This series has been licensed by Yen Press

>This series has been licensed by Yen Press

What manga did they ruin? Enlighten me.

None. It's usually light novels that are adapted then become popular and are picked up. Not losing anything of value.

OP is a poorfag and getting licensed means no more free translations.

Not OP but do have you ever seen the quality of yen press translations? Top that with their forced snail-like speed which makes people lose interest, it's just a shit company with shit translations.

idk about op, but my problem comes with the speed (you can easily find and download most if not all YP stuff anyway), the problem is the speed. Even their fastest translations are always slower than the fan translations, the difference in quality changes from material to material but overall it doesn't justify the diference in release times and many times it is inferior.

Jew press makes the translators drop the translations and it takes years, YEARS for them to catch up.

I don't understand, if a company has better resources and management than a single individual fan translator can make such shitty products and extreme slow pace of creating it (even though there's literally already completed references materials)

Nobody knows.
I personally believe it's all because some neet set it up, hired as little as possible and only cares to make enough to survive the current month. Basically laziness, but that doesn't explain their greed when acquiting new licenses and the eagerness when pursuing fan translators.

t. shit taste faggot

>Jew press makes the translators drop the translations

No, this never happens, the translators are pussies, akame ga kill managa STILL gets translataed even though it's licensed by them and Konosuba and Mahouka are still getting translated.

Why does Sup Forums insist on defending spineless fags who quit halfway?

I wish more translators had brass balls large and durable enough as TL-kun's.

sure they are. but it's a ridiculously slow pace.

Fan translators have the potential to translate volumes in the matter of a week, if not a week and a half if they're dedicated and determined enough.

That's all on them

Just finished reading pic related. Excluding a few words translations looked quite nice. I

Sorry. Messed up.

Some translators quit because they want readers to support Yen Press.

Even if you dislike Yen Press, in their eyes, it's great to support them because they can officially get what you want licensed and published. That, and some do it for free and think "If I'm not getting paid why bother continuing?"

HakoMari is a recent example, everyone wanted Yen Press to acquire the license for it. And so they did.

Personally, I like fan-translators, some translate niche series like HakoMari, bring it into public conscious and I think it open Yen Press eyes that a modicum of their readers want to read anything other then the current slew of popular LNs.

Right, but then you run into the problem of having to wait years for them to catch up, if they ever do get that far.

>get licensed
>issue DMCA takedowns
>years behind fan translations
>drop the project before you even catch up
>repeat ad nauseam

Most annoying thing that most translators are millennials and they take DMCA bot takedowns seriously. Some of them really fear of being "sued" in internet lmao.

If it'd mean less LN and isekaishit floating around online, I'd be so fucking happy.

The thing about yenpress is that, when they pick up something, that means they have to translate from the very beginning if there are no officially published works for it.

For fantranslators, they've translated more than a chunk of a certain novel, let's say up to volume 15.

Yenpress would immediately DMCA them, and they'd translate Volume 1 to whatever volume, slowly.

Sure, they'll have an actual team of translators, editors, proofreaders and research teams, but time is taken away too much.

The other problem is how localized will it be, will it ruin japanese-only slurs? or will it ruin a joke? add or remove?

>Yen Press gets a series
>No digital release
I only read this shit on my phone on the bus or at work. Why do they do digital for only half of the series they pick up?

Given their history of spotty releases, I don't trust Yen Press not to fuck up.

>doujin has weight gain tag
>weight gain only happens for a single page
>or it doesnt have it at all and its just slight breast expansion.

because people who read on the computer/phone are faggots who need to kill themselves because the real market is books.

I hate it when american companies license something. Every fucking translator quits their shit because they can't into anonymity and I have to somehow import that expensive shit and almost always get something censored served.

Fuck you america, I hope trump runs you fuckers into the ground.

If only one could learn other languages.

>he doesnt already know japanese so he can just import books for much cheaper.

I'm busy masturbating and working.

Then maybe they should keep the original book size instead of blowing it up to the size of a comic book. I want something I can put away into my jacket pocket when I'm done, not a fucking text book.

>Why do they do digital for only half of the series they pick up?
Because they did not pay for it.

lol wut? everything I have is the basic book size. which is like 2 bluray cases thick and the length and width of a bluray. You must be buying retard books.

Same to you, reddit.

>Yen Press acquires licence to the Mushoku Tensei franchise.

