Daily reminder that Sup Forums is a Christian board and no amount of r/atheism invasions will ever change that

Daily reminder that Sup Forums is a Christian board and no amount of r/atheism invasions will ever change that.

Enjoy arguing with Gaytheists, enjoy watching them squabble and show they have the theological knowledge of a 12 year old. Enjoy them failing again and again. Enjoy this because you are better than them Sup Forums, and you always will be.

Deus Vult.

>enjoy watching them squabble and show they have the theological knowledge of a 12 year old
Christians have zero knowledge of their own theology. Among ideas regarding hell in particular that I have heard from Christians on this board.
>Hell is just like heaven except god will never visit you
>Hell is eternal fire and brimstone torture
>Hell is really an allegory for the destruction of the soul upon death
>People who never hear the word of Christ don't go to hell
>People who never hear the word of Christ do go to hell
>A virtuous non-Christian can go to heaven
>A virtuous non-Christian can go to heaven after going through purgatory
>A virtuous non-Christian still goes to hell
>Works have zero effect on being saved
>Works have some effect on being saved

amen

Yea, I really enjoy hearing the biblical exegeses of infidels. Really makes me think.

Take your dumb superstition to we don't want you nigger lovers.
Don't try to engage this retard, he just posts this stupid pasta.

>Christians have zero knowledge of their own theology. Among ideas regarding hell in particular that I have heard from Christians on this board. etc.
Many of those ideas are inconsistent with what God has said. But we are never given many details about hell, so there is necessarily some speculation involved.

I've heard many conflicting ideas on the nature of quantum gravity. That we have limited knowledge of quantum gravity, and that there is thus speculation involved, does not detract from the existence of a consistent theory of quantum gravity itself.

So do you people who have never heard of Jesus go to hell or no because that is the question that made me stop being Christian

Reminder it took a 1000 years after the fall of paganism for europe to even come close to what it used to be.

>So do you people who have never heard of Jesus go to hell or no because that is the question that made me stop being Christian
It comes down to when Jesus said that no one comes unto the Father (God) except through him. Many people take that to mean that only those who believe in Jesus will get to the Father (who is in heaven). Another, more literal, take on it is that, since Jesus has been given the task of judging who goes to heaven (which he explicitly says elsewhere), that everyone who goes to heaven is judged by Jesus as such. (This second view makes more sense to me, as it also explains who Abraham, e.g. is in heaven, despite living many centuries earlier.) But it is an honest question.

Yes, the idea of "inculpable ignorance" is bullshit, y'know "no one comes to the father except through me" and all. And if it was true spreading the gospel would be bad, it would be better for it to be wiped out so it would be impossible for anyone to reject it.
But God isn't real, that's the real reason you shouldnt be a Christian, because it's all bullshit.

Except the afterlife defines Christianity. Can non-Christians go to heaven? If so worshiping god really isn't important. Is hell actually not bad? Same is true. Can a rapist go to heaven if he accepts Jesus? If so it devalues any moral code Christianity sets out.

Another issue is that it makes debating Christians nearly impossible because there is no consistent theology.

>Except the afterlife defines Christianity
False. If you read the Bible, you'll find it's a relatively small part. Interesting, and important in the long run, but not definitive.

>Can non-Christians go to heaven? If so worshiping god really isn't important.
Jesus lists non-Christians who went to heaven (e.g. Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, Elijah), so the answer is obviously yes. (Note that Abraham predates Judaism as well.) But that doesn't entail that your actions are with consequence, either in this world, nor after death. Many things you do are relative to the judgement, if you care about how you will be judged. I personally am not worried about it, though I do wish to please God all the same. If God wants me in the end, great! If not, that's his call.

>Can a rapist go to heaven if he accepts Jesus?
Jesus himself says that many will say to him "Lord, Lord!", but he will tell them to get away from him, because they are workers of lawlessness. So no, rapists don't go to heaven because they may pay lip service. (Though repentance and forgiveness are possible, perhaps because otherwise virtually no-one would be sufficient.)

>Another issue is that it makes debating Christians nearly impossible because there is no consistent theology.
Again, that's like dismissing physics, because there is no single consistent physics. There are consistent theories, but there are also conflicting theories. Not all of them are true, but the truth does exist, and it is somewhere therein.

^actions are without consequence
^relevant to the judgement

No. Read Dante's Inferno. It explains the concept of hell very well. Good nonbelievers go to an Earth-like place.

>Read Dante's Inferno
It's not Scripture you dumbfuck.

>Daily reminder that Sup Forums is a Christian board and no amount of r/atheism invasions will ever change that.
It's too late mate. Sup Forums is lost.

>it's a relatively small part
No, it isn't at all. Eternity is much bigger than this life and everything Jesus says is about preparing for the next life and leaving behind the concerns of this life.

Reminder that Pagans themselves destroyed Christian Rome

He still saw hell and what the different layers are like.

He made it all up you retard.

Do you think the Divine Comedy is a book of theology?

I rest my case that Christians have no clue what they are talking about.

Have fun with your 2000 years Old Fairy tales book, kek

You dumbfuck, the Divine Comedy was an allegory of his salvation. Its pure fictional with few irl characters.

The part about the layers of hell contained his actual visions. God gives some people the gift of these visions.