Why are you guys so obessed with JoJo? So far it's not living up to the hype

I'm on episode 15, and so far it's just been grown muscular men shooting bubbles at each other yelling, "nooo" about people they just met dying in front of them...

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pXEX_VUI-E0
youtube.com/watch?v=hEhJSggXTSg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Xd

Part 1-2 are very different compared to 3-8. When you finish 2 test the waters with 3 and if you dont like it then it isnt for you. 3 is very slow though. 4 has more going on.

Don't confuse a bunch of annoying ass underage faggots with the rest of Sup Forums. Jojo is the Sup Forums of anime.

Yes these children don't understand the deep and refined palate of a professional cartoon watcher such as myself. They couldn't possibly measure up to my level of children's show expertise.

confirmed for not watching past part 3
jojo is a prime example of an author progressively getting better as he writes
every part is more and more complex and arguably mature
part 1 is so bad it's good castlevania rip off
part 7 is a sandman tier graphic novel

But we're not obsessed, you're the one who keeps making threads about it

This is the type of poster who exclusively watches SOL and makes "This is your _____ tonight" threads.

>rofl you don't love eating shit? get a load of this guy he thinks he's a 3 michelin star chef lmaoooo

Please, part 4 which just finished recently was mostly mediocre. inb4 "it gets good after part 5 seriously!"

>part 1 is so bad it's good castlevania rip off
Part 1 is good though its just by far the worst in the series

He said, on the board with jojo generals and where despite this people make other jojo threads anyway.

You watched around a 100 episodes of something you consider shit just to complain about it. Please go get tested.

You'd rather I complain about something I haven't watched? Besides, 20 minutes a week isn't a big investment.

I just don't understand your logic
I understand wanting to give something a fair chance and I think its good that you did this instead of being one of the many people who bitch without watching

But jfc after about 4 episodes of each part you pretty much know what you're in for and whether you'll like it or not. Unless you've absolutely exhausted your backlog and the season is dead I just don't get it.

I suppose I fell for the "it gets good later on" meme. And don't misunderstand, I'm not saying it's a steaming pile of unwatchable shit, just that's it's mediocre and you're all retarded faggots for lauding it as actually good.

>part 4 which just finished recently was mostly mediocre
sounds like you have a case of SHIT TASTE

Honestly its just great shonen fun cool twists and memorable moments. If that's not your thing that's fair but watching it makes me feel like a kid getting hype over whatever was airing on Toonami back then.

In fact I'm kind of envious of the kids who are growing up with the dub version right now, they're going to have some fond memories of it very similar to how a lot of people look back on Dragon Ball.

it doesn't get much more complex than that until part 6 I'd say

Literally only the Kira parts were engaging, and even they had problems. The rest was poorly written inconsistent trash.

If you're up to part 4 the "It gets good later" isn't a meme...

I only care about Master Dio

The twists are part of the problem though since there are quite a few which are poorly done, and many memorable moments ruined because of bad writing creating plot holes. Why does Crazy Diamond bring back Okuyasu when he's being taken away by Chili Pepper to the arm he left behind, but Kira's left behind hand chases him instead of bringing him back to the gang? Then during the epilogue Joseph's wallet is brought back to Josuke via the ripped photograph. Seems like a good amount of events happen (or don't happen) solely for convenience/plot's sake, rather than being backed up by logic, which strikes me as incredibly lazy.

Worst villain, all he's good for is setting up the overarching theme of fate

Don't watch it user. I'm the same as you, fell for the meme which is JoJo. I watched 20 episodes of it expecting it to be good, what I got are a bunch of faggots punching each other and proving they have the bigger dick

so much as lazy as Araki kinda forgets how his own powers work (or I guess leaves them open is a nicer way of putting it)

in fact this happens at the start of part v but its understandable because the OP already has stupidly strong powers.

Honestly if this bothers you in part 4 don't get excited for part 5 although the fight choreography is amazing

>You guys
I wouldn't know. You should ask on

>the author is retarded but that's a good thing
Why not just watch a comedy?

cool shit opinions my man
I understand not liking shit, but you should understand by part 4 that the show has a really open and unique set up.

