It's a Japs think Christmas is a romantic holiday episode

>it's a Japs think Christmas is a romantic holiday episode

Other urls found in this thread:

bibleinfo.com/en/questions/when-was-jesus-born
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

If people think it's a romantic holiday, then it is a romantic holiday.

>no jesus bullshit
>just eat fried chicken and cake

The Japanese have it right imo

It is though. I spend it with my waifu every year.

Except their wrong and so are you. Regardless of what you think. It's Jesus

Christmas was originally a pagan holiday idiot.

>it's a gaijin thinks he can tell Japan what to do thread

Who the fuck cares when for the past millennium it's been a Christian holiday.

>hurr stop doing things differently

You do whatever the fuck you want. If you want Christmas to be an orgy, you do it because fuck everyone who thinks they can force others to celebrate "properly".

but an orgy isn't properly celebrating CHRISTmas. it would only insult the birthday boy. so shut the fuck up if you don't know what your talking about

But it is in a way

Jesus was born in spring you ufcking idiot. Brainwashed idiots don't even know their own religion.

Yall niggas need jesus

>Christmas
>Cherry Blossom Blooming
>Valentines
>Summer Festival

all of them are romance holidays

What? It's about Santa

You've been living a lie the day you were born

>tfw only one anime ever reminded japs of the reason for the season

Santa Claus is the best

I'll never stop believing

What did he get you for Christmas?

Do people even take Christmas as a religious thing anymore? Seems like it's just another reason to see your family and buy shit.

>people
>thinking

And now it's a romantic holiday. Change is nice.

>it's a gaijin think New Year's Eve is a romantic holiday episode

Not religious and I still absolutely love it.

Only the religious nuts do.

If you try to put religion up against the powers of capitalism, religion doesn't stand a chance.

You alright there ESL-kun?

Nobody in the west has EVER made a story about people falling in love at Christmas.

The eternal Jew won and it's nothing but glorified consumerism now.

A messenger bag

Are you telling me religious and cultural practices are syncretic and often change when adopted by a completely different culture?

Really makes you think... if you're an oblivious idiot to history.

I'm Catholic and my family is Catholic and everyone I know is Catholic (except for a few guys who are muslims) but I think Christmas should be celebrated by everyone. I've been hearing the same things about Jesus since I was a child and kept thinking that was bullshit

I got a motorcycle!

Seems like Santa is calling you a fag.

Don't be hating on my style

This is why Islam is conquering you cucks. Do you think any Muslim would say that fasting in honour of Muhammad is bullshit and everyone should celebrate Ramadan?

I have a cousin twice removed that's a Buddhist and married to a Jew, but that doesn't stop them from holding the family Christmas party.

>religious and cultural practices
You also need to include climate.
You can't expect most americans and elevens other than Hokkaido to celebrate Christmas as a celebration of Winter when they do not know what a real winter is.

It is you dummy. Haven't you ever heard some of the Christmas songs like "Baby, it's cold outside?"

Who the fuck cares when in contemporary times its damn near secular
Listen to your hypocritical self

jesus does not exist, it's just bullshit made up by religious cunts.

>Style

Muslims weren't dumb enough to change the date of their second biggest religion drastically in order to usurp a pagan one and think that a similar thing would never happen to them.

Do you guys live in some godless country or something? Anyone who goes to church regularly takes Christmas as a religious thing. It's not like Muslim-tier "pray to Muhammad 25x in a row at light speed," but a decent amount of people take it as a day of celebration for their faith.

>yell at the top of your lungs the Solstice is about your religion rather than the established pagan holiday celebration it is

Go home retard

I don't believe that the fact that jesus exists is very contentious, but more of the whole "I am the son of God" thing.

second biggest religious holiday* oops

Christians culturally appropriated it like 1000 years ago. Get over it Varg.

Actually, that is a bit debatable as well. IIRC, no secular sources of Jesus's existence are recorded until ~150 AD or so.

>Anyone who goes to church regularly
Do you live in a shithole?

>Christians culturally appropriated it like 1000 years ago.

And capitalism has pretty much successfully appropriated it over the last century. Get over it Ned.

Christmas was just bullshit made up by religious cunts too for their made up Jesus. What's even your argument here?

Not really. Plenty of people take it seriously.

Enjoy the Muslim invasion.

A global minority do and if religious trends over the last 50 years are any indication that number is just going to get smaller and smaller.

I don't care if people still want to consider it a religious holiday, as long as they're not willfully ignorant of the origins then who cares. Just don't pretend people who celebrate it secularly are doing it wrong.

HAHAHA, the cycle never ends.

>A global minority do
It's been that way forever.

