse in concentration? Either way you dragged this shit on for hours even after realizing that you clearly missed key moments of the episode.

I know the PV wasn't in support of the Mimi emotion argument, but the fact that you can't support an argument with details within an actual episode is evidence of your failure to make a convincing argument at all.

What the fuck are you reading into my post? Cocona saying that she loveloveloves Papika isn't enough to convince you that she loves Papika?

>being gay is political
Really makes you think

Only retards need to rewatch the episode though he said so earlier.

>tfw got aroused by this
Send help.

>All I'm saying is Mimi did her part good.
>What's your problem?
She fucking didn't do "her part" "good" because she shouldn't have had a part in the first place. She appears out of NOWHERE for no reason other than to move Cocona's character development forward which she could have easily done on her own after seeing Papika and Yayaka be bitch slapped by her mom.

>s-samefagging
Really, if you have no arguments please just fuck off. I don't need even more of my time taken up by useless posts like yours.

I'm not the one posting same argument over and over like a broken cassette, but yes I'm bitching about you.

You ruined this thread, you don't have a heart to consider others opinion, you're insecure about your opinion so you repeat it over and over, stating same thing again and again. You don't promote healthy discussion, you don't engage with the show and you fucking suck.

I have more but I will save that for later. You, user, need Mimi to tell you that it's okay to accept failure and mistakes. You need that.

>We'll make fragments from her tears. Take them into battle with us.

Lovely, gentle voice
Gorgeous raven hair
Beautiful petite frame
Excellent fashion sense
Just the right amount of attitude
Heart clearly in the right place and doesn't shy away from doing bad things for the sake of goals she believes in passionately

Sup Forums, when did you realize that Mimi was objectively and incontestably best girl? I want to give her a whole soccer team of little Coconas.