Discuss

Discuss

Anime was eh, great music.
Manga was so fucking godly and made me want to cry.

It's shit

i usually hate reading the manga but I was so sure that the anime ending wasn't right that I was forced to. Anime had great music indeed. Do you feel like some things should be different?

how come

Like in the anime vs manga? Or in the plot in general?

It somehow managed to be both edgy/10 and boring, that is quite a feat.

the anime had totally different plot that it was retarded even Nozomi didn't appear in the anime, while Lucy had a different death and Kohta learnt about his family way later
Generally I hate reading manga because I am forced to use my imagination more

I don't think it's usual for a mango to make you develop both hatred and sympathy for the protagonist at the same time. It's a feat indeed

O QUAM SAAAAAAAAANCTA
QUAAAAAM SEEEEEREEEEEENAAAAAAAA

I haven't watched the show yet but did she really lie?

>tfw up until the end of the series I always thought that some character named Elfen had lied about something
lmao, no Elfen did not lie friendo

Yes she lied. Did you even read the end of the manga? They made a huge fucking deal about her lying.

Watched it as a little kid and loved it. Rewatched it recently and it was k

stop lying to me, she wasn't the one who lied, it was just some elfen's lie that she told once more. she didn't create the original lie

Perfect concept. Flawed execution.

When I first watched it it was one of my favorites. Few years later by the time I watched more anime I had a less favorable opinion on it. Recently I rewatched it and I actually do think it's solid. It's edgy as fuck but if you can get passed the edge it actually tells a fairly emotional story w/ very good music. I think normies like it too much but Sup Forums tends to shit on it a bit too hard.

I think I get what you mean. In the beginning seeing Lucy killing innocent families, followed by a huge amount of gore seemed like a big deal but I got past it quite fast and by the end even though Lucy was fucking up the whole weeb-land, I was still rooting for her, anyone else had similar feels for the ending or nah?

Manga was shit, looked like a kid drew it.

Rewatched it recently, I think it's pretty good. Certainly one of the better gateway anime.

If you got anywhere past the first quarter, you would have saw the art style get pretty good.

pic related

If you seriously expect that to impress anybody you really need to read more manga.

Elfen Lied is shit, even Sonichu is better written.

>gateway anime.
could someone explain that a bit? not too familiar with the terms around here

>not too familiar with the terms
>posts elfen lied
>doesnt already know Sup Forums's opinion of it
out, go back to plebbit. or at least lurk for a year or two

nvm, but why would someone call it a gateway anime, I don't something as gore as this would be televised. and I feel like it appeals more to the japs than the americans since it's kinda disturbing with the pedo and rape stuff inside, am I wrong?

Anime was really shitty, the music was excellent and the manga was the saving grace. The only thing that I am upset over is that most people who praise this as heart wrenching anime is the type of people that only watched the Anime, like it was barely coherent if You haven't read the Manga, it's like Chaos;Head all over again.

I remember we used to have total witch hunts of this anime. It's calmed down these days.

As for me, I find the anime kind of forgettable once you've watched more shows but the manga's pretty good

It wasn't great.

You're wrong. It gained a sizable cult following with teenage girls in the West.
It's one of those shows that confuses transgression for depth, like Maria Nikki.

Very shitty. Would not recommend people watch this crap

9 Terabytes of animes and I still really like this show will never understand why everyone gives the same responses for this show on Sup Forums in every thread.

I thought it was okay. I know what people on this board think but, still.

I enjoyed the characters, the conflicts, and I genuinely had moments where I didn't know what would happen. IE; that time the pup was outside and Lucy took over and walked outside and the dog barked at her. I thought for sure the dog was going to get exploded.

In any case, I thought the idea, backstory, and theme of the series was pretty alright, if not a pretty typical animu story. Muh power of love will make the monster all better n shit.

But after watching it again as an adult, I still like the themes and stuff, but the needless gore and nudity don't add anything to the series. If anything, it takes away from it by being all edgy and gratuitous and shit. Also, the last 3-4 episodes are pretty shit. I hear the manga is a TON better, but I don't really like reading too much.

Manga is comedy gold.

Why did the dog have to be raped during it's puppyhood?