>if religious trends over the last 50 years are any indication that number is just going to get smaller and smaller
Not really. Most people still believe in God, heaven, hell, etc. I'm an atheist myself, but I doubt the death of religion will ever truly happen. Plenty of irreligious take up completely stupid, illogical beliefs anyway (see: most obnoxious left-wing secular humanists). We're just in a relatively irreligious period in history; it's happened before and people will probably swing back in time.

>being a christcuck enabler
Disgusting.

Aye, although the timing of his existence seems to be most notably references between 70-200AD. Between, the burn of Rome by Nero, texts by Pliny the elder, and Tacitus. I don't see how the timing affects his existence as a historical figure?

It's either Christians or Muslims senpai. Unless you live in a country like Japan with strong, natural xenophobic tendency, you'll have to pick a side. Remember atheists tend to be left-wingers and for open borders. The idea of a rational society is a myth.

What's it like not being able to outgrow your teenage angst?

this thread is the reason europe fell to the muslin horde

Christian vs Judaism vs Islam.
There can only be one winner.
God

Funny how they all worship the same god yet view each other as heretics and infidels.

>Remember atheists tend to be left-wingers and for open borders

Why are atheists so illogical? I thought they were supposed to be rational.

Well I'm just saying it's debatable. You'll have to ask a historian on that one. It's just not as obvious as say Muhammad who definitely existed since he went around conquering and subduing people.

>Funny how they all worship the same god
That's a meme and not really true.

>Why are atheists so illogical?
I only have guesses, but it's probably just because atheists tend to rebel against Christians who are more likely to be right-wing. So they adopt the opposite view just to be on the other side. An "us vs them" mentality.

Humans would fight for a piece of stick if we wanted hard enough
That's what you get when you evolve from a hunter gatherer background

Jesus wasn't even born on Christmas.

I don't mean that in a teen atheist Jesus-never-existed way, I mean that it literally isn't suggested anywhere in the Bible. It was just a convenient way to combine with the pagan traditions Christianity was in competition with.

bibleinfo.com/en/questions/when-was-jesus-born

Agreed.

Lets not forget many simply didn't want to go the mass every sunday.
Also fuck us vs them mentality, fuck it with a wide side of a rake

Atheists aren't really logical or rational, they just don't believe in God.

Which is why yurop christianity is more for tradition than actual faith
The hardliners you see in the americas are the grandchildren of the lunatics that were exiled from the europe motherland.

>Also fuck us vs them mentality
I would argue it makes sense in certain contexts. It's certainly advantageous from an evolutionary standpoint.

That's also why Europe will be a caliphate by the end of this century.

>Remember atheists tend to be left-wingers and for open borders

Christmas is a time to reconnect with family. It's a time to mend relationships, repair bridges once long-thought to be broken, and to enjoy and share in the spirit of giving unto others without asking anything in return.

>Also fuck us vs them mentality

Human brains are programmed to be tribal, lad. Deal with it. Western egalitarian society is the only people who aren't playing the us vs them game and we're getting fucked in the ass for it.

True that, should've elaborated my post better.
The only thing that gives them power is oil, and that shit won't last a century mark my words user.

Thank God, maybe Sup Forums will stop leaking out to other boards then.
Kek, my mother's family just entered another cold war 2 days ago, so much for the spirit of Christmas and everything.

Fuck my family I got my waifu.

It's true in America at least. I don't know about Europe.

He's literally, 100% correct though

>It's a time to mend relationships
that's a lie.

You're way of thinking is why you'll never get any pussy in your lifetime OP.

What did you give you're waifu today then, user?

That's a retarded study to reference because most people won't be 100% in line with their political party.

I meant when it comes to morality and ethics, forgot to express that better.
Alas its true, the lessons evolution carved in the human race won't be erased by talking.

A nice meal. You don't need material goods to celebrate love.

>literally has a lean republican/lean democrat section

Atheists are overwhelming left-wingers in the US.

Agreed

>being too edgy to understand the bonding that a family praying over a communal meal creates

That's the thing about religion. It serves a higher purpose regardless of whether its real or not.

Not because atheism itself but because they want to rebel against their parents

>point
>your head
I posted an image which states that christians are more likely to hold leftwing views on immigration and equality. That is entirely possible for them while still voting republican. Thus your example is pointless.

Aren't teenagers overwhelmingly left-wingers either way.

We Sup Forums now.

oh please, polacks can't hold a thread like this

Widespread atheism historically leads to left wing beliefs (see the Soviet Union and commies in general). Sure, it might not technically be left wing in and of itself, but the result isn't any different. I think people probably just worship the state instead of god. I'd rather have the masses pick the latter.

>I posted a clickbait daily mail article
Yeah okay there buddy.

Unfortunately.

Good thread.

Fucking this.

is religion really just a pretext for social gatherings to you?