I finished watching it recently. What's Sup Forums's opinion on it?

I finished watching it recently. What's Sup Forums's opinion on it?

It wasn't complete shit but it was certainly mediocre. Okada was a mistake, yet it wasn't even the worst show she worked on that season.

Well I've only recently started watching anime and after Kill La Kill I just kinda started watching this.
It gave me good feels but not much more

If some decent Trigger is what you're after, Luluco is from the same season and way better despite being a short.

I had no strong feelings about it either way. If you want more entertaining Mari Okada-written anime, look up Ano Hana, Hanasaku Iroha and Nagi no Asukara.

It was okay. It had great art and directing and the cast was likeable. The story had some really strong moments but the show begged to be 24 episodes instead. Okada could have done worse but it really did feel like she wasnt good at utilizing this huge main cast.

Yeah I was meaning to look that up it sounds good
Thanks for the suggestions I'm gonna get into that as well!

regret watching it

Great character design was wasted on Okada show.

Yeah I see what you mean. In the last two to three episodes it really took the focus from the group to kacchon and sonozaki

It was pretty decent although I'm usually not into melodrama.
The writing was above average and the art beautiful.

By the way OP, if you like Studio Trigger, their new series Little Witch Academia is starting in a couple weeks, you can try live-watching it with Sup Forums. In the meantime, there are already two OVAs of Little Witch Academia done by Trigger a couple years ago.

Also general Trigger-related suggestion: Gurren Lagann and Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt. They're technically Gainax, but the people who made them later broke off to found Trigger.

Terrible character designs and motivations lead to a bland story. Fujos loved it for the imaginary fag couples with the dudes. Disgusting.

Wow I didn't know Sup Forums did that kind of thing. Will definitely look it up!

It had my 2nd favorite ED of the season.

Okada, nothing else to say. 4/10

I likes the OP song a lot.

It's good

Hot fucking garbage.

The majority of Sup Forums seemed to as well. I was a bigger fan of the ED, but the OP was pretty good.

Shame because we'll never hear another song from them again.

The poor blokes. I heard the singer passed away due to a brain tumor. :(

It's okay, only worth watching for this cutie

Luluco was way better and it was a short.
Nips should refrain from writing serious stories, they're just terrible at it. They're better at the wacky, random shit.
Kiznaiver tried to do both and couldn't manage to reach the same high notes the short did.

I will forever wonder what kiznaiver could have been if it wasn't ruined by shitty melodrama. I blame okada for this.

Kiznaiver can't exist without the melodrama, they hired her for that reason. She wanted to branch out and do a battle shounen type story but they didn't want to go for it. Trigger itself wanted to branch out and do different things, hence the melodrama. Kinda ironic really.

I thought it was the other way round, and that trigger wanted to do an action focused series but okada pushed kiznaiver in the direction it ended up going. Do you have a source for this?

I'm pretty sure it was in the interviews that used to get posted in the threads. I don't have them saved, so maybe some other user can provide.

He's poorly paraphrasing the words of Kobayashi Hiroshi, the director, who said that Okada wanted to do a bigger battle anime with a larger cast, but he said they should do a character drama with a smaller cast because that's what she's good at. On that note, it should be said that Kiznaiver was an Aniplex-driven anime and Okada was on board before Kobayashi, how it turned out was nothing about what Trigger wanted.

Art and direction were absolutely wonderful.

Writing was hit or miss (it's okada after all), imo it lacked any real dramatic tension... maybe 12 episodes weren't enough.

Overall, the plot was kinda weak even though the character interactions and designs were amazing.

I'd recommed watching it if you're into Okada, drama and highschool teen problems, or if you enjoy pretty shows.

>it should be said that Kiznaiver was an Aniplex-driven anime and Okada was on board before Kobayashi, how it turned out was nothing about what Trigger wanted.

Here we go with the Aniplex meme again.
Trigger and Okada made the show they wanted to make, it just sucked.

Kiznaiver wouldn't have been anything without the shitty melodrama.

Kiznaiver exists to prove how lame and gay TANG endings where all humans get their emotions Newtype'd are. Most became potatoes, Nori-chan became a long-suffering CUTE and MC just turned into an insensate brick.

I just remembered someone saying as much previously, but now that I look it up, you're right, my bad.

Hot garbage.

pretty disappointe. Dropped it after 4 eps

Dropped after one episode. Mediocre. Trite.

One of the worst shows that I actually completed.

Forgot my image

He ruined the show and was pointless. Only the guy who used to be fat was interesting.

It was great. Loved all the characters and how gorgeous it was.

That sounds like a much better story than kiznaiver