Go to college for (((art))

>go to college for (((art))
>classes are two to four hours long
>learn less then one of those shitty Lynda tutorials that I pirate

Should I just drop out?
Most of the tutorials on the web are free and better then a college class full of 30+ people

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0rOr9e4cVVs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

You shouldn't have went into anything that isn't a job factory course.

Do they actually teach anything or do they just tell you to keep practicing over and over?

At least get the diploma so you have anything to show for. It's not that important in our industry but it can be a door opener. I'd say stay.

abandon ship while you can, this shit aint worth it

I enjoyed my art classes but I'm too retarded to monetize my talent. So, I got an engineering degree instead.

I know somebody graduating with a degree in graphic design who has no idea how to use Adobe at all. She made a Lynda account and was floored at much she was able to learn in only a week.

College is a fantasy camp. It is a waste of money. In a creative field, you either make it on your own talent or you don't, and deep down you'll know whether you want to gamble on it or not.

They teach you

But at a slower pace then elementary school..

Most students are so well behaved and meek now

They don't even speak up

I sat next to this dude who draws better then the professor and made the best drawing in the class

Gave him a 70 because it was late because he took his time

that doesn't sound like a true story at all
in fact it sounds like you're talking about yourself
and leaving out the detail that you started late because undisciplined
get a job porch monkey

youtube.com/watch?v=0rOr9e4cVVs

Should you drop out of art school and use that money for your projects? Of course you should. Invest in yourself. You already know an art degree isn't worth the paper it's printed on brah.

You shouldn't study anything that only requires some basic notions and a lot of practice, even less if you can become a freelance just by showing random works.

I studied video editing and post-production and when I was in my second year I started to see kids online that were outpacing me. The amount of free knowledge that's out there and the job oportunities that only need for you to have a decent reel/porfolio (which you can do with personal projects) are really big.

Now, if you're aiming for a trade or to work for a company colleges and such are good but not because of the education but because of the networking.

No I took the easy path and handed mines in on time and got a 90

Mines was god awful

The project was about negative art and I kept laughing like a mad man thinking about jroc

Reversing who's black and who's white

college is a scam. drop out and stop wasting your time and money there unless you need a license of some kind.

College is not for smart people.
Figure it out yourself.

>turns in late work
>expects good grade

the fact that a grade was expected at all shows how cucked college is let alone that your pussy ass is crying about a low grade.

>go beyond project requirements
>fuck you here's a 70

You must realize the hypocrisy

you never know what's around the corner. Sometimes a degree diploma is just enough.

art is a hobby
go for accounting

if youre truly dedicated to art the point of college is to get some small amount of direction and stability while you hone your craft in all of your spare time. the assignments give you an excuse to actually publish something less than perfect and get over standard artist anxiety. yes the lecture instruction will suck but a lot of your teachers are likely talented and very helpful if you befriend them outside the classroom.
drop out if youre an antisocial determined savant
persevere if youre more of a normie lacking some confidence and needing some direction
dont go deeply into debt

>on pol
>not a antisocial savant

>be me
>study physics
>check out philosophy as a second subject, because I find it very intresting
>2 semesters, learned close to nothing
>literally did the same and passed the same exams as the philosophy students
>see other art students or related.
The vast majority of those "people" (lower then animals if you ask me) are useless fuckfaces capable of absolutly nothing other then complaining about mastermorality.
Those "people" are 100% precisly physical manifiatation of Nietzsches "humans of ressentiment"

God dammit if you seriously want to do any Art, philosophy or anything where you will only read books or discuss something dont go to a uni.

I am still intrested in philosophy and read books on that matter and dont have to vaste energy to listen to idiotic opinions or vaste time on retarded ideas.

>go to college
>for art

just fucking kill yourself u useless subhuman

Lol no, people know that this diploma is worth absolutly nothing and is a "I am a useless fuck" certificate

this is literally me

This hits the nail on the head

Going to school for art is like the anti thesis of art

You know the quickest way to determine a human of ressentiment is to ask them about trump

Cool
Physics/Math + Philosophy is the absolute best field of intrest for an intellegent aryan person. Well medicine and law are also great, but that is fore the more serious people with a good taste.

Chemistry and especialy Biology, although respectable are mostly nerd tier.

Kinda yes, but that is surface tier. Try to take a deep breath and dive in that ocean you are swimming in, not easy when the waves are high, huh?

Art can't be fucking taught. You either know how to create or you don't.

Art degrees are worthless

An artschool for sure isnt the antithesis of art.
You arent supposed to figure out what all the artists before you had figured out...
Try to learn piano without instruction.

If you wouldnt read books or learn from other people on any matter you wouldnt get anywhere.

>tfw Michelangelo made torment of st Antony when he was 12

The point of college is to show that you can complete a complex program that you've started. This shows future employers that you are serious, that you meet your commitments. You sound like a spoiled mutt, so you should definitely drop out to make room for someone more deserving.

Trucking, bro. The company I work for needs 17+ drivers & diesel mechanics.
It starts (drivers) at $51k, for 10 months of work a year. The third year will bring you about $67k. They're going to need more drivers because me and my buddy are going to quit (after 5 years trucking) to become landlords & property owners. Will fully automated trucking happen? Yes, in 15 years perhaps, but there will always be a human "copilot" for safety, security, maintenance, difficult terrain and legal issues. There is a hefty turnover rate of 4 to 5 years in this job, because everybody is saving like hell, just to use those saving to go buy property or invest. If you are decently frugal and hopefully pay little to no rent (I live with my grandparents rent-free), you might save $170k in four years.

FYI, I worked out every four hours (if can) and did neck/back/glute exercises while at red lights.

I play my trition with no instructions

No offence, but you cant compare that to any serious instrument like piano, guitar, accordion...

Your joking right?

A modern synth is more complex then those

Simply because you can literally plug all those into to the synth

>You know the quickest way to determine a human of ressentiment is to ask them about trump
are you sure its not asking them about jews

No, learn real art in your spare time and finish your degree. Companies care about the paper even if it only means you were dedicated enough to finish it.

I went to school for art. Took 2 semesters, dropped out after not being able to get another scholarship (fuck loans). Worked a few odd jobs for about 3 years, found a job teaching art last year. Paying to learn is a psyop. Most professional employers would prefer experience and dedication over a certificate any day.

Shit is so bad in Japan that women are making up with cakes!

STEM laughs at your shit degree. Laughs in his mountain!

where is this company

In North East Texas. It's a medium size company. There are MANY transportation & logistics companies throughout the country. I'm not saying it's a goldmine, but there are MANY unfilled positions, desperately needed by companies. If any of y'all are terrified at the thought of operating a massive vehicle and don't know about shifting gears, a good two months training will fix that. It's like a gal with a big Amazonian ass, you might be scared she'll crush your pelvis bone.

>I have talent
You don't have talent. That's why you opted for an engineering degree.

what happens when you run over signs while driving through residential areas