In fact by the end of part 1 you should have seen it's value in that the generational format gives them a lot of leeway as far as bad endings go.

Why does Cheap Trick pressure Rohan to burn the photos when his stand user was some neutral party who didn't know shit about anything?

Jojo has comedic moments as well as bad ass moments though
Honestly I think its some weird form of talent that Araki can craft such engaging stories (at least to me) while having flaws like that

Plus as another user already mentioned its cool to see his progression as a writer.

finish season 1

if you don't like it by then, just kill yourself

Some people are strong enough to get stands but not strong enough to really control them. This happens with Superfly too

There's a guy who's stand only activates when he dies and then goes automatic in the same way that Cheap Trick does

So basically you're the type of person who values style over substance. Got it.

But why does Cheap Trick have that agenda? How does it even know about the photos? Somehow every stand born from the arrow is instantly anti-jojo? What's even in it for him?

oh there are problems and plot holes abounding in part 4

not trying to say that

to me it's excusable because of what is gained from the uniqueness of the show

you should really understand why people fucking love it by part 4

Part 7 is legitimately fucking amazing though, you can read it stand alone as well. Religous themes everywhere, incredible villians, everybody has a sympathetic backstory, a multi-layered plot, and crazy good artwork.

It doesn't REALLY get good until part 7.

Part of the charm of Jojo is watching Araki progress, both artwise and writing-wise, and watching him falter, too.

Vento Aureo has extremely charming character interactions(It's essentially Stardust Crusaders: Italian Road Trip) with intense stand battles and a villain that makes NO SENSE, and a godawful fucking ending.

Stone Ocean is mostly a shonen battle manga that starts off very charming, and has some great slice of prison life scenes, before it goes completely off the fucking rails. You also get some very touching Jotaro moments, and some comedy gold.

Steel Ball Run is just amazing all the way through. It's so good, and I can't think of anything bad to say about it.

Jojolion is an interesting REBUILD OF JOJO story that plays with the reader's expectations, assuming they read previous jojos, but is a very engaging mystery story all on its own, with cute romance.

Oh no I was agreeing with you. Only the finest of children's cartoons for me please, anybody who doesn't understand my sophisticated anime taste honed from hundreds of hours of watching toons obviously has shit taste and should fuck of this board.

>it gets good after 50 hours trust me

You jest, but jojo generaltards really should fuck off.

>So basically you're the type of person who values style over substance. Got it.

I don't get why people treat this as such a bad thing and why you can never prefer one over the other depending on the media but yeah sure.

As for Cheap Trick's agenda thats a good question. If I had to guess I would assume that since Kira's father's will was stronger than the guy he shot it influenced the stand's desire.

Personally I think that everything regarding the Devil's Palm and the Holy Corpse was retarded. It's like Araki never really decided how that stuff worked until the last chapter.

>>it gets good after 50 hours trust me

You've had no issue burning all of this time already on a series you find mediocre so you shouldn't take any issue with this prospect, right?

But the previous parts were still fun, even if they weren't what I'd call good.

And I really like seeing Araki progress as he writes.

To be fair he only found it mediocre after he watched the episodes. If he still thinks it's mediocre by Part 2 than Jojo I just not for him, there are other shows out there to watch.

Guess you have a point there. Well at least I'll be maintaining my opinion until part 7 then.

Go watch some people livestream their lives on niconico or something then. I'd rather follow the progress of a good story by a good author rather than follow a series for the author himself.

>it gets good after 50 hours
part 7 can stand alone though
I mean I don't give a shit, if you obsess so much over plot holes it sounds like you care more about story than you do characters and themes in which case you won't like part 7 anyway because while it has a good plot it's characters are what make it shine.

Why don't you tell us what's good, then?

How could Kira manually activate Bites the Dust when he was holding the woman hostage?

For comparison's sake, I'd say HxH is a good example of what I consider good when it comes to adventure/battle series. The power system is structured well and mostly consistent (Togashi better have a good explanation for Alluka) and the plot flows in a logical, plausible manner, including the twists.

Jojo is literally the new pleb test.