It's time to become truck-sama, cause YP about to get isekai'd.

>series gets picked up by Yen Press
>still gets fan translations anyway
How likely is this anyway?

Are they really this bad?
Been reading the 1st volume of Oregairu and haven't noticed any major fuckups, but I'm not a native English speaker so maybe I just haven't noticed.
Heck, I was planning on ordering Spice and Wolf soon.

Whats it about?

>was planning on ordering Spice and Wolf soon.
Buy this. It's worth it

>Mushoku Tensei
wait what? I thought seven seas has this?

people are just mad because the overlord books had some mistranslation of them saying bunny when it should of been lamprey

Hopefully they can make some sense out of that clusterfuck final chapter.

The epilogue was good but everything leading to it was a mess.

>those pics
am I being baited?

God, that thing is so beautiful. If only I didn't already have the series in paperback.

their translations are fine. People will always find a reason to complain. Yen Press does a better job than any other official localizer, with much less mistakes. Honestly, reading One Peace's translation of Shield Hero makes me wonder if they even have an editor or a spell checker.

It took Japan years to get the books too. There's plenty of other things you can read in the meantime, I don't see why a publisher should have suddenly devote all their resources to the one series someone on the internet wants NOW.

LNs in Japan are small enough to fit in your pocket, that's literally their entire business model. They're also like five bucks each.

just the manga user, just the manga. Praise Orsted, just the manga. Hitogami must not get his way, his apostles are everywhere!

Hitogami has already been confirmed as best boi. He's the guy that literally brought human knowledge to the other races and made them somewhat civilizedExcept maybe demons, they were always retarded save for laplace who is a half dragon race

Does it really warrant a whole year's worth of time to translating what is basically a novella with pictures? A professional translator can typically translate 2000 words a workday, and if chapters are usually between 6k to 8k words, that should mean about one chapter a week at the most with editing, proofreading, and localization not taken into account.

What series are you reading that gets released once a year? Everything I've seen is once every four months at most, unless it's really niche like S&W and I'm pretty sure even that was twice a year.

Faraway Paladin got an official translation?

Yes, vol 1 is out and you can find it easily.

3 undeads raising up a kid and teaching him magic, holy magic and fighting skills each .

learning japanese seems a lot harder than learning any modern popular language.

Jew Press takes on fucktons of projects and they have limited staff. So what happens is that the TLers (who aren't very good or they'd be working for embassies or big firms) get stretched out over projects they hate and they do a slipshod job.

There's no comparing to a guy who does this because he loves the series and wants to make it food.

There are some out there.

Shit, I don't want to have to pay 5 euros (half of what I currently have to my name) to read it. Do you happen to have a download link or something similar?

It is on the madogoddess, together with the other stuff that wasctranslated.

The IRC channel or the manga repository?

Never mind, I think I figured it out.
Cheers man.

How do I use it?

I can't seem to find it using Google search

I kind of want to tell you but at the same time I don't. Ganbatte!

People translate in exchange for kudos. If something is getting an official release the kudos will not be as plentiful and it's usually better to move on to another series. Jew press then proceeds to release one book from a series every 42 years and no one ends up happy.

I'll suck you off user.. I'll suck you real good... I'll suck you Till its Shining

L-lewd. Don't let your sluttiness rub off on the other little girls here, please.

Still that's what the translations are supposed to solve. They are doing it wrong even if you learn other languages.

just tell me please

Help please.
Help a nigga out

Madoka + goddess + irc.

Can't into irc's. Never been in one so don't know how to find

So in the end the translators in the LN scene are a bunch of fags and yet you defend them?

Thank fuck i don't read LN's

Good. IRC will keep retards and lawyers out.

Okay I figured it out and now I'm in but I can't exactly find what I'm looking for.

Like I'm in the site and click a tag and at the top of the next page it shows the number of books with that tag like 700 or 488 but the page itself only shows a small amount. And there's no "next" page.

Is that a bad thing or something?

That's just the way things are heading. If you're not paying for something right now, you will be soon, and there's nothing you can do to stop it.

I was reading Saekano yesterday and I wondered why it was chapter 24 then it jumped to 40. Turns out Yen Press has it's hands all over it.

I was thinking about it and I still don't understand why they would strangle fan translators like that? Are they afraid of lost profits?

They do it because it's standard procedure, but they never really go through with it. The overlord translations are still going iirc and some other user mentioned a few more series that still get translations.