Is hunterXhunter any good?

Is hunterXhunter any good?

Should I watch/read it or is it a waste of time?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FEHeJMEh_4Q
youtube.com/watch?v=lt7Uhn3-ZDk
youtube.com/watch?v=77J-kuy9oHc&index=1&list=PLBD5EA674B001DBE7
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It's good, but don't bother with the manga. The art is so bad it's a chore to actually read it. I can already smell the army of Togashi fanboys rushing to defend his doodles, so I'll just retreat.

I prefer the manga, but every platform is good since the plot is its best feature.

It's good, especially the 2011 anime.

It's a pretty good shounen. The guy griping about the art is right, but the anime's animation isn't really fantastic either

Pick your poison, manga or anime. Go with whatever you enjoy more

Honestly one of the best Shounen I've read.

I personally dislike the Ant Arc, and honestly, prefer the training, competition arcs, as well as when they just focus on the characters and their adventures rather than the shounen action.

So is Togashi going to continue the anime some time or did that fizzle out?

I think they abandoned it

Pitou is cute! CUTE!

Merry Christmas, user

>gon on the right about to fuck some pussy

It's the best shounen I've come across.

The anime is good. The 2011 animation is good. The older animation is good, but stops after 60 or so episodes, at which point you'll have to switch to the newer animation.

>avoiding the manga because of the art
>not watching the anime with the superior art

I actually prefer 2011's bright and clean aesthetic to 1999's dark and often murky visuals.

name one anime that isn't a waste of time

Sword art online

They're both good, but tried to do different things. 2011 started way more lighthearted in tone before ramping that shit.

I had more fun with 2011 because of that.

Read the Manga then watch 99 for the fights, and finish with 11 chimera ant saga.

>tfw you will never fuck an antcatgirl

about how far in does it get dark?

After the hunter exam

read the manga first op. anybody that complains about the art hasn't read past volume 3. maybe 2.

At the end of the day it's still shonen shit

>fun

Or are using the inferior, non-volume scans

>he doesn't like shonen

Yeah. Even if you don't love, you will at least like it. Go with 2011 anime (don't fall for the 99' meme). It often pulls out some crazy sakuga for important scenes, but looks solid throughout

Typical 90s anime. People post a few good screens but then in reality it looks shit most of the time

at least the coloring is nice

Man, watching this scene again today reminded me just how far god tier his show was:
youtube.com/watch?v=FEHeJMEh_4Q

I have this theory that Chimera Ant was meant to be a brand new manga, but Togashi wrote it into Hunter X Hunter to shut up people up.

user, give me your dubs.

H-here I go! please don't ask me for trips next.

Your theory is full of shit kys

its a deconstruction of the genre, so yes

user, give me your trips

You think I'll let you do as you please? Look at that juice carton beside you that you just drank - I spiked it.

Nothing personal kid.

Nobody else reply to Alluka until KoG shows up and gets us quads.

Name one thing that directly connects to Chimera Ant. All he had to do was add in a few plot devices from the world (Kite, hunters, nen). There's no real Lead-up to Chimera Ant. Everything feels standalone.

More like they've never read any of it. People see a couple of reposted meme pages and refuse to read the manga, but the vast majority of it is clean and well drawn at least, if not significantly enhancing the storytelling with the page composition. There are about 7 volumes which had to be redrawn and are scratchy looking, but they still tell the story better than the anime.

CA arc in particular needs to be told through manga. If you watch the anime and find yourself being annoyed by the slow pacing and the narration, do yourself a favour and switch to the manga because it completely fixes those issues.

Oh, but can you give me your quads then, user?

The majority of the series feels like that. The arcs are mostly disconnected because Togashi writes what he likes and has plenty of ideas for the world that don't necessarily continue on from each other. DC arc is out of nowhere too, Greed Island barely needed any set up, etc.

CA arc also feels like a culmination of the character and relationship flaws built up from the start for Gon and Killua.

Ask yourself: If you were reading Chimera Ant in real time (actual release schedule, not scans), would you still have the same opinion?

What difference does that make? If it affects someone's opinion as they read it in real time, too bad for them, but it's all published now so if someone is picking the series up they should take the best option.

I have your quads then Alluka, just follow me, this way . one slightly used pair of quads, merry christmas Alluka.

But, user they have to be YOUR quads.

Anyway, can you give me...your....

...can you give me your octs

is it really that slow?

Do you seriously like Greed Island? Woah.

Bleach

*stuck dick in his mouth

Kurapica is a girl. A GIRL!

>not posting him with the wig

The OST alone makes it worth it.

Only in the beginning, right in between the Chimera Ant Arc, everything goes to shit and turns into a generic shonen manga.

>O MY RUBBER NEN!!!!

the manga will get good in the York New arc

read until then before you consider dropping

How can a soundtrack be so damn comfy?
youtube.com/watch?v=lt7Uhn3-ZDk

Kurapica does not need the wig to look like a girl - this was the whole point behind my post.

>Not posting the objectively superior 1999 soundtrack
youtube.com/watch?v=77J-kuy9oHc&index=1&list=PLBD5EA674B001DBE7

it's good, but be warned that it will never be finished

I only watched the 2011 version

How is the older one? Is it much different in tone or atmosphere?

the atmosphere is a lot darker
also it's literally darker

It's pretty finished in the sense that you can finish after the chimera ant arc and feel satisfied

It's never finished in the sense that Togashi released the beginning of a new arc and then went on another one of his year-long hiatuses

The older one has better artstyle (coloring and shading), better soundtracks and a better voice actor for Killua (the only voice actor who is different, I think?) so that he sounds like an actual kid and not like a butch dyke
The 1999 animation stops at about episode 60 or so, the point forward on you'll have to switch to 2011.

>Hiatus X Hiatus
>continue the anime
>yfw Togashi dies before finishing the manga

Fug

Killua a cute

imagine him sucking a big black cock

Madhouse pretty much resurrected the series for me. I tried to read HxH a few times but every single time I dropped it because the art would completely shit the bed.

It's a more consistent Naruto with less heart

Killua a shit

Hnnnnnnggggggg!!!!

mate, all of them have different VAs
Leorio's is one of the easiest to notice
the only one I couldn't tell apart was Gon

Why?

This

I really liked it since it sidestepped a lot of the problems I typically have with long-running shounen shows.

The biggest one is that it avoids stagnation. The arcs are just the right length where they feel long enough to be significant, while short enough that they don't wear out their welcome. On top of that, the subject matter and story differ so much from arc to arc that it never gets predictable. I especially liked the Mafia and Thieves part where Kurapika is made the protagonist for the arc.

I also appreciate the effort they put into world-building . It always threw me for a loop when you see someone who ought to be just a background character or a generic bad guy lackey, then they go into detail about this person's motivations, their disposition and their backstory.

probably because the manga will never be finished

why is Leorio considered a main character he doesn't do anything or even appear in half the arcs

Maybe he'll finally get his chance to shine in the Dark Continent
it was probably because he was a stand-in for kuwabara though

>It always threw me for a loop when you see someone who ought to be just a background character or a generic bad guy lackey, then they go into detail about this person's motivations, their disposition and their backstory
Chimera Ant caught me off guard with that. I was NOT expecting Welfin to end up being such a fully realized character.

Welfin was truly great
he's still my favorite of the squadron leaders, shame his design is so weird

I love Hisoka.

Do you think that Killua is the top or the bottom?

>He will never lecture about Bungee Gum as he skins you alive.
Kill me.

I love him too.

yes I will.