>lol why so obsessed with jojo i watched it and etc etc
>watched
>watched

lol ora ora it was me dio read the fucking manga

The anime is good tho

But seriously read the fucking manga instead of continuously watching a show you find average since part seven probably won't even be out this decade

Was anyone else disheartened by how elderly Joseph didn't do any ruses like his younger self

I really want to believe that theory that he's taking senility to dodge blame for Josuke but I don't know

He was relatively lucid after his first appearances.

Just happens when you get old, even to guys like Joseph.

It was shown in the anime specifically where Josuke and co. exploded that KQ seems to manually activate it to make it explode.KQ appearing outside of that though I have no idea but in all honesty it probably wouldn't have made the difference since Act 3 would still hit Kira's arm which then would affect KQ's own arm and Jotaro can just attack Kira's body to end it the same way so it's probably just for the rule of cool.

I meant more what would be the trigger. Hayato had to reveal his identity in some way or be in danger for it to activate when he had it, but the woman wasn't going to say his name and she wasn't in any danger.

Either Kira doesn't have any idea how his own ability works or it's a plothole.

Bites the dust is shown to activate when the person Kira gives KQ to divulges something about his identity. This makes sense so far because Kira told the nurse his name, and then KQ appeared in her eyes. From there he should've tried to make her say his name to Josuke and co but instead Araki went for the cool "WHY CAN'T I PRESS THE SWITCH" moment.

Everyone already knew who Kira was at that time so if he had activated the trigger he would've most likely won since BTD erases anyone who knows his true identity and if he chose to stay away from everyone in the next time loop they'll drop like flies.

Kira was actually that close to winning that fight.

I think Killer Queen's Bites the Dusto ability explodes anyone who tries to pursue Kira's identity and is in range of the host. Since the gang were all going to pursue Kira, if Kira was able to establish Bites za dusto, it woulda killed the gang.

The ability has never worked like that. When the gang were with Hayato in one of the loops they only got exploded once they started asking questions.

The only time the ability has worked differently is when he first got it and went back in time to stop himself from killing Hayato in the bath. He must've been going for that kind of effect.

>tfw if I didn't watch part 3 first I probably wouldn't be a fan of jojo

>inconsistent
Explain

I think it would've actually already killed everyone since during the loops they were already "marked" by BTD to explode and if Kira were to use BTD again everyone would explode since they were already "marked" but we most likely just got to see nurse since it was to show Kira's reaction on it working or him just hallucinating everything.

Considering the OVA and the fighting game, I wonder how many people really did start with Stardust Crusaders.

If I'd have started with Phantom Blood I definitely would've dropped the series, and I doubt I would've watched more if I started with Battle Tendency.
Jojo is pretty shit until stands are introduced.

They were "marked" to explode at around 8:30 that morning. They wouldn't have exploded.

I'm actually under the impression that they still will since everyone should've died by that time but was only stopped since Kira disarmed BTD and if he were to use it again it will finish the job.

If that was true he could've re activated it at any time to kill all 5 of them instantly. It doesn't make sense.

>not reading the manga

No user.
Stands ruined JoJo.

How BtD works:
>kira presses the detonator and the bomb is set inside someone after he tells them his identity
>time goes back 1 hour, and only Kira remembers (this is how Hayato was brought back to life, Kira just knew not to kill him)
>if the bomb person tries to tell anyone Kira's true identity, the person explodes and time goes back one hour
>if the next loop, the person explodes regardless of whether or not they meet the bomb and time continues as normal
>if the bomb tries to tell someone else, the person explodes and time is set back an hour
>this continues until Kira withdraws Bites the Dust, any deaths that happen before he withdraws it are permanent, but if he withdraws it before the deaths they don't happen, which is how the gang survived

This user has shit taste or is baiting hard. Do NOT give him (You)s

>time goes back 1 hour, and only Kira remembers
except he doesn't, Hayato is the only one who remembers

I feel glee at the sight of the man of the sea
Christ, what an awful thread. At least we won't see anymore of these until VA is announced

youtube.com/watch?v=pXEX_VUI-E0

Yeah it really doesn't make sense why Kira didn't use it mid-fight but the only explaination could possibly that it will only work on people without stands since Kira is giving you the stand albeit not have complete control over it and would probably not work like let's say on Okuyasu that has The Hand.

Stands = asspulls galore

So Kira told Hayato his identity while he was a corpse on the bathroom floor? Just accept BTD is slightly inconsistent.

read it again
he only remembers if he's just set the bomb

When Josuke and Hayato ran away he could've literally told someone on the street "my name is Yoshikage Kira", shoved the bomb in them and killed the entire gang. That's what you're implying.

>151399677 (You)
>Star Platinum is all the stands I know
>Hamon

Yeah pretty much,Kira possibly tunnel-visioned too hard to think of other ways to beat them.

It is inconsistent, I was just trying to explain it the best I could, maybe it's different if the person is dead.

You know it's possible that the first time Kira got hit by the arrow and got BTD could possibly be a one time free use activation so it could explain why everything was normal on the next day.In the manga it wasn't clear that it did that but in the anime it was implied to have been that

Well honestly it's more likely that's simply not how BTD works.

We're all working on uncomplete info but if reactivating BTD would've exploded everyone marked regardless of the time, there's no way Kira would've missed it.

I think this is the most likely explanation. Either getting the ability caused it to activate then and there or Araki still wasn't 100% on what BTD would do.

>"Thank you, Koichi. You've been a truly reliable friend since I've come here. This truly has been a Diamond is Unbreakable...."

what the fuck? seriously, araki?

"I feel a strange kinship with you Dio, a kind of bizarre friendship. As if our fates were intertwined by a ghostly force. Phantom Blood, if you will."

>first encounter with jojo was briefly seeing battle tendency op while skimming youtube in 2013
>thought it was the gayest looking anime I've ever seen
>Forget about it and end up watching it 1 year later
>become jojo fag and read the last half of part 3 to part 8
>every flamboyant thing in jojo no longer comes off as gay to me
>sometimes think of random band songs and think of stands for them
>whenever I jack to women online, if I see them doing a somewhat unorthodox pose I think of jojo and stop jacking
>don't go a single day without thinking about jojo
How did I get so compelled by this particular Japanese story? How do I lost interest?

Jojo is an important piece of culture

Not only is it heavily referenced across anime, it represents a resistant to jewish driven genocide.

Jojo tells your average fag that being super manly is okay.
Without jojo, more transgender dick cutters would be born and infest the earth with their toxin
It's why jewish led organizations are trying to force the "Oh shit is that a jojo reference"
DON'T BUY IT, heck, never buy what a jew is selling

Jojo's Bizzare Adventure represents a dangerous weapon against their interests to destroy civilization for their own profit.

Jojo gives people hope
It gives people something they don't have
It's why jews want to destroy it, because they don't want anything given for free

Yeah, these plebs can't understand the art of good anime like Code Geass.

It's okay but fanbase is obnoxious.

Favorite track on Nightwalk?

youtube.com/watch?v=hEhJSggXTSg

It's too groovy for me to handle.

I know it's bait but

To be honest, it's been trying to be less obnoxious that other fanbases. The most obnoxious meme so far (IS THIS A JOJO REFERENCE?) is actually poking fun at fanbase obnoxiousness, so I guess we're just one step above shit like pre-2013 MLP

Nothing will ever be close to pre-2013 MLP.

I mean, the fanbase was already kind of obnoxious, just not a cesspool of neckbeards and fetishes

You know it was bad when Satan himself points it out.

>Jojo tells your average fag that being super manly is okay.

I really, really like this bait.

I was heartbroken at part 3 Joseph by part 4 I have already moved on. i cri evrytim

Are the silhouettes that the characters leave in the Great Days OP are a reference to Diavolo's stand power?

No

It's all BtD references, not sure why people try to scan for King Crimson references in Great Days

So, what really happened here? What's the true story? Was it really just an accident? Sounds like the work of an enemy stand to me.

It's either a reference to Enigma or BTD.

Nope. Jotaro time stop moved kira into the path of the ambulance, causing kira to unexpectually die